Cover Girl Simply Powder Foundation

3.9

Talc, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Dimethicone, Dextrin, Calcium Silicate, Nylon 12, Zinc Stearate, Quaternium 15, Lecithin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Silica, Propylparaben, Methicone, Octyldodecyl Myristate, Methylparaben, Lauroyl Lysine, Glyceryl Rosinate, Iron Oxides, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Bismuth Oxychloride, May Contain:, Ultramarines

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Love it in creamy natural. provides just enough sheer coverage. Minus one lippie because it doesn't last the whole day.

After trying many mineral foundations (BE, EM, Pure Luxe, Alima) as well as compact powder foundations (eg Dual Finish), I was close to deciding that I would have to stick to liquids. I bought the Simply Powder as a touch-up powder that I thought would have a little extra coverage for those late afternoons when my makeup has mostly sunk into my pores and disappeared. But as the weather got warmer, I really wanted to start walking to work. I use Neutrogena Ultra Sheer 55 SPF sunscreen when I'm out walking, which feels too heavy to keep on through the workday. I tried removing the sunscreen with an Olay toweletter cleanser when I got to work, moisturizing and putting on the Simply Powder. It works wonderfully! You buff it on like other mineral foundations (although it's in a compact), and it really does cover fairly well and is buildable. I use a brush to apply it (throw out the sponge that comes with it). I put on some eyeshadow and waterproof mascara before I leave the house, so all I need is this foundation and lipstick. It's not messy (I can apply at my desk without a mirror) and I'm done in about 30 seconds. This is definitely what I'm going to be sticking with through the summer, and maybe even beyond!

on 4/30/2007 4:06:00 PM

I purchased this based on the reviews here, but it didn't work out for me. Coverage was good, but it fell into my fine lines amplifying them. It also made my face feel slick as the day went on. And the shade, Ivory, was too ashy. I thought I could save some money with this, but it was not to be.

on 4/1/2007 7:25:00 PM

I'd say this is an okay powder, ONLY if you can find your perfect shade. I bought this in both Creamy Natural and Buff Beige and they had too much pink on my skin. I have Asian medium-tanned skin so if you have yellow undertone with no pink at all, these colors might not work as well for you. The oil control isn't that good either, I think I have to re-apply after 2 hours just for the shine. If you apply too much and you have an oily face, it will look very gray and pinkish. It only looks nice when you first apply it!
Pros: The coverage is good for a powder! It goes on very nicely at first, but like I said earlier, if you apply again and again it gets very unpleasant.. Another thing I like about this is the compact, it's really cute and it never once broke when I dropped it, it doesn't get "powdery" if you drop it like some other powders do.

Overall, if you find this in your skin color, it's a very nice powder to use.

on 3/13/2007 6:04:00 PM

Okay I have to admit, I am not a fan of Cover Girl Products, but this stuff blew me away! I needed something that travels well and gives great coverage and this stuff did it. It really doesn't look powdery once applied and covers great. I found myself even liking more than my usual mineral make up. Its a real find. I only wish it came in more color choices. The Ivory shade works pretty well, but I would prefer a little less pink to it

on 3/3/2007 6:23:00 PM

I use this as my regular powder not as foundation.I swirl my big fluffy brush in this and apply allover my face. Classic Ivory is a good color for me it does not change colors during the day, it keeps me matte, doesn't get cakey, I also like that I can reapply a thicker layer of this on my nose to freshen up.It covers well too. Overall it does a good job at getting my skin tone even.I have bought two already and plan to keep using this as my everyday powder.I will say the only negative I could find is that if applied to heavily it will make dry flakes more visible as well as wrinkles.To avoid this I use a brush to apply instead of the sponge and I apply lotion before my makeup. I also avoid putting to much of this under my eyes.Just a light dusting with whatever is left in brush will do.

on 2/28/2007 1:08:00 AM

Good product, has a good amount of coverage for a powder. Didn't cause me to break out at all.

on 1/22/2007 10:22:00 AM

I love powder foundation in general. I have acne-prone/oily/sensitive skin that just cannot stand liquid foundations - they either clog my pores and break me out or slide off my face within an hour. So powder foundations are the only thing that stay on my face without clogging my pores and breaking me out. I have tried numerous high-end powder foundations, such as Chanel's Double Perfection Compact, Lancome's Dual Finish, MAC Studio Fix Powder, Px AnyWear, etc., but they were "just okay." And "just okay" is not good enough considering the prices of some of these products. So I decided to pick something up at the drugstore and give that a try, and I'm so glad that I did. CoverGirl's Simply Powder Foundation is cheap ($6 at my local d/s), doesn't cause break-outs (its oil-free!), has a variety of colors (to match even my super-fair skin), long-lasting (no touch-ups are needed during my 8-hour work-day), and offers light to medium coverage (depending on how many layers you apply). One layer smoothed over my face with the included sponge is enough to make my skin look naturally even and hide minor blemishes.

That said, I would not recommend this to ladies with major blemishes or very dry skin. This powder would not hide major blemishes very well and would irritate very dry skin (and accentuate any flakiness).

on 1/17/2007 3:24:00 PM

I like this powder. The color I chose matches perfectly plus it looks natural on my skin. It does sometimes make dry patches stand out a little though. Doesnt do too much for the oil control but it doesnt say that it will so yeah. Overall this is a good powder ...nothing to get all worked up about but its good enough that I have continued to repurchase it a few times. I will continue to use this until I find another powder that is cheap and looks good on my skin.

on 12/21/2006 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Soft Honey 555 is perfect for my NC35 complexion, but it doesn't offer very good coverage. It takes away my oily shine without making my skin chalky at all. Not the greatest, but good for the price.