St. Ives Apricot Scrub

3.6

Price: $

Price: $

Invigorating- Ingredients-Water (Aqua), Juglans Mandschurica Shell Powder (Walnut), Glyceryl Stearate SE, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Zea Mays Kernel Meal (Corn), Cetyl Alcohol, Linoleamide DEA, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Lanolin Oil, Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil (Apricot), Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Primula Veris Extract, Helianthus Annuus Extract (Sunflower), Chamomilla Recutita Extract (Matricaria), Ceteareth 20, Polysorbate 60, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance (Parfum), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) ***Oily/acne prone- Ingredients-Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%) (For treatment of acne) Inactive Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Juglans Regia (Walnut) Shell Powder, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Zea Mays (Corn) Kernel Meal, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cetyl Alcohol, Trithanolamine, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Extract, Primula Veris Extract, Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Carbomer, Ceteareth 20, Cetyl Acetate, Polysorbate 60, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) 6/1/09

on 4/7/2014 7:51:00 PM

I preferred the old formula as I liked the scent of the old formula better. Still works the same. I use this on my upper arms and it works great.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

For a the *idiots* saying it's "too harsh" The trick to this product is to not over massage your skin with it, of course do SOME rubbing, but not to much..use it more as a leave on, especially if you have sensitive skin.

Excellent product. I've used it 2 years and it helps my acne a lot. I'll always repurchase.

on 4/3/2014 7:48:00 PM

this is one of those products that I keep coming back to. everytime I the Walgreens or Target version of this, my skin riots. It knows the real thing and that's all it wants! I can always rely on this face scrub along with Burt's Bees deep cleansing cream to keep my face clear. happy user for almost 10 years :)

on 4/3/2014 4:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Ouch! This stuff is harsh! My skin is normally really good, but this made my skin so red. :( I'm going to stick to chemical exfoliators.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use this as my every day scrub. My skin is oily and blackhead-prone, and since I started using this, my blackhead problem has improved for sure, which I'm positive is in conjunction with a few different products, but definitely including this one. I don't like to feel like I'm over-exfoliating, so I only use this at night. The price is great, and it comes in two different packaging depending on your preference (I'd go with the squeeze tube).

on 4/2/2014 7:16:00 AM

Best scrub I have ever used! I have extremely sensitive, dry skin and this is great for buffing off the dead skin, instant results from the first use! I use this every time I shower and I come out smelling great and my face is always so soft and flake free! I can always apply my makeup smoothly afterwards! Just great:) I would recommend this to everyone! Of all skin types:D

on 4/2/2014 3:05:00 AM

I tried this awhile ago at the urging of a friend and I discovered I did not like this product. It aggravated my skin and acne, and I felt like I was somehow spreading my acne gunk all over my face. It's a shame because I loved the smell a lot. I know it works well for some people, but not me. A word of caution though. Apparently exfoliating with apricot shells is like rubbing gravel on your face, and I was reading about how microbeads (which are gentler to the skin, which I'd prefer to use) are bad for the environment. So both of those things stink a lot. But apparently at home products like oatmeal, rice, or sugar make for a friendlier alternative.

The concept is great. St. Ives is a brand that uses more natural ingredients than a lot of other products, which is great. But...there is a huge problem. It has those bits of crushed, jagged apricot seeds that actually cause microscopic cuts in your skin, which causes further aggravation of the skin. Personally, when I used it, it tended to dry out my face, and since then, I've found better, greener products that clean my pores, without the added chemicals dryness and irritation this product causes.

on 3/26/2014 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

Love this stuff. I have an olay face brush that i use, but with this scrub I don't need to use it to get the soft skin I get from the brush. I wouldn't use this scrub every day though. Maybe twice a week. It can irritate my sensitive skin and make it a little red in some areas. But it scrubs off all the dead skin.

on 3/25/2014 10:32:00 PM

definitely holy grail product! i love this scrub so much! it makes my skin very soft and clears it up and makes it feel very exfoliated. i do have dry/sensitive skin so i don't use it every day but i use it twice a week and it does the job well! couldn't say enough good things about this product!

Popular Scrubs