November 22, 2014 | 1953 users online

Liquid - MAC - Select SPF 15 Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 7/1/2010 10:33:00 AM More reviews by hairdessert

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

For the quality, its cheap, the whole brand is cheap compared to other high end brands.

I think, cause its waterbased, it gives a little powdery finish, which i dont like. So therefor a third in grade. Doesnt have any staying power.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/21/2010 5:21:00 AM More reviews by strawberryice77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my first "select" foundation... normally i use the "Studio Fix" and the "Mineralize Satinsfinsih" Foundation from this brand. Im very satisfied with the two foundations in the past, but i was very interested and i thought, maybe its fine for summer-time. I hate the mask-effect. So i decide to buy the select foundation. But im not satisfied. The coverage is too light for me. My T-Zone is shining after 1 hour. The color-shade is brighter as from the other two foundations... I always have NC37. But this foundation looks like a NC25. I will definitly not buy it again!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/12/2010 11:55:00 AM More reviews by gbeatrizzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm still on the fence about this foundation. I like it, I really do. I think you get great coverage and it's cheap for the amount of foundation you're getting. Like all of the other reviews, the foundation looks great on for the first hour you have it on, as the time goes by your skin starts to get a little orange and by the end of the day, you're completely orange and look like you've dipped your face in a bucket of grease. I rarely get oily, so to have this much oil on my face even when I set the foundation with loose powder is bad news. I keep wanting to give it another try but everytime I do, the same thing happens.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2010 10:10:00 PM More reviews by bristow

I love mac foundations just because the colour matching is excellent, but my love affair with Select is fading.

I'm on my second bottle, but I've begun to notice that this foundation is a bit temperamental. If my skin is just so in terms of blemishes, etc., then it goes on smoothly and covers relatively well without too much product. But other times, when i apply it exactly the same way, it just looks like caked on tinted moisturizer.

Also (and this is my biggest problem with this foundation), it smears and melts and just doesn't stay put on my oily areas at all. It starts to slide around probably an hour and a half after I've applied it. Because its so melty it always "bunches" around my nose... collecting there and looking like an odd little foundation pool. I'm going to be trying it with a primer, but for the amount it melts around I'm skeptical a primer will stop it.

As for the bottle/lack-of-pump, it's never affected how I use the product. On the other hand, I know that this type of packaging is much more likely to get contaminated, so that's not fun.

Overall, its a fine foundation, especially if you don't need much coverage, but I'm going to try for something better, since I've heard raves about other products.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/3/2010 10:43:00 AM More reviews by leverniz

i bought this foundation 1.5 years ago, after i tried BB foundation, i stopped using it, because it has nothing to be compared with BB, but after i read some of the wonderful reviews on internet about this foundation, i decided to give it a try once again, and i still dont like it, the foundation feels really thick for me, and i have to blend the foundation quickly, unless it will dry out in a sec -_- and my skin will look oily in 2hrs. i decided to never ever try this foundation again, i hate it

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2010 10:17:00 AM More reviews by ldyshallott

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the ONLY mac foundation I can use on my sensitive skin without a major reaction. Great Stuff, but not alot of coverage. Very sheer and Nice. wish it had more spf (I live in South Florida) but 15's a start!!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/28/2010 8:56:00 PM More reviews by livetodance37

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is an okay foundation, depending on what you're looking for. It has light coverage so you still need a concealer after, but it doesn't sink into pores or cause breakouts. It is also is very light and not cakey or heavy at all. However, I have dry skin naturally but this foundation only made it worse. It didn't work for me but if you have normal skin, and want a light foundation just to even out your skintone this could work.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/18/2010 12:14:00 AM More reviews by aamen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is absolute garbage. It may work for some, but I bet Drug store foundations are better then this. It is so not worth the price, and it does not last all day. To me something like this should be more accurately called a tinted moisturizer.

The finish is nice and it looks very natural. But then about hour or 2 later it starts to melt off (i was inside and not even outside in the sun). It started to separate on my face and I could actually see it rub off on my fingers. YUCK. I will say that on my sensitive skin this caused no breakouts. If it stayed put, this would be awesome, but it just didnt work for me. I will stick with my MUFE face and body.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2010 8:45:00 PM More reviews by PlaysWithMakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this about 2 months ago, and wanted to wait before I wrote a review. This is so far, my HG foundation!

