April 24, 2014 | 926 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Frost - Angel

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2011 7:18:00 PM More reviews by KatieFMakeup

Love love love this lippy! So upset it snapped on me when i was under the invulence of alcohol :( Guess i'll just use a lip brush now and never take my lipsticks out with me ever again! Paired with Spice lipliner from MAC is perfect with Angel. Lovely with a smokey eye and in the day time. Get Angel Now! <3

rated 3 of 5 on 12/21/2011 12:06:00 PM More reviews by tring010

Lovely baby pink lipstick with purple undertones. I hated this lipstick when I first purchased it as I felt it was too purple but I am starting to use it more now as I know it is so popular for a reason! When applied it goes on creamy and is very pigmented however it feels slightly gritty on my lips - this could be due to the frost finish which is not my favourite.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/9/2011 2:27:00 PM More reviews by breakfastattiffanys11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I definitley noticed the frost in this when I was blonde, but now that I am back to my natural brunette, this is much easier to wear. This is a cool-toned light pink, it almost looks a tiny bit light purple ( not the dreadful 90s purple though). Also for some reason this looks better when I have on a little bit more eye makeup than usual. Definitley make sure to apply a lipbalm underneat because this can make your lips very scaly looking. Not easy to wear, but when you get it right it look really pretty.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2011 2:12:00 PM More reviews by Lauramad

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this colour so so so so so so so so much wow it is just gorgeous! The creamy frosty texture, the colour of course, BUT leave it in the fridge(lol) if you want it to last a long time as its so creamy sometimes it starts to melt =( I will definately be asking for some of these lipsticks off santa for christmas ;) hope this helped :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2011 9:19:00 AM More reviews by caitiebug

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really think this is one of those colors that looks different on everyone! I absolutely love it. It is a lighter nude-pink but not so light that it looks whitish or pastel on me. I am fair (NW20) and it brightens my face without looking too "lipstickey". The formulation is good - not the most moisturizing but wears well on me. I just swipe some lip balm on underneath and that does the trick.
I bought this with Stripdown liner and Florabundance gloss (on the SA's recommendation) and these look fabulous paired with Angel lipstick!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/5/2011 11:05:00 PM More reviews by la234

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Very disappointed with this lipstick! I was looking for a lovely everyday pink lipstick and 'Angel' ticks all the right boxes shade-wise - I love the colour - but the consistency and staying power are not good.
I have lips that tend to be quite dry but I always make sure I apply chapstick before lipstick. However even when I do 'Angel' always ends up drying my lips as soon as I apply and starts to stick to the dry parts of my lips which looks terrible. I also find it lasts about half an hour or less.
So it's a gorgeous colour but I just don't bother using as it as I know it'll only be visible for such a short space of time.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2011 11:37:00 PM More reviews by yuigi

This is a very pretty nude pink. Goes on smooth and pair well with any smoky eye.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2011 11:17:00 PM More reviews by heartyfarty

As of today, this is my go-to everyday lipstick. For reference, I am Filipina and I use Light in Everyday Minerals. This lipstick is a creamy, frosty, pale/nude-ish somewhat cool toned pink...and technically, the very first MAC lipstick I've actually owned. I was looking for a really good pink lipstick one day. I tried on Pink Nouveau (too grandma-ish on my skintone), Pink Plaid (too blue), Girl About Town (not exactly the pink I was looking for but a really pretty fierce shade...I'm probably gonna buy this one day), and Snob. At first, I purchased Snob and liked it initially, but when I got home, I found that it turned into this weird bluish color on my lips that made me look sick. So, I took it back to the MAC counter and tried on Angel and Hug Me.

Angel and Hug Me are basically interchangeable. Angel is just a little bit more opaque and glittery on first dab, which I loved! The glitter isn't out there or anything. Just enough for your lips to stand out. You can layer on a lot of this lipstick for a more in-your-face look. But on me, when layered just enough, it comes out as a somewhat cool but not too cool, nude-ish pink and I absolutely am in love with it.

Recently, I found out that this is Kim Kardashian's signature lipstick and that she paired it with MAC Lipliner in Stripdown and NARS Lipgloss in Turkish Delight. I wanted to try it out, but found out that those products were a little bit out of my price range. I did my research and bought the dupes -- NYX Lipliner in Natural and Victoria's Secret Lipgloss in Innocent. The combination is beautiful and really brings out your lips in a very nude-ish way (if that makes any sense at all). This lipstick is gorgeous on its own or along with these products. Go out and try it if you want a really pretty nude-ish pink :)

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2011 12:41:00 AM More reviews by timothybcat

I really like this lipstick in theory. It's a very pretty pale, neutral pink. However, it just does nothing for me. It's much lighter than my natural lip color, and has no cool or warm undertones to make it work for me. It's just blah, and not very pigmented. If you have tan skin like Kim K, I'm sure this is very flattering. It feels very nice on my lips. I layer MAC Gel lipstick (another frost that doesn't look good on me, but is fantastic to make other lipsticks paler/frostier/gold-er/warmer) over it to give it some level of oomph. MAC's frost isn't my favorite finish to begin with. When I want to do a pale pink lip, I reach for either Pretty Please (matte warm light pink) or Snob (satin cool light pink). To me, Angel is just meh.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2011 1:05:00 AM More reviews by supermer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I could kick myself for not trying this sooner. I've heard so much about this lipstick but never thought I could pull it off. My favorite lipsticks/glosses are always deeper pinks or roses, because anything too light washes me out every time. This is the only lipstick this light that has ever worked for me. It makes me look and feel so chic, so classy. The texture is strange to me, but in a good way. I hate any shimmer or frost on my lips, but even though it's a frost it just looks creamy and matte on me. However, even though it's matte, it's not the least bit drying. It feels every bit as wonderful as it looks. Another thing I really appreciate about it is that it goes with anything. I love it for a simple daytime look with cremesheen glass in Fashion Scoop over the top...definitely my new favorite lip combo...and it's absolutely incredible if I wear it alone and matte with a smoky eye. MAC's Syrup has been my go-to for a while now, but Angel is my new HG.