Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter in Peach Parfait

3.5

on 9/1/2012 9:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I really like this color. I don't mind the glitter, it gives my lips an even fuller appearance and I don't feel anything 'gritty.' If this may bother you, however, don't buy this shade. That said, it's the perfect light peachy-coral color on my lips. Tutti Frutti was a tad too orange on me but this works well on my skintone. I paired it this summer with peachier and bronze shades and it looked great. I'd repurchase.

on 8/27/2012 9:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

This color was nothing special because it looks like my natural lip color covered in glitter. The glitter made this lipstick feel gritty on my lips and dry. There is a mild sweet scent and no taste to it. I tossed this.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this lippie! If it didn't have the glitter particles on the stick I'd give this 5 stars. The glitter doesn't show on the lips - its just this juicy pinky peach shade that is almost a dupe for my HG lipstick Korres Lip Butter in Naked Rose.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I was super excited about this particular shade, a) because I already owned Tuttie Frutti and I love it and b) it's the shade Emma Stone is wearing in the ad and it looks all sophisticated and coral.

Well.

I guess some people like sparkle. But what I really, really wanted was the coral like Emma Stone was wearing. I can't stand sparkle, and I think it looks like a weird gloss if you put more than one layer on. The one thing I will give the sparkly texture is that the sparkles don't last longer than the color. I wanted to love this so badly!

I can see why people would love it though. I can't go to my school wearing lip product besides complete mlbb, or else people gossip (I know...pathetic) and so while I will wear this on weekends or with family and ESPECIALLY during the summer, I gave it a low rating because nothing about it is as advertised.

on 8/23/2012 8:06:00 PM

So I got this because of all the raves from beauty gurus, and well, I like the colour but it would definetly be soo much better if it wasn't for the shimmer. The colour is pigmented enough but I dont feel it moisturing my lips or anything like "butter" at all

on 8/18/2012 7:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I wanted to love this color so badly but the crazy glitters get in the way. It's such a beautiful color, it's a peach shade with some coral and a bit red, very warm which suits me. It's not over the top but just enough to give you some color and brighten your face up. This would have been the IT shade for me, but man oh man, I thought I could handle the glitters but this is just too much, it leaves chunky gold flakes on my lips and some ended up on my face. The glitters make my lips feel dry even though this lip butter is supposed to be moisturizing like a lip balm. I wish Revlon could just go easy on the glitters, they really need to reformulate this one.

on 8/15/2012 3:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love the colour of this, but I do find the glitter to be a bit much. It just makes it seem really gritty, the pigmentation, is really nice, and like I said... I do really like the colour. I would like to try some more of the colours as well. Not sure if I'll repurchase this particular one though..

I can see what everyone means by shimmer and glitter.. and the texture is affected by this.. it feels rough to apply on.. I don't mind.. a few times and I actually like the shimmer in this.. there is a lovely pigmentation in it.. I just would apply carefully because that glitter isn't the nicest of smooth creamy lipstick..

on 8/5/2012 1:09:00 AM

Peach Parfait is like a lipstick version of NARS Orgasm. It is a coral-pink base with golden shimmer in it. Unlike the other lip butters, the texture is a bit rough because of the shimmer. I think the wear time is average (2-3 hours without eating) and it does not stain your lips.

I really do love this lipstick. It looks like a glorified lip gloss and compliments my skin very well. It's classy and is a great lipstick to finish any look.

I have heard that this lip stick is a dupe for a shade in the Dior Addict line, however I haven't actually compared them myself.

I believe I got this on sale for a little over $5 at Rite Aide, although it normally retails around 7 or 8 in my town.

I love the Revlon lip butters! I started with strawberry shortcake and this was my second one purchased. It's a peachy pink with gold sparkles. The color itself reminds me of my Nars Orgasm blush and it lights up my whole face. I'm very fair with red hair and green eyes, so this shade brings the perfect amount of color and warmth to my face. A lot of people don't like the sparkles in this color (gritty/too vavavoom), but personally I don't mind. I think it ups the glam factor which makes me love it that much more. Aside from the sparkles, the texture itself is exactly like all the other lipbutters; very moisturizing and surprisingly long wearing. Def. a lipcolor staple in my makeup bag!