August 29, 2014 | 1340 users online

Hair Treatments - Nexxus - Emergencee Strengthening Polymeric Reconstructor

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2007 1:02:00 AM More reviews by lannielanlan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is probably the best kind of hair treatment I have used so far, well at least one that actual helps keep its moisture for at least two weeks and improve its strength. I have only used for a month so far (once every two weeks), but I have seen an improvement and excited to use it again this month. However, I do find that it is cheaper to just use foil instead of a heating cap or maybe I'm just too lazy to go find a heating cap. Well anyways, I shampoo my hair then I rinse, saturate my hair with the Emergencee, wrap my hair in foil and blowdry for 10 minutes. Then leave it in for a additional 5 minutes while it's still warm. Rinse (it is normal for hair to feel dry). Use an extreme moisturizing conditioner, wrap hair in foil, and blowdry for 10 minutes and 5 additional minutes while it's still warm. (Boy, my hands were tired of holding the blowdrier!) Finally, rinse with cold water to keep the moisture and style. BAM! Shiner, shofter and healthier hair!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2007 5:16:00 PM More reviews by femme_mystique

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Sadly, it is like finding a Tahitian pearl in Sacramento, CA finding anymore large sizes of this anymore. I am down to my very last bottle and then it's off to the world wide web. I am so in love with this product it saddens me that Nexxus sold out. Because they are not salon only status, it can be purchased anywhere at a buyer beware disclaimer. This is magic for hair. It really is for "hopelessly damaged" hair. I have done everything wrong to my hair without losing it. Perm, colour, extensions, flat iron, heat at 1700 mw and so on. It has yet to let me down in a pinch. I even recommended it for my friend who has black straight asian wiry hair and she died it platinum blonde without it melting, and her hair is to her mid back.. Hate to see this product be discontinued.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2007 10:37:00 AM More reviews by liaxoxo

I bought this product based on the reviews I had seen here. Like many who posted my hair has been dyed more times than I can count and I use a flat iron everyday so its way past a point of repair and I've used pretty much every product out there to try and repair it. When I used this product I was very generous with it and I kept it on my hair for about 10 minutes even though the directions say only 1-2. I then conditoned it with Aussie 3 Minute Deeeep and let it air dry and then flat ironed it the next day. I could tell already when I was straightening it that my hair had more life to it and the texture was different. When I usually straighten it it takes forever to make some pieces straight because there so dry and I wind up having to go over them a million time which makes it even more dry, but this time even the dryest parts of my hair that usually give me trouble were alot easier to go over. I think it's probably a product that you have to use routinely to get the complete results, but even though I have only used this once I can already tell its improving.

***UPDATE***

I used it again last night, even though the bottle says to use it once every two weeks, and my hair is so noticeably softer. The texture is amazing.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2007 5:25:00 PM More reviews by avalonia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I think this has been reformulated. I got this first 2 years ago from Trade Secret and it was magic on my very curly highlighted hair. Made it sooo silky and shiny (I left on for 10-15 min with a heat cap and then used L'Oreal Nature's Therapy as a moisturizer afterwards). All the damage from coloring my hair seemed to be gone. So then it was gone from Trade Secret and I bought this at some salon. And used this and even though it made my hair feel softer, the results weren't the same as before. But I'll stick with it because it still makes an improvement.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2007 10:35:00 PM More reviews by MsLove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

5 thumbs up. One of the most effective treatments to strengthen damaged hair strands, and my favorite protein treatment. Not too heavy, not too light. You an get a more intense treatment by adding heat and leaving it in longer. I always follow with a deep moisturizing treatment. After using this, my hair is gently restored to a stronger state. I would highly recommend for someone that uses lots of heat (weekly/daily blowdrying or flat ironing). It will SAVE your hair from thinning out to nothing near the bottom ends. Have purchased this magic potion before and will continue to purchase this as long as Nexxus continues to sell it.

Works with heat, also works just as effectively without heat. I ALWAYS follow up with a moisturizing, protein-free conditioner afterwards (e.g., Matrix Biolage, Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose, Tresseme Moisture, etc.)

Update: 5/3/2011 - Still a faithful user of this product. Everytime I am about to forget about it, and something goes wrong (e.g., I get heat crazy) I pull this out and my hair is repaired. It doesnt build new hair, but it does keep what you have hanging on pretty darn well. Also, I use the professional version of this, called Aloxxi Polymedic Emergency Reconstructor. This is also made by Nexxus and is a much better value.

Update: 8/2/2013 - Still using it. Still amazing. I use this on my natural hair and my curls POP after! I always still follow with a deep moisturizing treatment like Kenra Moisturizing or Matrix Ultra Hydrating Conditioning Balm.

