Maybelline Ultra Liner Waterproof

3.0

on 1/26/2011 12:07:00 PM

Not good. Not waterproof. Color is alright but when it comes off it is rather flakey, I wouldn't want to wear it for fear of having it flake off and get into my eye; plus I wouldn't want to get out and realize that my liner looked cracked or that portions of it had come off.

on 1/20/2011 3:33:00 PM

Caved and bought this product after some YouTube Beauty Gurus raved about it.

While the packaging was good, the price was a little high ($9.99), and the flaking was also a problem for me. NOT flaking on the lash line itself, but on the wing, which is a look that I often wear and figured this product would work well for.

It dries super fast, and it DEFINITELY is waterproof, can't complain there. It comes off easily with eye makeup remover as well. But the part where I wing my eyeliner out ended up flaking by mid-morning, only a few hours after application, and really looked horrid.

I will not purchase this product again, and I am still on the hunt for a good liquid eyeliner for precision, staying power and richness for the winged eyeliner look. :)

on 1/19/2011 9:26:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I have mixed feelings about this product. I'm really into brown liners these days so I bought this in the dark brown. I tried it on my hand last night. As soon as it dried, I was able to wipe it off (it came off in flakes). Of course I'm thinking "oh great...another liner down the toilet". So that was one strike against it, but then I remembered I'm not rubbing my eyes vigorously like that throughout the day. So, I put another line on and took a shower. I let the water run all over it, then I scrubbed a little bit and of course it came off but it was relatively water resistant. I gave it the full-day test today and have to say I'm not completely dissapointed. It did last a 12 hour day on me with minimal flakes. Yes, there were small pieces missing near my inner corner. Not incredibly noticeable, but noticeable to me of course. It's a perfect brown color, it's easy to use, the brush is great, but I wish the staying power was better. I wish they could stick this brush on the WnW H20 Proof liquid liner. That one is my absolute HG WP liquid liner, but the applicator is too stiff for me. I love that this brush is actually a real brush with bristles, and that it's flimsy. Overall, I'm glad I tried it, and I'll probably keep using it especially since it DID pass my 12 hr test...and now I know I don't have to constantly check my eyes in the mirror....but I don't think I'd trust this in the rain or humidity. If you're looking for staying power, go check out WnW's H20 proof liquid liners. Those things are like painting sharpies on your face and don't come off easily AT ALL. But that's the great thing about them for me. If you're looking for a decent brown liquid liner with an easy-to-use applicator, this would be great. Definitely expect flaking, but not to the extent that you're having a confetti party on your eye.

UPDATE: I decided to work out with this on my eyes just as a test after I wore it for 12 hours. Fail. Flakes on my lower lashes from it falling off. So, definitely don't do a heavy hard core workout with this on...it won't stay.

on 1/12/2011 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I have mixed feelings about this liner. On my eyes, it looks good. The brush is very easy to use (I'm a total novice at liquid liner, so this was a huge plus for me), but there are always dried chunks on the lip of the opening of the bottle every time I take the brush out. Sometimes I even have to wipe little black chunks off of the brush itself. Also, since I'm really new to liquid liner I don't know if this may be normal, but it feels like barely any product gets on the brush and I have to dip it maybe four times to complete just one eye. Other than the problems with the product itself, it does look good on me, and I haven't had problems with it flaking or anything other than looking good and lasting all day.

when dried, does not look smooth at all
it is very very obvious that it is very very dry
flakes off

on 1/5/2011 12:53:00 AM

I HATED this liner! It's the worst I have ever used. When I first used it, it flaked near the inner corners so I thought maybe I applied it wrong or I applied too much product so I wasn't welling to give up and I kept using it, hoping, it would stop flaking but NO it didn't. It didn't look smooth and it flaked. The pro was, it did have a brush application which, in my opinion, works best with liquid liner and it did live up being "waterproof" but other than that I would not repurchase.

on 12/26/2010 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this eyeliner! Definitely my HG.
I have very oily lids and this is the only eyeliner that stays on for me the entire day and never smudges! It has a tiny brush applicator and applies easily.

on 12/9/2010 10:21:00 AM

The best thing about this product is the packaging. Beyond that...Yeah. Not much else. I'm not really sure how to describe this. It kind of reminded me a peel off nail polish that I used as a little kid. Once it was on my eyes, it started to peel off. It was absolutely horrible! I am still on the hunt for the perfect liquid liner. Don't waste your money on this product.

on 12/8/2010 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is my favorite liquid liner! I've been wearing this since high school. Stays put all day, easy to apply.

on 11/16/2010 12:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I wish there was a "hell no" chocie for if you were gonna purchase again. I wanted a liquid liner for my pin up makeup & this said hypoallergenic & waterproof so I naught it with good expectations. not only does this flake like crazy & leave this weird dry shiny line on your eyes but it irritated my eyes so very badly. I'm still recovering & it's been about a week. definetley a crap product