September 16, 2014 | 1811 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Lash Blast Clump Crusher mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2014 1:16:00 AM More reviews by johannax

it does crush clumps, it also separates my lashes and gives some length. the green bottle tube is eye catching.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2014 9:13:00 PM More reviews by tmill

I'm really liking this mascara. I like to switch things up from time to time, just to trying something different. I have decent lashes in terms of length and volume, so when I look for a mascara, I tend to look for something to emphasize length.

CoverGirl mascaras have always seemed to work well for me, but with any mascara, I seem to have a problem with clumping. When I attempt to fix it, I get too much product on my lashes and for some reason they start to look stumpy. Not so with this mascara! I have had zero problems with clumping. The product makes my lashes looking long and voluminous.

I curl my lashes before applying and it seems to do an average job of holding the curl, but nothing I'd write home about. I guess waterproof mascara is supposed to be better at that, but all waterproof mascaras I have used in the past are so hard to get off my lashes that I end up losing lashes trying to get the product off. (Yes, even with using an eye makeup remover solution.)

My only complaint is that sometimes this mascara seems to dry out a little quickly. It's nothing more than any other CG mascara I've used, but it's a little inconsistent. Sometimes I find myself thinking, "This dried up really fast; I feel like I just replaced it!" And other times I find myself thinking, "This tube has lasted a while."

I won't go so far as to say this is my HG, because I'm always willing to try something new, but I do really like this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2014 8:12:00 PM More reviews by beautybaby44

I bought this for just five dollars and it doesn't really clump but it doesn't exactly provide length or volume. My eyelashes look the same but just darker and a tid bit thicker

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2014 4:44:00 PM More reviews by blackhalo

I am newly getting into make-up so my previous experience with the few mascaras I've tried is they are an absolute mess of clumps after 1 coat and the wand is not a good shape for my eyes.
After reading reviews here I wanted to try this one ASAP. I was using something by Clinique that was sort of OK but a few hours later I would have mascara fall all over the outside of my eyes. My eyes are set in fairly far and I also wear glasses so I think my lashes may rub my skin and/or my glasses when I blink, I'm not sure how else it would get both below AND above my eyes.
First impression of this was I wish the bottle was shaped slightly different so I could just place it on the counter without having to think if it's going to fall over or not.
The slight curve of the wand and the large amounts of space between the nubs makes it the best wand I've used for my eye shape, although I still have trouble getting at the outer edges of my upper lash. Ive had brand new bottles of mascara that I had to toss because I couldn't use the included wand without extreme difficulty and getting it all over my face.
It's not too bad to get on the bottom lashes and it also doesn't clump as advertised, this is a huge upgrade from other kinds I've tried.
I didn't want to have too heavy of a look so I got the color Black Brown and on my dark brown lashes it's a very successful "my lashes but better" look.
Unfortunately I still have a lot fall after a few hours. I tried brushing it out well but it didn't seem to help. I'm going to try sealing it with clear mascara but ideally I would have a mascara that was fine on its own.
I think I will try LashBlast before buying this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2014 8:58:00 PM More reviews by curlyhairchick369

Oh lord this mascara is great. It coats your lashes super evenly with zero clumps (as the name claims) and separates them perfectly. Your lashes get lengthened by like at least 60%, and the water resistant formula truly stays on your eyes. It is a drier formula, but even if you're worried about brittle oases this mascara is dry, but doesn't make your lashes hard or crunchy. Plus the neon green packaging will make this hard to miss in your makeup bag :) for the price, this mascara is 100% worth it. I already repurchased this mascara, but not the original, the new extensions clump crusher. I'm super pumped to try it out.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2014 3:56:00 PM More reviews by Erinmh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I can't say enough good things about this mascara. I LOVE it. It is my HG and I'm so glad it's a drugstore product. I have tried a few high end mascaras (Including diorshow) and I have been less than impressed. This mascara is the best mascara I have ever used and it seperates my lashes so beautifully while adding gorgeous length.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2014 3:10:00 PM More reviews by tampants

Let me just say, I've tried a LOT of mascara's. Drug store, department store, I do not discriminate. My lashes are naturally very long and thick, so what I used to do is just buy the one that was on sale for a decent price. It doesn't take much to make my lashes to look good!

Well, that whole "buy what's on sale" mantra changed completely when I found this. It's AWESOME. It lengthens, separates, and doesn't flake at all. Also adds a good amount of volume (not as much as some others will though). It is definitely my HG mascara, and at the moment I will not buy a different one.

The brush is really good too, it's a curved rubber brush that it very good at combing through the lashes (to prevent clumps) and also hold a curl.

I'm not 100% sure how this would work for those with shorter lashes...I can imagine it would be very good at lengthening and thickening them for you. I can definitely speak to those with long lashes though...try this!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2014 12:20:00 AM More reviews by amtn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

PERSONAL EXPERIENCE:
Very average mascara that did not work for my Asian lashes at all. Most mascaras (waterproof and non-waterproof) hold curl wonderfully post curl on my eyelashes. I NEVER have to curl after mascara application. This mascara weighed down my lashes and made them look "flat". The whole point of applying mascara is to give depth, volume and some kind of vavavoom!

Formula is nice at first but this mascara dries out really quickly. With everyday use, I found that it dried up in 2.5-3 weeks. It works okay as an everyday mascara (requires 3 coats to even be OKAY hence the 2 stars) but I will not repurchase.

TIP:
I washed and saved the brush wand before tossing out the tube. I use it to comb through clump mascaras.

I'm a fan of the Covergirl LashBlast original - orange tube but the wand is huge! But it holds curl wonderfully and gives a lot of volume.

RECOMMENDATION:
If your lashes are short and you find that waterproof formulas work best for your lashes, I would suggest giving this mascara a skip.

If you are blessed with long lashes give this mascara a shot!

PRICE:
In Australia this mascara ranges from $10 on sale to $17 RRP. I would not repurchase this mascara even if it were on sale. There are $5 mascaras that work better than this (Essence!)

EDIT:
TIP 2: I keep mascara wands when my old tubes of mascara come to an end. Toss out the tube, wash and keep the wands. They're really useful for combing through your brows to define/soften and eyelashes to keep clump free.
I kept the wand from my original Lash Blast (orange tube) but could not use it to brush through my eyebrows or de clump my eyelashes... I decided to use the orange Lash Blast wand with the Clump Crusher mascara tube. THE RESULTS ARE PHENOMENAL. A heap of volume. Clump free.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2014 4:42:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

Another GREAT Covergirl mascara. My HG is Lashblast and I had to pick this up too. I love this when I am looking for a more toned down look. I love this doesn't clump at all and it will not make your lashes spidery or weird at all. It's a medium formula and isn't too wet or dry.

It holds a curl well and fans out the lashes. I prefer the Lashblast because I can get more volume with it but this is so close it's hard to say anything bad. I switch them around and love them both.

The tube is clunky and I wish they would change it, but I will take that over a crappy product. Wand is rubber like the Lashblast and this is curved unlike the Lashblast.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2014 2:31:00 PM More reviews by kitskats

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely LOVE this mascara! Works great on lashes. I constantly buy it again when its done. Thumbs up !!