July 29, 2014 | 1503 users online

Scrubs - St. Ives - Apricot Scrub

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 8/20/2013 1:48:00 PM More reviews by RomanXI

This scrub is alright. It doesn't particularly do anything. You could exfoliate with a brush it would do the same job. The smell isn't particularly nice, the product itself isn't something special, its more of a pointless pamper product, but unless its necessary I wouldn't waste money on this.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/16/2013 7:47:00 PM More reviews by misscoutureland

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The scrub itself is ok, it makes your skin feels nice and smooth, however i feel the beads in this are way to harsh, as people have said below this could definitely cause tears in the skin. Also the ingredients are not that great, alcohol etc.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2013 6:34:00 PM More reviews by Complectus

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I used this scrub for over two years and thought it was great, it makes your face feel clean and smooth but there are some very bad things about it. The beads in this scrub cause microscopic tears on your skin, which is certainly not good..
You should only use scrubs with plastic beads on your face and only use this on rougher skin on your body.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2013 12:04:00 AM More reviews by MiddleCyclone

I can't rave enough about this scrub.

Why I love it:

- it's perfect for body and face
- it preps legs amazingly for shaving and leaves my legs silky smooth
- it preps underarms amazingly for shaving and prevents the little shaving bumps
- it makes my facial skin less oily
- it has made all my acne scars disappear
- I find it works one thousand times better than a super expensive spa microdermabrasion treatment and the super expensive Demalogica Microfoliant
- it's cheap and easy to find
- one jar of it lasts for awhile
- it is perfect for sensitive skin
- doesn't irritate or cause redness

I absolutely love it! This is a staple in my skin care routine.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2013 12:59:00 PM More reviews by glam1012

I don't know what you ladies are talking about because this is amazing. Every St Ives product I've tried it is just AWESOME. This scrub is to scrub away dead skin cells.. they have scrubs for sensitive skin as well which I adore. They are also very cheap - only 3-4 dollars!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/3/2013 12:59:00 AM More reviews by abbycdefg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Yea, no. This is just no. I have never had problems with any product breaking my skin out, but this was just oh my lord no. My bf bought this for a body exfoliator, and I use it for that and like it just fine. But I made the ridiculous decision to try it on my face, and the next day both of my cheeks from my jawline to cheekbone were covered in these big, skin-colored bumps. They weren't red or painful, just really dry-feeling. It felt like they were blisters that were about to pop. I was so scared my entire face was going to peel off. I didn't leave the house for 3 days until they started to disappear. Seriously, I called out of work. Vain? Maybe, but you should have seen it.

I use this to exfoliate my lips because they get peel-y, and it works well for that. Now that I think about it, I'm scared to accidentally ingest some. If it did that to my skin, who knows what kind of havoc it could wreak on my insides.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/2/2013 11:34:00 PM More reviews by whereismymind59

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Gosh this stuff is so awful for your skin I cant even believe its still allowed on the shelves! I took a facial class, and a product knowledge class for cosmetics and learned how harmful this product is to your skin! So many professionals say you might as well scrub your face with shards of glass because that is basically what your are doing with this product.

The apricot in the scrub is made from ground up apricot pits...yes the hard pit. You might not see it but when you scrub this on your skin its damaging it. The ground up pits are not round and smooth, they are rough and jagged. This stuff dries your skin out, and will cause premature wrinkles. Also, because it is so harsh a lot of people can get really red and irritated after just one use. I used to use this stuff when I was in high school because I didnt know any better and even then I had to stop because it just felt wayyy to harsh to be using on the skin.

Treat your face a little nicer and use something more gentle, for a little bit more exfoliation use it in conjunction with an exfoliation pad.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2013 11:13:00 PM More reviews by shellstah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've heard all the issues about it being abrasive but I personally think it's working fine for my skin. I haven't seen any negative issues on my skin from using the scrub and I mainly use this on my nose to reduce the size of my pores. I probably would repurchase this after I'm done all my other exfoliants if I am unable not satisfied with any of the ones I plan to use after I run out of this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by payjark

I've gone through many tubes of this. I prefer abrasive scruba because my skin gets so clogged. I will continue to use this scrub until they stop selling it which I hope will be never!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2013 10:01:00 PM More reviews by dangsusiQ

Too abrasive for the face, great on the legs.