Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals ALL

2.9

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 12.6%, Zinc Oxide 21%. Inactive Ingredients: Bismuth Oxychloride, Mica, Iron Oxides, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide

on 5/10/2013 9:27:00 AM

I have a love hate relationship with BE!
I used to use this in fairly light but it started looking chalky. I the used the primer and came out in cystic acne on my chin.
I have sinced worked out its the silicone that causes this. after liquid.foundation did the same.
I have been rematched to medium beige and changed to silicone free primer. I also use less and buff more. I m in love again! no more spots or chalkiness. It also mixes well with my moisturiser for summer.
I don t react to the bismuth at all.

on 5/7/2013 3:01:00 PM

I got a starter kit, which i love. The coverage is flawless, and their finishing powder gives a glow finishing touch, which I absolutely adore. However, their concealer is just really off, the shade is like 2-3 shades darker than the foundation, which I literally just threw it in garbage.

I've heard mixed review about bare minerals, which I gotta say, it's not for everyone. If you have oily skin, the minerals will not sit well; for dry skin put moisturizer and primer on. Also, this will not give you full coverage if you need a heavy makeup. This works great for teens who started make up or for daily casual use.

One thing i really hate about this product is, it really make a lot of mess, the powder is everywhere, and the amount of powder on a brush is difficult to control.

on 5/6/2013 2:57:00 PM

I used this a while back and really didn't like it! The packaging is great but the product was horrible for me. The only good thing is that it did not break me out in my experience and has ingredients in it that are supposed to be good for your skin.

The downside is it highlights enlarged pores, clings to dryness, and leaves oily skin shiny after only an hour of wear. I like this stuff for when my skin is behaving and I have no breakouts, but the reality is, it rarely behaves!

I will never buy again because it was very expensive for such poor coverage.

on 5/2/2013 11:40:00 PM

No matter how I apply this crap, it makes my face look horrible, all caked up. It has horrible lasting power. My boyfriend asked what was on my face--it looked textured!

Umm, NO!

Contains bismuth oxychloride which makes me want to scratch my make-up off. Also, there is no colour that looks natural on me (NC25-NC30); there is a wide range of shades but nothing close enough to mine.

on 4/29/2013 7:42:00 AM

I started using Bare Minerals when I was about 18 years old (six years ago), and this was the first foundation I used that did not clog my pores and cause break-outs. Previously, I only used the cheap liquid foundation from L'Oréal, Maybelline etc.

I was quite content with this product, but I found out that the original one has Bismuth Oxychloride. Also it made my pores look bigger after a while. I switched over to Matte (does not containt Bismuth Oxychloride) three years ago or something. Since I have a combination skin, I thought this could work fine for my oily t-zone. But the Matte is sometimes too dry (or my skin is too dry), so that it does not sit on my skin even if I apply a lot. So I have to use a primer under the mineral foundation in order to make it sit better. The packaging is great though!

I have been buying this for several years now, and you get a lot of product for the money. I have not tried any other mineral foundations, but I do not think that I will repurchase, because I want to find a Mineral foundation that is "cleaner" with fewer ingredients. Maybe I will go back to this one if I do not find anything that is better.

on 4/26/2013 5:22:00 PM

I have loved this product for over 10 years, specifically the original and matte foundations. I use fairly light and medium together, because of my pink undertones. Unfortunately, I can no longer use this. The foundation started to break out my skin last year, and more recently decided to sit in every fine line or pore that I have. It honestly ages you, even when using only a little bit. I was really bummed out about this, especially since I had no plans on changing. I tried the ready foundation next, and that was a big no for me.

I am now using cover fx , alternating between the cream and the pressed powder foundation, and loving it. It does not settle in the way BE started to do.

on 4/22/2013 1:25:00 PM

I was really excited to try the Bare Minerals line. I have some mild acne scarring/uneven skin tone and I was looking to switch from liquid foundation to a light, natural product that still gave me great coverage. I was disappointed in the level of coverage and after a couple hours my face looked shiny. After a week of use, I was breaking out. My face cleared up once I switched to another product. I think this would be a great choice for someone with a clear, even skin-tone that doesn't need much coverage and wants that light, natural look. I personally need something more substantial for my skin.

on 4/19/2013 5:16:00 PM

I realize this section is for all Bare minerals powders. So I will briefly review 2 different ones here.

Bare Minerals (Light)original foundation powder: I had such high hopes for this, I was entranced with all of the infomercials, and lusted after it for quite some time. I used it for about 2 years on and off, not everyday. It did not irritate my skin in any way, which is HUGE plus in my book. However, when applied it looked shiny, and that combined with my oily face turned into an oil slick in a short amount of time, maybe an hour or two. I have tried many foundations and while this one had all the makings of greatness, it failed miserably with oil control...I mean no other foundation or powder accentuated and amplified the grease/shine like this did for me.

Bare minerals (Light) Matte foundation powder: I rejoiced when this came out, I loved everything about the original except the shininess. I thought there was hope after all.But I digress, this formulation was entirely different, and not in a good way. The color range is different, almost more orange. It doesn't have a creamy quality about it like the original, it just sits on your skin and offers little blendability or coverage for that matter. Its just terrible. A good idea, but it needs some reformulation first.

on 4/17/2013 12:40:00 AM

maybe i'll have to get the matte version.

the original formula may be too greasy for me.

only about 2-3 hrs of wear, my face looked like a greaseball!!!!!!

horrible.

other foundations/ powders that i used, never caused this much oil on my skin. Ie laura mercier, sheer cover