Palladio Herbal Dual Wet & Dry Foundation

4.1

on 4/5/2011 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I purchased this following my stint with studio fix. I was looking for an alternative to mac because it was breaking me out and leaving my face greasy halfway through the day. So I did some researching online and came across makeupalley. I read that this was a good alternative to studio fix... And it was! I've been using the shade laurel nude on and off for five years before I discovered mineral makeup. This is a good powder. Mostly used it dry but I like that you can use it wet as well. Color selection is limited but luckily I found a good match in laurel nude. Coverage is medium but buildable and goes on silky and smooth. Covers well and I love the sponge but mostly use a powder brush to apply. My only gripe is you hit pan pretty quickly and touchups are required if you have combo skin like me. However I think a primer might fix that problem. All in all a decent makeup that's relatively unknown but a nice little product. I'll be seeing you in my future Palladio.

on 3/30/2011 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I LOVE THIS! It doesnt look cakey at all and actually looks quite natural on me. It evens out my skin tone, i have some red spots and the coverage is good(i dont have bad skin, but for my random breakouts once in a while it works) Its creamy and keeps my skin looking flawless. I have dry skin & it doesnt make it flake like some powders ive used before. Its inexpensive only 9.99! i got mine at Ulta & i am so happy i found this product! Im already on my second one :)

on 3/22/2011 6:33:00 PM

This stuff is great! And cheap (which makes it even more great)! I think ideally it is for combination-oily skin like mine; some have complained that it makes their skin feel tight, but for me, that feeling lasts very, very briefly. It gives light (dry) to medium (wet) coverage, and is portage. I don't look messy in the middle of the day. I don't need any big touch ups. I'm not usually a drug store makeup buyer, because there is a sephora across the street from me and several department stores closer to me than the nearest drug store - but I like this better than the Dior Airflash I recently bought, by far!

on 3/18/2011 2:14:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I bought this in cypress beige. I use NC 30 MAC and I really liked this. I never used this wet so I cannot review on that but really like it as a finishing powder and even use it by itself on days when I don't wear foundation. I reach for this more than my MAC Skin finish powder.

on 3/12/2011 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Gave me cystic acne :(.

on 3/8/2011 8:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've been using this for three weeks now, and it's become my daily go-to foundation. My skin is acne-ridden so it doesn't have quite enough coverage to be my only foundation, but if I lightly apply liquid foundation then finish off with this (applied wet), nothing budges and it doesn't look cakey. I'm amazed!
I actually love the sponge that comes in the compact, it's very thick and not those thin useless ones that normally come with powder foundation. It holds up to washing quite well. The rest of the packaging is very nice, not clunky or bulky.
The only thing that stops me from giving this a 5 is the color selection. The closest match for me is Laurel Nude but it's not perfect. It was hard to tell the colors of the powders by the boxes because the swatches were horrible, and there weren't that many colors. If Laurel Nude was slightly less pink it would be perfect for me.
Overall I'd definitely recommend this to those looking for a full coverage powder foundation. It's budget-friendly and you definitely get your money's worth.

on 3/3/2011 9:14:00 AM

One word: gross.

This looked like orange mud on my skin. Cakey as all get out and didn't even cover well. Apparently some peeps really love this foundation so if you decide to give it a try just be sure to keep your receipt so you can take this sucker back to Sally's if it looks like ass on you like it did on me.

on 2/18/2011 10:42:00 PM

I tried this foundation, wearing it several times over several months. As other have indicated, it always seemed to oxidize and turn orange. I applied it with a kabuki brush, as well as the sponge applicator included. I also used it with and without foundation primer. No matter what I did it always turned orange, as well as caking in fine lines and emphasizing wrinkles. I like other Palladio products; unfortunately this one didn't work out.

I wanted to update my review because I have used this product as a powder over a liquid foundation (Lancome Teint Idole) & found it gave a beautiful matte finish. I wouldn't have even tried it as such but happened not to have powder with me one day. I did have this foundation & gave it a try. I'm glad I did because it worked beautifully. I've also used it periodically throughout the day & have found it always leaves a great matte finish.

on 2/18/2011 3:26:00 PM

I LOVE this foundation! Great coverage, lasts all day and a fantastic price. I have tired so many powder foundations and I have finally found my HG!

on 2/16/2011 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

this powder makeup gives good coverage, my exact color is laurel nude. Not bad for $ 9.99.can be purchased at Sally beauty supply or Ulta.