August 21, 2014 | 1867 users online

Top/Base Coats - Sally Hansen - Mega Shine Top Coat

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2009 12:25:00 AM More reviews by MissDizzle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

really great for when you paint your nails one colour. if you do a french manicure it cause the color to bleed and you don't get the crisp white line.

i tend to paint my nails dark colors so the brush has dark paint all over it and the bottle is not longer clear. not really a problem since i almost always paint them dark but if you switch a lot between dark and light then you will definately since the tint on your nails.

has its limitations but makes nials ohhh so shinny

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2008 12:46:00 AM More reviews by MauraLynn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like how this product dries quickly, and gives my nails a nice glossy sheen. It also helps to strengthen my nails a bit.

Overall, it's a good product which lives up to its name. The only problem I've had with it is that I tend to apply too much of it accidentally. You really have to swipe it on the inside of the opening of the bottle for a little while to drain the polish, because if not, little drips and drops of polish will drip down from the stem of the brush while you apply it. Applying too much of this will also cause the it to peel after it has dried.

The brush is also a little too long for my taste, making the application of the polish a little challenging for my shaky hands. You can try cutting off a portion of the brush.

Overall, this is a safe product to stick with. It does it's job well, and there's no major flaw. I can live with the packinging flaws, and I think I'll continue using this until I find a better product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2008 3:01:00 PM More reviews by xjslx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i returned this after the first use... exchanged it with Revlon's clear top coat, which looks and works so much better.

God i hate this product... after i finished my white tips, i put a layer of this mega shine coat over... and it totally "melted" my white tips and streaked them over my nail... so now i have little lines coming out from my tips onto my bare nails. Looks hot.. not! horrible formula messes with the chemicals in the polish... don't buy, i think the packaging was what attracted me at first.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/25/2008 9:44:00 AM More reviews by Venuschampagne

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It did gives super shiny n glossy shine , dries under 60seconds, but it somehow made my nail polish peel off very soon after. I thought it's my nail color, but when i read about the reviews of some users, i'm afraid i have to agree... Of course, not all products will work for Everyone. u just gotta give it a try... :)

I think tis works great if u are in a hurry and not expecting yr nail color to last u days. it will do great as overnight top coat, definitely not if u want yr polish to last more than two days.

Go for the complete all in one if u keen to try any sally hansen product. It makes my nails last well and effect is similar to mega shine.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/29/2008 8:18:00 AM More reviews by Tango116

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've found that Sally Hansen stuff peels right off. The base coats peel right off clean, dry nails (literally 20 minutes later I had big pieces popping off) or on painted nails my color and top coat would pop off.
Terrible!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2008 12:22:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Dries quickly and gives a smooth glassy finish to my nails. Lately I've been using NYC's top coat because it's very good and only 99 cents, but this is even better. This is about $5 at Target.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2008 1:23:00 AM More reviews by punk_rock_grrrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow, what a piece of crap. On the one hand, it does a great job at drying my nail polish...a few minutes and I was out the door. But on the other hand, not even 12 hours later, my polish starting peeling in huge chunks (which so many other reviewers have also complained of). Maybe I got what I deserve...how dare I really expect one product to simultaneously speed dry and make my polish last 10 days? Truth be told, I would have settled for 3 days, but 12 hours? I've come to this obvious conclusion: what good is a quick drying manicure if it is peeling off less than a day later? I was going to give this product 2 lippies for its cheap pricetag and amazing drying abilities, but since I had to chuck it for peeling the same friggin day, no can do. One sad, lone lippie it is.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2008 10:44:00 AM More reviews by gandydancer

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

When I need fast drying, this is the top coat I turn to. It's incredibly quick, gives a good shine, and unlike many other reviewers I do not have an issue with chipping, but I almost never do, no matter what the product is. My nails are natural and always have been; I don't know if that makes a difference. I hate that I can't see how much is left. The packaging would be a lot better if there were a clear strip on the side, as with detergents, to show how much is left.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2008 7:45:00 PM More reviews by brittany23

this is real shiny, dries real quick, but still still chips my polish, but not as fast as other brands do.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/22/2008 6:35:00 PM More reviews by dollface_vixen

It gives a shiny effect and dries quickly relative to other top coats. I didn't notice how quickly it dried until I used a different top coat again. The wearability isn't that great though. But then again, literally everything chips on my nails. Might rebuy, although it's more likely that I won't.