January 25, 2015 | 2158 users online

Treatments (Face) - Burt's Bees - Herbal Blemish Stick

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2009 1:59:00 AM More reviews by breadfruity

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I like Burt's Bees, and I like the smell of the blemish stick. It has worked in the past but nothing miraculous. I've had two blemishes for about the past two weeks and have been applying the blemish stick religiously. Sadly it hasn't worked. I still like the product, if only for the smell, but it doesn't work very well for me. I honestly hate giving this item a bad review because I love love love Burt's Bees.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2009 12:18:00 AM More reviews by alixh08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My mom picked this up for me a couple years ago when my acne was really bad. I used it but only got to like half the bottle before it got all junk-filled, so I stopped using it. After I had a few more breakouts than usual a couple weeks ago, I picked this up again since I've never really found a spot treatment I've loved. This is now my HG. I absolutely adore it. It does smell a bit medicinal-y as others say, but that doesn't bother me. Plus, once you have it on your face, you can't smell it anymore. I love that it's a liquid and is clear. This is the absolute only spot treatment I can wear under makeup that goes on smooth and doesn't make my makeup look weird or cakey in that area. I like the idea how other people take the roller ball out and dip a Q-tip into it, but I travel a lot, so I was worried about it leaking, and I didn't want to make a mess putting it into another bottle, so I use it with the roller ball. It's not the most sanitary thing, but that hasn't hindered it's performance, imo. I am extremely careful with it though. I only put it on my skin after cleansing so there's no dirt or makeup or anything that it can pick up and make the liquid all junky. It doesn't dry me out at all, which I love. I usually spread it over some trouble areas for to prevent breakouts, and that works fine. It's a little more expensive (about $8 at WalMart), but it is absolutely worth it. And even though I use this morning and night, I don't seem to be going through the bottle very fast at all. I will definitely repurchase this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2009 10:08:00 AM More reviews by bijay

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this before consulting makeupalley reviews, which in this case may be a good thing - the reviews here are generally low enough to keep me away. But for me (I have occasional breakouts that are more like small bumps under the skin, they almost never come to a head but can last a long time) this works great! Just a few dabs a day on any small spot, and not only does it take the swelling down very quickly, it is completely healed within a couple of days instead of 1-2 weeks. I don't mind the smell, and the applicator is great - it helps keep the treatment concentrated right on the spot, and prevents me from overtreating the whole area. Maybe this is not the best choice for moderate or severe acne, but if you have under-the-skin bumps that normally last a long time, this definitely helps get things under control quickly!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/6/2009 5:34:00 PM More reviews by elepop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's easy to use and it works. Just apply a bit on a pimple and the next day, it already feels less bumpy! The down side would be the smell. It has a heavy licorice smell which I don't like.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2009 3:45:00 PM More reviews by lifeissweet212

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i like this, it really helps reduce my occasional zit. Because i have clear skin 99% of the time this lasts a while for me. I actually like the small... its sort of tea tree oil citrusy eucalyptusy, which makes sense because they are 3 of the indgredients in this. I like how it stings a little because i like to feel it working. if you have a lot of problem spots this could get pricey, so some people below me i suggest using it mainly for the ones you need to get rid of quickly. the only thing i dont really like is that if you tip it upside down to put it on a LOT comes out, like whole drops rolling down my face, so the packaging could be better. but i think its a real bonus that theyre natural ingredients so youre not absorbing chemicals into your skin and its animal testing free!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2009 6:49:00 PM More reviews by lipstickonthefilter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

WOW! this stuff REALLY works! im amazed. i had low expectations after trying so many acne products in the past, however i think the tea tree oil really helps. id never tried it before. i love that its all organic and not tested on animals. and i also love that its not some super expensive high-end product, and that i can find it locally at walgreens. LOVE it. it fixed my zits overnight. will repurchase! (i dont mind the scent only because it works!)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2009 6:38:00 PM More reviews by myolderbrother

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Very strong medicinal scent. Product has never assisted in ridding my skin of a blemish.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2009 7:37:00 PM More reviews by mkaala1211

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this product but hate the packaging. It does exactly what it says and I actually like the smell.. It's a very small tube for what you pay. So it's a little expensive. The roller ball thing is very annyoing. It's hard to get product out when it's low. You have to throw your head back and hold the tube upright. haha. It's kind of a hassle. If it wasn't for the packaging I would buy again. But I can find something that does the same job for a smaller price.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2009 10:18:00 PM More reviews by kimko

I bought this awhile ago and I just started regularly using it a few months ago on pimples that appear on my skin. This stick is amazing for those pesky huge pimples that pop up on your chin and on your forehead. It is a great treatment if you need them gone, fast! I've noticed that in the morning, my pimples look smaller and the redness has gone down but it can burn a little when you first roll it on your skin. The smell is pretty strong but you can get use to after awhile. I feel like this stuff can be used up pretty fast if you use it everywhere on your skin so I'd stick to the bigger pimples that you just can't seem to get rid of . Another great from Burt's Bees!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/4/2009 12:36:00 AM More reviews by maggielalala

I like Burt's Bee's. I think they're a reasonably ethical company that doesn't test on animals and usually their stuff is 90% or more natural. That being said I was not a fan of this product. Basically it just felt like I was putting alcohol on my face, and didn't really do anything for my occasional blemish. The scent is actually one of the things I didn't mind though, it was licorice-y and pleasant. However that doesn't change the fact I found this to be essentially a waste of money. I'd say tea tree oil would be a better and more cost effective alternative. Back to the drawing board.