April 17, 2014 | 1896 users online

Top/Base Coats - Sally Hansen - Mega Shine Top Coat

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2008 7:45:00 PM More reviews by brittany23

this is real shiny, dries real quick, but still still chips my polish, but not as fast as other brands do.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/22/2008 6:35:00 PM More reviews by dollface_vixen

It gives a shiny effect and dries quickly relative to other top coats. I didn't notice how quickly it dried until I used a different top coat again. The wearability isn't that great though. But then again, literally everything chips on my nails. Might rebuy, although it's more likely that I won't.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/14/2008 2:18:00 PM More reviews by jlee07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

THIS IS THE WORST NAIL POLISH EVERRR...

yes, i loved how it dried super fast, and left my nails super shiny.. but in less than a day, the nail polish peeled right off (since it binds all the layers, it took all the nail polish right off). I used it 3 times to give it a chance and everytime it lasted no more than 12 hours without peeling.. the claims are false.. it does not extend your manicure for at least 8 days, it reduces the life of your manicure! don't buy, waste of money and will ruin your manicure. I just hate that i spend so long doing my nails (with designs and stuff) to find that this stuff takes it right off in a day!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/26/2008 4:37:00 PM More reviews by sorinagrave

I don't see the point of this - ok it may give you some shine, but it will start peeling off immediately, together with nail polish, base coat, everything. The nail polish alone will last a lot longer without this. I might try it on my toenails one day, although I'm positive I will NEVER buy this again - it wasn't cheap either. I would have given it a zero if I could!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2008 3:45:00 PM More reviews by tuffins

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this topcoat, total HG for pedi's. This makes my toe polish last and keeps it mega shiny. I have never used this on my fingernails, so I cannot attest to that. I have had a bottle kickin' around for years, I remember losing it and thinking "where didi my GOOD topcoat go?". This can be a little thick to apply but I have learned how much I need to get the job done. My bottle does not have a mirror finish, it is in a clear bottle. I can assure you I am reviewing the exact same product (different pkg in Canada?). All in all I will purchase this again if I need too, works GREAT for my toes!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2008 10:03:00 PM More reviews by kayemarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for years and it's my HG of top coats. It makes my polish super shiny and smooths out any flaws there might be in my polishing technique. It dries super fast too. I just wish you could see how much is left in the bottle. It's covered in a mirror like silver finish so you can't tell.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2008 5:54:00 AM More reviews by KeLLsTar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I am quite sceptical of products that promise things that they don't deliver, but decided to give this a go.

I'm glad I did! It's SUPER shiny & I get compliments every time I wear it from people saying how shiny my polish is.

Just like every other nail polish, it will chip and/pr peel off. No product in the world can stop that, especially if you have soft nails, but it does make your polish last longer than usual. Don't use too much as it will make your polish peel off. It's so easy to do though. Wipe the brush away from you as you take it out. You will eventually work out the right amount to use on your nails.

I can't really compare it to others - I have never tried another topcoat that promises the same thing as I have never been compelled to change. Great product!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2007 11:32:00 AM More reviews by Mirtilla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm in two minds over this top coat b/c YES, it adds extra shine to my nail polishes but NO, it doesn't help them last longer.
I don't know what happens but the polishes start to peel off earlier than usual and this is really annoying.
I love the extra shine, but I won't buy this product again. Still looking for my HG top coat!

**EDIT: I threw it away :(

rated 1 of 5 on 11/6/2007 9:26:00 PM More reviews by ranger2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ugh, at first I loved how this made my nails shine. About an hour later they were peeling bad, I tried it several times and every time it peeled. No good. : (

I should have known better than to stray from Seche Vite and Poshe.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2007 5:55:00 PM More reviews by longgoodnight04

It made my nails really shiny which was awesome. I tried to like this product. I really did. I gave it too many chances. It made my polish peel off within 2 days! I think the problem is that it bonds all the layers of your basecoat and polish together thus it peels off in one piece.
I want to throw this out but it was 4.50 or something like that. :-(