MAC Frost - Angel

on 6/17/2012 5:26:00 AM

I love this lipstick!! I was looking for a nude pink colour that I could wear everyday and stumbled upon angel. Now I would never leave the house without this colour its amazing and I always get compliments on how my eyes pop out when I wear it. The only downside to this lipstick is that you need to have fully moisturised lips otherwise cracks show up as the lipstick is so light

on 6/15/2012 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I will not give this a bad rating just because it doesn't work for me. I understand that it is a frost but it just looks to pale and frosty on me. I have really pigmented lips so I am guessing that is why I cannot pull it off. I gave this to my cousin and it looks great on her. She is fair skinned and has nude color lips. oh well, pretty color that I just cannot pull off.

on 6/13/2012 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

i feel like i underestimated this lipstick. i thought it would be an unwearable shade of pink, because i have med tan skin.

its actually quite nice. on my lips, its a medium-light pink that doesnt lean too cool or warm, not too bright or nude. its suprisingly very wearable, but like most lipsticks, it's important to wear moisturizing lip balm.

i dont see how its a frost, maybe bc there are tiny tiny tiny shimmers, that i barely notice. im really happy i purchased this and would again!!

on 6/8/2012 3:16:00 AM

Angel is my first MAC lipstick. I love the colour on me, it is my go to lipstick. I'll definitely re-purchase this lipstick again.

on 5/16/2012 2:29:00 PM

Angel has been my go-to lipstick lately. I found when I was pale (NC20-ish) I couldn't pull this off, but now that I've got some color (NC30/35) I really enjoy wearing this.

yes, it is a cool-toned l/s but I love how it 'clashes' with warm/neutral eyes.

I don't see how this is considered a frost since it has absolutely no apparent frost IMO.

I gave this a 4 instead of a 5 because it can look very blotchy if you dont' moisturize/exfoliate your lips before applying.

on 4/24/2012 7:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Eh. Many people love this, but it seems too cool for my skintone. I'm NC25 with blond hair and green eyes and this color is not at all a nude on me. It's very pink with a cool undertone. I can wear it and it looks okay, but it's not as pretty as Hue or Nude Rose (D squared collection). I would not repurchase.

on 3/25/2012 10:18:00 PM

Love this color and will be one that I love to buy over and over again. I'm an NC35 in winter and C4 in summer for studio fix powder. I don't look dead with this color at all. Angel has a frost finished.

on 3/17/2012 5:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

My first and only MAC lipstick so far. I like it. I'm not sure yet if I think they're worth the money yet... but They're nice. Some people don't like the scent. They say it's vanilla-like. To me, it's more like a cupcake smell. (bakery) It doesn't bother me at all. I find it pleasant.
The color is a pinky/mauvy nude color. Very subtle IMO.

on 3/11/2012 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

If you're NW/NC15 or lighter, I recommend trying on this lipstick before purchasing. On my NW10-15 skin, this appears way too bright and bold for my everyday liking, definitely not a natural looking pinkish nude. It doesn't look subtle on me as the photos display. A nice lipstick, but not for me.

on 3/3/2012 1:27:00 AM

This lippy is such a winner! My lips are naturally very pigmented, which I hate. My natural colour doesnt suit me at all; it completely washes me out.
I was a devout nude lippy wearer, but it was so hard to find a HG, they were either too orange or too brown. I noticed all the great reviews this had and decided to take the plunge.
At first I was very sceptical, but as soon as I put it on I was so impressed. I will never buy another nude lippy again, this is hg for me! Definitely exfoliate lips first for a smooth application.
For reference I'm an nc 20-25