October 1, 2014 | 954 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Eucerin - Aquaphor Healing Ointment

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2012 3:48:00 PM More reviews by Sileny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I started accutane and my lips were dried out horribly and no chapstick I had would work, even the vegan ones made from a bunch of butters weren't cutting it. A coworker who had been on accutane recommended this for me to use on my lips and on my skin that cracked underneath my lips. When I saw the ingredients, I wasn't impressed because it's such an old formula with petroleum and mineral oil as the 2 biggest ingredients. Though, it's a formula fantastic for sensitive skin.

She insisted I get it, so I did, and it was the best purchase I ever made for my skin and lips. After one day that horribly cracked patch of skin is nearly healed! I am so happy because the pain and itch are gone. My lips are as good as new. It's a thick, clear gel so it stays on your lips and skin for hours, so my skin was able to heal without reapplying every 10 minutes, like with other chapsticks I was using. This might replace my nivea cream I have used since childhood as my nighttime balm for my lips because it's clear and so I won't look like a weirdo with thick, white lips. The winters are harsh here so I think I found my skin protector to survive the subzero windchills and high wind speeds while working outdoors.

My biggest con is that it's extremely oily, but that's what I wanted in this case. If you don't like the greasy feeling, I'd suggest looking elsewhere. It's a life saver ever since I started accutane.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2012 2:33:00 AM More reviews by gracymacy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

HG for everything. i use this on my lips before lipstick, as a every-other-night face moisturizer, on my elbows, heels, you name it! great stuff. never breaks me out, just moisturizes like a BOSS! i would die without this!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2012 1:28:00 AM More reviews by kimberlyann

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Aquaphor is a godsend! It has so many uses, it's just great. The healing ointment comes in either a jar with a screw-top lid and a squeeze tube (different sizes). I have used both. I prefer the squeeze tubes because I believe it's more sanitary. I was reccommended this by my doctor a few years back when I did an Accutane course (the medication dries your skin out greatly).
----------
I use this primarily to hydrate my dry lips, but other times I will use it on dry patches that might appear on my face. It's a great formula; it absorbs well and hydrates accordingly.
----------
Just a tip: if you really like the stuff, I suggest buying the mini squeeze tubes for on-the-go purposes! It's about the size of a lip gloss or chapstick. Great addition to your bag/tote! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2012 10:24:00 PM More reviews by bludvls849

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have the driest hands ever. EVER. I slather this all over my hands morning noon and night and it keeps them moisturized. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2012 11:36:00 AM More reviews by Sharon51

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I received this in a swap. I love it. It heals quickly and being in a tube you don't have to dip your fingers in it. I really don't like having to dip my fingers into stuff. I will buy this stuff--in fact I may stock up on it in case it is discontinued.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2012 12:21:00 PM More reviews by Hwolfy66

This is an amazing product! I have extremely dry, flaky lips, and when I use Aquaphor, it totally combats the dryness. I use this before I go to bed.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2012 10:16:00 PM More reviews by smurfettesg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have seen this product used to heal burn patients its amazing

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2012 10:04:00 PM More reviews by nativetrees

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

this is my little beauty secret. it has so many uses: for lips, dry spots on my face, nails, hands, feet, eyes. even though it is an ointment, i've used this as a night cream when my skin is feeling particularly flaky and dry (from retin-a), and i wake up with more moisturized skin. it does not cause breakouts or clogged pores. i probably use this the most for my eyes and lips. my eye area gets really dry after i cleanse, but this gets them moisturized in a pinch. i also feel like this "conditions" my eyelashes and it makes my mascara go on more smoothly, if that makes any sense. this may also be my favorite "lip balm". i put some on, then blot my lips to get some of the excess off so it's not too greasy, and my lips are so supple and soft.

the tub has more product in it, but it's more sanitary to get the tube. plus the tube is easier to squeeze the product out.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2012 12:58:00 AM More reviews by 8ubble6umpink

I use it after I wash my teeth on my lips and then put on lipstick. I like it instead of Vaseline.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2012 11:40:00 PM More reviews by iamlizlemon

I have extremely dry skin on my face & this product is a godsend. I reiterate what everyone else says, it somehow protects & moisturizes without clogging pores or causing breakouts. I also buy the "baby" packaged version because it is cheaper. When I first heard about using Aquaphor on my face to heal dry winter skin, I looked at the ingredients and thought, mineral oil? ceresin? lanolin alcohol? glycerin? bisabolol? Why on earth would I put a product on my face that has all that extra junk in it when I can just put straight petrolatum (vaseline) on it? I thought I was being so darn smart. Well, vaseline clogged my pores & broke me out. There's something weird about Aquaphor & its mysterious extra ingredients that makes it better. Serves me right for thinking I know better when I don't.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No