Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream

4.3

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

***NEW FORMULA: sweet almond oil, beeswax, lemon peel oil, cocoa seed butter, candelilla wax, tocopherol, sunflower seed oil, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, beta-carotene, canola oil, vegetable oil. ***ORIGINAL FORMULA: Sweet Almond Oil, Beeswax, Lemon Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol Vitamin E, Cocoa Butter, Candelilla Wax, Rosemary Extract, Beta Carotene

on 6/7/2012 3:57:00 PM

I purchased this during a winter holiday in New York. The cold air really dried out my skin and for the first time in my life, my cuticles needed attention. I used it during the month of December, then returned to sunny South Africa and pretty much stopped using it.

I suppose that it works, it moisturizes fairly well and it did solve my cuticle issues. However, it smells like dishwashing liquid and it makes my hands and fingers greasy. I don't feel as though it absorbs into the skin, it just creates a film on top. After using it, I don't want to touch anything else, in case I leave greasy fingerprints behind. I also find the tin very difficult to open.

Since I find it unpleasant to use, I wouldn't repurchase it.

on 5/19/2012 7:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I love this! I have bitten my nails for years and a while ago I decided that I was finally going to stop. When my nails started to grow they were really thin and dry and weak, no surprise really.
I wanted something to nourish and strengthen then and I got all of that in this great little tin. I was slightly put off by the tin as the Vaseline tins are impossible for me to open but no such worry with this one. The lid just slides of easily.
My nails are now in a much better condition and I will continue to use. I try to use morning and night but in the mad morning rush I usually forget but I always use before bed.

on 5/10/2012 8:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I bought the product a while ago and it's still lingering in my purse. I use it every once in a while when I REALLY need a cuticle cream. I must prefer cuticle oils to creams as I feel like they do a much better job of softening my cuticles. I have one from Sally's that I highly reccommend (the kind in the round nail polish). I'd much rather use that (even on the go) than the Burt's Bees cream. It's nice to have, but I wouldn't repurchase.

on 5/10/2012 8:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

delicious lemon butter smell!
really moisturised my problem dry and split cuticles! also had a problem with dry splitting nails and I think this cleared it up by massaging into nail bed.
I'm so addicted to the smell I could put this stuff on all day - it's a nice touch to a manicure.
the packaging is really cute and i've had it a month and hardly made a dent in it- i think it will last a while!!
don't hesitate - if you have problem cuticles and dry nails buy this!

on 5/7/2012 5:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This cuticle cream is somewhat conditioning. It works, but took a while to show any results. Though, i do have to say that Vaseline does the same for half the price, with hundreds more uses. I like the smell and I am a fan of the packaging. This was $5.00 though, which is kind of pricey for a small tin that only conditions cuticles.

on 5/2/2012 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I got this in the hand repair kit, I had really bad dry and split cuticles. I tried alot if different cuticle repair brands and found this to be the best so far. Im not much for citrus smell but it has a light aroma so not to bad. I use the almond milk cream after I apply this creme and it has worked wonders on my nails and cuticles. Just don't like the tin. its hard to get it out.

on 4/23/2012 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Great stuff! Smells good, absorbs well, and leaves my cuticles soft. I rub it all over my nails, too, and it leaves them looking shiny and newly buffed.

on 4/8/2012 2:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I bought product this after hearing such great things about it on manicure blogs. I'm a manicure-addict so I was looking for something to moisturize my dry cuticles (from acetone) and keep my manicures looking fresh. It's not a disappointing product because it does moisturize but I'd call this an unnecessary purchase because doesn't do anything that Vaseline, baby oil, hand cream, a good salve or lotion couldn't do. It just adds more clutter to your vanity table. In fact, if you're using this over manicured nails, IT WILL DULL THE SHINE OF YOUR POLISH. My suggestion is to use a good hand cream and apply some baby oil or Vaseline to your cuticles with a q-tip.

Also, calling it a cream may be misleading because it's actually more like a balm or salve. You have to rub your fingers in it to get the product out. And it smells a bit like a lemon-scented cleaning product.

on 4/7/2012 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Got this in a gift set so I have the 0.3oz/8.5g container. I've been using it on and off for about a month. I have pretty great nails/nail beds to begin with so I don't really have much use for a cuticle cream but it's a great hand moisturizer, if a little oily. A little goes a long way, I've still got almost the full tin of this stuff. I don't think I'll repurchase unless I see some significant difference in my skin/nails. This is no different for me than any other DS moisturizer/lotion I've purchased.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

(I have this in the 'new' formula.) I have to admit that I'm not completely sure how I feel about this product.

I love the fresh lemony smell. The tin can be hard to open sometimes. As far as the formula goes, it tends to leave waxy, greasy residue all over my nails and cuticles. I think the trick is to not over-apply, so that it's more likely to absorb into the skin. I just can't tell if it's actually moisturizing or not.

I think I will probably try some other cuticle creams after using this one up, so I guess I won't repurchase.

Popular Treatments