September 1, 2014 | 1950 users online

Moisturizers - Avene - Skin Recovery Cream (US name: Cream For Intolerant Skin)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/4/2009 3:23:00 AM More reviews by ShellShock

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Really nothing special at all for me. I was having an irritated skin day, which happens frequently, it felt raw and uncomfortable.
I"d heard really good things about it so I picked it up.
I expected at least some calming, or cooling effect, it really felt
like any of the other myriad drugstore brand "moisturizers" out there.
It even stung for a while after I put it on. Back to z inc ointment for me, I wish they made a formula that was wearable in public.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2009 9:54:00 PM More reviews by modestyblaise78

I got this as a sample because I am experiencing some skin problems lately, and I must say that this is a great moisturizer.
I am definitely going to buy it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2009 6:18:00 AM More reviews by warhol

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Product description:
Skin Recovery Cream is a lightweight formulation rich in Avène Thermal Spring Water which soothes and protects sensitive skin. It provides specific care for skin which is naturally hypersensitive or has been over-stressed by various aggressions. Apply morning and night after cleansing and soothing your skin with Avène Thermal Spring Water.

Ingredients:
Avene thermal spring water, mineral oil, cyclomethicone, butylene glycol, glycerin, glyceryl stearate, squalane, benzoic acid, carbomer, chlorphenesin, phenoxyethanol, tetrasodium edta, triethanolamine.

Skin type: normal/dry, acne-prone and resistant.

I'm one of those people that hate the feel of moisturizers on my face, but I love Avene Skin Recovery Cream. It's quite a light product that gives my skin the perfect amount of moisture and helps with any dryness or flakes I may have.
I used this moisturizer throughout my Accutane treatment and I found that it helped a lot in keeping the dryness at a tolerable level. After application my skin is left feeling soft and smooth. I will repurchase Avene Skin Recovery Cream over and over again.

Update: I'm still using this moisturizer. It's really the only item in my skin care routine that I know is a complete HG product, I will continue to repurchase this for as long as it's available.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2009 9:39:00 PM More reviews by kkariee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this skin recovery cream! I can't live without it cuz my skin is so sensitive and I use it every day & night.

Can anyone please tell where I can buy this recovery cream in San Francisco? As I'm a traveller here, and I got this product from Hong Kong. I've been to LongDrugs but they don't have it. +_____+

Please tell me what store I can buy this from, but not online! This would help me a lot and I'd much appreciate!

Send me a msg or post up here pleaseeeee! Thanks alot! =D

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2008 4:45:00 AM More reviews by ehen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my night moisturizer - I use L'oreal Revitalift UV during the day and I am so happy to have found this product I could cry! I have been using Tazorac for several months and on the days when I'm not using it (because of its drying/flaking capabilities) I apply moisturizer at night. Everything I tried - all specifically for "sensitive skin" burned, stung and made my face red. Ouch! After reading about Avene on various websites, I ordered the cream for intolerant skin off the internet. It works great - has a wonderful texture and DOES NOT STING in the slightest! Even though it contains mineral oil I have not broken out at all from this product. The only drawback: the price. $25 for a small tube. I would love to say that a little goes a long way but you need an average amount to cover the entire face. However, I am so happy with the results I will def. buy it again. Finally! Some relief from the stinging and burning most all other moisturizers created.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2008 9:30:00 PM More reviews by sayakka

i use this when my skin is in its bad days. this cream isn't really hydrating, but it's simple and calms skn down. no color, no fragrance. and make sure u use it up fast before it runs bad..i guess it is because not a lot of preservatives are added to this. how gentle this can get:D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2008 6:04:00 PM More reviews by apk2

I bought this a few days ago as a kit that was on sale with the thermal water spray for about $23. It is heavier than any face cream I've used in the past. Well, I've only used one, and that's Cetaphil. But this is way more amazing than cetaphil. I found Cetaphil to be too inconsistent. Some days it would give me beautiful skin, other days it would just sit on top of my skin and clog my pores making me all rashy and itchy by the end of the day. I used this and I had none of that. I can't use too much because it would be too heavy for my combination skin, but when I use just a little bit my skin feels like a baby's bum =) I also notice the redness from my pimple has almost completely disappeared when used in conjunction with the thermal water. These two products really must be used together. I tried this cream without the thermal water and found that results are not as great as with. I like this because I can use it day and night. I put on less in the day, and more at night.

EDIT: This is still my HG moisturizer! I can not live without it! I can't believe seeing all the bad reviews but this moisturizer saved my skin! I always get compliments on how perfect my skin is now. I don't use the thermal water anymore though and found that my skin is now okay with that. I do use the cleanance face wash with this and it's THE BEST COMBINATION FOR SKIN CARE EVER!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/5/2008 8:44:00 PM More reviews by CaraC

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product worked so well on my skin when it dried out when I was pregnant, but sadly now that I have had my baby it just sits on my face and clogs my pores :(

rated 1 of 5 on 12/2/2008 9:17:00 PM More reviews by vdn

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Beware rosaceans. I put this on I go red, I wash it off things get better :-/

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2008 4:26:00 PM More reviews by Cottoncandyandlollipops

This is pricey but it is worth EVERY single penny.
I have been using organic essential oils on my face during the summer but found that during a cold Canadian winter they just weren't doing the job.

My skin started to flake and I became very worried as every single cream I've ever tried ranging up to the very extreme of prices broke me out.

I have VERY acne prone skin and this is the only cream that does not cause me to break out. A strange benefit of this cream is that in combination with the Avene thermal water it evens out my skin tone and calms my skin. I'm left with super soft even toned and hydrated skin.

The best cream I have ever used.

Edit: I got a free kit of samples full of Dr Hauschka products, knowing they're all natural I gave them a try and put this cream aside for awhile. I came running back to it within 3 days, it took just one day of using Avene to bring my skin back to normal again. Nothing Ive ever tried works better than this cream, Im a fan for life