August 21, 2014 | 1629 users online

Mascara - Estee Lauder - MagnaScopic Maximum Volume Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2008 4:48:00 PM More reviews by abradley725

For those of you that have clumping problems - it needs to be applied right. Any good mascara (especially for thickening lashes) can clump up if it is not correctly applied. Also, use a lash primer (like Lauder's Lash Primer Plus), it makes a world of difference. I used to use Magnascopic all the time - it is great for volume, thickness, and curl. I gave it a 4/5 though because Estee Lauder's newest mascara, Sumptous, is absolutely INCREDIBLE!!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/19/2008 10:45:00 AM More reviews by Miffny

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This has to be one of the worst mascaras I have bought in a long time, no volume added as well as drying so very hard , when I removed the mascara I lost many lashes.A big let down and not cheap either.I must give it credit for staying power and no flaking.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2008 6:45:00 PM More reviews by ecart1

This mascara does work for me, it is the blackest black, it has a good consistency and it gives great volume, definition without clumping, and length. It also doesn't flake off much or give me raccoon eyes like virtually every other mascara I've used. Basically, this would be my ideal mascara but it runs out so damn fast I feel like I'm being gipped hardcore. It's not the cheapest mascara out there, and after 2.5-3 weeks I can see a noticeable difference in quality and quantity. It starts to dry out and it's performance takes a serious plunge. They've obviously found a way to disguise the fact that there's NOTHING in the tube with the lovely, artsy packaging.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/31/2008 4:23:00 AM More reviews by groda

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Clumps clumps clumps and again more clumps. This is a surprisingly bad product from Estee Lauder. I feel cheated....

rated 3 of 5 on 7/19/2008 9:38:00 PM More reviews by ziekte

Made my lashes long as HELL but clumpy. Not much to say because it was only a sample size but I won't continue using it and I don't plan on buying the full size.

*EDIT* I've been using the brush with Clinique's Lash Doubling Mascara's formula and it's a lot better! Long lashes without clumps!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2008 3:23:00 AM More reviews by miyomi

i got a trial size of this for free in one of those "buy $39 worth of goods and receive a free gift" offers, and i actually didnt expect much from it, but holy cow was a surprised!haha
i have NEVER EVER gotten any clumps or eyelashes getting stuck together with this. It separates each lash and volumizes really well, the mascara wand is really quite nice, the length of the bristles are perfect, not too long not too short. And it looks really natural,my friends were all really jealous of my eyelashes whenever i wore this out b/c the thought i wasnt wearing any mascara, which is always good, and a major bonus, since this is trial size (very cute) i can stick it in my pocket or my coin purse when im going out so i dont have to bother with a makeup bag!~all in all awesome product, this is my HG right now,best mascara i have tried so far, and i've tried quite a few, both low end and high end stuff. BUT the only thing is lately i realized im running low, the container has about 1/3 left so i use this on my lower lashes to give a perfect look and use rimmel douple play on the top lashes, but as soon as i find some time to go to estee lauder i will buy this~

i almost forgot, it lasts the whole day w/o smudging and came out prefect through 29degree c. scorching weather and sweat, and now i only need to use one layer since it has the same effect as 2-3layers

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2008 11:49:00 AM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HOLLY MOLY! this mascara is incredible. I put one sweep of this stuff and it looks like I spent 5 minutes putting 3 coats of black mascara on my lashes, talk about the most gorgeous seperated party ready eyes in 1 sweep. I love this stuff, it cuts down the time I need to do my eyes and I only have the small sample gwp mini mascara. The texture of this mascara is more on the watery side unlike most volumizing mascaras are waxy so if someone puts 2 coats of them, they tend to look gunky for example lancome hypnose, dior show, etc. Because of this forumula, my lashes look fully seperated and SOFT rather than gunky. At the end of the day, it doesnt flake or smudge. SUPER product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2008 11:14:00 AM More reviews by princessgracie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this and got it home, pulling it out and realizing that it was this one. Had gone to the EL counter looking for some new mascara, as I am tired of my wimpy lashes all the time with the double wear mascara. Took it back, but the nasty wrinkly old lady told me I just wasn't applying it properly. Does she realize that I am 36 and not 14? (sorry. Not trying to offend anyone) I have worn it for a couple of days, and it is exactly how I remember. Clumpy. Flaky. More clupms. And, I tried "the way" according to the SA but obviously I am incompetent. (maybe she is just too old to see the clumps!) Taking this one back today. Won't repuechase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2008 6:55:00 AM More reviews by babykitten9

Thankfully I didn't have to waste money on it - got it from my mom who thought that perhaps this mascara would work for me if she had failed to get any good results.
Thanks, mom, but this mascara is just crap to start with. Clumpy thick building no length mess. I tried hard to make it work - with primer, without primer, on top of other mascaras blah blah blah. It still looked horrible. I tossed it.
Will definitely not buy it. If I could give it a 0 rating I would. Somebody below said it was similar to Maybelline Great lash. No, guys, Great lash is way much better!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2008 11:59:00 PM More reviews by forgetfuljones

Wow. I don't even know where to begin. I'm at a loss for words to describe this garbage. To sum it up, this is basically Maybelline great lash mascara for 4x the price. Enough said.