July 28, 2014 | 1204 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - NARS - Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2013 6:07:00 PM More reviews by Mannie1125

Hands down, best tinted moisturizer I've ever used. The color ranges aren't extensive, but it is sheer, so it can be easily blended in/out to match most skin shades.
If you're like my mom, so pale/white you're practically clear (lol), then you wont be able to use this product. The lightest shade, Finland (which is what I have), is at the darker end of light shades-just before you'd be considered a medium skin tone. It does not oxidize after applying.

Having said that though, this shade is just a fraction of a hair too light for me, but Alaska is too dark on its own (at least during the winter months). Really to get a perfect shade that doesn't wash me out or look too dark, I'd need to mix both the 2 lightest colors together (Finland and Alaska).
I find Finland has just a hint of yellow tone to it, and Alaska to have a hint of orange/pink to it.

The price is up there for a tinted moisturizer, in my opinion. It isn't a foundation, but it isn't really enough to moisturize for real either. And because the shades are limited, having to buy two and mixing them, really makes the price too high.

It blends in great, but it kind of "sits" on the skin too. If you rub your face it easily comes off, and it doesn't last all day on its own. Like when you spend all day outside in the sun and by mid day it starts to break down and melt away. I find all tinted moisturizers do that though, so it was to be expected already.
This has the most natural color and finish though of all the tinted moisturizers I've ever tried (MANY, lol).

Comes in a plastic squeeze tube. Have to be careful the force of squeeze you give it. Easy to get too much and waste it.

I prefer the natural face makeup look for foundations/etc. When I don't want to wear full on sheer foundation though, I use this. It wont hide flaws or zits, but it gently evens out slight redness/uneven tone. Your skin shows through.

Doesn't really have a smell, and doesn't irritate my skin. Works great with a light dusting of Nars's new radiant pressed powder on top.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2013 8:28:00 PM More reviews by shannonkolsen

I am a full coverage foundation girl. But lately, I've been over that full-done up look. I want to look more like myself, more natural, but still have some coverage. I have been very impressed with this tinted moisturizer. I would actually say it has more coverage than some foundations! My skin looks fresh, glowy and even and it doesn't feel like I have anything on. The product seems to sink into the skin beautifully. I like how I can still see my freckles too. I've tried a lot of tinted moisturizers and I've been the most impressed with this one. I live in AZ and I see this being my go-to face product this summer!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2013 11:10:00 AM More reviews by materialface

I've pretty much finished this TM within a year, of using it on/off. I would say this is a great summer TM. The color range is not wide enough for fair-skinned people. I purchased this in the second lightest shade: Alaska, and in the winter months, this makes my skin orange. I'm on the fence about repurchasing it because I'm not completely in love with it, and it is quite pricey, however it is NARS. I would recommend to try a sample of this first.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2013 11:35:00 AM More reviews by afm6348a

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I introduced this to my GF in the Philippines and she like it for her skin tone. Now she wants me to buy more of this....

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2013 5:54:00 PM More reviews by Sahara1976

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've just recently been introduced to TM and to be honest it's great if you don't want to looked caked on. Nars TM is great I just use my fingers to put it on and it looks flawless. This is very light coverage which I love . However I do find after a couple of hours (5hours) I feel I have no TM on. Not ideal for long hours coverage. I have had no break outs and once I've washed my face my face still feels very soft. It does give you a natural glow. I am asian fairly fair skin and was matched to st moritz. This product is better than the MAC tinted moisturiser which is very dry and it broke me out with spots.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2013 5:34:00 AM More reviews by juliaesands

This is one of the best tinted moisturizers I've ever used. My current stock includes Laura Mercier Illuminating TM (Natural Radiance), MAC TM in Medium, Neutrogena Healthy Radiance Light-Medium, and Bobbi Brown (the reg. version in Light-Medium) but since I've been introducted to this, I think I'm a convert. The texture right out of the tube (which seals and closes perfectly, very little wasted product) has a slightly gelled texture that blends beautifully over just-moisturized skin. There is enough pigment in the moisturizer to make it perfect for doing just a bit more than evening out the skin tone and the product relaxes into your skin immediately. With some moisturizers, esp BB, I noticed that it took a bit for the product to sink in and once it did, I liked the effect it gave me. This is much quicker and the semi-matte finish it gives, soft-to-the-touch, is perfect for me.

To note: I have mixed-to-drier skin. I can't wear heavy creams because they just don't absorb very well and then I get the beginnings of a breakout. I tend to look for products that add moisture, but aren't heavy or greasy in texture.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2013 2:22:00 PM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

got this in st.moritz and its a perfect shade for my winter, mac C4, nars stromboli face. i wear barcelona in the summer so i might have to step up to the next shade come tan face time. application went on smooth and not streaky. no discernible fragrance. perfect yellow undertone. gives me just enough coverage, i dont like to use full coverage foundations that much because it looks so cakey and mask like. this brings a nice even tone and glow to my face. gave it a 4 because i have to wait and see if i break out from this. i have a very acne prone, oily face. aside from this TM, i am thinking of purchasing urban decays naked skin in level 6. got a sample of that and its SO light and gives good coverage. this tm worked best for my oily skin during the winter, summer its too oily. not recommend for dry skin types.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/28/2013 7:39:00 AM More reviews by allyclare

Broke me out and made my face itchy. Beautiful finish however. Any product with the silicone dimethicone listed high on the ingredients list will give me tiny acne bumps - barely noticeable but you can see them in certain lighting. I need to be more careful and only purchase products will little or no silicone.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2013 5:38:00 PM More reviews by sitknee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am NC20-25, very yellow. I was matched to Alaska, which seemed to work out. This tinted moisturizer gives a good amount of coverage, about medium, and can definitely be sheered out. I thought it felt a little greasy and did not enjoy the way it felt on my skin. It has a very dewy finish and was not good for my oily skin even with a good primer or after powdering -- it did not last on me.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2013 1:00:00 AM More reviews by hamdi808

Was really excited but ended up not 100% satisfied with the Nars. Due to the fact that it didn't match my skin tone and doesn't really give any coverage.

Will finish the bottle as it was really expensive. You will need concealer to apply areas that the tinted moriturizer doesn't cover, e.g under eye and around the mouth.