Lancome Cils Booster XL

Aqua/Water/Eau, Oryza Sativa Cera/Rice Bran Wax, Cera Carnauba/Carnauba Wax/Cire De Carnauba, Cera Alba/Beeswax/Cire D'abeille, Stearic Acid, Candelilla Cera/Candelilla Wax/Cire De Candelilla, Triethanolamine, Palmitic Acid, Acacia Senegal/Acacia Senegal Gum, Panthenol, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Propylparaben, PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone, Methylparaben, Simethicone, Rayon, Polyquaternium-10, Tocopheryl Acetate, Polycaprolactone.

on 8/1/2010 3:49:00 AM

I am pissed at this mascara base and pissed off at myself for giving in and spend $42.50 to buy the freaken Lush lash set from Nordstrom. I heard a lot of good reviews on it so i decided to buy it without trying it first. Stupid, i know. The freaken cilis booster xl mascara base sucked and did nothing for my lashes. In fact it weighed down my lashes, even after i curled my lashes with an eye lash curler. After applying the mascara base, and seeing that my lashes have fallen back into their normal state, which was straight downward pointing, i didn't even want to apply the mascara anymore. And when i did apply the Hypnose mascara, I wanted my money back. Sooooo bad. Even when i applied the mascara without the base, i was still disappointed. I just wish i had read more reviews before i bought it. My advice is that if you have very straight stubborn lashes and most mascaras don't give your lashes a lift, you WILL be disappointed if you buy this, because it will make your lashes droopy. I warned you. Now, how am i ever going to finish up the freaken mascara base and the hypnose mascara? So mad.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I haven't had a really noticeable different when using this primer. It also doesn't hold my curl at all, so by the time I'm ready to apply my mascara over this, my lashes have already straightened out again. It also clumps very easily.

on 7/17/2010 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Of two minds about this product. have used with both diorshow blackout and hypnose.

CONS: straightens my lashes dead straight after curling with a mascara wand. makes the lashes clumpy and agree with others that it looks a bit spidery.
PROS: first product ever (!!) that does not cause my mascara to give me raccoon eyes and believe you me i've tried every mascara under the sun. maybe it's always because i have always needed a primer. does make my lashes look a bit fuller and longer.

will not be buying again as i have very straight lashes and love to have that curled look, but will be using the rest of the tube/wand as it was $27...

definitely recommend testing this product first before paying for it.

on 7/7/2010 4:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this mascara base for 4 years now and I love it. It is my HG mascara base. I've tried Shiseido's The Mascara Base and I did not like it at all. This is a bit pricey but totally worth it for boosting whatever drugstore mascara you're layering over it. This product looks white on the wand but it's actually invisible when applying it. Must be some kind of magic... Anyway, it really lengthens your lashes and gives volume. This makes any crappy mascara look great.... well maybe not any... but most.

on 6/19/2010 10:42:00 PM

This products irritated my eyes plus it drooped my eyelashes...def will not buy again....waste of money. lancome mascaras overall are just overhyped....and arent that good

on 6/17/2010 7:35:00 PM

This is nearly neck to neck with my Smashbox primer, which is my HG of all mascara primers. It works well and helps give clean definition and length. A little more pricey, but it is worth it.

on 6/5/2010 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I LOOOOOOOOVE Lancome mascaras....................but the price tag is just too ridiculous. I use mascara and primer every day, and replace every 3 months, so its just not realistic for me to spend $30 bucks a tube on an ongoing basis. That being said, this primer has it all...great formula, great brush, makes any mascara look like falsies.

on 6/4/2010 2:48:00 PM

Used the sample and love it so far! Makes my lashes super long and thick when paired with my favorite Lancome mascaras (Courbe and Definicils). Tried even with a Clinique mascara sample and looks fab.

on 5/21/2010 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

please understand this is great, I honestly feel people who say it is not must either be onto a really good primer that costs like 50 quidies or not using it properly. It is a creamy white primer and when applied it should be coated over the lashes completely.I find the key is not to apply the mascara straight away or it will just take off some of the primer on your mascara brush so you do not get the full effect. However, you must also not let it dry or it will be clump-o-rama and make lashes feel brittle and mascara will not apply evenly. What I do is apply primer on 1 eye then the other, then quickly zig zag the base returning to the first eye and then do the second. There is a noticeable difference when I use this, my lashes are so long that once I went to Oxford street london and no lie, everyone kept stopping me to tell me I had beautiful eyes. Once I ran out of this and I made my boyfriend run to a department store (I live in Knightsbrige, London...PHEEWWW) to get me 1 as I refused to go out. This is how much this primer means to me, it is a necessity. I am not even lying when I say I have dreams and even in my dreams I am wearing this.

on 4/19/2010 7:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

If you have a few mascaras lying around that clump, make your lashes dry, or don't do the things that they promise to do, you can avoid throwing them in the dustbin by using this primer! After using this, the mascara glides on so easily and my lashes look much longer, no clumps no flaking. I think I will use this forever. The packaging isn't very high quality but the brush is good, and since it's only a primer I find it good that it doesn't take up too much space in my makeup bag.