November 23, 2014 | 1561 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Frost - Angel

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2012 3:07:00 PM More reviews by gojiberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

If you're NW/NC15 or lighter, I recommend trying on this lipstick before purchasing. On my NW10-15 skin, this appears way too bright and bold for my everyday liking, definitely not a natural looking pinkish nude. It doesn't look subtle on me as the photos display. A nice lipstick, but not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2012 1:27:00 AM More reviews by lolitan

This lippy is such a winner! My lips are naturally very pigmented, which I hate. My natural colour doesnt suit me at all; it completely washes me out.
I was a devout nude lippy wearer, but it was so hard to find a HG, they were either too orange or too brown. I noticed all the great reviews this had and decided to take the plunge.
At first I was very sceptical, but as soon as I put it on I was so impressed. I will never buy another nude lippy again, this is hg for me! Definitely exfoliate lips first for a smooth application.
For reference I'm an nc 20-25

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2012 7:36:00 PM More reviews by dmeister3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

This was the first MAC product I ever bought and I love it for an everyday pink lip :) I've gone through probably 1/2 the tube at least and I'll definately repurchase when I run out! It is a frost, but it doesn't seem too frosty on my lips :) I love pairing this with almost any gloss, or none at all! This lasts a decent amount of time on me concidering I'm always talking or drinking/eating something :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2012 12:54:00 PM More reviews by rperri78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

GREAT pink frost lipstick

rated 1 of 5 on 2/22/2012 12:12:00 AM More reviews by luna2012

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i really cant see why angel is one of the most popular mac lipsticks.. its really drying and sets on the lines of the lips even if you use a primer.. naturally the shade is really beautiful but creme cup is pretty similar and not drying... i wont repurchase for sure..

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2012 10:13:00 PM More reviews by samk22710

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is prob my fave everyday lipstick. It gives a really nice colour, without overpowering any other makeup you have going on. Love the pale pink colour, it looks especially amazing with a smoky eye. Only thing I think could make it better, would be the staying power of the lippy. It comes off quite easily.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2012 9:56:00 AM More reviews by Bucephala

This is my favourite MAC lipstick that I've tried so far. It wears great and the frost finish has just the right amount of sheen to it. The colour is very pretty too! I wear it the most of all my lipsticks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2012 10:39:00 PM More reviews by jaylyn85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Angel is a very pale pink color that for some reason is classed as a frost. It doesn't look very frosty to my eyes but all the same its a pretty color. I have very pinky pigmented lips so the is a MLBB for me. I can't imagine that it would look very good on darker skin just because it is so pale. As soon as I opened this lipstick I could tell I had something very similar. I found 2 very close dupes for this in my collection one from Lancome called love it and one from mabelline called pearly pink. In my opinion if you have Love it from Lancome then you don't need this lipstick. The colors are so close its not funny and in my opinion Love it has a lot more opacity to it. Will add some swatches of these lipsticks

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2012 5:16:00 PM More reviews by michellemonkey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

A nice creamy pale pink. Like many others have said, although it's listed as a "frost," it's not particularly frosty or shimmery.

Although I'm pale (NC15) it works well for my complexion. It goes really well with a smokey eye and well dressed blush (at the rec of another MUA'er). It's quite creamy and I find it quite sheer but it is buildable, especially if you blot between coats.

It goes quite well with a touch of Stila lip glaze in grapefruit over the top for a nice day to day look.

It does only stay put for a few hours though, so does need re-applying, but this is quite a common feature of creamy lipsticks.

I think a lot of people are put off by the fact it's a frost or the fact that Kim K wears it but I like it as a nice day to day spring colour and will repurchase

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2012 4:23:00 PM More reviews by LizWords

I got this in a swap, was my first MAC lipstick. I really like this color, and I guess that's really the MAC value, its color choices, because I don't find anything particularly special about the actual formulation. Don't get me wrong, it is well formulated, creamy, with OK staying power (as good as a creamy lipstick gets really), but it didn't knock my socks off or anything. I would repurchase because I really like the color, especially when pairing it with a dark shirt, it looks very pretty on my pale, yellow undertoned skin. But, if I could find a drugstore lipstick of the same color for half the price, I would totally go for that instead. I bought a mac lipstick off ebay recently, we'll see how that goes...