December 18, 2014 | 942 users online

Liquid - Lancome - Teint Idole Ultra 24h

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2013 1:16:00 PM More reviews by CarrieNations

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I was hesitant to commit to Lancome Teint Idole 24-Hour, based on the backlash from the reformulation, but I'm happy to say I like it very much. It's nice to my skin, no breakouts at all. Coverage is fantastic. I do mix it with either a little Lancome Teint Miracle or Laura Mercier Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer to cut the thickness a bit; while I love the coverage, I don't typically like a matte or mask-like look. I find that this creates the perfect balance. Right now I'm using 260 Bisque N, but once my summer color fades I might need to step back to 210 Buff N. That's the other great thing about Lancome foundations--there is a good color range for us neutrals who aren't totally yellow or totally pink. With most other foundations, you're kind of stuck with one or the other. I don't have to use very much of this foundation to get good coverage, so I have a feeling one bottle will last quite a while. Two thumbs up.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2013 8:38:00 PM More reviews by glitterbug

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used to avoid Lancome because of their limited color range, and was pleasantly surprised when I found they had a shade yellow enough for my skin tone. Nice, natural looking coverage, and luxurious feel. I have some acne scarring and redness on my cheeks and this covered it without feeling cakey. Buildable coverage; SPF. Nice work, Lancome, thanks for noticing us yellow-toned ladies!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2013 11:37:00 PM More reviews by northernwinterlude

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I attended a Lancome summer make-up event and the make-up artist applied this foundation to my face along with the Matifying Silky Pressed Powder in 400 Bisque. I was matched to the Tient Idole Ultra in 410. My skintone also matches MAC's Studio Fix Fluid in NC44. I do really enjoy using Lancome's make-up products but stayed away from the foundations because the foundation shades were very limited and nothing use to be available in Canada for anyone darker than NC 42. All that seems to have changed in the past 1-2 years with the addition of darker foundation shades. I guess Lancome is trying to appeal to a much broader consumer base. I used up my ten day supply of the foundation
and must say that I like it. Tient Idole gives a light to medium finish and seems fairly easy to apply and blend. I didn't experience any oxidization on my face, and I really like the fact the product stayed on my face all day without fading or settling in my pores. I would definitely buy this foundation in the future, however I have two foundations that I am rotating between and they are Estee Lauder's Double Wear Light in Intensity#4 and MAC's Studio Fix Fluid in NC44

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2013 8:26:00 PM More reviews by composure

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I can't say I hate this but I don't love it either. As I have darken a bit over the summer I was looking for a new foundation. I am a coverage junkie and enjoy a long-wearing formulation which keeps my oily sensitive skin in check.

I was recommended the 230 Buff W, which was a pretty close match to my skin. I wore it for approximately two weeks. For a foundation that costs $50 CDN I had high expectations, especially with a claim of 24 hours of wear. I would use 1 1/2 to 2 pumps to get the coverage I preferred, whilst using a primer/powder/setting spray. It looks quite natural upon first applying but by noon I get a bit oily in the t-zone. I generally blot a little and get on with my day. I noticed it did transfer when I wiped and it wears away at the 9 hour mark. I become overall dewy everywhere on my face, not terrible but not great. I hate dewy, I have incredibly oily skin and enjoy being matte. I didn't notice any breakouts. Great packaging, believe me, I wanted to love this.

I had initially switched from the CoverGirl 3-in-1 (great long wearing formula) to try out something that was "better" for my skin but I am a little disappointed in its performance. Not a bad foundation but more suited for less oilier girls.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2013 12:28:00 PM More reviews by iluvrockie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product for about 4-5 months now. I bought it from Macy's when I was in NEED of a new foundation that matched my skin tone. (I am African American with Brown Skin and Yellow Undertones)

I went to the Lancome counter and purchased this (530 Suede). At the time I had good skin (no acne), but i did have hyperpigmentation left over from acne here and there.

I used this almost everyday with no concelar, and I did enjoy the coverage it gave. I even got compliments on how flawless it looked. I have normal skin, but I felt at times throughout the day it made my face a bit oily, so I had to use my CoverFX bloting powder to help me from looking so shiney.

About a month ago, I started breaking out terribly and I stoped using the foundation. I'm not saying it had anything to do with it, but I did make a bad mistake by working out one day without taking my makeup off before hand.

I'm still working on clearing the acne, but today is actually the first time I'm using since then. Application flawless at 8:00AM, ready to blot at 12:00PM.

I would give this product a 3.5 -4, i would say to try it!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/7/2013 1:39:00 PM More reviews by MsJ2u

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the color match of this foundation. I wear suede. I am NC 50 in Mac. However, after a few days I noticed a few little pimples and some cystic acne. I hated to return it because the color match is awesome as well as the longevity. I'm not sure if I will purchase again. I am using clinique stay matte now b/c it doesn't break me out.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2013 11:44:00 PM More reviews by meggaroni

I'm not 100% on how I feel about this foundation. Some days, i'm in love. It's luxurious, has good coverage without caking and feels light. Other days it clings to dry patches and it's lasting power sucks.

