September 19, 2014 | 1796 users online

Fragrances - Philosophy - Baby Grace

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2004 10:07:00 PM More reviews by fragrance_fanatic

This is for Baby Grace (alc. version)

I finally received this today after ordering it unsniffed from Philosophy. I was looking for a unique soft baby fresh type of smell. Well, it doesn't really smell like a baby or like baby powder or wipes at all. What it does remind me of is what a daycare nursery or a pediatrician's office would smell like. I do have to say that the smell is extremely unique and unlike any fragrance at all that I've come across. Not even similar to anything I've ever smelled. I can't even classify it as a floral, foody, spicy, woody or anything. It is on the "clean" side though. The best I can describe it is a mixture of:
grape, poppy, plastic, soap, honeysuckle, and another floral note like freesia or mimosa. Strong from the bottle and strong when you first put it on. But unfortunately doesn't last. Dry-down is a little better because it softens out.
Not the greatest scent, but not bad either. I like it "okay" enough to keep it and not send it back. It seems like a scent that could grow on you. Comforting, light and probably a good one to wear to bed as well.

The End :o)

Update/edit 12-16-04
I have to raise this all the way up to 5 lippies. This one has grown on me like wildfire. I think it's my new HG clean scent. Not your basic clean, but this is so very unique. A friend thinks it smells like PEZ candy and soap. It has a certain sweetness and plastic that's addicting. I feel like an innocent playful little girl when I wear this. Very, very comforting and fresh too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2004 11:49:00 PM More reviews by atomic_girl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've never wanted to smell like a baby. and I hate the smell of baby powder. As a result, I was reluctant to try this one. I received this as a sample when I ordered some decants from Ebay, and was pleasantly surprised! Happily, this smells nothing like baby powder. Instead, it's a light, fresh, clean floral that is a delight to wear.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2004 10:19:00 PM More reviews by bablondie25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I will buy this again and again. I have the lotion, the non-alcoholic spray, I want the cologne, and I have the solid. I use sparingly, b/c I'm afraid I'll run out! It smells good and fresh to me, I hate regular perfumes, I hate florals. So this is good for me, no one has ever complimented me on it tho, so maybe it's not to other people's liking, maybe I just smell like I got fresh laundry. My hubby is the only one who compliments me on it, it is very, very light, of course I wish it were a bit stronger, but it's great anyway. Love it.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/27/2004 1:40:00 PM More reviews by yahgler

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was really excited to try this because I love the smell of baby powder, but I thought this smelled like baby aspirin/children's grape cough syrup. Maybe it would have smelled better on, but I ordered it online and didn't want to risk not being able to send it back. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2004 12:37:00 PM More reviews by sgriffin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just bought this and I adore it! It's subtle, floral (on me anyhow) and sweet. I feel feminine when I am wearing it and know I will get a lot of use out of it. Spray perfume can be so strong, I like the idea of a solid that is less heavy, for lighter occasions, like a date, perhaps!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2004 1:47:00 AM More reviews by perpetuallycute

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in the perfume solid, and I love it. It smells like pepper to me

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2004 4:21:00 PM More reviews by Inez

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the baby grace.
I have the no-alcohol version, and I seem one of the few persons, on whom this lasts. Really, it lasts all day on me.

It is very fresh and tender. I smell anise in it, but I didn't see it on the official notes list.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2004 10:46:00 PM More reviews by Julesbait

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My mom got Baby Grace in a set of 3 from QVC with Amazing Grace and Pure Grace. She didn't like Baby, so she gave it to me. (Gee, thanks mom. lol!) The first time I tried it, I hated it. I was used to florals, and this is anything but. But the longer I wore it, the more I liked it. It's reminiscent of baby powder, but with a feminine edge. It's goes on rather strong, but mellows out after application. It's a very clean scent, perfect for every day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2004 9:35:00 AM More reviews by AmyBianca

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a feminine baby powder scent. I't very nice and not overpowering. I would repurchase it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2004 9:14:00 AM More reviews by valeriein

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is much better than Pure Grace. It has a soft pretty smell, not overpowering at all. Love it.