Clinique Super City Block SPF 25

3.6

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: titanium dioxide 7.30%, zinc oxide 6.90% INGREDIENTS: water, trioctyldodecyl citrate, butylene glycol, cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, c12-15 alkyl benzoate, steareth-2, aluminum stearate, silica, lecithin, gentiana lutea (gentian) root extract, rosmarinus officinalis (rose-mary) leaf extract, hordeum vulgare (barley) root extract, betu-la alba (birch) bark extract, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, laminaria saccharina extrac, saccharomyces lysate extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seedcake, sodium hyaluronate, sorbitan tristearate, linoleic acid, polyquaternium-51, caprylyl methicone, sorbitol, sodium rna, phospholipids, peg-40 stearate, magnesium aluminum silicate, caprylyl glycol, tocopheryl acetate, phytantriol, stearic acid, hydrogenated lecithin, cellulose, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, stearyl dimethicone, ascorbyl tocopheryl maleate, nordihydroguaiaretic acid, linolenic acid, pantethine, bisabolol, hydroxyethyl urea, ceteth-2, peg/ppg-18/8 dimethicone, polyglyceryl-6 polyricinoleate, steareth-20, isopropyl titanium triisostearate, propylene glycol dicaprate, sodium stearate, nylon-12, citric acid, nylon-6, hexylene glycol, xanthan gum, disodium edta, bht, phenoxyethanol, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499)

on 4/2/2005 7:56:00 PM

I used this for a long time (almost a year) and I liked the finish. It also kept me from getting tan. But then I found out that it has a poor UVA protection (titanium dioxide is a UVB filter primarily). And most skin damage is caused by UVA rays. So I do not use the prodct any more, and I will not repurchase it.

on 4/1/2005 1:45:00 PM

I like this pretty well but not as much as the Good Skin All Calm sunscreen. Super City Block is slightly thick and a little hard to spread. I do like the tint and the all-physical sunscreens in it, but if I try to put foundation over it, that often looks to heavy. I think it's better if you want to just wear it as a tinted sunscreen with maybe some powder on top.

on 3/27/2005 6:03:00 AM

THIS SUNBLOCK IS HORRID! First of all its creamy, oily, u would think moisturizing, but then this stuff goes on and if u have dry patches of skin it would flake and dry u out! Leaves a chalky residue! If your skin is dry forget it, and those w/ oily skins or spots might find it greasy! Yucky stuff!

This sunscreen is supposed to help against UVA and UVB. The color is a bit beige. I have light colored skin so it doesn't really make my face any lighter or darker. When first applied, it does feel pretty heavy and thick. I have to even it out on my face so it won't be concentrated on one area. I bought this sunscreen because of the high SPF and because it's at a reasonable price: $15.50. If you want a sunscreen that's at a pretty low price then go for it.

on 3/19/2005 8:30:00 PM

I really wanted to like this but I don't. I have tried it several times and everytime it causes me to break out. It feels really heavy on and I feel dirty the whole time I am wearing it. I guess my skin just doens't like physical sunscreens.

on 3/17/2005 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I really like this so far! It has a nice matte finish on my combo to oily skin that doesn't leave a white cast, thanks to the light tint. And it doesn't turn me greasy during the day either or cause breakouts!!! The smell is a little sunscreenish, but hey, I'll take that instead of nasty zits. As for the protection, it covers UVA but not UVB rays, but I have more intense sunscreen for that when I go to the beach, and I can always reapply this as needed. Plus my mineral makeup adds another SPF of 17.

on 3/11/2005 7:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

this is a sheer block,it's little greasy for oily skin,and it dosen't correct my skin tone.i'll kept looking for a better block!

on 3/6/2005 10:27:00 AM

Fantastic product. Very efficient as a sun-block (have used this in really fierce conditions!)but also works as a daily face protector during the summer: the tint prevents it from looking chalky, and it has enough pigment to even out the complexion nicely, at least if you're pale. I also find it works surprisingly well as a makeup base, although best if you use powder over the top. Definitely a summer staple.
UPDATE: I take it back: this may work in the South African winter but it can't handle the Paris summer. I used it (generously) over a (very sunny) long weekend and my skin is now noticeably pigmented (freckles etc) and very dehydrated. Given that it is SPF 25, and I wasn't in the sun that much, AND I wore a hat, that seems pretty poor. I didn't wear any suncream on my arms, and they are only slightly darker than my face. And it was a new tube. Bottom line: avoid. I'm going to switch immediately before I age any further. Only hope I haven't suffered too much skin damage in the two years I've been using this.

on 2/23/2005 8:50:00 PM

Ok this is my staple s/s. I've used it for years on my dry/sensitive skin. I love the creamy texture which on me dries to a matte finish. In the summer I'm alittle oily in the T zone and this sunblock doesnt seem to make my face any oilier. No breakouts, reasonably priced, only caveat is that although it's stable,it's not a very broad spectrum s/s. Wish it had better protection! C'mon Clinique -, oops, I mean Lauder, get with the program!!

on 2/16/2005 6:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I love this product! It's not oily like other SPFs I've tried. I also like that it has anti oxidents in it as well.