April 16, 2014 | 1570 users online

Shampoo - Alberto Vo5 - Kiwi Lime Squeeze Clarifying Shampoo

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 6/26/2007 9:04:00 PM More reviews by rhorner79

I picked up a bottle of this after reading the reviews here. I have course, color-treated long hair, and while this shampoo does get it nice and clean, it also leaves it feeling very dry and tangly. I've tried using this a few times, following it with various conditioners, and it invariably leaves my hair feeling weird and straw-like. I am utterly spoiled by Bumble and Bumble's Sunday Shampoo (see my review), which costs soooooo much more but, honestly, you really get what you pay for.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/14/2007 10:10:00 PM More reviews by proverbsgrl

made my scalp itch like crazy.. worked well one of the times that i used it, but then made my hair tangly and crunchy (strange) even though i washed it all out.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2007 8:30:00 PM More reviews by classicfilmbroad

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Without a doubt my favorite clarifying shampoo. I started using this when I was 13 or 14. Infinitely more gentle on my hair that I often heat style than Suave's Clarifying. It smells better, too, which, while I'm not really one to care about smells, it's a plus. My hair is fine. Highly recommended, especially since it is DIRT cheap (and I am not one to often buy drugstore products). I use it once a week and it works like a charm.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2007 5:11:00 AM More reviews by LolaBlue

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

my absolute favourite clarifying shampoo! it gets all the crap out of my hair, but doesn't strip the colour or moisture. leaves my hair nice and clean, but still soft. Plus the smell is really fantastic and it's less than $1!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2007 9:10:00 PM More reviews by annemosca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Got ALL the crap out of my hair (serums, creams, spray....I use enough stuff to get the entire Rockettes line thru an entire holiday season). The best clarifying shampoo I've ever used. Left my hair soft and really clean. Will DEFINITELY repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2007 6:43:00 PM More reviews by lb07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Smells great! Been using it for years. I did find it a little drying sometimes (winter) but otherwise its good in the summer when oil and pool water reaks havock on ur hair. I always follow up with a better moisture rich conditioner anyways.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/24/2007 5:35:00 PM More reviews by rabidfangirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My parents had this in the guest shower, so I was stuck using it when I visited them. It immediately reminded me why I avoid Vo5 like the plague. My thick, straight hair felt like straw after using it. It's still incredibly drying even after the supposed reformulation; the matching conditioner was useless.

I wound up going out and buying a better brand to replace them in the shower, so any future guests won't wind up being tortured.

Smells nice though.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2007 6:13:00 PM More reviews by Javan2007

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really didn't care for the old Alberto Kiwi Lime shampoo as I found it too drying although it smelled fabulous. I went to my local store and saw it in a new bottle and it said New! With Richer Lather! I read the ingredients and found out that they have replaced the somewhat harsh Sodium Lauryl Sulfate with a much more gentle Sodium Laureth Sulfate cleanser. I was shocked as usually the only shampoos that have this cleanser are much more expensive brands. V05 is now my HG shampoo. No animal testing, no nasty sillicones, and a gentle cleanser for a buck! Try it out!

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2007 10:06:00 PM More reviews by greyline

This stuff smells so summery and fun. I always buy it on the last day of school before summer vacation, because it's just so perfect for that time of year, especially when oil, sweat and beach sand and salt build up in my hair. And it's like 85 cents, so if you don't like it, you didn't sacrifice much.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2007 6:20:00 PM More reviews by asukaduh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product did exactly what it was supposed to do. It left my hair feeling very clean and soft, which is what I was going for since I wash my hair every day and it tends to get oil, as I use a product on my hair to help keep it's shape for blowdrying and straightening that I also do everyday. My hair gets gunked down after about three days of this, on top of the shampoo and conditioner I use normally. This product is just amazing. In fact, the day after using it, when I went back to my other stuff and styled it, it looked better than it had in a while! This also smells nice too. Would DEFINITELY rebuy.