The Body Shop Body Butter - Cocoa Butter

4.2

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water (Solvent/Diluent), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil (Emollient/Skin Conditioner), Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Butter (Emollient), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) (Emollient), Glycerin (Humectant), Cyclopentasiloxane (Emollient), Glyceryl Stearate (Emulsifier), PEG-100 Stearate (Surfactant), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Lanolin Alcohol (Stabiliser/Emollient), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Fragrance (Fragrance), MethylPARABEN (Preservative), PropylPARABEN (Preservative), Xanthan Gum (Viscosity Modifier), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Caramel (Colour), Yellow 5 (Colour)

on 2/9/2006 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Out of all the butters I have tried this is the best I've used. I'm on my 2nd tub in under 2 months! I can't stop using it and my skin has never been so happy and pampered. My skin literally *drinks* this body butter.

It comes in a generous sized tub with an easy to open lid, unless you have butter on your hands then it can be a little tricky :). It smells like yummy, yummy cocoa and the texture is very much like, you've guessed it... butter. It goes on almost sensuously and is quickly absorbed into the skin leaving it instantly soft, supple, sexy and moisturized.

I like to apply it just after a warm shower, taking my time to make sure that every inch of my skin gets to benefit. I find that the smell is really calming and makes me feel relaxed and happy. I think that this is a product that I never want to be without. Highly recommend for those with dry to very dry skin but people with normal skin can benefit as well as it is not too heavy.

I'm now on my second tub. They last a while, but my first did separate after a few months. I think this is the only one marked for *very* dry skin, and boy, do I need it. I've actually heard news reports telling us that indoor humidity is low here this winter, and my legs suffer. I slather this on after shaving, go through a full workout at the gym, shower, and can still feel it.

on 2/6/2006 1:01:00 AM

This is the absolute best product on earth. If you own lotions-throw them all away today (or swap them) and go buy The body shop's Body Butter, either cocoa butter or Shea butter. They are so wonderful that no other body butter will match up. Next time your at the mall, be sure to check it out.

on 2/4/2006 1:17:00 PM

Wonderful product. I love to use this on the weekend after a shower; I smooth it on and put on sweats and let it soak in. Smells great!

on 1/16/2006 4:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Another great find at TBS. Smells amazing and lasts all day long. You only need a little bit to moisturize your whole body. Wouldn't recommend for day (unless you are seriously ashy) but works wonderful at night after a long, hot bath.

on 12/31/2005 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I love this! Its really helped my excema. It sinks into the skin so easily and Im left with smooth hydrated skin all day. Only thing Im not keen on is the price. 10 a tub is very expensive! Its still my HG body moisturiser.

on 11/19/2005 9:53:00 AM

I have used a few of the body butters (Papaya & Nut), but this one works the best. I love it, especially on my legs after shaving! It just makes your legs look like you used a bit of body oil and I find it never irritates my just shaved legs. Plus it's great for dry cracked elbows or dry hands. I will be using this product all winter long, but I do think it may be a bit too heavy/oily for the summer.
The smell is just yummy. It's a very warm smell and comforting. A bit of vanilla, chocolate and shea butter + cocoa. It's a bit expensive I found, but a lot goes a long way and if you don't use it everyday you should have some left in a year. I find my skin is a lot softer since using this, and the moisture lasts and lasts. Even the next night when I shower my skin is still soft and for some reason it seems more firm.
UPDATE: This is great to use after a sunburn as it prevents peeling and soothes/calms skin! In the summer it tends to make skin a bit sticky and clammy but I swear by this in the dead of winter!

on 11/13/2005 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Mmmmmmm...YUM. I love the smell of this. It's a mix of chocolate and vanilla, so warm, sweet and innocent. It's a good moisturizer, but I don't think it's too special. I just buy it cuz it smells so yummy. It must've grown on me. When I first smelled it, I thought it was disgusting.

A little greasy, yes, but if that's what it takes to moisturize my super dry skin then let it be. And it smells very good, but you can get a lot of other cocoa butter products for very cheap.. but I'm sure this one is much better.

i really liked the smell of this body butter i didnt think it was very strong but i made the mistake of putting it all over my body before bed .. big mistake ! it was so sweet and suffocating ! i also find it WAY to oily for my skin but thats probably beacuse i dont have dry skin .its also quite expensive $29.50 NZD i got it with discount because i work there but i wouldnt repurchase

Top Rated The Body Shop Products