July 28, 2014 | 2127 users online

Sunscreen - Clinique - Super City Block SPF 25

rated 2 of 5 on 3/6/2005 10:27:00 AM More reviews by capybara

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Fantastic product. Very efficient as a sun-block (have used this in really fierce conditions!)but also works as a daily face protector during the summer: the tint prevents it from looking chalky, and it has enough pigment to even out the complexion nicely, at least if you're pale. I also find it works surprisingly well as a makeup base, although best if you use powder over the top. Definitely a summer staple.
UPDATE: I take it back: this may work in the South African winter but it can't handle the Paris summer. I used it (generously) over a (very sunny) long weekend and my skin is now noticeably pigmented (freckles etc) and very dehydrated. Given that it is SPF 25, and I wasn't in the sun that much, AND I wore a hat, that seems pretty poor. I didn't wear any suncream on my arms, and they are only slightly darker than my face. And it was a new tube. Bottom line: avoid. I'm going to switch immediately before I age any further. Only hope I haven't suffered too much skin damage in the two years I've been using this.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2005 8:50:00 PM More reviews by lifeplyr01

Ok this is my staple s/s. I've used it for years on my dry/sensitive skin. I love the creamy texture which on me dries to a matte finish. In the summer I'm alittle oily in the T zone and this sunblock doesnt seem to make my face any oilier. No breakouts, reasonably priced, only caveat is that although it's stable,it's not a very broad spectrum s/s. Wish it had better protection! C'mon Clinique -, oops, I mean Lauder, get with the program!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2005 6:29:00 PM More reviews by AlFitz614

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this product! It's not oily like other SPFs I've tried. I also like that it has anti oxidents in it as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2005 10:42:00 AM More reviews by Vampirula

All I can say is that I've been using it for years...a plus is that it can be applied in the eye area so I don't have to worry about using an eye cream with sunscreen. Of course, I'll keep repurchansing

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2005 9:03:00 AM More reviews by Amst

I use Retin-A on my face so a sunscreen is essential and this fits the bill. I use it over my moisturizer and under my foundation. Beautiful finish. I wouldn't be without this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2005 4:42:00 AM More reviews by vit_c

I like this - its an essential spf for all spf starters. as global warming & its effects is more apparent i ahve moved from teh SPF 15 to this SPF25 however due to the price (a little expensive as SPF should be liberally applied) i buy this only once a year to alternate between my cheaper spfs.

Its texture is light & easily blended in with liquid or 2way foundaiton, on its own it is like a tinted moisturiser too.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2005 4:59:00 PM More reviews by pinup_chick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A good tinted sunscreen with lots of antioxidants and a decent SPF. This stuff is definitely a summer-time treat for me, as my skin is too dry for it in the winter. It's packed with different vitamins and antioxidants and I've never burned while using it (impressive for my Scottish/Irish ghostly palor)
It's my favorite staple facial sunscreen.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2005 9:24:00 AM More reviews by racheluy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this! It's very sheer, very light, and didn't make me break out. I think it's even oil-free. It has a slight hint of color but it looks so natural. I rarely wear make-up and on days that I feel like wearing some, this could substitute as a nice, light foundation. Will definitely purchase this product again

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2005 8:54:00 PM More reviews by kc_sunshine02

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This made me breakout literally, the next day after I used it. I have no clue what ingredient is the culprit but, I will not continue to use this. I am still giving it 3 lippies based on the fact that I liked the color and the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2004 12:07:00 PM More reviews by vanbergc

Love this sunblock. It's matte, which is a big consideration for my oily skin, it doesn't contain chemical sunfilters, and works perfectly under my foundation. I often use it alone though. I have complete confidence in this product since this is a physical sunblock, and I only ever apply it once a day. Works great!