April 18, 2014 | 1442 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Viva Glam II

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2007 12:31:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

I bought this when I was in my "Angelina Jolie from the early 2000's phase" - LOL! I also had Folio, which was her signature color. (Talk about gray!!) Anyway, this is a light pink color, very opaque and a matte-satin color. On some, this may look like concealer on the lips and could wash you out. If, however, you have reddish-pink lips (like I do), this helps tone them down.

Now, my big complaint about this is that it is soooo drying! I find all MAC lippies that aren't Lustre finish to be drying on the lips, which is a big problem for me. Even applying chapstick underneath or gloss over top didn't really help too much.

If you're looking to support the Viva Glam cause and want something with more color, I would recommend VGV. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 9/17/2007 9:57:00 PM More reviews by laurenlyn1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this color seems to wash me out big time. it just doesn't seem right on me. i might just need to find the right combo of liner/stick/gloss for this to look right on me. with that said, i would not buy this again because i'm sure i have enough to last me since i don't wear it. :)

rated 2 of 5 on 9/5/2007 9:53:00 AM More reviews by NearPerfect9

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This lipstick seems to turn color (grayer) after applying. It also has somewhat of a chalky texture. I'm not a fan of the waxy smell, either.

This is a super-matte, very drying lipstick. My lips can't even stand it in summer. I did have some success mixing it with some gloss to make the texture creamier. It still dried out after a few minutes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2007 4:42:00 PM More reviews by tshinn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Viva Glam II is a nude shade with undertones of dusty rose and a hint of latte. It is a pinker beige than some of the others I have come across but it is not too pink like MAC's Hue or Blankety lipsticks. If you pair it with Chanel's liner in Naturel or MAC's liner in Sublime Culture, it creates a nice neutral look. To note, I am a PPP with auburn hair and a blond highlight chunk. I have to be careful with this lipstick in the sense that I need to play up my eyes so I do not looked too washed out. I think a smoky eye or a bold cat eye look would be great with this color. I also like the fact that the proceeds of this lipstick goes to their AIDS fund! Overall, a nice color.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2007 1:09:00 AM More reviews by loudxmouse

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

THE perfect nude/pink for me. NW20-25. Want to wear it every day with or without gloss. love

continued >>

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2007 5:19:00 AM More reviews by bluemushroom

i absolutely love this. its pink and look very nude. i am a nc 15 and i wear this with my airkiss lipgloss from clinique or sometimes mix this with my MAC politely pink lipstick. i believe its good for everyday use or when you want to wear a heavy eye make up.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2007 3:05:00 PM More reviews by Jillipede

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I like wearing this with a darker eye look otherwise it washes me out pretty badly. I am a PPP C2. I wear this with Subculture lipliner which is a perfect match for me. I then top with a small amount of clear lipglass to give some moisture. This lipstick is quite drying and can settle into the lines on my lips. I got this as part of the Holiday Viva Glam 6 lips palette and am considering purchasing a full tube. I still hold out hope for a slightly better nude pink shade so that's why I gave it only 4 lippies. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2007 8:43:00 AM More reviews by nata_lilie

I naturally have quite pigmented lips that are very berry-pink and I was looking for a nude lipstick that would be MLBB - a tad lighter and a little less pink. After having the SA try on about 6-7 different shades, along came Viva Glam II. Ding, Ding, Ding - we have a winner. The colour is a matte mauvy-beigy-nude, more cool toned than warm and not really pink. When I wear it, I only dab it on my lips (don't want to overdo it) and it looks really natural without washing me out. For reference FFF, Brown hair, hazel eyes. My only complaint is that this texture (satin) really emphasizes any dryness on your lips - so make sure they're moist and smooth.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2006 9:02:00 AM More reviews by vodkabarbie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this product!
It's a great match for my natural lip tone and the subtle satin finish gives me a "finished" look when I am wearing heavy eye shades without being too much. The lack of frosting or pearl and the nude tones also mean it's good for every day use. I also find I don't need to use a liner with this as it gives good definition without feathering.
I applied this and went for a few drinks assuming I'd need to retouch but it lasted really well and didn't dry my lips.
It's a pinky-nude with a bit of mauve - on me it's similar to Lancome's Mauve Argente Rouge Absolu, one of my all time favourite colours, but without the gold shimmer making it much better for certain looks. Also, it's all money to a good cause.

(I'm a NW5, ash blonde hair, dark blue eyes)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2006 10:33:00 PM More reviews by Macgirl29

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Well, i hated it when i bought it, but i started wearing it and it grew on me. It melted in my purse and i just rebought it tonite...its a good everyday color, it is a little fleshy looking on me and sort of dry, but i like it...washes me out a little, but has a natural look to it. If that makes sense