April 18, 2014 | 1268 users online

Moisturizers - Avene - Skin Recovery Cream (US name: Cream For Intolerant Skin)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2008 4:45:00 AM More reviews by ehen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my night moisturizer - I use L'oreal Revitalift UV during the day and I am so happy to have found this product I could cry! I have been using Tazorac for several months and on the days when I'm not using it (because of its drying/flaking capabilities) I apply moisturizer at night. Everything I tried - all specifically for "sensitive skin" burned, stung and made my face red. Ouch! After reading about Avene on various websites, I ordered the cream for intolerant skin off the internet. It works great - has a wonderful texture and DOES NOT STING in the slightest! Even though it contains mineral oil I have not broken out at all from this product. The only drawback: the price. $25 for a small tube. I would love to say that a little goes a long way but you need an average amount to cover the entire face. However, I am so happy with the results I will def. buy it again. Finally! Some relief from the stinging and burning most all other moisturizers created.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2008 9:30:00 PM More reviews by sayakka

i use this when my skin is in its bad days. this cream isn't really hydrating, but it's simple and calms skn down. no color, no fragrance. and make sure u use it up fast before it runs bad..i guess it is because not a lot of preservatives are added to this. how gentle this can get:D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2008 6:04:00 PM More reviews by apk2

I bought this a few days ago as a kit that was on sale with the thermal water spray for about $23. It is heavier than any face cream I've used in the past. Well, I've only used one, and that's Cetaphil. But this is way more amazing than cetaphil. I found Cetaphil to be too inconsistent. Some days it would give me beautiful skin, other days it would just sit on top of my skin and clog my pores making me all rashy and itchy by the end of the day. I used this and I had none of that. I can't use too much because it would be too heavy for my combination skin, but when I use just a little bit my skin feels like a baby's bum =) I also notice the redness from my pimple has almost completely disappeared when used in conjunction with the thermal water. These two products really must be used together. I tried this cream without the thermal water and found that results are not as great as with. I like this because I can use it day and night. I put on less in the day, and more at night.

EDIT: This is still my HG moisturizer! I can not live without it! I can't believe seeing all the bad reviews but this moisturizer saved my skin! I always get compliments on how perfect my skin is now. I don't use the thermal water anymore though and found that my skin is now okay with that. I do use the cleanance face wash with this and it's THE BEST COMBINATION FOR SKIN CARE EVER!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/5/2008 8:44:00 PM More reviews by CaraC

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product worked so well on my skin when it dried out when I was pregnant, but sadly now that I have had my baby it just sits on my face and clogs my pores :(

rated 1 of 5 on 12/2/2008 9:17:00 PM More reviews by vdn

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Beware rosaceans. I put this on I go red, I wash it off things get better :-/

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2008 4:26:00 PM More reviews by Cottoncandyandlollipops

This is pricey but it is worth EVERY single penny.
I have been using organic essential oils on my face during the summer but found that during a cold Canadian winter they just weren't doing the job.

My skin started to flake and I became very worried as every single cream I've ever tried ranging up to the very extreme of prices broke me out.

I have VERY acne prone skin and this is the only cream that does not cause me to break out. A strange benefit of this cream is that in combination with the Avene thermal water it evens out my skin tone and calms my skin. I'm left with super soft even toned and hydrated skin.

The best cream I have ever used.

Edit: I got a free kit of samples full of Dr Hauschka products, knowing they're all natural I gave them a try and put this cream aside for awhile. I came running back to it within 3 days, it took just one day of using Avene to bring my skin back to normal again. Nothing Ive ever tried works better than this cream, Im a fan for life

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2008 6:10:00 AM More reviews by qqwweerrttyy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A little bit expensive but so worth the price, my skin likes to freak out really bad (super super sensitive dry skin , flakes, redness, itchy skin ..) especially in winter but with this but with this it's no big deal anymore, absolutly love it !!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2008 9:55:00 PM More reviews by terriv13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm reviewing this along with the Cicalfate. As I mentioned in that review, I had just about run out of options to making my Renova work without excessive irritation and flaking. I use the Cicalfate at night, and the Cream for Intolerant Skin during the day. I've not had any breakouts, it leaves my skin feeling soft and comfortable, and my makeup wears and looks great all day. I know alot of people are turned off by the mineral oil in it, but however Avene formulates their products, it just simply works for me. I've been getting compliments on my skin looking 'radiant' so I guess that speaks for itself!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2008 2:15:00 AM More reviews by CherryBanana

This is my go to cream when my skin is freaking out. This seems to take away my redness and even seems to calm any blemishes that I get. The redness relief is only temporary though. This a very heavy cream so I only use it at night. It feels very moisturizing on my skin. Its fairly expensive but I only use it occasionally. I would not hesitate to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2008 5:01:00 PM More reviews by Faster

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Anytime i see flakes/dry patches forming on my face i go to this! It is a heavy duty moisturiser & really does help the skin recover. I use it after drying masks & AHA/BHA face washes and it really replenishes the skin without greasyness/stickyness. My skin is quite dry normally but i feel this would be too rich to use as a daily mosturiser but its a great pampering treat for my skin when it needs it, also coming into winter this will be really useful for wind chapped skin.This product also showed its usefulness when my SO got razor burn on his face - i applied some of this cream before bed & all the razor burn was gone in the morning! Impressive! Another great product from Avene.Edit : Now HG - saved my skin from a harsh winter & an allergic reaction to a mineral makeup.Amazing stuff.