July 23, 2014 | 1258 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Rimmel - Gentle Eye Make Up Remover

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2009 10:55:00 PM More reviews by Savvy9

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This actually removes all of my eye make up. It's oil free so it doesn't feel greasy or leave a residue, but its gentle so there is no stinging feeling or itchy red lids after using.
The price is decent at around $6 and Rimmel is always having a bogo or discount somewhere.
I really like the hard plastic of the cap and the little spout keeps me from using too much and wasting it. A little goes a long way!
I wear contacts and have taken off my eye make up with my contacts still in with no discomfort.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2009 5:04:00 PM More reviews by mirandaugh

I like this product. I have been using the Clinique liquid eye makeup remover for quite some time and wanted to find a cheaper alternative. It is non irritating (doesn't sting, whereas I found the Clinique sometimes did) and seems to remove my makeup fairly well. I don't use waterproof makeup so I can't attest as to whether or not it's effective on that. I hate cream makeup removers so that's why I use liquid ones, and the Rimmel remover is not at all greasy. I'm liking it for now - we'll see if I go back to Clinique in the future.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/30/2009 7:06:00 PM More reviews by aleko

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

On the surface, this product may seem like a bargain. This is true only if you're not wearing waterproof mascara. Never have I worked so hard to get eyemake up off. Never have I been greeted by the racoon mask so many mornings. Don't let the big bottle and low price fool you, this stuff is water with a bit of sodium laureth in it, so it's like very weak shampoo water. It irritates my eyes and leaves my eye area dry and tight. Don't bother with this; especially when there are so many better alternatives.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2009 1:24:00 AM More reviews by eq2008

I love the packaging of this product. I don't have to unscrew the cap everytime to use this. It's a flip top. Anyway, I don't wear waterproof mascara or eyeliner so I can't say for sure how well this works for waterproof formula. It works great for my regular mascara and eyeliner and didn't leave an oily film. However, I noticed it's starting to make my eye area dry.....I think maybe because it has SLF in it which is pretty bad considering it's the eye area.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2009 7:10:00 PM More reviews by kriztene

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

There really isn't much to say about this makeup remover. It's nothing special; it removes basic eye makeup but it does not fully remover waterproof makeup like it claims. I do however like the packaging because its a good size and simple. I would repurchase because I rarely wear waterproof makeup and always have a heavy duty oily makeup remover for that anyway.
Price: $5.98 at Walmart

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2009 10:19:00 PM More reviews by cat070992

i actually really like this product.

Pros:
-takes off waterproof mascara
-is actually gentle
-don't need a lot of product to use

Cons:
-there are a little tiny bit of residue left
-i noticed at the very beginning my eyes burned a little, but i think it was due to my contacts so now i just take my contacts out beforehand
-the packaging is very small, so a little wasteful
-a little expensive for so little product

overall it does what it says it does and i would buy it again!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/29/2009 10:14:00 PM More reviews by Dolce222

On the label, it stated that it takes off waterproof eye make up....However, no matter how hard I rubbed it did not remove my waterproof mascara. I will definitely not be repurchasing this...

rated 1 of 5 on 9/13/2009 10:28:00 PM More reviews by lipstixrule

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Won't budge waterproof mascaras or basic liquid eyeliners. Really only good for removing eye shadow and non-waterproof mascaras.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/30/2009 8:04:00 AM More reviews by Aerialgirl

Generally I love Rimmel but I think this is one to avoid. Something in it is a little rough around the eye area (even if you don't have sensitive eyes) and it does take a couple of go-rounds to get everything off. I think Garnier does one that's better and just as cheap.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/23/2009 4:51:00 AM More reviews by ericanatropicana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this remover to try it and.... it does not work! It's just like water you have to scrub in order for even SOME of it to come off. DONT waste your money on this buy the Neutrogena one!