First of all, this is the first foundation that matches me PERFECTLY. I'm a NC43 (and I notice that Select SPF15 foundation is the only foundation of MAC to offer this color). I've tried several other brands (not MAC) and the colors never matched me quite well. Fed up, I finally gave in and went to MAC.

Select SPF 15 is a medium coverage foundation. I have a slight pinkness to my skin, with yellow/golden undertones. I have some, not much, hyperpigmentation from old pimples/acne. This covers up great even though its a medium coverage foundation. It evens out my skin tone and gives my skin a warmth (NC is for those with a yellow/golden undertone).

I have normal/teeny bit oily on my nose/teeny bit dry on my chin/jaw area, and this doesn't make me oily nor does it dry me out. I'm not sure how it would work on oily skin tho. The staying factor is all day, when I set it with MSF natural powder (medium dark). I do blot once day only, usually around lunch time.

This provides a natural finish, not matte not shiny, not shimmery/luminous, nor is it "dewy". Just.. a natural finish. It really looks like I'm not wearing any foundation, which is my goal when using foundation.

The cost is $26, with no pump (you can buy a pump for $6 separately, and just reuse the pump when you buy another bottle). I would say its worth it because who knows how much $$ I spent looking for a good foundation that matches and makes me look natural. And I use probably 1 and 1/2 pumps for my face, so I can see this bottle lasting me a while. I've had it for two months, and I use foundation 6 days out of the week, and it hasn't even put a dent it in, it appears.

I've played around with applying it, and I've found that the best way is with a slightly damp (not too damp) sponge. I usually just spray my sponge with a little evian spray (you probably could just get an empty spray bottle and put good ol water in it). I pump some foundation on the back of my hand, dip the sponge, then stipple all over my face. The results look airbrushed. Its literally like my sponge is an eraser and I see my pinkness and hyperpigmentation disappear! I've tried with a flat foundation brush and it comes out streaky. I've tried with my sephora 55 brush and stipple but It seems to come out not as good as when I use a slightly damp sponge. Using your fingers are okay too, especially when you're in a rush. It doesn't dry too fast too, so you have enough time to blend.

It is a water based foundation, which is good for my skin. It doesn't clog up my pores (I admit I wash my face twice a day with a deep cleanser) so no break outs or bad skin reaction.

The only con I see, if I had to list something, is that because this foundation is hat because its water based, you do have to shake the bottle well prior to using. Other than that, this is my HG foundation :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2010 8:59:00 AM More reviews by ns4487

I quite like this foundation. I have tried every foundation under the sun, and was looking for one that:
(a) didn't oxidise
(b) didn't look too cakey
(c) DIDN'T BREAK ME OUT OR CLOG PORES!

This MAC foundation delivered: first of all, I am NW20, and this matched my skin tone perfectly...finally, I found one that matched! Secondly, I don't find that this foundation breaks me out or oxidises (however, I dont wear foundation daily, 1-3 times a week if that so dont know how it would be different if i wore it everyday). Once it goes on, it stays on and doesn't slide, but can look a bit cakey by the end of the day. That being said, when I go to work, I apply it at 8am in the morning, and dont take it off until about 8pm and it holds up really nicely for those 12 hours. Most foundations for my skin have worn off long before then, or started to look patchy (note, this is when applied with pressed powder over the top - although I only do this once in the morning, and the foundation doesn't get shiny throughout the day).

I find it can be hard to apply, as you need to do it quickly or it drys out. Additionally, it really annoys me that for the price, MAC dont include a pump: don't we pay enough for the product to deserve a pump?! It does however provide me with enough coverage to not look super heavy, but to hide all of my skin flaws. I wish I could wear a sheer foundation, but they just don't provide enough coverage. I was wearing clinique superfit foundation before this, and this MAC foundation runs rings around it in terms of staying power and coverage...until I find another alternative, I'm sticking with it!