December 17, 2014 | 1709 users online

Moisturizers - Avene - Skin Recovery Cream (US name: Cream For Intolerant Skin)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2009 10:55:00 AM More reviews by angeladrylie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

This moisteriser has several things that I love. It doesn't aggravate my sensitive skin and calms down any irritation. The texture is nice, light and creamy. It is gluten free (I have coeliac disease). Makeup goes on over the top fine. It hasn't made me break out. I don't mind the scent. Very light. It is one of the few moisterisers I can use at the moment.

However, I still need a bit more hydration (I have combo skin and this hasn't really helped my dry patches). And I don't really like the packaging - I hate the colours and the design, I think it looks cheap. I don't really like the tube with a screw top lid - I'd prefer a bottle with a pump or at the very least a flip top lid. It is hard to get the right amount to dispense - I always squeeze too much and feel like I am wasting it. But at least it is not in a tub.

I will keep using this, but I am going to keep looking for something to supplement it with, to combat my dryness, Also it is pretty basic so it would be good to get something else to use (maybe alternate with) that has antioxidants etc.

Update 30/9/09: I am still using this, and seem to be going through it quite quickly due to the crappy packaging. It does seem to clog me if I don't use a BHA and if I don't wear makeup does tend to look shiny, but I haven't found an alternative yet, so will continue to use it for now. Most of my dryness has abated now, so was more likely due to irritation from other products that I have abandoned, than this not being enough, but I am still not completly happy. Downgrading from 4 lippies to 3.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2009 4:16:00 AM More reviews by Halloqueen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Bought this cream based on reviews from Drugstore.com It seemed like a reasonable price, and reminded me of Biotherm, which I used to use and love. I have mild rosecea and redness on my face, and my skin runs the gamut of oily and gross, to dry and flaky. I classify it as dry, because anything oriented for oily skin makes me break out. I've tried almost everything under the sun, especially in the winter, to moisturize...from vaseline to La Mer, and this is the only cream that works. It moisturizes, plumps skin up, and soothes ( but does not get rid of) the redness, but I have noticed, in general, that my skin is in much better shape...no blemishes, blackheads or pimples. This cream will actually moisturize a full 24 hours. It gives a glow to your skin that creams 3x the price haven't done for me. I am in the process of switching over to all their skincare products. It's very gentle, no scent, and a little goes a long way despite the small tube. I highly recommend especially if you have problem or dry skin...don't think it will work for those with very oily skin, but check out the entire Avene line...they have products for all skin types.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2009 10:46:00 AM More reviews by Shwets

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Such minimum ingredients and yet difficult to find moisturizers as simple and effective as this! I has no problems with redness, allergy or pore clogging. A wonderful moisturizer that leaves your skin feeling hydrated and smooth. Highly recommended.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2009 7:46:00 AM More reviews by ybabe

Got a sample of this in a swap (thank you, lovely MUAer!) and I'm really liking it! The sample was large enough for me to use it a number of times and I must say I'm impressed.

I have sensitive skin prone to redness and mild rosacea. This did not irritate my skin or exacerbate the redness. The texture is light but still moisturizing enough for my combination skin, and I love the fact that I can wear it to bed and not wake up with a face like an oil slick, which is what happens when I wear heavier creams to bed. This may not be moisturizing enough for very dry skin, but my sensitive combination skin loves it! Not too pricey, either ;)

I happen to need a new moisturizer, so I'm off to purchase a full size tube tomorrow :D

rated 2 of 5 on 4/4/2009 3:23:00 AM More reviews by ShellShock

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Really nothing special at all for me. I was having an irritated skin day, which happens frequently, it felt raw and uncomfortable.
I"d heard really good things about it so I picked it up.
I expected at least some calming, or cooling effect, it really felt
like any of the other myriad drugstore brand "moisturizers" out there.
It even stung for a while after I put it on. Back to z inc ointment for me, I wish they made a formula that was wearable in public.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2009 9:54:00 PM More reviews by modestyblaise78

I got this as a sample because I am experiencing some skin problems lately, and I must say that this is a great moisturizer.
I am definitely going to buy it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2009 6:18:00 AM More reviews by warhol

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Product description:
Skin Recovery Cream is a lightweight formulation rich in Avène Thermal Spring Water which soothes and protects sensitive skin. It provides specific care for skin which is naturally hypersensitive or has been over-stressed by various aggressions. Apply morning and night after cleansing and soothing your skin with Avène Thermal Spring Water.

Ingredients:
Avene thermal spring water, mineral oil, cyclomethicone, butylene glycol, glycerin, glyceryl stearate, squalane, benzoic acid, carbomer, chlorphenesin, phenoxyethanol, tetrasodium edta, triethanolamine.

Skin type: normal/dry, acne-prone and resistant.

I'm one of those people that hate the feel of moisturizers on my face, but I love Avene Skin Recovery Cream. It's quite a light product that gives my skin the perfect amount of moisture and helps with any dryness or flakes I may have.
I used this moisturizer throughout my Accutane treatment and I found that it helped a lot in keeping the dryness at a tolerable level. After application my skin is left feeling soft and smooth. I will repurchase Avene Skin Recovery Cream over and over again.

Update: I'm still using this moisturizer. It's really the only item in my skin care routine that I know is a complete HG product, I will continue to repurchase this for as long as it's available.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2009 9:39:00 PM More reviews by kkariee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this skin recovery cream! I can't live without it cuz my skin is so sensitive and I use it every day & night.

Can anyone please tell where I can buy this recovery cream in San Francisco? As I'm a traveller here, and I got this product from Hong Kong. I've been to LongDrugs but they don't have it. +_____+

Please tell me what store I can buy this from, but not online! This would help me a lot and I'd much appreciate!

Send me a msg or post up here pleaseeeee! Thanks alot! =D

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2008 4:45:00 AM More reviews by ehen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my night moisturizer - I use L'oreal Revitalift UV during the day and I am so happy to have found this product I could cry! I have been using Tazorac for several months and on the days when I'm not using it (because of its drying/flaking capabilities) I apply moisturizer at night. Everything I tried - all specifically for "sensitive skin" burned, stung and made my face red. Ouch! After reading about Avene on various websites, I ordered the cream for intolerant skin off the internet. It works great - has a wonderful texture and DOES NOT STING in the slightest! Even though it contains mineral oil I have not broken out at all from this product. The only drawback: the price. $25 for a small tube. I would love to say that a little goes a long way but you need an average amount to cover the entire face. However, I am so happy with the results I will def. buy it again. Finally! Some relief from the stinging and burning most all other moisturizers created.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2008 9:30:00 PM More reviews by sayakka

i use this when my skin is in its bad days. this cream isn't really hydrating, but it's simple and calms skn down. no color, no fragrance. and make sure u use it up fast before it runs bad..i guess it is because not a lot of preservatives are added to this. how gentle this can get:D