Coverage/colour-matching: I'd say medium to buildable, but I dont believe for a second it's a "24 hour" foundation. It usually just disappears throughout my shift at work, so it's not so good when you have a lot of blemishes you're trying to cover. It does stay pretty matte though, I could blot if I wanted to, but i'm not shiney by the end of the day.
Edit: I tried it with Urban Decay's De-Slick setting spray, and it lasted much longer! I think my face was just getting too oily and slick at work causing my make up to move.

They do have a wide varitey of colors, and tones so you're likely to find a really good match for your skin. I find some do go a little pinky though, so make sure to try it on your neck before you buy.

Texture/formula: Light, liquid. Feels really nice on ... very silky. Has an SPF 15 in it, which is decent... but for anyone that thinks a foundation SPF is worth anything, or a SPF 15 in general even, is sorely mistaken. If it had an SPF 45-60 UVA/UVB protection, that'd be alot better. (the number of SPF isn't the amount of protection it gives you, it's the length of time it allows for protection.) So this would only cover you from UVB's only for MAYBE an hour, and that's from the time you put it on in the morning, not when you leave your house. So... pretty useless that it's in there, it's just a selling point really.

Price: Overpriced. You're paying for the brand for sure, I wouldn't say it's worth the $50. Maybe $30.

Packaging: Luxurious. Has a pump which is nice, but on the other hand.. It doens't look like it'd be easy to pop the top off to get the last bit at the bottom when you're getting close to done. It's a glass containing, with a frosted finish .. So you do get what you pay for in packaging.
Edit: I was wrong! Very easy to screw off the cap and get as much as I could out of the bottom.

Luckily, i didn't actually purchase this, I got it free from work as a gratis... but because of it's price and the fact that it's not super effective, I will not be purchasing it for myself. I will finish the bottle, because I do like it on when I don't have any dryness.The fresh wear foundation that lancome had was a lot better in my opinion. You're better off to go for Revlon color stay and get better lasting ability at a third of the price.

Edit: I did end up repurchasing myself because I can't find anything else I like with this amount of coverage and air-brushed look! Revlon's colour stay ultimately proved too cakey. I still prefer if I can get it free from work, but gratis wasn't for awhile and I needed a go-to work foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2013 10:04:00 PM More reviews by tylergoodwinn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Absolutely the best foundation I've ever used. MAC, Makeup Forever, or any of the other competitors DO NOT even hold a candle to this product. My face will look the exact same as when I first put it on, and even before setting it with a powder, it has a unbelievably flawless finish. I use my beauty blender and the combanation is unbeatable. Living in the south where it is always humid makes it difficult to keep that flawless look with foundations BUT this one has never failed me. No matter how long I'm outside, this foundation never fluctuates. Lancôme killed it with this foundation. It's worth every penny. Especially considering I have EXTREMEMLY sensitive skin (side effects of acutane) I never have breakouts caused by this product. Two thumbs up for sure. Be sure to keep your foundation brush clean though!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2013 4:25:00 PM More reviews by mrszombabe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Okay so this foundation is far from 'affordable' as it is 50$ (CAD) before taxes.
Anyways, I was browsing sephora and actually had my eye on the Kat von D lockit foundation, because I heard the coverage was good. I put it on my hand, and it made my skin feel like mask, way too thick for my liking. So the sales associate told me to give this a try, I was skeptical because of the price, didn't think any foundation would be worth 50 bucks.

So, she put it on me, and a finishing powder and without a primer. I was pretty surprised how close to flawless it looked WITHOUT a primer! Anyways, I left the store with the foundation, and was pretty happy about it.

Okay, so the low-down on this is it is a Matte liquid foundation that is full coverage and very buildable (It also has a pump!!). I have never had any issues with this being 'cakey' at all, and with a smashbox primer underneath it works wonders. I have NEVER had a foundation made me look this flawless. It covers the red in my cheeks and chin very well also. It lasts all day, and stays matte (I sometimes get shine on my nose and chin, but rarely. Only when it is really humid) I've actually been setting it with Rimmel stay matte, and this combination has been working nicely!
I also don't find it very heavy on the skin, I can't really feel it there during the day and it doesn't seem to transfer. You will still need a good under eye concealer though, as this doesn't do much for bad under eye circles!
I haven't had any breakouts from it, though I don't really have sensitive skin.

I think lancome really knocked it out of the park with this one, out of all the foundations I tried be it drugstore or High end, this is one I can see myself buying over and over again!
I highly recommend this! The only reason it's not 5 lippies is because it's fairly expensive :(

(Make sure your brush is clean when applying, or it won't apply well!!)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2013 11:00:00 PM More reviews by lionz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a foundation that looks flawless whether it is in natural or artificial lighting. The Ivoire C shade is perfect for my skin tone- not too yellowy, just a tiny bit pink. It is full coverage without ever looking cakey. I wore this to 9 hour work shifts without ever retouching, as well as in tropical climates. The pump packaging is divine. I switched to Lancome a year ago after using Clinique for about two years, and to be honest I don't think I'll switch until the day I stop using foundation!