July 24, 2014 | 2140 users online

Blush - Maybelline - Dream Bouncy Blush (All Shades)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2012 5:51:00 PM More reviews by pinkfrost52

I regret purchasing this. I have one in the shade 'Hot Tamale' (a bright reddish coral) and although it appears very bright in the pan, it applies incredibly sheer on my skin. (For reference, I'm NC25-30). It takes several swipes of the product for the colour to show up on my skintone and I was disappointed since 'Hot Tamale' was one of the bolder colours to choose from. I guess I just expected more? The consistency feels like memory foam and leaves a slight indentation when you press into it. Texture-wise, it is pretty creamy and applies/blends easily on the skin. It does not stay put though! It melted off my face an hour after application and my cheeks are not even oily! I definitely DON'T recommend these blushes! They're far too gimmicky.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2012 10:18:00 PM More reviews by princessplumjade

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

FYI: I am a Latina woman with very fair olive skin, combination type (dry forehead, oily nose & chin, normal cheeks) in early maturity (minor facial lines, dark circles, redness). Shade refs: LM Creme Silk in Cream Ivory, Bobbi Brown in Warm Ivory, Revlon Colorstay in Buff

FYI (2): Maybelline tests its products on live animals. For this reason, I have ceased purchasing their products. This review refers to product use prior to my awareness of their animal testing status.

I wasted money on two of these, Petal Pink and a deep plum wine shade.

Terrible quality and messy application. I had to scrub the surface of the blush with my fingertip to get enough color to dab onto my face. The Petal Pink was more orange-y on my skin. It's not very moveable, either.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2012 8:36:00 PM More reviews by sweetfart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

The concept of this blush is cool and cute: it really does have a sort of bouncy feeling to it. It's like a compact whipped creme.

Problem is, the results suck. This is VERY SHEER. I am NW20 and I bought this in 15 Rose Petal. I had to cake on about 6 layers of this to show up, at which point is began getting grainy and cakey. I usually use powder blushes, and I have the feeling anything but powder should not be applied over liquid foundation? It seems to smear off the foundation underneath, even if I lightly dab or blot it on with a brush. All of the bouncy blushes have a silver sheen to them - and not in a pretty, luminizing way. It looks very fake and kinda washes out my complexion.

Once again, cool concept but it just didn't work.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/23/2012 11:31:00 PM More reviews by pinkielips1299

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i thought this product looked really cool so i made my mom buy two for me. The colors of these blushes are really nice and natural but the texture is really weird and hard to work with. When i went to get some product from the pan all the product felll right off like one big block of blush!!!! Not to mention the colors fade quickly. All and all not a smart buy in my opinion, it is fun to play with though.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2012 11:23:00 PM More reviews by beforerushhour

Super natural! Not oily, but still light and creamy.

Fresh pink looks great on all skin tones, but I am thinking about trying some of the other colors.

Makes my cheeks look healthy and glowing. A go-to drug store blush. Now it's time for maybeline to make a bronzer!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2012 10:30:00 AM More reviews by samisparkle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this blush. it's very creamy, blendable, and buildable. all of the colors are so pretty, at least in the pan. The blush works well.. Kind of hard to apply by brush, though. I use my fingers.
My only issue is that its kind of a gimmick in the way that most people only buy it because its bouncy. I feel like lately, maybelline is focused more on the image of their products and not so much the quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2012 12:01:00 PM More reviews by thesarahmichellee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

One you get past the non blush filament, this stuff is AMAZING!! You just have to break through that top coat. It goes on like cream but is really lightweight like a powder. I love this and I'm probably not buying another blush ever again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2012 1:19:00 PM More reviews by KillCloud9

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this product on sale for $7 at Shoppers in Orchid Hush. It's an extremely sheer purply pink, nice for a light dewy look. I was a bit disappointed in the pigmentation for this shade. It doesn't show up too well on my cheeks although I'm quite pale. I'm hoping as my tan fades it will be nicer...
The texture is weird. It didn't come out very well in my finger, so out of frustration I pretty much wiped it on my face and blended (haha!) THAT worked. Tomorrow I'll try a brush.
Next time I see it on sale I might try it in brighter color, but it's definitely not something I'll be using regularly.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/12/2012 8:19:00 PM More reviews by VintageBeauty427

AWESOME PRODUCT! The texture is so fun to play with lol! I got the shade FRESH PINK and it gives my cheeks the most natural glow! You could build up the color too! I will try HOT TAMALE next time! :)

*UPDATE* I suddenly kinda dislike this product..it just sits with my other makeup now! It's good for a super quick application but there's no WOW factor you know what I mean?AND,it's pretty expensive! Plus,all kinds of gunk(hair,dust,etc) sticks to the product..
Not a huge fan anymore...

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2012 2:25:00 PM More reviews by noaa01

I LOVE this blush. The color is very pigmented, it doesn't make me break out, and I love the texture. I would definitely feel comfortable saying that it is my favorite blush. I prefer it to all the powder blushes by far.