February 1, 2015 | 2264 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Viva Glam II

rated 1 of 5 on 2/2/2008 8:24:00 PM More reviews by lamp4

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

way too light on me and it is not flattering at all on my lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2008 4:51:00 PM More reviews by orangeserendipity32

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been wearing this color a lot for the past year, and it really had become one of my favorites. I have pigmented lips, therefore Viva Glam II is does not show up as a true nude on me, but a deeper medium hued color. The satin texture is my favorite because it doesn't dry out my lips (even in the harsh winter) and it looks very velvety (matte-ish w/ a slight sheen). I absolutely love the coverage, as it is not sheer at all, but totally covers my darker lips and makes them look fuller. This is definitely a dusty rose w/ a taupe tone on my pucker. It is more of a cool toned than warm toned lippie. It is not of the gray variety, against the warm undertones in my skin anyway.

This gives me a strawberries and cream complexion, and looks lovely with more dramatic eyes. I find this color to be very versatile as well, when used with red or brown lip liners to darken it, or to apply it over brighter colors to soften them, or add gloss for more shimmer. I love that 100% of the proceeds of this lipstick benefits a more than worthy cause. My only complaint is it smells like a vanilla candle and tastes a bit waxy, so I put on my vanilla lip smackers over it, and that takes care of that!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2008 2:46:00 PM More reviews by Shadow_Witch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This was too grey even for me, and I love my nudes COLD. There is no pulling this one off. In the tube it looks like it's going to go on like it did in the pic at the top of the page here. Instead on me, instant corpse. Good for Halloween, but I already have a box of Halloween makeup. I wish Viva Glam V had a satin finish. :0(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2008 6:19:00 PM More reviews by fetishdolly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Yay, this is now one of my favorites! This is a perfect match for my lips. I would call this a rosey-pink, to me there is no grey tones whatsoever. Of course people have complained that one of my other favorites Bare Venus has grey tones. I guess my lips don't hate the grey tones, or they're so highly pigmented they don't show? I am not sure, anyways. This gives me a my lips but better, with some shimmer. It is a satin finish which I adore, but I always put balm underneath, so my lips don't look chapped. So, end conclusion HG for a polished look that is sexy and natural HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2008 12:52:00 PM More reviews by XOeNvyMeXO

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a muted brown gray nude, not pale and not dark either.
It's a satin formula with 0 shimmer, perfect color payoff and full opaque coverage with a satin finish (almost matte but not quite since it has a slightly shiny finish). The lasting power of this lipstick is good but not great for a MAC satin lipstick though. It's quite good for Angelina Jolie lips;)
On my tan dark latin complexion it looks nothing at all like the picture of someone wearing it uploaded above LOL, on me it looks like a muted brown gray nude, looks good but just not pale enough for my taste!! I like paler lipsticks and I find this one a little too dark for my taste, but I must say this isn't a dark color at all, it's a medium color!! It definitely has a gray undertone, which I love!! I love lipsticks/lipglosses with gray and silver undertones, and trust me, this really DOES have a gray undertone, so if you don't like lipsticks with gray in them, you won't like this. I also gotta disagree very much with the other reviews that say this lipstick is pink... this isn't pink AT ALL, not even close by far... just gray brown.

Besides its color, I love it even twice as much or even more than other lipsticks because it's a Viva Glam lipstick and all the money MAC gets from you buying this lipstick goes to MAC AIDS fund, which is a good reason alone just to buy it or to buy also other Viva Glam products!! I would rate this 4 instead of 5 if it wasn't Viva Glam, but being Viva Glam it totally deserves a 5!!!
So just go and buy this, and if you're doubtful about this lipstick just go and buy it anyway because it being Viva Glam there's no way you can go wrong with this lipstick!!;)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2008 6:22:00 PM More reviews by LindsAllie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like this lipstick on me, but was not surprised to see the relatively low reviews because when I've tried it on my less-pale family members and friends, the effect really does look almost comedic. Because I am rather pale, though, it shows up almost perfectly on me. It does lose one lippie because worn alone this stuff makes my lips look somewhat flat. However, when flat lips and a bit of color is desirable -- as in, for a job interview -- I always reach for this stuff. As I mentioned in my review for MAC's Nymphette Lipglass, this lipstick also looks wonderful with a coat of Nymphette over it. For the fair of complexion -- give this a try.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2007 1:25:00 PM More reviews by star_s_l_b

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I actually just discovered this yesterday for the first time, even though I've had it for ages. I have the Viva Glam Holiday 2005 palette and I've barely touched Viva Glam II...maybe just a bit here and there mixed with other colors. Yesterday I decided to try dark green smoky eyes and Viva Glam V was too shimmery to go w/my shimmery eyeshadow, so I tried Viva Glam II. I think I've found the HG lip color to wear when I do dramatic eye shadow! It's a great, creamy nude shade. Not a whole lot of shine, nothing to detract from the eyeshadow or make me look like a clown. I can't say as I'd wear this any other time, I'd look like a corpse. But paired with strong eyes, it's perfect.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2007 12:38:00 PM More reviews by Faster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am not really a lipstick user - but i do like nude lips & as i have very very red lips i find it hard to get a lipstick that looks nude on my lips with out looking like i put concealer on my lips. This is (IMO) a light fleshy pinky colour -(for reference i am an NW20 with dark hair) and this lipstick balances out my lips beautifully as i feel the redness of them overpowers my other features at times. I found it to be a comfortable lipstick to wear & it seems to be pretty long lasting. It is matte-ish alone but a slick of lip balm (i use palmers lip butter) over it vamps up the look. The money for this goes to a good cause & the packaging is also beautiful -really sleek. .....And yes it is an Angelina JoIie-ish colour!but that can only be a good thing!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/11/2007 7:42:00 PM More reviews by christinepf

Creates a corpse-like affect. Worse than wearing no lipstick at all. What on earth was Mac thinking.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2007 3:26:00 PM More reviews by strapon

The Holiday Cool lips collection was my first experience with the VG line, honestly, I really wasn't OVERLY thrilled with any of the colors, aside from this one. It's a lovely pale biegey-rose color that looks wonderful and like a slightly lighter version of my naturally pigmented lips. I love the finish and the feel of this lipstick and I love how it makes my lips look.

After wearing this for one day I had to go and order a full-sized tube, I'll use the palette for touchups and I'm sure I'll be tempted to wear the other colors more for special occasions at night.

This is the first lipstick color that I could see wearing every day.
I was another non-lipstick wearer, but after this one I am absolutely in love and I cannot wait to to try out Masque.