December 19, 2014 | 1500 users online

Lips - L'Oreal - Colour Riche Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2012 2:44:00 AM More reviews by showSTOPPER

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Have in tender mauve, absolutely beautiful nude-mauve colour, nice for girls like me who enjoy a lavender or mauve tint to their lipsticks. High shine, sheer so needs a few layers, lasting power not great but didn't expect it to be, moisturising, and smells lovely!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/16/2012 4:08:00 PM More reviews by sourrcherry

I have the colors Rose Elixir and Caring Coral. RE gives a nice shade of pink that looks very natural but CC is clear on me :( I love the packaging and the actual product a ton more than the Revlon lip butter but I don't think I'll buy again because these two will last me awhile. I gave it 3 lippies because it has a sunblock taste (not too bad but I still strongly dislike that lol)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2012 6:57:00 PM More reviews by lnajaar

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

EDIT: Ditched this for the FLOWER Lip Service Lip Butter in "Princess and The Peony". It's the color and everything else I wanted from the L'Oreal balm, and no testing on animals. Win-Win.

I bought this in Rose Elixir because rose is my best MLBB color. I'm not a fan of opaque lipstick, nor do I like high shine lip gloss. I really want something in between, so I look for balms. Many balms have been discontinued over the years, so I find myself searching for new ones. Right now, this is the best balm I can find. It is more transparent, slippery and shiny than I prefer. Although it's oil-based and shinier than I expected, it's not a glassy lip gloss shine.

Everyone is talking about how this compares with Revlon's lip butters. I tried the rose shade in the Revlon product, and took an instant dislike to it. It was an unnatural opaque color, dry, and looked like it was sitting on the surface of my lips instead of blending with them. The L'Oreal balm looks like the color comes from the depths of my lips; much more natural. Plus, you can put it on without a mirror because there is no need to be precise.

I found a blog with a very good picture of the balms swatched on an arm if you'd like to see the colors. You will see more color payoff than expected once the balm is built up. http://glamtrotter.com/loreal-balm-swatches/

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/15/2012 1:15:00 AM More reviews by YellowLantern

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

If you were one of the people complaining that the Revlon Lipbutters were too pigmented then these are for you. Despite the name "Colour Riche" there is definitely no richness of color in this balm. I bought the color Pink Satin hoping it would tone down the color of my naturally reddish-pink with a hint of mauve colored lips and add a little more pinkness to them. However this is pretty much a clear gloss with a very fine and subtle pink shimmer (the shimmer does not feel gritty on the lips).

In terms of its ability as a lip balm this is just okay. It feels a little more moisturizing/comfortable than the Revlon Lipbutters, but I still don't think it's moisturizing on the same level of an actual lip balm. Like the Lipbutters this has pretty poor longevity and I have to reapply every hour at least. These have a very subtle, sweet scent though after ten minutes on the lips the scent fades. Overall I don't think this is terrible, but it just seems like mediocre quality lip balm that wears off quickly since there isn't much color to speak off. To put it another way, I get more noticeable color from cherry chapstick and since chapstick is cheaper I see little point in recommending this.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2012 3:59:00 PM More reviews by DeltaJuliet

I bought this in the Berry shade last week and I love it. I'm trying to decide which color to get next...maybe the nude.
I find it to be just right...hydrating enough and a bit of color, which is exactly what I was looking for.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2012 2:13:00 PM More reviews by carinnemj

I agree with the others that this product is good but not great. I really wanted the new Fresh tinted lip balm in Coral but when I saw these on sale at the grocery store, I picked one up in Caring Coral to see if it would satisfy that craving. I like the buttercream scent, the pretty gold and translucent peach packaging, the nongoopy formula, and the SPF 15, but the color payoff just isn't there. It shows up as nothing on the back of my hand, and just shine on my lips. It's also very lightly hydrating, so it won't heal cracked lips or work miracles.

I'm happy enough with it for $5.99 but I wish it were either a better balm or had a better tint.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2012 6:47:00 PM More reviews by JayLammMD

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ok, so I kept reading the great reviews on this product. So I decided to give it a try. I'm still looking for my HG lip prodcuct since Christian Dior stopped making my favorite of all time.
I love the way this product goes on. I think I purchased it in Nude. I thought there is not way with it feeling this nice at first that it was going to last. To my GREAT surprise a couple of hours later after having a Diet Mountian Dew (now talk about HG) Love me some dew. I digress sorry; After 2-3 hours the product was still on my lips and it still felt great. I love this so much that I am going to send it in "Berry" to my mother for mothers day. She's 76 now and unsless I'm there to apply sometimes something that is to Lip Stickie (is that a word)? ....can be a little over-whelming. I think she's going to love this product. I looks and feels great and will give her a little colour, that will be forgiving if she makes a little mistake when applying.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2012 6:34:00 PM More reviews by icepunkprincess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I got this in Heavenly Berry and it does not show up on my lips at all. Otherwise, though, this is a lovely balm. It is moisturizing, smells like cotton candy and the packaging is lovely.If you have pigmented lips, though, you'll probably want to pass on these.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2012 3:35:00 PM More reviews by songy67

I'm not usually sensitive to lip products but this one in particular makes my lips peel like crazy. It's unfortunate, because I really enjoy the smooth slick texture of these and the sheer color payoff and color selection. I picked up a couple when they first launched - Nourishing Nude and Caring Coral are my favorites. Tender Mauve is a slightly cooler dupe of Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Boy, IMO. The packaging is very pretty and I'm a fan of the slight fruity/ floral scent and I also appreciate lip products with spf... But again, it's unfortunate that my lips react negatively to something in these, otherwise they would be an HG item to throw in my makeup bag or purse.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2012 9:06:00 AM More reviews by gc2011

Got this on a whim in Tender Mauve - and I LOVE it!

It is a spot-on match for my natural lipcolor. The balm consistency moisturizes, adds shine, and has enough color to show up but look very natural. These lip balms feel amazing on, too, and they have spf 15. This particular color seems to go with everything, too.

I like this so much better than Revlon's Lip Butters. Revlon's product really dries my lips out when I use it often. :(

Will repurchase, and will buy more of these.