August 1, 2014 | 938 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Bare Minerals ALL

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2013 5:10:00 PM More reviews by Funnygiraffe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Let me explain a little about myself:

I'm half Brazilian and half Israeli. My skin is very dry from retin-a but was combination skin before that. I have olive skin with very yellow undertones and have found three foundations that matched my skin tone. Nars sheer glow (I'm Stromboli in the summer and a mix of Stromboli and ceylan in the winter), MUFE HD mix #117 and 123 in winter and I am 123 in the summer and bare minerals, light in winter and golden medium in the summer. The reason I started using BE was because of the color match. When I first started using it I HATED it, so I looked for foundation comparisons and while I tried to get over the chalky powdery look that clung to dry patches, I found mufe hd foundation and while that matched me well and it was liquid (which is what I always used), it broke me out with every use. Then I tried Nars. Love nars, but the staying power isn't all there. Then I heard about using mineral foundation with a mixing medium or with Mac fix +. Oh did things change. Now, I put on my concealer, spray my ELF powder brush (über cheap and better than the full flawless face brush IMO) with Mac fix + (or even a mix of glycerin and water will do look up enkore on YouTube for a good ratio) and swirl tap and buff gently. Don't spray too much or it'll get goopy. Then I repeat and finish with ELF HD translucent powder ($6ish I think) or any other finishing powder; I also like Ben nye banana powder (I used to use the mineral veil but that was doing NOTHING for me). After I'm done I spray my face with Skindinavia setting spray. I cannot sing enough praises for skindinavia as it takes away the powdery look and helps the BE stay on all day! You can also spray Mac fix but it won't help keep your makeup on all day, it'll just get rid of the powdery look. Hope that helps!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2013 11:26:00 AM More reviews by saranov

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Bare Minerals is definitely a product that you either love or hate. I happen to love it. It just works for my skin. It doesn't clog my pores or give me zits (yes!!). It does take a couple of times to get the technique down, but once you do...wow! My skin looks flawless! It seems like it looks even better after a couple hours of wear. I've read that the Bismuth Oxychloride that's used in it can be an irritant to some people, but I've not had any problems with any type of irritation. If you have extremely sensitive skin, you may want to try it out before committing to buying it.

I bought the Get Started kit online from Sephora (it was $62 for a full size brush, a compact brush, a .5oz tube of primer, a concealer brush, the foundation, mineral veil, and warmth). It's a bit pricey, but the package is still a really good deal considering all the items you get. I wear Fair, and it is a perfect match. The Warmth adds just a touch of really natural-looking color as well (if you're fair like me, use very little or else it'll be way too dark). The mineral veil is glorious; sometimes I just wear it by itself. Bare Minerals is definitely an HG product for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2013 2:09:00 AM More reviews by CG1981

I know there are many mixed reviews on this but i have no problems with it. It is often my lifesaver on super quick mornings. I have this in Golden Medium (NC30-35). I also have Pur Minerals which is pressed mineral foundation that tends to be quicker and less cakey with a much more natural look. This gives a more glowy look. I dont get any irritations or breakouts from it. Application sometimes needs some assistance, this can have a tendency to stick to dry skin or get into eye creases, but with a little work its worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2013 1:52:00 PM More reviews by rmarr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I first purchased this makeup, I hated it. But, after it sat in my makeup drawer for a while, I decided to give it another shot. I think the trick is finding the best way to apply it. I started using the BE primer before the foundation and now I love this makeup. I get compliments on my skin all the time. It goes on so smooth and doesn't make you look overdone. A little goes a long way, if you use too much you'll look like a freak. Finding that balance is key.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2013 10:54:00 AM More reviews by lisa_thejack

This is a good product. It applies easily with a brush so there's no need to pull and lift your skin like you would with a liquid foundation and it doesn't dry like powder. It stays on nicely and provides medium coverage, which is very natural but less is more with this product so it's important not to overdo. Would definitely buy again.
UPDATE - been using it for a month now and I love this product more and more. It's just so natural, lightweight and gives perfect colour all day.
UPDATE 2 - tried the veil in summer and doesn't work for me. It's just like any other face powder, nowhere near as good as the original minerals, which I'll use forever!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/3/2013 6:45:00 PM More reviews by Emilyrogerson44

