April 20, 2014 | 1688 users online

Styling Products - Bumble & Bumble - Surf Spray

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2009 7:07:00 PM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ok, this totally works. TOTALLY. I have fine, thin, flat asian hair thats super shiny and super oily (I have to wash every.single.day). This gives me BIG, TEXAS HAIR! Beehive hairdo hair! Veryyyyy sexy and totally works. Only down side is that its wayyy too drying to use every single day. You definitely have to give your hair a break and condition very well after using this baby! What I am going to try and do this time is wash my hair every OTHER day, and on the 2nd day, when my hair is super gross and oily, im going to spray this in and maybe it will help soak up some of the oilies?! I think it will totally work (because yeah, this is SUPER drying). I have used every single hair powder under the sun and nothing has been able to revive my 2nd day of unwashed hair so that's why I was every night. Will update! :)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2008 9:00:00 AM More reviews by Courtloux128

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wonderful stuff! Creates beautiful, tossled, beachy waves! B&B products never fail to impress me.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/27/2008 5:49:00 PM More reviews by linseyp

What a SMALL bottle!! This stuff is not worth the price or all the additional work I have to do to get waves. You don't just spray it in and scrunch. You have to twist individual sections, pin up and then let dry. After all this work, my hair was flat after two hours and sticky/heavier than before. It doesn't smell very good either. The only way I use this now is just to spray on clean hair to give it some body and texture. Don't get any waves and there are other cheaper products that do the same thing. I'm very disappointed. And seriously, the bottle is SO SMALL and it's not cheap. I'm going back to John Frieda's Curl spray, it's not perfect but it's better than this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2008 12:03:00 AM More reviews by NikyzSwtP

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff is the shizz. My hair is worse than baby fine and won't tolerate other styling products than this. It's wonderful at adding volume and texture that still look natural. I also swear by Bumble and Bumble Thickening Shampoo; the two together are an unbeatable duo. Go for it. You won't be disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2008 8:29:00 PM More reviews by BeaverCleaverReturns

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this stuff. It was an impulse buy at Blue Mercury because I was feeling blah about my hair. This works great for a beach, wavy look if you spritz some on and let your hair air dry (I finish it off w/ the dryer for time's sake). You scrunch or twist to encourage waves. If you have very straight or fine hair, this style may be hard to achieve without actuall curling your hair. I have medium thick hair w/ a natural wave and I love how easy it is to get sexy, beach waves.

But, the most surprising thing I found was how well this works to add volume and texture when I do my regualr blowdry and style. It is better than any mousse, gel, styling lotion, etc. that I have tried. I soritz a little and comb it through damp hair and then style as usual w/ my blowdryer and brush. It gives you that texture that you get the day after washing but without the oil. It helps my hair retain the style all day. The added texture also helps my hair stay up when I do ponytails or put it up.

It is pricy as all B&B products are but I would definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2008 4:57:00 PM More reviews by jasminefoxedme

I really like this, but I think you have to have the right hairstyle to pull it off. I have very long, layered, wavy, thick hair. I spray it in and then blow my hair dry. I get a very cool just from the beach look, but I can understand why you wouldn't if you didn't have this exact hairstyle. Also, I looooove the scent.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/30/2008 6:29:00 PM More reviews by jennirox93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have naturally wavy hair and wanted to get that beachy/semi-curly look, so I bought this. It just made my hair look gross and limp. Definitely not worth the 20 or so bucks that I paid for it. It also didn't come with a cap for the nozzle, so it's hard to travel with. I think there are other beach hair products out there that are cheaper and do a much better job.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/29/2008 11:01:00 AM More reviews by GingerSail

When I got my hair cut last they the stylist put this in my hair and I hated it so much I went home and washed it out. She described it as putting saltwater in your hair which doesn't make me feel good about it. It makes my normally smooth hair very rough. It does make hair easier to style and looks more voluminous, but I hate the texture!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/17/2008 4:28:00 PM More reviews by Afiach

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have fine, wavy long hair. The packaging is nice - I love the rubber bottle. I spray the product on wet/damp hair and let it air-dry, scrunching every so often.

When dry, my hair has a matte texture. It's not unpleasant, but it isn't run-my-fingers through my hair quality. It defines my waves better.

It's too drying for me to like it. Expensive and most of it leaked out of the bottle when travelling. It's just not worth it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2008 3:55:00 PM More reviews by xiaopengyou7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love it! This is perfect for my hair in the summer - I have unruly, fine, wavy hair. When my hair is wet I just spray some of this in and let it air-dry; it gives me a beachy wave without any clumpiness or crispiness. Innovative product, will certainly buy again!

EDIT - After a few weeks of using this, my hair started to get dry and frizzy; I stopped using it an my hair is now back to normal - so I probably won't be buying this again.