Cover Girl CG Smoothers All Day Hydrating Makeup

3.7

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Talc, Sodium Chloride, Dimethicone Copolyol, Arachidyl Behenate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Stearic Acid, Ethylene Brassylate, Trihydroxystearin, Trisodium EDTA, Silica, Dimethicone, Synthetic Wax, Propylparaben, Barium Sulfate, Methicone, Aluminum Hydroxide, Laureth 7, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica

on 5/26/2009 12:54:00 PM

CoverGirl Smoothers is a liquid foundation that can be found anywhere makeup products are sold. It’s hook is that it is all day hydrating foundation (which is about 11 hours). It also says that it is fragrance free and won’t clog pores and I have to say, I agree! It is very light so you barely feel it at all after it’s applied and easily blends with your skin tone. Lately you see all the foundations out there are ‘mineral powder’ and I have tried those. The coverage for liquid foundation is much better and lasts much longer. The mineral powder foundations work for a short time and don’t always make the biggest difference but they are good if you don’t have a lot of time in the morning since they are so simple to apply. As with other liquid foundations it takes a few minutes to apply (maybe 2-5min) so if you are a hardworking mom with little time, I would suggest you use powder foundations. I also found CG Smoothers blends easily with skin tone but will only really last on more problemed areas (like a red spot from a zit) for about 3-5 hours. If you lean your head on your hand for a while, it does not come off and will last through the day.

on 4/21/2009 5:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I am in love and think I have found my HG...I'm 37 with good skin as far as lines go..ocasional breakouts. I've been wanting something with lighter coverage that doesn't give a caked on, worn look by the end of the day. This is perfect! Its a step above a tinted moisturizer as far as coverage goes...goes on so smooth and feels like heaven on your skin. I use shade 710--classic ivory and it is a dead on perfect match. I find that this will last throughout my day..no more long wear foundations for me that looked caked on after 8 hrs of wear. I get a soft, even finished better than my own skin natural look from this. Also this comes in a squeeze tube! yay...no more horrible revlon bottles that get contaminated. I wish I would have found this sooner!

on 4/19/2009 12:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I like this foundation! I do not care for heavy coverage and this gives coverage with a light hand. I like the packaging and the pointed tube like opening. It stays fresh on my normal to dry skin. For the price you can't go wrong.

on 4/19/2009 12:05:00 PM

I purchased this in natural ivory. It applies sheer to light coverage, which took me a few wears to get use to, I have always worn medium to heavier foundations, but I wanted to try a lighter foundation without shelling out a lot of money. It blends easily and smoothly with either a sponge, brush, or finger tips. I liked that it matched my skin tone nicely without looking too pink. I found it didn't cover any eye baggage or redness around the nostrils so I definitely required concealer which blended nicely over top of the foundation. I used the CG smoothers powder (see review) dusted over top to set the m/u. I have read many reviewers posts about how this product isn't hydrating, so I was quite surprised that I needed to constantly add blotting powder throughout the day, especially since I normally don't with other foundations.
After 8 to 10 hours of wear my face started to become cakey and my pores were very obvious on my cheeks and nose. Overall not a bad sheer to light foundation, but I wouldn't repurchase as I will try other brands for better results.

on 4/15/2009 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is my HG drugstore foundation. I have used it for years (I have now moved on to MAC's Studio Fix Fluid, but keep Smoothers in my purse for touch-ups). It's light weight and goes on smoothly. It really evens out my skin and doesn't settle into my pors or lines. If you don't have a lot of money to spend on makeup, I would definatly check this item out, it has a pretty good line of colors and it lasts a long time too!

on 4/15/2009 8:19:00 PM

I didnt understand whats wrong with it . First three months i tried , no coverage at all .And now it started giving a bad smell . I dont where I went wrong. Will not buy it again for sure.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I really dislike thick creamy foundations, I mean they provide amazing coverage
but they leave me feeling sticky and afraid to touch my face, and I constantly have
to apply blot powder! Now this make up is far from sticky and oily, I must admit it doesn't provide the coverage that is ideal, but with a few dabs of concealer underneath
and voila you've got beautiful airbrushed skin, I do use a mineral powder over top to control oil and shine, it made my pores look smaller. I have to admit the first few times I used this product I hated it, just messy and I tried to use a sponge, but after you get the hang of it, it's a great inexpensive pick me up, I must admit 705(ivory) is a little dark on me, but I'm terribly fair, it gives me a nice little glow without the orange,pink or yellow streaky color! definatley natural and stay's put when used with powder
BEWARE: Will become greasy and melt off your face without a powder to set it

UPDATE- yeah so much for won't clog pores, AHAHAHA
it made my skin a mess! GROSS

on 4/2/2009 12:32:00 PM

I love this makeup. The ivory is a perfect color match for me. My skin is dry, and the makeup is truly hydrating. No flaking or fading. I find that I need more coverage under the eye, tho, so I do use the CG Smoothers stick concealer along with the foundation.

on 3/14/2009 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I've used Cover Girl foundation before and I loved their product, it felt really natural on my skin. It didn't feel like I had make up on, wasn't cakey at all. The only thing I didn't like about it was the coverage didn't last very long, at the end of the day and I was ready to go out at night, I would have to re-apply CG's foundation. But other then that I would definately reccomend this product ! =)

on 3/14/2009 3:08:00 PM

Who knew you had to go to the drugstore to find neutral-colored foundation? I've searched everywhere in high-end lines for a base that is not pink, orange, or yellow. The only one that comes close to matching my skin is Shesiedo, but much as I love that, it's pretty expensive. I saw this and figured "what the heck." And WOW! the color "Classic Beige" is actually BEIGE, not pink, not yellow, not orange. I am one happy camper. I can smear this on and my skin tone doesn't change to some sallow sickly yellow or wierd not-found-in-humans pink or orange. Though as a side note, has anyone else noticed the proliferation of orange human beings since the advent of self-tanners and bronzers? THey're everywhere and they always freak me out - orange is NOT a human skin color found in nature LOL. This is not moisturizing, but I always ignore the marketing bull on cosmetics items. It's quite good coverage, does not oxidize! and lasts all day. I don't think you can do better for a well priced, easily found foundation. I love it!!! EDIT: I forgot to add that this has a great natural finish and best of all, does NOT aggravate my perioral dermatitis.