October 25, 2014 | 1241 users online

Liquid - Cover Girl - CG Smoothers All Day Hydrating Makeup

rated 2 of 5 on 4/15/2009 8:19:00 PM More reviews by anee

I didnt understand whats wrong with it . First three months i tried , no coverage at all .And now it started giving a bad smell . I dont where I went wrong. Will not buy it again for sure.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2009 9:22:00 PM More reviews by PaintInPastel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really dislike thick creamy foundations, I mean they provide amazing coverage
but they leave me feeling sticky and afraid to touch my face, and I constantly have
to apply blot powder! Now this make up is far from sticky and oily, I must admit it doesn't provide the coverage that is ideal, but with a few dabs of concealer underneath
and voila you've got beautiful airbrushed skin, I do use a mineral powder over top to control oil and shine, it made my pores look smaller. I have to admit the first few times I used this product I hated it, just messy and I tried to use a sponge, but after you get the hang of it, it's a great inexpensive pick me up, I must admit 705(ivory) is a little dark on me, but I'm terribly fair, it gives me a nice little glow without the orange,pink or yellow streaky color! definatley natural and stay's put when used with powder
BEWARE: Will become greasy and melt off your face without a powder to set it

UPDATE- yeah so much for won't clog pores, AHAHAHA
it made my skin a mess! GROSS

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2009 12:32:00 PM More reviews by Alison56

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this makeup. The ivory is a perfect color match for me. My skin is dry, and the makeup is truly hydrating. No flaking or fading. I find that I need more coverage under the eye, tho, so I do use the CG Smoothers stick concealer along with the foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2009 3:54:00 PM More reviews by Tessa6996

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've used Cover Girl foundation before and I loved their product, it felt really natural on my skin. It didn't feel like I had make up on, wasn't cakey at all. The only thing I didn't like about it was the coverage didn't last very long, at the end of the day and I was ready to go out at night, I would have to re-apply CG's foundation. But other then that I would definately reccomend this product ! =)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2009 3:08:00 PM More reviews by rolanda

Who knew you had to go to the drugstore to find neutral-colored foundation? I've searched everywhere in high-end lines for a base that is not pink, orange, or yellow. The only one that comes close to matching my skin is Shesiedo, but much as I love that, it's pretty expensive. I saw this and figured "what the heck." And WOW! the color "Classic Beige" is actually BEIGE, not pink, not yellow, not orange. I am one happy camper. I can smear this on and my skin tone doesn't change to some sallow sickly yellow or wierd not-found-in-humans pink or orange. Though as a side note, has anyone else noticed the proliferation of orange human beings since the advent of self-tanners and bronzers? THey're everywhere and they always freak me out - orange is NOT a human skin color found in nature LOL. This is not moisturizing, but I always ignore the marketing bull on cosmetics items. It's quite good coverage, does not oxidize! and lasts all day. I don't think you can do better for a well priced, easily found foundation. I love it!!! EDIT: I forgot to add that this has a great natural finish and best of all, does NOT aggravate my perioral dermatitis.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2009 3:53:00 AM More reviews by rcgg1993

This is definitely my Go-To foundation . I am absolutely in love . It doesn't make you look like you have ANY makeup on whatsoever , yet it does a very good job of evening out skin tone . I use this with my Revlon Colostay Concealer &my Maybelline Finishing Veil after I put it on . Stayed ALL day &gave me a natural finish . I have combo skin &it didn't leave my skin oily but it didn't dry it out either . I would DEFINITELY recommend this product .

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2009 4:18:00 PM More reviews by K1SS_M3

I actually kind of like this product - I am currently on my 6th month of accutane and my skin is soooo dry and I have been experimenting with various new foundations because i can't use my normal mineral powder foundation that I used when my skin was oily and acne prone. This is similar to a tinted moisturizer but I like that when I sweat - it doesn't produce the skin coloured sweat like a tinted moisturizer does. It gives a sheer coverage. For more coverage I like the CG Aquasmooth which is also moisturizing.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/5/2009 4:30:00 AM More reviews by melissamathers258

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is called hydrating make-up, Dont think so for me!
Didnt do nothing for me it just made my skin looks worse and more dry then ever :( Good thing I only paid $5 for this!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2009 12:20:00 PM More reviews by j_fortier

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Yay!! I love this. I've been using this about a week and I'm so pleased. I've been using Bobbi Brown tinted moisturizer, which I really like, but I actually like this better, and it's about a quarter of the price! It's a bit more matte than the BB (which is a tad too greasy), and doesn't really live up to the "hydrating" hype, but I can conquer that with moisturizer. I find it stays put and doesn't change colors - 2 of my biggest concerns. Note that it's not a full coverage foundation, more like a TM. Today, someone at work told me I must be doing something different and it looked good - the makeup is the only thing I changed. It's a keeper.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2009 8:48:00 PM More reviews by ohwrite

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff surprised me. I usually use high end foundations, but have found this to work really well. I would describe it as light coverage. It moisturizes well and leaves my skin feeling kind of dewy; not powdery or dry at all. It covers my problems and looks natural; no pooling. My HE foundations pool more. No breakouts either.

Very happy with this!