July 24, 2014 | 1846 users online

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2010 4:40:00 PM More reviews by emmalaymla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I bought this when I was out of town and forgot to pack mascara. I think I got it in a 2 pack for 3.99$ So very cheap. Anyways, it really impressed me. It's not my HG, but it's wonderful for everyday use. It ranks in my top 3 mascaras for sure. I always keep a tube of this around. It out performs many products that cost 3 times as much. It does a good enough job of lifting and curling and I would recommend this to anyone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2010 10:42:00 PM More reviews by LuvsMakeup82

I think this is fine for every day use- it can be more thickening than my more expensive mascaras, that's for sure. It's not too much though, it's fine for every day since I don't always want super drama for the daytime. It does separate and to a degree does lengthen them. I will say I really appreciate the wand!! I love how the tip is more narrow- it makes it a lot easier to apply without bumping it on my lids and getting mascara in places I don't want it. It's really convenient for the bottom lashes too. I swear it depends on the day on how well it performs- sometimes my lashes look pretty and feathery after using it, other days I can't get it to go on as effectively. I got it in a double-pack from Walmart, so it was a pretty good deal. For everyday I wouldn't hesitate to use this since it was so inexpensive! Definitely decent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2010 10:40:00 PM More reviews by XoXoSinCity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I agree with many as this is a no fuss, simple, light mascara that is perfect for daytime. It is more of a wet tinted formula so your lashes won't be intense black or get buildable from this but for $2.99 what the hell, why wouldn't you give it a try lol or have it as a backup when you run out of your great mascara like I do. I really love the tube and brush and wish mascaras I use with great formulas had this packaging. SO again this is a no frills mascara that won't get you glam lashes like I love on my nights out but for a subtle look in daytime it is perfect and also use it as a base mascara when following with a better one for a night look. I really like the wet formula as it never clumps and leyers amazingly especially with a mascara primer. And atleast is doesn't clump like so many more expensive mascaras. Hard to believe at $2.99 this works so much better than many many other out there plus has ana amzing brush that gets to every lash! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2010 10:21:00 PM More reviews by cherokee_gurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Coarse Eyes: Black

Although I love Rimmel mascaras, this one was just ok. It really didn't do anything special. It didn't give me that thickness/volume I was looking for. The brush is okay, but it seemed like a regular old brush to me. I used it mostly as a basecoat for my lashes, as I usually apply a second coat of a different mascara. It's really not a bad mascara, I just found that it wasn't all that impressive, so when I'm done with the tube I have, I don't plan on repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2010 1:30:00 PM More reviews by chrissymyers

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

im a mascara freak, i just love mascara and eyeliner!
so i picked this up and i loveeee it, i was using another one buy rimmel called sexy curves and i liked it also but this one is great! deffinally will buy again!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2010 3:45:00 PM More reviews by Rustumbobbie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I picked up this mascara yesterday just wanting to try more mascaras and I tried it out today and it's AMAZING! firstly it's really cheap... I got it for $6? and I would buy this for $15! it lengths my lashes so much! and it increases the volume by a lot. I love this mascara and was definitely buy it again!! :D

it's been 8 months since I first bought this mascara and honestly I've found my favourite mascara ever! I buy this EVERY single time I need a new mascara and even if I buy I new one to try it out I always end up repurchasing
this one once again. I've gone through sooo many tubes of this mascara you wont believe it! I just LOVE it!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2010 11:17:00 AM More reviews by evarose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mascara is SO cheap and it performs better than all HE mascaras I've tried (which isn't too many because I realized quick the majority of them are a load of crap with a big price tag)... anyway! Rimmel usually sells these in a 2-packer for about 6 bucks I believe. Makes my lashes look long, natural, and very black. No clumps for me. Comparable to Clinique Naturally Glossy (only HE I like) Rimmel ESL is not too volumizing, but in my opinion it makes for a very natural look. I choose this mascara for day/casual makeup. Nighttime looks I'd do something with more pow-factor... like Prestige MBL :-)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2010 12:22:00 PM More reviews by hotAsFiya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I had to pick this mascara up after seeing some FOTD photos from a lovely MUAer whose lashes looked amazing and she thanked this mascara for it.
First of all, I was puzzled yet happy that this was only 2.99 when most, if not all other Rimmel mascaras are above the 5.99 mark. Loved the traditional brush since I'm not a huge of those prickly sticky sharp plastic wands that seem to have gained popularity over the past couple of years.
Now my thoughts about the mascara itself...well, the formula can be a tad drying. It can also clump if you attempt to apply several coats or if you try to brush over your lashes over and over, like I do. It does add amazing length but not so much volume. The black color in this is rather natural, not so dark as my L'oreal CArbon black, which can be a smudgy mess. This one hasn't smudged on me yet. This mascadra makes my lashes stand out while keeping them nice and clean and almost natural looking.
This mascara is very similar to my ex-beloved Max Factor 2000 calorie without the irritation. The MF started to irritate my eyes a whole lot last year, not sure if they changed the formula or what but it doesn't matter since it's been discontinued. I had also stopped purchasing it due to the irritation.
I am going to use up the one I just purchased and see how it goes...so far I think this is a repurchase and worth the 3 bucks!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2010 7:12:00 PM More reviews by nicole1484

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my go to mascara for a nice day/office look. It's super cheap (I got mine for .27 when i used a coupon! And that was off of the regular price at Target. .27!!!) and i never have any problems with flaking. It does take a bit longer to dry and I have to be a bit more careful when applying so i don't end up with it on my eyelids but other than that i have no complaints! Will continue to buy!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2010 4:49:00 PM More reviews by cherryblossomjen

I bought this because I needed mascara, and all my usual brands weren't on sale. This was quite the steal--less than $3 at Target--but despite that, I wouldn't repurchase. The wand gets overloaded with product, even when you scrape off excess on the bottle's rim. And while it does lengthen lashes, it doesn't provide any substantial volume.

In a makeup emergency (i.e. can't find anything else), I'll grab it and go. But it's not something to write home about.