July 29, 2014 | 2007 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Lash Blast Clump Crusher mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2014 11:44:00 PM More reviews by queeniekasey

This mascara is the bomb!!!! I've used a number of mascaras from Covergirl and Maybelline, and this is definitely my fave after all these years. I used to love the one that's in that big orange tube that is supposed to create volume, but it could cause clumps. This mascara gives me great volume, lengthening, and no clumps! And it lasts the whole day, which really surprised me. Definitely repurchasing when I run out!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2014 1:39:00 PM More reviews by timothybcat

One of the greatest regrets of my life is not buying a case of Max Factor 2000 Calorie in Brownish Black while I could. I just love me a curved brush. Now companies are pumping out mascaras that are modeled on snakes and medieval torture devices, but for years it was either the spiral bristles or nothing. 2000 Calorie was the exception. (Yeah, I think there's some variation of Great Lash with a curved brush, but it's crappy Great Lash. Why'd you even bring that up?)

So I saw the ads for Clump-Crusher and was all over that. Thankfully, it didn't disappoint. It's got the rubber bristles just like Lash Blast, but it's on a brush that's curved and tapered at either end kind of like a banana. It's just the perfect shape for my eyes. I can get right up at the roots of my lashes, which makes this mascara so unique.

I have fairly long, dark lashes to start with, so I mainly look for volume in a mascara. I personally was never the biggest fan of LashBlast because with the straight brush it just seemed I couldn't build up enough volume and the brush was just so big I couldn't get close to the lash line or the inner lashes. It wouldn't clump, but it would also kind of comb out the amount of product I need to actually build on my lashes for thickness. The Clump Crusher brush is very similar, but the curve makes all the difference. It seems like it's getting lashes from both the top and bottom in one swipe. I get nice volume because of this. And because the tip is tapered, you can get into the inner and outer corners easily without depositing too much product.

It doesn't clump at all on me, but I'm not a multiple coats kinda gal. I might do two at the most, and then it looks really natural rather than dramatic. When I want blacker than black fat lashes, I go with Mally. But when I'm doing a softer look for daytime, I go with this. Mally is also really hard to remove, but Clump Crusher is a cinch. I don't have the waterproof version, but it's worth noting that my eyes have been tearing today and Clump Crusher is still hanging in pretty well. So staying power is great. It ran, but I still have a good amount of mascara on.

So I love it. Mascara preferences are so subjective because we all have such different lashes, but I'm very pleased with it. I doubt you'll get drama with it (unless maybe you're someone who does multiple coats. I say, Ain't nobody got time for that!).

8 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2014 11:34:00 PM More reviews by TaraBrooks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My friend gave me this mascara so I tried it out and I loved it so much. It's great to wear on it's own or with another mascara. And I swear this does not clump no matter how many coats you put on. I usually wear this for length because it does give some length and I wear the Loreal Telescopic Shocking Extensions on top. The clump crusher does so well in holding a curl all day. Love this mascara you have to try it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2013 10:03:00 PM More reviews by beautyheartsusxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is by far my FAVORITE drugstore mascara I have ever used. It makes lashes long, voluminous, and seperates them very well. Can apply a few coats and still doesn't appear clumpy. Amazing mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2013 5:07:00 PM More reviews by ilikeslothsalot

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I loved this mascara! My friend bought this for me after I asked what mascara she used. I am absolutely in love, no clumps whatsoever. The only bad thing about this one is that I am afraid I will run out!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2013 11:07:00 PM More reviews by katmac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Love this stuff! I'm a big fan of the original Lash Blast as well. This really defines my lashes and keeps my curl all day. I am fortunate enough to have thick, decently long lashes, so I'm not looking for tons of volume or anything. This is not a dramatic mascara by any means, but awesome for daily wear. No flakes, no irritation. I've repurchased this 3 times already. Love!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/24/2013 1:30:00 PM More reviews by makeuplover270

This is not a great product. The price is not worth it for the product. It's almost exactly as the same as the orange lash blast. It flakes and does not go on smoothly. I've been using the brush to smooth through my lashes after using another mascara. It dried up in just a week or two.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2013 11:24:00 AM More reviews by Loved10

This mascara is almost my favorite, but it tends to irritate my eyes. It does a great job otherwise though. It creates no clumps with many layers. It gives long separated lashes that are awesome. It does flake a little also. Maybe it is just with me touching my irritated eyes though...

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2013 10:31:00 AM More reviews by kellybaybee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is great for wearing at home or the store, but it didnt give me any volume! Probably not going to buy again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2013 1:14:00 AM More reviews by tamedDOLL

Yup no clumps! This mascara is very build able and adds length and volume. The biggest thing I hate about a lot of mascaras is that they sometime they smudge, this one doesn't. The only thing that isn't best for me is that it doesn't hold a curl the best, but it doesn't exactly weigh my lashes down ridiculously. Also, I found it to flake a little bit on to my cheeks during the day. I will continue to use, but will not repurchase.