April 20, 2014 | 1545 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Cils Booster XL

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2010 10:00:00 PM More reviews by bleuday

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

There's a reason there's a 70% repurchase rate (at the time of this review).

Been using Cils XL forever and it makes a huge difference no matter your mascara ..... was a die hard Cils XL and Diorshow girl for at least two years (a record).

But the new Oscillation primer is the absolute bomb, and if you can spare a few extra bucks, it's like Cils XL squared. Double the bang of this baby, and that's saying a lot.

I know a lot of people have trashed the whole oscillating thang, but it really is worth the money for special occasions.

Cils XL is the best if you want to stay in this price point.

Caution: if you can get a tube of the Oscillation just once, you may not go back.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2010 5:18:00 PM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

in a regular mascara tube, goes on a bit on the drier side and is white. i applied the mascara right away and it still got clumpy. i had to pick through it more than i usually would. makes my lashes look longer but not sure if its a good thing-sort of looks spidery? i am going to keep trying. maybe i just need to try it with another mascara...?

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2010 3:24:00 PM More reviews by bballlover

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

This mascara gives me the extra boost I need! It lengthens really well and looks like I'm wearing false eyelashes. Even my fiance noticed the difference! I wish it was a little less expensive but I'm definitely going to get this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2010 1:32:00 PM More reviews by misskeikei

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It does make a difference to your mascara when applied straight afterwards. I was surprised and I have never used a mascara primer before, didnt feel the need and have always been a bit skeptical about them.

But now its one of my must haves! I felt it made mascaras less clumpy, this was seemed true when applied after YSL Fffet-Faux-Cils mascara.

I like to combine this with the perfect Lancome Hypnose mascara for beautifully framed eyes. It is expensive and I hope it will last me a long time and not dry up! The packaging as ever by Lancome is perfect.

- KK. =^_^= .v.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2010 12:18:00 PM More reviews by JuicyGirlx33

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

-makes lashes fuller and longer

rated 3 of 5 on 3/9/2010 3:26:00 PM More reviews by abusleb

It was ok but it totally dried up my Definicils Pro mascara which I had bought recently and it didn't make that much of a difference to my lashes so I returned it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2010 4:23:00 PM More reviews by cetoyant23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

i think this stuff is amazing it doesn't look too white going on, the product isn't too thick at all or too wet, i apply it, wait a bit while setting my brows, and theenn i apply my full n soft or my oscillation mascara & find that my asian eyelashes look waayyy too good to be true, it does get a bit clumpy sometimes, so its always good to comb them out a bit towards the tip, unless you like that spidery look, but i like to use old mascara wands that i rinse out, cuz the bristles do an excellent job at separating :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2010 9:08:00 PM More reviews by wwidgirl

I bought this at Murale for about $35 canadian I think. I have short dinky asian lashes. My lashes looked AMAZING when the MUA put this on them with some lancome mascara. It was as if I was wearing fake lashes. Although the MUA put way more mascara on me than I would at home and as a consequence it smudged onto my lower eyelid later on in the day.

I use it at home with a mac studio fix mascara and it works fine. It makes mascara clump so I usually have to brush through the clumps with a dry mascara brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2010 10:14:00 PM More reviews by DragonRhia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I received this as an extra in a swap and find it absolutely fabulous! I have been using it for a month now. I even did an experiment with Estee Lauder's lash primer over the month to see which one I liked better. I used EL lash primer on one eye and Lancome on the other and then did my eyes as usual with whatever mascara/liner/shadow/etc. Oh, and my lashes are short, somewhat thick and have no natural curl in them. This was the winner. Both primer's are great, btw. However, when comparing the two:

quick-even coating of lashes - Lancome
comes off with my usual removal routine - both
keeps my mascara from smudging/flaking/etc - both
thickens lashes - both
brush ability to separate lashes - Lancome
hold curl with lash curler - Lancome holds longer and stronger than EL
curls lashes (w/o lash curler) - Lancome
packaging quality - both the same
Lacome price $22
EL price $18.50
I could not find the actual weight of these in full size no matter how hard I looked! :(

I plan on buying this in full size as soon as I can. Oh, and just for an extra tid-bit of information....the gwp size of both of these....my Lancome is going strong and my EL is starting to fizzle out and both were new when I got them and I've used them the same amount.

This earned a lippie all on its own for curling my lashes without using a lash curler as I really HATE using them.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2010 2:29:00 AM More reviews by DrummersWife

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Great product. It does what it says it will do, and has worked for me in tandem with Lancome mascara and also with other brands.