April 20, 2014 | 1696 users online

Liquid - Cover Girl - CG Smoothers All Day Hydrating Makeup

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2009 3:08:00 PM More reviews by rolanda

Who knew you had to go to the drugstore to find neutral-colored foundation? I've searched everywhere in high-end lines for a base that is not pink, orange, or yellow. The only one that comes close to matching my skin is Shesiedo, but much as I love that, it's pretty expensive. I saw this and figured "what the heck." And WOW! the color "Classic Beige" is actually BEIGE, not pink, not yellow, not orange. I am one happy camper. I can smear this on and my skin tone doesn't change to some sallow sickly yellow or wierd not-found-in-humans pink or orange. Though as a side note, has anyone else noticed the proliferation of orange human beings since the advent of self-tanners and bronzers? THey're everywhere and they always freak me out - orange is NOT a human skin color found in nature LOL. This is not moisturizing, but I always ignore the marketing bull on cosmetics items. It's quite good coverage, does not oxidize! and lasts all day. I don't think you can do better for a well priced, easily found foundation. I love it!!! EDIT: I forgot to add that this has a great natural finish and best of all, does NOT aggravate my perioral dermatitis.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2009 3:53:00 AM More reviews by rcgg1993

This is definitely my Go-To foundation . I am absolutely in love . It doesn't make you look like you have ANY makeup on whatsoever , yet it does a very good job of evening out skin tone . I use this with my Revlon Colostay Concealer &my Maybelline Finishing Veil after I put it on . Stayed ALL day &gave me a natural finish . I have combo skin &it didn't leave my skin oily but it didn't dry it out either . I would DEFINITELY recommend this product .

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2009 4:18:00 PM More reviews by K1SS_M3

I actually kind of like this product - I am currently on my 6th month of accutane and my skin is soooo dry and I have been experimenting with various new foundations because i can't use my normal mineral powder foundation that I used when my skin was oily and acne prone. This is similar to a tinted moisturizer but I like that when I sweat - it doesn't produce the skin coloured sweat like a tinted moisturizer does. It gives a sheer coverage. For more coverage I like the CG Aquasmooth which is also moisturizing.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/5/2009 4:30:00 AM More reviews by melissamathers258

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is called hydrating make-up, Dont think so for me!
Didnt do nothing for me it just made my skin looks worse and more dry then ever :( Good thing I only paid $5 for this!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2009 12:20:00 PM More reviews by j_fortier

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Yay!! I love this. I've been using this about a week and I'm so pleased. I've been using Bobbi Brown tinted moisturizer, which I really like, but I actually like this better, and it's about a quarter of the price! It's a bit more matte than the BB (which is a tad too greasy), and doesn't really live up to the "hydrating" hype, but I can conquer that with moisturizer. I find it stays put and doesn't change colors - 2 of my biggest concerns. Note that it's not a full coverage foundation, more like a TM. Today, someone at work told me I must be doing something different and it looked good - the makeup is the only thing I changed. It's a keeper.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2009 8:48:00 PM More reviews by ohwrite

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff surprised me. I usually use high end foundations, but have found this to work really well. I would describe it as light coverage. It moisturizes well and leaves my skin feeling kind of dewy; not powdery or dry at all. It covers my problems and looks natural; no pooling. My HE foundations pool more. No breakouts either.

Very happy with this!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2009 9:50:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Update: This is not the same as the older formula. It's nowhere near as mosturizing and it does not hydrate for 11 hours! What did they do to it?????? Make a cheaper version and sell it at the same price... The shades are also completely different... and my creamy natural is too light. This used to blend well and make skin so soft, now it just sits there and washes me out. I still have my older bottle and compared both. Classic beige is still too light. The older version has clearly made my skin soft, smooth and supple. While the new aqua version settles into fine lines and is pale. If I find the older one at Big lots, I'm going to buy as many as I can. I am even going to write Cover Girl and tell them they need to bring back the original version. This is just some tinted watery foundation, not the perfect moisture foundation it used to be. UPDATE: All CG foundations seems to seperate now, and they give a white cast to the face. Whatever they are doing is wrong!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2009 12:58:00 AM More reviews by angel111

I used this foundation for awhile when I first started wearing makeup, but quickly replaced it with high end foundations.
I loved the foundation but never found the perfect shade for my skin. But aside from not having the right color for me, this foundation is great. It lasts all day, hydrates your skin. If you have dry skin this foundation actually improves it.
I always keep a bottle of this on hand, and I often mix it with other foundations. It might seem like a weird thing to do but it really works for me. I am using MUFE HD foundation but I found that it was accentuating my dry spots, so I mixed alittle CG smoother in there and you couldn't see any dry spots at all. And after just a day of wearing the mixed foundation, my skin had improved so much that I dont notice any dry spots at all.
I recommend this foundation for any ladies with dry skin. On its own or just to mix with foundations that you like but dry your skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2009 8:57:00 PM More reviews by TeaLover

I've used this foundation for years and have been happy with it.
It has good coverage that lasts. However, I started using mineral makeup 6 months ago and am happier with that. The mineral make up gives me a much more natural look with the same coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2009 9:44:00 PM More reviews by ediedodson

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

CG Aqua Smoothers in the plastic bottle is another winner for me, I like the Compact Formula better, but I definately won't rule this one out. It really seems to plump my skin up. It wears well all day for me with no oiliness or dryness. I use the Buff Beige and it is perfect for my skin tone. I have seen both forms of this foundation reveiwed by professionals in top magazines as being a good make up at a super price. I have tried it all and CG Smoothers works best for me.