Dove Essential Nutrients Day Lotion SPF 15

3.3

on 6/7/2004 10:47:00 AM

I received this product in a trial size before purchasing the full size. I have oily skin and I must say it is helping my skin look more dewy. I like the fact it is not so greasy and has a light feeling to it. I use something heavier at night. I have used several moisturizers ranging in price from $3.00-$30.00. I must say I enjoy using this one so far!

I will purchase again.

on 5/31/2004 1:23:00 AM

I just bought this product yesterday, and tried it this morning. It gives my skin a very healthy glow. Not shiny at all. This product suits my normal to dry skin well. The fact that it contains three different kind of oils concerns me. Will update if I notice any problems. Also, the packaging sucks because the top is really tricky to get off.

on 5/25/2004 3:44:00 AM

I've been using this for about two months now, and as far as moisturizers go, this has been the best one I've tried yet.
Others used to leave my cheeks with dry, red areas; this has cleared those areas right up.

One thing is that it is rather thick and can feel greasy if used directly from the pot onto skin. Instead, I use less moisturizer than I usually would, but apply it while my face is still a little wet after washing my face.

It probably isn't that great for skin bordering on oily. I barely use a tiny dab on my forehead; any more seems a tad too greasy.

on 5/7/2004 12:50:00 PM

I loved this moisturizer for a month or two. Very moisturizing, not too oily, didn't break me out... But during this time, I've also had a bad outbreak of milia under and around my eyes... :-( So, I'm moving on to something else. I think this prouct has oil in it which may be the problem. So now I search on for my HG sunscreen/moisturizer...

on 4/30/2004 4:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Amazing- this inexpensive, white, creamy yet lightweight, easily absorbed lotion leaves my oily (but not blemish prone) skin soft, silky and younger looking, with no breakouts. Since I have been using this along with the Dove night cream (only 2 weeks now) more and more people are thinking my daughter and I are sisters! I even had one convience store cashier think I was 19- I'm 32!!!!!!

on 4/30/2004 3:25:00 PM

Hated the twist off cap, the product was goopy and greasy even in the winter. Loved the smell, but I checked the ingredients and saw that it contained corn oil and other oils that made my skin too greasy. As far as Dove goes, most of their products claim that they are oil-free, but their ingredient lists often contain mineral oil...yuck!

on 4/30/2004 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

In reply to a post below, this does have broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection even though it is not labelled as such. I had the same issue with this not being clearly stated, they should know by now that the consumer is educated and wants to know this. I checked the active ingredients and they provide both UVA and UVB protection. Anyway, as for the actual product, the value for the money is excellent, so I use it on my neck, decollage, back of hands at the same time as my face (why protect just the face when these areas show age just as much?). I have combo/acne prone skin, and this hasn't made me break out more than I usually do during certain times of the month. The cap is a bit cumbersome, so if they fix this problem, I'd give it a better rating.
EDIT: I found that this eventually did break me out, everywhere I used it. Once I stopped using it, everything cleared up, so I tried again, and sure enough, i broke out. I won't buy this again.

on 4/29/2004 5:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I just tried this product on my arm, and even after having wiped it off, the scent lingers and has overpowered my nose! Fortunately it's not a horrible scent, but I can't imagine smelling it all day, especially when it's on my face. No thanks. Otherwise, it's probably quite a good product.

on 4/22/2004 11:00:00 PM

The only reason I don't use this lotion is because the product isn't labeled to have "broad" spectrum with BOTH UVA and UVB SPF protection. All the other products labeled this on their box. Could I be wrong?

on 4/22/2004 10:48:00 PM

A little too greasy for me. Not a bad moisturizer, I am still using it but I'm not a huge fan. If it left my skin a little less shiny it would be fine.