April 20, 2014 | 1629 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Lash Blast Clump Crusher mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2013 6:17:00 PM More reviews by ritables

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This mascara was a dark horse for me; I did not expect to like it so much. I had previously used Maybelline's Falsies to this and although enjoy very much the massive volume, do not like how thick and clumpy it can look. Clump Crusher takes a while (3 coats) to build up to what one swipe of Falsies can do, sure. BUT, CC also sorts out and organizes lashes. My lashes point every-which-way most likely because I sleep on my stomach and smash my face into the pillow, resulting in lashes that are wonky and wild. CC coats each lash evenly. Its what I wanted Maybelline's One-by-One to work, but sadly did not. One-by-One coated every lash evenly, but alas the wonkies prevailed. The appearance of nearly-false eyelashes (yes! this stuff can be so very dramatic) is due to the evenly coated and fanned out results you can get with this brush. Control Freaks will love this product, as you can brush to your heart's content without fear of blobs and clumps. I gave a low rating for packaging quality because the tapered ends make it hard for the bottle to stand up and the neon green color is very annoying and is irritating to me. The brush itself is stellar and fantastic, the quality of it is very nice. It is simply the cosmetic appearance of the bottle that I dont like. Its a bit higher in cost at $7.00 (Target, Walmart) considering Falsies can be as cheap as $5-6, but still great cost for a fantastic (and yes HG for me) product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2013 11:32:00 AM More reviews by w0wa

This is my FAV mascara. I really love the original Lash Blast mascara but I find it a bit difficult to apply because of the large brush. I think this Clump Crusher version is very similar (the original LB never clumped on me either) but the wand is smaller and curved. I find it a tad less volumizing than the original LB but the curved wand works to separate my lashes more and it's not as messy to apply. Also it does not smudge or flake at all. Love it!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2013 10:34:00 PM More reviews by rachelrue

This mascara works well for me. In all honesty I do like the orange cover girl mascara better, but they are pretty comparable. The brush on this one is curved and not as thick but that is the only difference really. Overall, good, but not my first choice.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2013 7:31:00 PM More reviews by SaraxD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I enjoy this mascara. I know that people are complaining that it doesn't give volume, but I actually like that. I prefer my lashes to look natural but also very long and curled. This mascara does well for that, but keep in mind my lashes are already fairly long (but naturally straight). This mascara does well for separating and lengthening. But there are some issues with the formula. It tends to smudge on my lower lashline if I close my eyes tightly (but that's not that big of a problem). Also, there are little flakes inside the tube that fall out onto my cheeks occasionally, which is bothersome. So far I really like this mascara for the reasons I stated, and I will continue to use it and repurchase it for those reasons alone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2013 1:55:00 PM More reviews by ashleydutta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is one of the best mascaras out there! I like it more than almost all the high end mascaras I've tried. In fact, I was using this at the same time I was using Armani's Eyes to Kill. CG Clump Crusher beat it out every time because it does SUCH a good job of separating and fanning out lashes. It also gives my lashes a bit of a curl - perhaps because the formula is so light, it lets the natural curl in my lashes stay without dragging it out. The light-weight slightly drier formula means that lashes never stick together, and there truly never are ANY clumps!
It's a great mascara to pop on when you're in a hurry for work or school because you never have to worry about curling lashes, separating them with a lash comb, etc. Just swipe on & go. You can also build it up with several coats for more drama.

I have used 2 bottles of this and have never noticed it flaking or smearing during the day, which I usually have a problem with most mascaras.

All in all I love this mascara & will keep buying since I have not found another drugstore or high end mascara as good in all my 10 years of searching! I do hate the bright green plastic bottle though, wish it was more elegant looking, but it's what's IN the bottle that counts!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/27/2013 12:01:00 AM More reviews by cosmeticated

I found nothing volumizing about this mascara and everything lengthening about this mascara. But I wanted VOLUME like the package says. Vanessa Lachey raved about this mascara. What a sap I am...I'll fall for anything

rated 2 of 5 on 9/26/2013 7:38:00 PM More reviews by Jilly914

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I was so disappointed with this mascara. It seemed to get good reviews...and nobody likes clumps!

Clump Crusher doesn't clump, but it didn't do anything for my lashes either. I applied 3 coats and noticed very little volume or definition. I bought the color in blackest black, but it didn't make much of an impact.

It's a very dry formula, and it ended up flaking a little throughout the day (it didn't smudge though).

I guess this mascara would be ok for someone that wants a very very natural look on their lashes. Most other people will be underwhelmed.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2013 6:02:00 PM More reviews by bldsgrsxmgk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

It clumped.
I feel so betrayed because I love CG mascaras. Gave 3 stars because after trying this on a second and third occasion I was able to get relatively separatedish lashes, but it took much time and effort. Didnt work for me but doesnt seem like its total crap.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2013 12:44:00 AM More reviews by ScarletteLawson

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I tried this today while modelling an evening look for my friend at makeup school , and it was awesome ! I have naturally very thick, dark, and long lashes and this just supercharged them. I don't like mascara that lengthens because I would look ridiculous , but this adds nice volume and really doesn't clump! It seems to be good for layering if you want a really full look too

rated 3 of 5 on 9/24/2013 12:38:00 AM More reviews by cubbiejules

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It's not a bad product, just not for me. I have long, full lashes and I love to take advantage of that by using mascaras that volumize and lengthen like crazy. This one just gives me a more "natural" look: individualized lashes, a bit spiky and whispy. But I will say that it definitely does what it says it will, I could do a million coats of this stuff and it will never clump! It's really amazing. But, the formula was definitely too dry. I had to do coat after coat of this stuff to make my lashes look remotely full. It barely lengthened and volumized. It's a nice mascara but if felt like it didn't do anything to my already long lashes.