April 25, 2014 | 936 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Tweezerman - Metal Eye Lash Comb

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2008 2:13:00 PM More reviews by KOMPUTERMACHINER

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The best thing since sliced bread. Get it in black.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2008 10:55:00 PM More reviews by dollface_vixen

OMG...the BEST invention since the retractable lip brush. I hand a plastic one before and it was awful so I was a bit skeptical when I bought this.... Boy was I ever wrong. It separates AND lifts lashes into a curl. A definite must, it'll have you begging the question, "Where has this been all my life!?"

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2008 6:27:00 PM More reviews by gingerrama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

The version here is short, in clear plastic, with a comb of fine gilded teeth that tuck into the handle and can be folded out. Calls itself "ILash." I lusted after it for months (thank you MUA for the lemming of all lemmings), then bought it online.

The T-man is good, but not that good. The handle could be a little thicker, more stable and comfortable. The head is too floppy, and can only be tightened up a little bit with mini-screwdrivers. The whole contraption feels somewhat flimsy - a worry, when doing something dexterous right next to eyes.

Whilst gnawing my knuckles over my craving, I had bought another version of the folding metal-toothed comb (Ruby + Millie - see review). I've also used non-folding plastic lash combs for many years, before hearing about the joys of metal.This gives me some standards of comparison. Still completely subjective, obviously.

I reckon that the metal combs are way better than the plastic ones, and foldable ones are fab. But I rate the R+M above the T-man: for performance, usability, and solidity of construction. It's also easier to clean - the comb is just stainless steel, and the teeth ever so slightly thicker, so more durable without sacrificing much in the finesse of lash-separating action. I'd found the T-man's teeth start losing their gilt with the very first clean, and bend. Aside from the general floppiness issues.

Any of the metal-toothed combs clean well and thoroughly with basic alcohol. The steel ones can also be cleaned with simple detergent first, along with other brushes, say once a week.

Cost GBP 7.00 + shipping.

Verdict: a general yes for metal-toothed folding lash combs - but not this particular model. I've seen other Tweezerman ones in the US that were plain stainless steel, and looked more convincing than this one. And I'd recommend the (more expensive) Ruby + Millie one, if you're in the UK or Ireland. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2008 6:18:00 AM More reviews by palmst

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This eyelash comb leaves all the plastic ones for dead. This really combs through your lashes as opposed to the plastic ones where you are really just wiping your lashes against the tip of the comb. You will never go back to plastic after you have used this.

Edit 26/4/08 - maybe I am cleaning it too hard?... but one of the teeth fell out. I was able to push it back and it seems like it will stay put. As a safety step now, I inspect the teeth and make sure they are in a straight line before I use it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/29/2008 11:48:00 PM More reviews by sienna0202

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can't believe I went all this time not knowing about this product. I have wasted so much money on other crappy eyelash combs. I thought the one I was using was pretty good until I tried this one. I'll never be able to use anything else now. This is definitely worth the money. If you are a mascara lover you have to have this in your make up bag. Buy it, you will not be sorry.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2008 12:07:00 AM More reviews by lemon_rosebud

Seriously. This thing works. I've been using a purple folding comb for years now (I think it's a Sally brand), I never really noticed how far apart the teeth are...until I saw this little guy at my local Sally's. LOVE IT. The teeth are very sharp and I've poked myself in the eye a few times, so be careful, but this is worth the price. I picked up the black one which is cheaper that the white one. I really was looking for the Sonia Kashuk one but I think it's been discontinued bc I can't find it, but I'm very happy with this purchase. It's very sturdy, unless I lose it I don't think I'll need to purchase another one.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2008 3:11:00 PM More reviews by jadoreLeCute

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

tools for great lashes &products i use:
。eyelash curler (Shu Uemura)
。mascara base (Shiseido)
。your fav mascara (Maximeyes!! when i can find one.)
。lash comb (Tweezerman.)

do yourself a favor- ditch those crappy plastic things and never look back.

*theres a black style one, very similar- folds, gold metal teeth, but shorter handle.. and $1.50 less expensive ($8 just wasnt justifiable in my head for the white one haha) these are perfect and the lifetime guarantee is good to know :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2008 12:46:00 PM More reviews by crazyfrog13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

A lash comb that actually works! The price is a little steep, but it will pay for itself with the amount of money I'm going to save on mascara. This comb works so well at separating my lashes and removing clumps that I can go back to wearing drugstore brands. Another great product from Tweezerman!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2008 6:25:00 AM More reviews by GlitzyGlam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't use this product that often since I've discovered a great mascara that doesn't clump (BeneFit Bad Gal). But when you need a comb to help separate and remove clumps, this is absolutely the best. Those stupid chubby plastic combs are a joke as the comb teeth are too fat to actually get through your lashes. The teeth on this comb are verrry skinny and very sharp (so be careful). Those are the exact qualities that a lash comb needs to have. If you can't find this one, the Sonia Kashuk comb from Target is also very good.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2008 9:45:00 AM More reviews by sxy_blond

I had previously been using a plastic eyelash comb that looked similar to this one with the same thin teeth i have been using the same one since i first started wearing mascara..10 years ago, but then i lost it.I went for 4 months without an eyelash comb...until i found this miracle tool. I love love love it. i get perfect separated lashes every time when i use it on wet lashes. I just glides through and doesn't pull on the lashes. I paid 10 dollars Canadian for it. totally worth buying