October 21, 2014 | 1785 users online

Powder - Cover Girl - Simply Powder Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2007 6:04:00 PM More reviews by diag123

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Okay I have to admit, I am not a fan of Cover Girl Products, but this stuff blew me away! I needed something that travels well and gives great coverage and this stuff did it. It really doesn't look powdery once applied and covers great. I found myself even liking more than my usual mineral make up. Its a real find. I only wish it came in more color choices. The Ivory shade works pretty well, but I would prefer a little less pink to it

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2007 6:23:00 PM More reviews by Wendykitty

I use this as my regular powder not as foundation.I swirl my big fluffy brush in this and apply allover my face. Classic Ivory is a good color for me it does not change colors during the day, it keeps me matte, doesn't get cakey, I also like that I can reapply a thicker layer of this on my nose to freshen up.It covers well too. Overall it does a good job at getting my skin tone even.I have bought two already and plan to keep using this as my everyday powder.I will say the only negative I could find is that if applied to heavily it will make dry flakes more visible as well as wrinkles.To avoid this I use a brush to apply instead of the sponge and I apply lotion before my makeup. I also avoid putting to much of this under my eyes.Just a light dusting with whatever is left in brush will do.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2007 1:08:00 AM More reviews by trine8910

Good product, has a good amount of coverage for a powder. Didn't cause me to break out at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2007 10:22:00 AM More reviews by latigrez

I love powder foundation in general. I have acne-prone/oily/sensitive skin that just cannot stand liquid foundations - they either clog my pores and break me out or slide off my face within an hour. So powder foundations are the only thing that stay on my face without clogging my pores and breaking me out. I have tried numerous high-end powder foundations, such as Chanel's Double Perfection Compact, Lancome's Dual Finish, MAC Studio Fix Powder, Px AnyWear, etc., but they were "just okay." And "just okay" is not good enough considering the prices of some of these products. So I decided to pick something up at the drugstore and give that a try, and I'm so glad that I did. CoverGirl's Simply Powder Foundation is cheap ($6 at my local d/s), doesn't cause break-outs (its oil-free!), has a variety of colors (to match even my super-fair skin), long-lasting (no touch-ups are needed during my 8-hour work-day), and offers light to medium coverage (depending on how many layers you apply). One layer smoothed over my face with the included sponge is enough to make my skin look naturally even and hide minor blemishes.

That said, I would not recommend this to ladies with major blemishes or very dry skin. This powder would not hide major blemishes very well and would irritate very dry skin (and accentuate any flakiness).

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2007 3:24:00 PM More reviews by ksdjfklsdjf

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this powder. The color I chose matches perfectly plus it looks natural on my skin. It does sometimes make dry patches stand out a little though. Doesnt do too much for the oil control but it doesnt say that it will so yeah. Overall this is a good powder ...nothing to get all worked up about but its good enough that I have continued to repurchase it a few times. I will continue to use this until I find another powder that is cheap and looks good on my skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2006 11:04:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Soft Honey 555 is perfect for my NC35 complexion, but it doesn't offer very good coverage. It takes away my oily shine without making my skin chalky at all. Not the greatest, but good for the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2006 7:50:00 PM More reviews by kate10662

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I saw this product at ulta and had read review on it so I decided to try it. I bought it in Natural Ivory. When I opened the package it was hard to assemble the compact, but I eventually figured it out. The sponge also dosen't fit inside the compact untill you've used some of the product up.
I put it on and was suprised. It matched my skin color pefectly so I didn't even have to blend it. It looked very natural, but covered up my redness really well. It also didn't make my dry spots more obvious like a lot of foundations do. It didn't cover up my brown freckles up at all, but not very many do. After about 4 hours it started wearing off. It also didn't do the best job covering up shine.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2006 1:13:00 AM More reviews by GemS

I picked this up because it was on sale for cheap and the reviews here are overall pretty good. Unfortunately, this does work too well for me. First of all, I got the wrong shade. I know that's my fault, but it's so hard picking the right shade by looking at the compact. I got Classic Ivory and it looks pretty dark in the pan. However, it applies much lighter, which makes my skin look powdery and ashy. The next shade up looks orangy and too dark though. Next, the coverage is mediocre. I have to apply many layers to get the coverage I want, but by then it looks like I have a full mask on because the powder doesn't blend in and just sits on top. It also emphasizes the drier areas on my face. Lastly, this does not last on my oily skin. I get shiny within an hour or so. I've since gone back to my PF Mineral Wear pressed powder.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2006 12:49:00 AM More reviews by GJxoxo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

At first I thought this was okay after reading all the reviews but once I tried it I was definitley dissapointed. This product lasted about 4.2 seconds on my face. Literally within seconds my oily skin proceeded to massacre this product and it was GONE like that. The coverage sucked...it was just bad. I believe this broke me out as well and contributed to clogged pores. Don't waste your money folks.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2006 11:57:00 AM More reviews by mascara_junkie

I bought this in "classic ivory" and I found it looked very good on my pale skin - it even seemed to warm it up a bit!

Pros:

+ The coverage is buildable

+ This stayed on almost all day for for combo/troubled skin

+ I didn't receive any breakouts!.

Cons:

+Hard to turn into a compact at first

+Can accentuate dry spots - use moisturizer

Will repurchase!