July 25, 2014 | 1901 users online

Cleansers - Ponds - Deep Cleanser Cold Cream

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2013 9:11:00 PM More reviews by cathyz123

i did really like this cold cream because it removes my makeup completely. only flaw is that it leaves a slightly oily residue so you have to use water and a cloth to completely clean your face. i wouldn't repurchase because i'm using bioderma now but it's a great product for such a great price

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2013 8:57:00 PM More reviews by AMANDAT89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Before I bought this cold cream, I used to only use makeup remover wipes to take my makeup off. I would have to use at least two wipes each time and it still wouldn't take all the makeup off completely.
With this cold cream, you don't have to use a lot of product to get the makeup off your face. I take a little bit and distribute it on my forehead, cheeks and chin. After working the product into my skin, I rub some onto my eyes to help remove my eye makeup. once the product is on my face and worked in, I grab a baby wipe or makeup remover wipe and remove it. The results are GREAT!
I can honestly say that since I've started using this product I feel that my skin has improved. Probably because it's moisturizing and it helps remove a good amount of makeup off my face. It smells like a cucumber face peel that my mom used to use, but I cant remember the brand. try this stuff out!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2013 8:30:00 PM More reviews by kaq009

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great and inexpensive makeup remover that doesn't dry out your skin. I love that it removes waterproof makeup just as well as non-waterproof makeup. No need to rub vigorously to remove waterproof eyeliner and mascara. It also feels very luxurious on your skin. I put three stripes of this on my face - one on my forehead and each cheek then start massaging it throughout my face then wipe it off with a baby wipe. Then I go back and do my eye area and again wipe it off with the same baby wipe. The only thing I don't like about this product is the packaging - I wish it came in a tube or a pump. I find the jar so unhygienic but I'm willing to look past it because I truly love this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2013 9:15:00 AM More reviews by blacksheep6293

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Ahh Ponds. I used to use their moisturisers (tinted, day and night moisturiser) until the majority ofthe brand was didiscontinued in Australia for reasons unknown and I had to find a replacement (enter Dove TM)..

Anyway I spotted discounted tubs, 99g of product at about $4.99 a jar, had a nostalgic flashback and purchased a jar.
It has since been sitting in my bathroom for a month being unused, however I decided to use it about 2 weeks ago.
Now cold cream is a makeup remover essentially for me. It does state that it is a cleanser but it leaves a film onthe skin that usually requires a toner or a seperate face wash to rremove.

It does remove all traces of my makeup, including waterproof mascara and eyeliner as well as ELDW. My skin is left smooth, makeup and dirt free as well as fresh.

The ingredients may definitely not appeal to a lot of people as the first ingredient is mineral oil, but this is not a cream to be used as a moisturiser. It is meant to be rubbed into the face to dissolve makeup and then removed, so in effectit is very effective and claims what it describes.

All in all I can understand why this has been a staple product in many women's skincare regimes throughout the decades and I will continue to repurchase. I find mine at Discount Chemist Warehouse in Australia.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2013 11:53:00 PM More reviews by happyninja

I have sensitive combination skin - I have a very oil tzone while the rest of my face gets so dry that it flakes at times. Most make up removers I bought in the past would either leave me with a burning/stinging sensation or wouldn't remove everything. I was really surprised at how well this cream worked. It doesn't irritate my skin at all and it even gets rid of stubborn waterproof gel eyeliners and mascaras. The cleanser doesn't cause my skin to feel tight or too greasy and it doesn't burn my eyes like some other brands do.
There are two downsides to this product though. The first is that the cream feels heavy and leaves behind a film even after I wipe it off a couple times. It's not a big deal though since I usually use a facial cleanser before bed. The other negative thing is the packaging. I wish it came in a pump bottle or squeeze tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2013 10:47:00 PM More reviews by lipstickinpink

I adore this product. I bought this for roughly $10 (australian $)

This removes everything! It just melts the makeup off. Whilst still leaving your face soft and moisturised.

I've thrown out all my other makeup removes - cause nothing can beat this!

I Highly recommend!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2013 8:01:00 PM More reviews by sssteeef

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really and truly love this product, its probably the one product i find myself constantly going back to. It removes every trace of makeup on my skin, works almost like a cleansing balm as it melts your makeup off. It also removes waterproof mascara and makes removing eyelashes really easy

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2013 5:00:00 AM More reviews by Linch

Excellent product so far!

I don't usually write reviews so here goes.. You can skip to the end to hear the actual review of the product.

I don't know how to explain what a great product it is when everyone already has. I'll just give my story. Which you all have probably heard before.

I have dry skin which tends to get a little oily and flakey. I have little dry flakey patches here and there but I don't break out much (Which i am very grateful for). I must mention that i am terrible about washing my make up off before i go to bed. I've tried tons of products for my skin such as facial cleansers, moisturizers, primers, serums, exlirs and they all do not work. I've changed up my foundation and face lotion. I've purchased a Mia in hopes to exfoliate the dry skin away which didn't work well so I was never faithful with it. I mean they all worked for the time being because it was something new and it covered up my problem but it never helped or fixed it. No matter how expensive or great a product is if you don't like it, you will not use it. Simple as that.

I came across this product one day when I was at my brothers place and I saw a little jar in the bathroom. It was his girlfriends but I figured she wouldn't mind if i used it because we're close and she always recommends stuff to me. So I tried it out and it worked like a charm.

I smoothed the product all over my face, used a wet paper towel to rinse it and all my make up came right off. Right after I would pat my face dry. I continued to do that 2-3 more times through out a few weeks which wasn't much but I did notice I used it whenever I was at my brothers house. I then realized that I really liked the product and had to get one of my own, & of course I was in search of a another moisturizer. I've been using it for about 3 days now and I do notice a significant difference in my skin but I use the ponds dry skin cream right after to keep it moisturized. It has reduced my redness and made it so much smoother, my skin no longer dries out and it looks amazing. It's absolutely something that I've been hoping to find and I found it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2013 10:52:00 AM More reviews by Leslie29

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

A great product in so many ways.

I started out using this as a body mask in the shower......slather on and liightly rince off.
It leaves your skin soft and smooth, and i only apply further moisturizer during the cold dry winter.

I have combo facial skin (oily t zone, and painfully dry red cheeks). I had tried OCM for a while, and while my cheeks liked it, my nose broke out in a bubbly pink congested mess.
Was reluctant to try the ponds on my face, thinking the moisture would be too much for my greasy t zone....but, emboldened by the good reviews on makeupalley, I tried any way.

And holy cow. After I dried off, my face was clean, soft and smooth. For weks I was waiting for the congested cyst to pop up in protest n my nose or forehead, but it never happened.
After 3 months, the redness in my cheeks has evened out, and the oily/dry thing I had going has seemed to balance itself out.

As other reviewers have advised, I smooth it on, and remove it with a damp wash cloth. This does exactly what a good cleanser should do.... it cleans without stripping every last vestage of moisture from your skin.

I paid $6.99 (canadian$ ) at Walmart, where it's often a BOGO. So, very cost effective as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2013 10:17:00 AM More reviews by Jevans714

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

this is an oldie but goodie! i been using this since i was 12 because my mom uses it too and shes been using it since she was young so this stuff goes way back! i love this esp for those nights when your to lazy to do a full face wash ponds does the trick. for $5 get yourself a jar its worth it :) and it lasts a very long time i just ran out after having mine for 6 months!! i save the cute jar when i use mine up for makeup brushes and jewelry etc.