November 26, 2014 | 1764 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2014 1:40:00 PM More reviews by l0laxc0la

This is a solid foundation!! I really like it and I'll probably buy it again! The color "110 Ivory" is literally a PERFECT match for my skin... I've never found anything better even in HE stuff. I am very pale and very neutral so I hate things that are too pink (I want to conceal some facial redness) or too yellow (Just looks fake and orangey on me). This is perfect for my N15 skin.

Also, formula-wise, my skin is SUPER sensitive and almost every liquid foundation gives me a reaction. I can't have chemical sunscreen or parabens in my foundations, and luckily, this has neither. Also, I think the formula has a bit of salicylic acid in it, and I have noticed that my blemishes seem to dry up nicely when I use this foundation regularly, which is a big bonus!!!

The texture, as others have said, is very.. unique.. but I think it gives a very nice skin-like and natural finish to the skin while providing some serious coverage. This is the closest thing to a full-coverage foundation that I have. Because of its thick texture, you can build it up quite a bit on "bad skin days" but you can also use a damp sponge to sheer it out to a really nice barely there finish.

This stuff is just so versatile. I wear it a lot and will definitely repurchase.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2014 10:27:00 PM More reviews by Catlove

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

The first foundation that I ever used up so quickly. Covers well, leaves a satin finish kinda glow from within look. Cushiony whipped medium to full coverage, I was absolutely in LOVE but one big problem is I can't find it anywhere here. Please someone tell me this has not been eliminated from the Revlon line???? I've noticed my Kroger doesn't carry it anymore and they once had a full display. Can anyone answer? Thanks.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2014 1:28:00 PM More reviews by snowshoe73

I would probably love this foundation if I could find a color match for my NC20-25 skin tone. Findation recommended Soft Sand, which looks OK but just a little off--it's not quite yellow enough. The shade lighter than this, Buff, is more yellow but too light.

The foundation formula itself is a dream: feels light, blends well, doesn't cake as long as you're using a light touch, and lasts. It didn't oxidize on me. It photographs pretty well too. It can be tough to remove though: I found that using the OCM helps to break it down.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2014 5:21:00 PM More reviews by CammieBella

Overall I think this is a good drugstore foundation. I've been a big fan of the original revlon colorstay for a long time now and wanted to give this a try as well. I purchased it in the shade Buff which is the color I also use in the original colorstay and the colors are exactly the same, this color is a great match for light neutral skin tones and it does not oxidize at all.

To apply this foundation I either use my mac 188 stippling brush or my beauty blender. It applies smoothly and blends out nicely (and easily) but I find that some of the coverage is lost when using the beauty blender however it is very buildable so adding another layer isn't a problem. I love this finish of this foundation, it looks silky and has a slight glow to it without making skin look oily. My skin is slightly dry in the winter and I find that when I don't exfoliate before applying this foundation it will cling to even the least of my dry spots. I definitely recommend applying moisturizer and primer before applying this but if you have very dry skin I would not recommend this product.

One thing I dislike about the product is the packaging. It's heavy and bulky and deceiving about the amount of product actually inside.

I'm glad I tried this product and I'll definitely finish it but next time I think I'll stick with my tried and true original revlon colorstay.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2014 6:51:00 PM More reviews by isabella8

I was looking for a heavier foundation to help cover some really bad breakouts I've had lately so I decided to try my luck with a whipped foundation. I've had good experiences with Revlon foundations in the past.

PROS: I love how easy it is to apply and blend. During the cooler months, I don't need powder to finish off because it dries to a powdery finish. If you moisturize really well, the result can be nice. I apply this with a foundation brush, dabbing first, then blending to prevent streaking. I also love how easy it is to build coverage.

CONS: The colours are not representative of the usual Revlon shades. I'm usually a Buff or Nude (or MAC NC25 for reference) but the Buff for this foundation is too pale on me. The next shade up Sand Beige was too dark, and Nude was way too pink. The shade order makes no sense! I ended up buying Buff and Natural Beige and blend the two. Beware--if you have dry skin, it will enhance it. I have to make sure I'm well moisturized.

Overall, if your acne is on the mend or have some discolouration, this could cover it. But for dry skin, this might not be a good match as it enhances dry spots. I tend to use this mostly in the summer when my skin is sweaty and oily--it covers like a dream!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2014 4:53:00 AM More reviews by nickys79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

Considering this is a drugstore foundation, this is amazing! it stays and look better throughout the day, the reason it didn't get full marks is because it doesn't photograph well... gives me white face, good for day, not night.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/26/2014 8:14:00 PM More reviews by mari84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have quite a bit of redness on my face, and I had hoped this foundation would work to even out my skin tone. Unfortunately this product was a huge disappointment. I tried to apply it with a flat top brush, my RT expert face brush, a sponge, and with my fingers, with and without a setting spray... But no matter which method I used, the foundation dried to a very powdery, cakey look. Very disappointed after all the positive reviews I read on this product, but it just wasn't for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/22/2014 11:47:00 AM More reviews by peachy16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I know this stuff is raved about on you tube and beauty blogs but I really don't get why. First off it gave me a horrible cystic ance breakout which regular Revlon color stay never had. Second it sinks into pores and fine lines and makes them appear twice as large. Third it feels like it never really sets and leaves a dewy mask feeling which I hate! I tried using my f80 which looked terrible and then tried using my fingers which I will say looked a tiny bit better but not much. The only good things about this foundation is that it will stay all day. I went swimming with this on and it stayed in place! It does not oxidize and it photographs very well. If you don't have visible pores or wrinkles this may work for you. I haven't tried with my porefessional as I didn't have it at the time but it may help with that. I would advise to set with a powder and be careful if you are prone to cystic acne. Overall I would not repurchase because of the breakout and I hate the mask feeling this gives.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2014 5:26:00 PM More reviews by riccidontcare

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I like this foundation so much, that I bought a back up when it was bogo 50%
It's very full coverage and long lasting.
It's easy to use too much of it, so I try to spread it out and blend it in well. It also dries fast once you apply it.
The only problem I have with the wear of this foundation it that I can feel it sitting on my skin sometimes. It smells kind of like plastic, or like matel dolls. I also notice it separates in my pores on my nose after a while. That could be because I never use a primer ha.
The jar to me is heavy and a little inconvenient, but I think it's nice and kind of classy.
This foundation photographs beautifully! It has a satin/matte finish and does not oxidize on my skin.
I use the shade Buff.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/18/2014 2:49:00 PM More reviews by Kori3307

I had purchased this awhile back, hoping to love it. My experience with this product was not so pleasant. I have combination skin, and this foundation went into every pore,every fine line I have, and it broke me out on my cheek/chin area. The consistency was nice, the color selection was okay, but I wouldn't recommend this product to any of my friends or family. I love Revlon, but this could have been better!
- Kori