November 26, 2014 | 1622 users online

Cleansers - Ponds - Deep Cleanser Cold Cream

rated 2 of 5 on 8/11/2013 10:18:00 PM More reviews by wenderella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I tried so much to love this, I really did.

It's cheap, supposedly removes makeup well, is gentle on skin, what's there not to love?

Unfortunately,

1) It does not remove my makeup well
After massaging it on my face for a few minutes, I use cotton wipes to wipe it off, and I need to repeat this step a 2-3 times just to get to the point where there is very little residue left on my face.

The only method that works for me is - Apply cream and wipe off 2-3 times, wipe face with hot towel, then use a foam cleanser.

But I feel like that's too harsh on my skin, which is against why I bought it in the first place (as a gentle makeup remover).

2) There's a film
I expected the film after reading the reviews before i bought this, but the feeling is like there's something "on" my face.

It makes me feel like if I apply any skincare products, they won't absorb, or it will clog my skin.

Sure enough....

3) It caused little bumps on my face

After using this, I usually get tiny small bumps on my cheeks. They are not visible, but when I touch my face I can feel them. This is enough to tell me that my skin is not breathing well when I use this.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2013 3:54:00 AM More reviews by melissamberry

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

Cult favorite for a reason. I love that people have been using this forever and it's a tried and true product. This does an awesome job taking off makeup and you get so much more value for your money than with makeup remover wipes. There's almost nothing on my cotton pad when I use toner after cleansing. If your skin hates fragrance don't use this.
EDIT: tried a makeup remover wipe but found after using a toner there was still stuff coming off on my cotton pad. Can never go back to those things for face makeup! I wonder if that's why I have (a lot) less acne since I started using this, the old wipes just weren't moving all of my makeup.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2013 1:18:00 PM More reviews by yoyocanary

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my favorite product to remove my makeup. I've also used it to cleanse my face at night, and I really love it. Sometimes I'll use a cleanser afterward, and sometimes I just use a tissue to wipe this off my face --- either way it gets rid of all my makeup, and my skin feel soft and moisturized. It has never caused me any skin issues, and it helps a lot with my dry skin. It also makes my face smell good! If you're not into fragrance anywhere near your face, avoid all Ponds products. I would recommend this to other people, and I do all the time. I repurchase all the time. I will not be without it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2013 1:05:00 PM More reviews by krossindixon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Never used this stuff because it was so "common" if that makes sense. So available. I liked to try new and hyped up products. But after being in healthcare for 10 years and asking each patient with skin that looked 20 years younger than it should what her secret was, this was always the answer. Seriously. I would expect one of three answers: ponds cold cream, Vaseline, or Olay beauty lotion. Never failed. I'm hooked on it now. I want to have 30 year old skin when I'm 50, so here goes. Great for removing makeup and moisturizing. Apply it, leave it on, remove with warm wash cloth. Awesome skin, removes all traces of eye makeup and doesn't tug on skin the way soap does. Doesn't dry me out. Cheap. My only issue is the packaging. Wish I didn't have to dip my fingers in it each time,but I'm thinking of transplanting it into a pump so that will solve that minor issue.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2013 8:20:00 PM More reviews by dottixo

Words cannot describe how much I love this stuff :) I found a jar of this in one of my mom's bathroom drawers about a year ago. I had no idea what it was, but I put it on my face anyway (I know I know, how stupid of me) It took off all of my makeup and my face did feel clean. I was sold after that. I repurchased this a million times because I do use it every day. I take my makeup off with is and then wash my face with my cleanser. When i'm lazy, I just use this to take of my makeup and skip the cleanser part. One thing I will say about is that it does leave an oily film if you don't wash your face with cleanser afterwards, but i don't really care about that because I only use it night. This is a great product and it won't hurt to try it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2013 5:58:00 PM More reviews by erinpeace

I recently have gotten two small sunburns on my cheek and when it healed, it turned brown and it was a dead skin patch on my face. Also my face needed some moisture because I was peeling. I needed something to moisturize my face and help reduce it. I found this product at the store and I was intrigued by the packaging and decided to give it a try. I came home and followed the steps on the jar, and after I washed my face, my face felt great and refreshed. The dead skin patch peeled off easy and did not do any damage to my skin. I would use this every night now. Since I just recently bought it, I haven't tried it as a make-up remover yet, and I wear waterproof mascara, but based on all the reviews about being a make-up remover, I'm going to try it out soon and I expect great things from this wonderful cleanser. In my opinion, I would recommend this product to any skin type. I was very happy with the results and I will for sure be buying more in the future.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2013 11:35:00 AM More reviews by NotRichEnough

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Now that my skin is older (mid 40's) I can use this product without fear of breaking out. It does have mineral oil, which is definitely not something you want to use if you have oily skin or are prone to breakouts. It removes my makeup better than anything I've used lately and leaves my skin felling soft. You do have to wipe the product off with a tissue or a warm wet washcloth - when I tried rinsing it off with water not only was it difficult to get all the product off, it didn't take off my makeup either.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2013 4:52:00 PM More reviews by caro21990

I always used other different types of make-up removers including face wipes and make-up solution. But once I found this I haven't looked back. Its takes off everything, including my water-proof mascara! I have oily, acne-prone skin, and this never has broken me out, not once. It is so inexpensive, the biggest jar cost I say max of $7, but it last for at least 3 months. Its greats in the summer or winter time. LOVE PONDS <3

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2013 12:09:00 AM More reviews by Purplegal

This is s staple for me. It is an Excellent eye makeup remover! Hydrates the delicate skin around my eyes & takes off the most stubborn mascara. I don't use it on my face, because I'm scared it will cause pimples.

My only complaint is the packaging. I wish it was in a tube or pump. The tub is not hygienic.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2013 9:02:00 PM More reviews by pecantan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

excellent makeup remover! i was so tired of buying wipes that would constantly dry out. i went to Ulta and asked for a good makeup remover suggestion other than wipes and this was recommended. being that i do use this in conjuction with wipes..i can now utilize my packets of wipes that have dried out. i just rub the ponds all over my face and then wet a wipe with warm water and wipe all of my makeup off. it comes off so much easier than when i used wipes alone...takes me half the time. just make sure to wash your face with face wash afterwards to remove the greasy residue.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No