April 17, 2014 | 1827 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Body Butter - Cocoa Butter

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2006 1:01:00 AM More reviews by clalmli

This is the absolute best product on earth. If you own lotions-throw them all away today (or swap them) and go buy The body shop's Body Butter, either cocoa butter or Shea butter. They are so wonderful that no other body butter will match up. Next time your at the mall, be sure to check it out.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2006 1:17:00 PM More reviews by debbsterina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wonderful product. I love to use this on the weekend after a shower; I smooth it on and put on sweats and let it soak in. Smells great!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2006 4:11:00 PM More reviews by Journey03

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Another great find at TBS. Smells amazing and lasts all day long. You only need a little bit to moisturize your whole body. Wouldn't recommend for day (unless you are seriously ashy) but works wonderful at night after a long, hot bath.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2005 1:57:00 PM More reviews by cainapieries

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this! Its really helped my excema. It sinks into the skin so easily and Im left with smooth hydrated skin all day. Only thing Im not keen on is the price. 10 a tub is very expensive! Its still my HG body moisturiser.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2005 9:53:00 AM More reviews by Fridgie

I have used a few of the body butters (Papaya & Nut), but this one works the best. I love it, especially on my legs after shaving! It just makes your legs look like you used a bit of body oil and I find it never irritates my just shaved legs. Plus it's great for dry cracked elbows or dry hands. I will be using this product all winter long, but I do think it may be a bit too heavy/oily for the summer.
The smell is just yummy. It's a very warm smell and comforting. A bit of vanilla, chocolate and shea butter + cocoa. It's a bit expensive I found, but a lot goes a long way and if you don't use it everyday you should have some left in a year. I find my skin is a lot softer since using this, and the moisture lasts and lasts. Even the next night when I shower my skin is still soft and for some reason it seems more firm.
UPDATE: This is great to use after a sunburn as it prevents peeling and soothes/calms skin! In the summer it tends to make skin a bit sticky and clammy but I swear by this in the dead of winter!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2005 6:24:00 PM More reviews by frisk0babe

Mmmmmmm...YUM. I love the smell of this. It's a mix of chocolate and vanilla, so warm, sweet and innocent. It's a good moisturizer, but I don't think it's too special. I just buy it cuz it smells so yummy. It must've grown on me. When I first smelled it, I thought it was disgusting.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2005 1:48:00 AM More reviews by ceciliathemuppet

A little greasy, yes, but if that's what it takes to moisturize my super dry skin then let it be. And it smells very good, but you can get a lot of other cocoa butter products for very cheap.. but I'm sure this one is much better.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2005 4:27:00 AM More reviews by perfectly_pink

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i really liked the smell of this body butter i didnt think it was very strong but i made the mistake of putting it all over my body before bed .. big mistake ! it was so sweet and suffocating ! i also find it WAY to oily for my skin but thats probably beacuse i dont have dry skin .its also quite expensive $29.50 NZD i got it with discount because i work there but i wouldnt repurchase

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2005 11:18:00 PM More reviews by SunsetRodeo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Mmmmm...yum. This stuff smells soooo good, especially after it's "settled" into your skin & that faint cocoa butter scent is left behind. Moisturizes wonderfully & keeps my hands that way even after repeated washings. Not too greasy or waxy either. Nice handy tub that I dont mind dipping my fingers into. Knocked a lipstick off for the price, but overall, nice stuff. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2005 9:35:00 AM More reviews by pixielu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I thought this was pretty nice. It's very moisturing, and the cream is easily absorbed. I quite liked the scent, but sometimes it was a bit overpowering. However it's a great body lotion, and if you like the smell of cocoa butter, I would highly recommend!