MAC Select SPF 15 Foundation

3.1

Active Ingredient:Octyl Methoxycinnamate Water (Aqua Purificata) Purified, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Octyl Methoxycinnamate, Talc, Butylene Glycol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Polydecene, Glyceryl Dilaurate, Tea-Isostearate, Tea-Stearate, Caprylyl Glycol, Kaolin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Pantethine, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Steareth-21, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Steareth-2, Perfluoropolymethylisopropyl Ether, Stearyl Alcohol, BHT, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben may contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

three words:
broke. me. out.

upon purchase i expressed my concerns in trying new foundations to the MUA wannabe. because, well, my skin rejects EVERYTHING. get this, the MANAGER came out to give me a pep talk all about the dermatologists that approve their products and the skins natural instinct to originally reject foundations but adjust (and stop rejecting them) around a month

does anyone else see how sketchy this is? return policy is 30 days. my skin is supposed to "adjust" by then??

anyways. i tried it. my chin was covered in acne the week after i started using this freaking foundation. and deep down i kinda knew it would be. i returned it.

WARNING: watch out for the makeup chihuahua's at your mac counter. they start barking and foaming out the mouth if you dare tell them THEIR product caused you're pores to inflame with irritation.

my point is: if you have sensitive, oily, acne prone skin don't purchase.

on 7/5/2010 1:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This product does not offer enough coverage for me. I will be returning it and exchanging it for my normal HG foundation, MAC Studio Fix fluid. Apparently this foundation works well for "younger skin" according to the sales associate, but my skin is in pretty excellent condition, and she recommended I use this, but it simply doesn't blend well for me and doesn't cover enough.

on 7/1/2010 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

For the quality, its cheap, the whole brand is cheap compared to other high end brands.

I think, cause its waterbased, it gives a little powdery finish, which i dont like. So therefor a third in grade. Doesnt have any staying power.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is my first "select" foundation... normally i use the "Studio Fix" and the "Mineralize Satinsfinsih" Foundation from this brand. Im very satisfied with the two foundations in the past, but i was very interested and i thought, maybe its fine for summer-time. I hate the mask-effect. So i decide to buy the select foundation. But im not satisfied. The coverage is too light for me. My T-Zone is shining after 1 hour. The color-shade is brighter as from the other two foundations... I always have NC37. But this foundation looks like a NC25. I will definitly not buy it again!

on 6/12/2010 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I'm still on the fence about this foundation. I like it, I really do. I think you get great coverage and it's cheap for the amount of foundation you're getting. Like all of the other reviews, the foundation looks great on for the first hour you have it on, as the time goes by your skin starts to get a little orange and by the end of the day, you're completely orange and look like you've dipped your face in a bucket of grease. I rarely get oily, so to have this much oil on my face even when I set the foundation with loose powder is bad news. I keep wanting to give it another try but everytime I do, the same thing happens.

on 6/8/2010 10:10:00 PM

I love mac foundations just because the colour matching is excellent, but my love affair with Select is fading.

I'm on my second bottle, but I've begun to notice that this foundation is a bit temperamental. If my skin is just so in terms of blemishes, etc., then it goes on smoothly and covers relatively well without too much product. But other times, when i apply it exactly the same way, it just looks like caked on tinted moisturizer.

Also (and this is my biggest problem with this foundation), it smears and melts and just doesn't stay put on my oily areas at all. It starts to slide around probably an hour and a half after I've applied it. Because its so melty it always "bunches" around my nose... collecting there and looking like an odd little foundation pool. I'm going to be trying it with a primer, but for the amount it melts around I'm skeptical a primer will stop it.

As for the bottle/lack-of-pump, it's never affected how I use the product. On the other hand, I know that this type of packaging is much more likely to get contaminated, so that's not fun.

Overall, its a fine foundation, especially if you don't need much coverage, but I'm going to try for something better, since I've heard raves about other products.

on 6/3/2010 10:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i bought this foundation 1.5 years ago, after i tried BB foundation, i stopped using it, because it has nothing to be compared with BB, but after i read some of the wonderful reviews on internet about this foundation, i decided to give it a try once again, and i still dont like it, the foundation feels really thick for me, and i have to blend the foundation quickly, unless it will dry out in a sec -_- and my skin will look oily in 2hrs. i decided to never ever try this foundation again, i hate it

on 6/3/2010 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is the ONLY mac foundation I can use on my sensitive skin without a major reaction. Great Stuff, but not alot of coverage. Very sheer and Nice. wish it had more spf (I live in South Florida) but 15's a start!!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is an okay foundation, depending on what you're looking for. It has light coverage so you still need a concealer after, but it doesn't sink into pores or cause breakouts. It is also is very light and not cakey or heavy at all. However, I have dry skin naturally but this foundation only made it worse. It didn't work for me but if you have normal skin, and want a light foundation just to even out your skintone this could work.

on 5/18/2010 12:14:00 AM

This is absolute garbage. It may work for some, but I bet Drug store foundations are better then this. It is so not worth the price, and it does not last all day. To me something like this should be more accurately called a tinted moisturizer.

The finish is nice and it looks very natural. But then about hour or 2 later it starts to melt off (i was inside and not even outside in the sun). It started to separate on my face and I could actually see it rub off on my fingers. YUCK. I will say that on my sensitive skin this caused no breakouts. If it stayed put, this would be awesome, but it just didnt work for me. I will stick with my MUFE face and body.