Update 10/23/13 - So I got crazy with flat ironing my hair and damaged it. Bad. No curls when wet, and when I flat ironed felt hard, not soft or bouncy or swingy with no sheen or shine. One use of this, followed by Matrix Conditioning Balm for hydration/moisture, and the curls, bounce, and swing is back. I will love this magic potion forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2007 5:33:00 PM More reviews by PennyA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

My hair: fine, long, colored (red), naturally curly (I get it blow-dried straight once a week), fine, dry with damaged ends. Due to the constant coloring/straightening for the last 6 years, my hair is quite distressed and has "lost" its wave at the bottom half - even when I let it air dry & apply some curl-enhancing styling product, the last 15cm remain straight.

The process: Combined several MUA members' suggestions. Shampooed twice with Aveda Detoxifier to get rid of build-up, towel-dried my hair, applied Emergencee (a bit less than 2 handfuls), made sure it covered all my hair, put on a shower cap, applied medium heat with a hair-dryer for 30 secs, wrapped a towel & left it for 40mins. Rinsed, shampooed with a organic, moisturizing shampoo (I Provenzali Erboristico ai Semi di Lino - bought in Italy), rinsed. Then I mixed in a plastic bottle 2 tbspoons of wheatgerm oil with Henna Plus Natural Conditioner (organic, Dutch brand) & a teaspoon of Nexxus Aloxxi Color Infuser (Copper) to compensate for any color that would be stripped. Left the conditioner for 40mins and rinsed. Since I wanted to keep my hair silicone-free this time, instead of applying any styling product, I just rubbed a few drops of wheatgerm oil in my hands, applied it in my hair & left it to air dry.

The result: My damaged ends are definitely repaired. The waves are not restored at the bottom half but I did not expect many years of damage to be repaired in one go. My hair feels very silky and soft and I know it's not just because of the deep conditioning because I never had similar results in the past with deep conditioning masks. The hair would feel softer but the ends would still be brittle and lifeless.

Overall the product seems to keep its promises. I will update after I have used it for a couple more times to see what the longterm effects are.

UPDATE: I have used it 5-6 times by now (roughly every 15 days) and I am very satisfied with the way my hair look and feel afterwards. Although it does not seem to restore my natural "curliness", the ends look and feel healthy and it helped delay cutting my hair for at least 6 weeks. So I will keep using it and will purchase when the bottle is over.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2007 1:33:00 AM More reviews by pinky206

I just used Emergencee for the first time and my hair looks and feels awesome!! I left it on in the shower for about 10 minutes with a shower cap, then shampooed with Brocato Splassh, then deep conditioned with Jessicurl's Too Shea using heat (micro cap) for 20 minutes. The results were great! You can't beat the price, it is easy to find, I will definitely repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2007 11:49:00 AM More reviews by Hyperduckz3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I actually really like this stuff. My hair is A LOT more manageable after using this. I actually tried it out for the first time earlier this morning. I blow dried my hair & instantly noticed a difference (shinier & healthier looking!). Then I straigtened it (even more shiney!). Then curled the ends (i know i put my hair through hell, but why do you think I bought this stuff in the first place???). Now my hair looks great! I will update later on after I have used this a couple more times.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2007 9:54:00 PM More reviews by BlackandBeautiful

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love this product! I am Afr-Am with 4C relaxed hair. I washed my hair, rinsed it, and put in the Emergencee. I put a plastic cap on my hair and covered that with a towel. After 1 hour, I rinsed out the Emergencee and used a moisturizing conditioner (Humectress) with a plastic cap and towel again. After 1 hour, I rinsed out conditioner. The result was fabulous silky hair. My hair is shiny, and my highlights look better than ever! It's a bit pricey for a small bottle, but it's worth it!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2007 12:01:00 PM More reviews by cherylt

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Simply put: the best save-your-hair product that can be purchased OTC.
My hair is colored with a level 9 blonde & I blowdry and iron daily, so I've got a fair amount of damage. Throw some summer sun & pool chlorine in, and the breakage happens. This stuff STOPPED the breakage, and made my hair feel soft and healthy again. I use it twice a month (since I color approx 1x per month, I always use this 2 days before color). Saturate your hair, cap it, I like to heat for 10 minutes or so but you don't need to, rinse and then coat your hair with a super-rich conditioner for 10 minutes or so. You can see and feel a big difference.
For $12.99 @ CVS, this is a GREAT buy, since 1 salon protein treatment of comparable quality will run you $30-$40 and a small bottle of this lasts me about 4 treatments. I'll repurchase as long as they keep making it.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No