Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals ALL

2.9

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 12.6%, Zinc Oxide 21%. Inactive Ingredients: Bismuth Oxychloride, Mica, Iron Oxides, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide

on 4/14/2013 6:40:00 PM

I used to use this product years ago and loved how natural my skin looked. It even covered up my acne scars. Well about a year ago I decided to get it again but got the matte version. That was a mistake, my skin felt oily and didnt cover anything. Im so dissapointed.

on 4/14/2013 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I'm a NC30.. Reading many reviews on the net I decided to purchase "Medium beige" as have other NC30's have. However, wearing it I found out it had a pinky tinge to it. It DID match, disregarding the pinkness, when I first put it onto my face however throughout the day it oxidized and made my face darker O_O. I like the product, I'm not sure how my skin has reacted to it yet but let's see...(I am still recovering from my Missha break out). It goes on smoothly onto the skin and feels ultra soft. I love how it looks I got complimented on my skin the first day I wore it. I think I will try it again in Golden Medium. The only problem I had was the packaging itself. I'm impatient and the little sifter which disperses the product has to be shaken to get enough product. Once it's out of the tub it's not going back. =(

Meh. As much as I like foundations I found that the coverage wasn't good on this foundation and didn't really cover certain spots.

on 4/1/2013 1:38:00 AM

This product does not provide good coverage at all. It settles into pores and lines and doesn't cover up any flaws. I think most drug store powders do a better job than this does. After one use I decided to take it back to the store and get a refund.

on 3/17/2013 9:13:00 AM

So first off I was "highly recommend" this product. At first I was using a lot of acne regime so it made my skin dry. I moisturizer more and it helped. The makeup didnt feel heavy on my skin, it for once felt like my pores could breathe. Suddenly 2 weeks in I notice breakouts. Maybe it's just me because I have been working out, but always worked out with other makes ups and it didn't break me out as bad. Mineral makeup is okay but annoying. Not sure how I feel about this product.

on 3/17/2013 12:19:00 AM

This product makes the pores on your face look HUGE. But the worst thing about this product is that it contains Bismuth Oxychloride, which causes cystic acne. I can't believe the manufacturer advertises it as "good for your skin". That's rubbish.

on 3/14/2013 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Somehow oil slick inducing to my dry skin?
I didn't even know that was possible.
Returned it to sephora after one use.
I gave it two lipsticks because I've heard that people with oily skin show age at a slower rate. I hope the one day of me wearing this buttery powder (again, how is that possible?) helped to keep me younger looking....jk

on 3/1/2013 12:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I bought this and applied in with an angled powder brush to get the best coverage. It went on okay but as someone with oily skin, it is NOT the foundation for me. My skin looked extremely oily right after I put it on and throughout the day even after blotting. I have not tried the matte version, but this is NOT for oily skin!! I will go back to Aveda face powder which is my HG face powder.

on 2/28/2013 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Okay. I have registered JUST so that I can provide you with this review. I was going to write one last night after I received this Get Started Kit and was going to write an amazing review. However, it's amazing what a difference just one day can make!
After gushing and squealing in delight I applied Bare Minerals for the first time yesterday. I followed the motions by the book, using minimal foundation and building up layers. It seemed great and I left it on all evening to see how long it held out. It seemed okay and coverage was achievable.
This morning I decided to try it out for a day at Uni. It firstly took a long time to apply going through the motions and takes awhile to achieve the 3-4 layers that it takes to cover up my mild acne scarring. Okay, to the point, an AWFUL product. When you first apply the makeup it seems great and you even look a little sparkly (as though you had glitter on or something). However, for busy, working everyday women this is a terrible product. The most distinct failing I would like to point out is the UTTERLY DISGUSTING taste of copper/metal/powder in your mouth/nose. All day at Uni today I have been dying to get home and wash that dirt off. Keep in mind I applied a sensible amount which was very little and STILL I experienced an awful smell. That is the largest issue I have and have now boxed the product away to be scrapped!

Quick summary:
PROS: Seems to work, coverage is achievable with layers, the PrimeTime primer is really silky, nice brushes.
CONS: DREADFUL TASTE in your mouth (I am not mad, I did not swallow any deliberately or put too much on, trust me), FAR TOO TIME CONSUMING, SMELLS distinctly, broke me out after just two uses, waste of money when there are MUCH better products on the market.

Ultimately girls, If something looks too good to be true, then it probably is! Stick to trusted Makeup brands that you know work well.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I used to use this stuff all the time when it first came out, it was all the rave, blah blah blah. I once wore it to work when I worked at Pizza Hut and I only worked a 5 hour shift, when my boyfriend came to pick me up he asked me why I looked so shiny. When I looked in the mirror, I was a greaseball and my coverage had literally melted away and looked super patchy. Ugh. I do like this as a finishing powder over my foundation, though. As for on it's own, it's terrible when it comes to lasting power and it really doesn't have great coverage. I have skin that's on the drier side, too, and that's why I'm so shocked as to hy this doesn't last long time.