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have used the fairy light foundation for a few weeks and it is awful. The makeup clings to any imperfection such as open pores and lines with a horrible cheap cakey look, I definitely wouldn't recommend this product, I went back to the lady from bare essentials in the department store from which I bought this product and she advised me to buff the product more into my skin, this made no difference to the rubbish coverage it didn't cover my redness at all, this product also brought me out in spots which I never get and made my sensitive skin itchy DO NOT BUY THIS!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2012 11:43:00 PM More reviews by Julesbait

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wish that where we select "Would you buy this product again?", that "oh HELLLLLL no!!!" was an option.

After all the infomercials and all the presentations on QVC, I caved and bought one of the sampler sets from QVC that included the foundation, mineral veil, and bronzer. With glee and zest, I cracked that puppy open and swirled, tapped, and buffed my way to an itchy, sparkly face. But it looked ok. At first. Just ok. So I ignored the itch.

Fast forward 2 hours. I'm at work. I take a bathroom break. Do my thing and wash my hands. As I'm washing, I look at myself in the mrror.

W.T.F?!?!?!?!?!

Now, I have large pores and crazy oily skin. Oily breakthrough early in the day is nothing new and not surprising. But this....this was just....not right. This was not just a shiny nose. You could see a drop of oil pooled in every. single. pore. on my nose, and a few on my face. My face was polka-dotted with oil spots. I had never seen anything like this in my life, and it was pretty disgusting.

I blotted and touched up. Same thing happened a couple of hours later.

At the end of the day, I scrubbed the hell out of my face, repackaged the whole thing, and made my way posthaste to the post office to return the whole mess to QVC.

By far and away, the worst foundation I've ever used.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2012 8:13:00 PM More reviews by Leaahh107

It seems like people either love or hate this product. I started using it about a month ago, and since I never used loose powder before it took me a while to figure out exactly how to apply it for my liking. At first, like many others, I thought it was crap. It looked powdery or cakey and I was very disappointed. But I kept using it anyways because I had so much left of it, and it was pretty expensive. I then learned later that to get the full benefits of this makeup you have to apply it in a very specific way! Now, I clean my face well, put moisturizer or primer on, and then use a small amount of the concealer buffed onto my face with a good quality soft brush. For me, that works flawlessly, and looks perfect on my skin! Now it looks clear, healthy, natural, soft and smooth. And it feels very light!

The coverage is buildible, and you can use however much you want. But when you use too much, then it does get cakey.I think the problem is a lot of people are looking for a whole new set of skin when they put on foundation. If you are one of those people, then this product is not for you. It covers all your little flaws and blemishes but still looks so natural, which is why I love it so much. The whole point of this makeup is to cover up your issues, while looking like you're NOT wearing makeup! Also, as for the "You can sleep in it!" quote, just because you could sleep in something, doesn't mean you should. Always wash makeup off your face before going to sleep.

Another thing people seem to dislike is the lid that turns to open or close. But I love that! I like pouring the powder into the lid and seeing exactly how much makeup is going onto my face.

I love this makeup! It took a little while to figure out, but now I would never turn back to any other foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2012 9:28:00 PM More reviews by cawhitern

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

For me, this is the HG of makeup. I've been using Bare Minerals for 15+ years and as I've said before, this makeup changed my life. I had always had really horrible skin: acne-prone, acne scars, oily and sensitive. I always had to reapply my makeup mid-day due to shine. NO MORE! This makeup lasts all day and my skin looks fabulous. It feels great, like I'm not wearing makeup. Mineral Veil is miraculous!Bare Minerals needs to be applied as directed to acheive the best results so I highly recommend a trip to one of their boutiques to have a pro show you how to apply if you're new to this makeup, You also need to use the correct brush to apply any mineral makeup. I also use the Bare Minerals brow kits and the eye shadows. All of it lasts forever because you use so little. I will never use anything else!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/24/2012 3:30:00 PM More reviews by srussel9498

I have read so many wonderful reviews about this product yet I hated this foundation. This really makes my pores stand out and the finish is terrible. My cousin tried this foundation and hated it too. I will stick with Tarte!