April 16, 2014 | 2025 users online

Powder - Cover Girl - Simply Powder Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2007 10:22:00 AM More reviews by latigrez

I love powder foundation in general. I have acne-prone/oily/sensitive skin that just cannot stand liquid foundations - they either clog my pores and break me out or slide off my face within an hour. So powder foundations are the only thing that stay on my face without clogging my pores and breaking me out. I have tried numerous high-end powder foundations, such as Chanel's Double Perfection Compact, Lancome's Dual Finish, MAC Studio Fix Powder, Px AnyWear, etc., but they were "just okay." And "just okay" is not good enough considering the prices of some of these products. So I decided to pick something up at the drugstore and give that a try, and I'm so glad that I did. CoverGirl's Simply Powder Foundation is cheap ($6 at my local d/s), doesn't cause break-outs (its oil-free!), has a variety of colors (to match even my super-fair skin), long-lasting (no touch-ups are needed during my 8-hour work-day), and offers light to medium coverage (depending on how many layers you apply). One layer smoothed over my face with the included sponge is enough to make my skin look naturally even and hide minor blemishes.

That said, I would not recommend this to ladies with major blemishes or very dry skin. This powder would not hide major blemishes very well and would irritate very dry skin (and accentuate any flakiness).

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2007 3:24:00 PM More reviews by ksdjfklsdjf

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this powder. The color I chose matches perfectly plus it looks natural on my skin. It does sometimes make dry patches stand out a little though. Doesnt do too much for the oil control but it doesnt say that it will so yeah. Overall this is a good powder ...nothing to get all worked up about but its good enough that I have continued to repurchase it a few times. I will continue to use this until I find another powder that is cheap and looks good on my skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2006 11:04:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Soft Honey 555 is perfect for my NC35 complexion, but it doesn't offer very good coverage. It takes away my oily shine without making my skin chalky at all. Not the greatest, but good for the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2006 7:50:00 PM More reviews by kate10662

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I saw this product at ulta and had read review on it so I decided to try it. I bought it in Natural Ivory. When I opened the package it was hard to assemble the compact, but I eventually figured it out. The sponge also dosen't fit inside the compact untill you've used some of the product up.
I put it on and was suprised. It matched my skin color pefectly so I didn't even have to blend it. It looked very natural, but covered up my redness really well. It also didn't make my dry spots more obvious like a lot of foundations do. It didn't cover up my brown freckles up at all, but not very many do. After about 4 hours it started wearing off. It also didn't do the best job covering up shine.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2006 1:13:00 AM More reviews by GemS

I picked this up because it was on sale for cheap and the reviews here are overall pretty good. Unfortunately, this does work too well for me. First of all, I got the wrong shade. I know that's my fault, but it's so hard picking the right shade by looking at the compact. I got Classic Ivory and it looks pretty dark in the pan. However, it applies much lighter, which makes my skin look powdery and ashy. The next shade up looks orangy and too dark though. Next, the coverage is mediocre. I have to apply many layers to get the coverage I want, but by then it looks like I have a full mask on because the powder doesn't blend in and just sits on top. It also emphasizes the drier areas on my face. Lastly, this does not last on my oily skin. I get shiny within an hour or so. I've since gone back to my PF Mineral Wear pressed powder.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2006 12:49:00 AM More reviews by GJxoxo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

At first I thought this was okay after reading all the reviews but once I tried it I was definitley dissapointed. This product lasted about 4.2 seconds on my face. Literally within seconds my oily skin proceeded to massacre this product and it was GONE like that. The coverage sucked...it was just bad. I believe this broke me out as well and contributed to clogged pores. Don't waste your money folks.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2006 11:57:00 AM More reviews by mascara_junkie

I bought this in "classic ivory" and I found it looked very good on my pale skin - it even seemed to warm it up a bit!

Pros:

+ The coverage is buildable

+ This stayed on almost all day for for combo/troubled skin

+ I didn't receive any breakouts!.

Cons:

+Hard to turn into a compact at first

+Can accentuate dry spots - use moisturizer

Will repurchase!
continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2006 7:00:00 AM More reviews by faeryhideout

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product. Been using it for years. It makes my skin look like porcelin. It's lightweight and never clogs my pores. I lovelovelove it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2005 8:42:00 PM More reviews by MZ_PRiNCESS

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS FOUNDATION. I HAVE TRIED MANY OF THE OTHER POWDERS OR LIQUID FOUNDATIONS FROM COVERGIRL AND I DIDN'T LIKE THEM, THEY MADE ME BREAKOUT, AND SOME OF THEM WERE DIFFERENT COLORS. MY SHADE IS SOFY HONEY( WHICH IS EQUAL TO NC 30-35) BUT WHEN I BOUGHT CLEAN PRESSED POWDER IN SOFT HONEY IT WAS WAYYY TO DARK. ANYWAY. THIS POWDERS COVERAGE LAST A LONG TIME IT DOESN'T CHANGE COLORS, AND IT CONTROLS OIL WELL. I ONLY BLOT 1-2 TIMES A DAY. IT'S VERY HUMID HERE IN HAWAII AND THIS IS THE ONLY POWDER THAT DOENS'T LOOK/FEEL LIKE IT'S MELTING OFF MY FACE OR SETTLING INTO MY PORES WHEN IT'S HOT.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2005 7:29:00 AM More reviews by islandgirlmb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I loved this product. I thought I had found my HG here. The color was perfect, the application perfect (although I too wish the sponge was separate), it lasted on my oily skin without looking gross after awhile, the ability to apply a little or a lot without looking cakey was wonderful, but alas, it made me break out big time which makes me sad and jealous of anyone else who gets to wear it. I broke out into small pimples in the areas underneath the cheekbones (where I never do) and on my forehead, which is very bizarre because it is not a heavy product. But by the end of the day, the bumps would be forming. This drives me nuts because I can wear CG's Cream to Powder foundation all day, forget to wash my face, sleep in it, and wake up with no breakouts and it is a waaayy heavier product. Whatever. To all the girls out there who can wear this pimple free, I say you are super lucky!!