April 18, 2014 | 1109 users online

Foundations - Maybelline - Dream Nude Airfoam Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2012 7:28:00 PM More reviews by bailokaye

This thing was just a big mess. After shaking it and pressing the nozzle multiple times it finally gushed out (yuck). I go to spread it on my face and it goes on blotchy, uneven, and escentuates every tiny dry spot on my skin. It looked VERY masky and fake. Even though I bought the lightest shade it was too yellow. For $11, it was a total waste.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2012 5:54:00 PM More reviews by sink

This stuff is awesome! I hated it at first, but I combined it with other foundations & it works beautifully. It gives you a light coverage which is good for me cause
I just have sun spots I wanna cover. Gives me a matte finish. Color is pretty close to my skin tone, and skin type. Good all around - Tzone.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/23/2012 2:02:00 PM More reviews by Mikirulez

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought the lightest shade and I looked so orange it was embarassing! Try squirting a little out and half the foam in the bottle comes out >:( didn't blend either!!! maybelline liquid/mousse foundations all suck! The revlon one is fantastic though!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2012 5:26:00 PM More reviews by Hayxoh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this at my walgreens for a sad $11! I was still very excited to use it. When I got out of my walgreens, and was heading into walmart. I looked up the reviews for this product on my phone. Seeing all the horrible reviews, my heart sunk and I thought of taking it back before I opened it. Thinking about how products work differently for everyone, I still wanted to try it out. I'm glad I did. I wanted this product in the first place because of the adorable commercial! Now I see, it is very light....before you rub it in. I spray the foam (which I LOVE!) out of the back of my hand. This formula is so concentrated a little goes a looonggg way, sadly, you can't take out a "little." You can't really control how much the pump lets out, even if you just put a little pressure on the top. This product can look extremely cakey on your skin. I have acne prone skin so it does on mine. It gives light to medium coverage. I won't be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2012 8:24:00 AM More reviews by poetsdream7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'll get the cons out of the way first,only one...the dispenser (packaging, whatever), I hate that no matter how well you shake it, there's always a bit flying off somewhere--onto my clothes, the shower curtain (which is quite a distance away!), my hair...sigh, you get the idea. It may be user error, I admit If anyone has found a way to dispense this stuff w/out it spitting, please let me know. Anyway, I do like this product. I love how it feels very light, covers just enough, can be built up to med coverage. A perfect Summer foundation, IMO.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2012 11:16:00 PM More reviews by 1SmartCookie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I really enjoy this foundation. I will definitely say if you are looking for a heavier coverage foundation, this is not for you. I have a few problem areas (redness, acne) and for the most part it does cover it. I do use concealer over in some places though as needed. I love the fact that this is extremely lightweight, and I don't need to worry about it looking cakey. Be careful about some of the shades looking orange. The shade I have is 240 Natural Beige and it is the perfect shade for me while I am tan. I apply it with my hand, and while it does come out slightly orange, it adjusts just right on my face and does not look orange. Also to help with that I use a lighter shade of powder over it. I have extremely oily skin, and while I still get oily, this is the best foundation I have used that helps control that. One of the complaints I have with this is when you first open it, it comes out straight up white. I was disappointed because while it did state that on the packaging, I feel like some of the product was wasted. Which also leads me to being careful when dispensing the product, it is super easy to dispense more than you need, but if that happens just use it where you need extra coverage :) Definitely recommend for lightweight coverage, and for oily skins! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2012 11:06:00 AM More reviews by smileandactnice

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love playing with makeup and switching things up so I figured I'd try this on a whim. I hadn't seen the commercials or anything, just came across it in the drugstore and decided to give it a go....so I wasn't sure what to expect--like, does it spray on or what???
Anyways, you shake it up and spray a clump onto the back of your hand. It comes out kinda like mousse like for your hair. The color is pretty light and deceiving--it goes on darker. I use a flat, teardrop shaped sponge(damp) to dab it on where I need coverage, and kind of blend it out. This doesn't cover very well, but it does give the skin a really nice feel. Once it dries though, if you apply a dusting of powder to set it, your skin looks luminous and natural not artificial at all. It doesn't cover entirely well, which is I guess the point of HD makeups--so it doesn't look completely fake on-camera...but for those of us not on-camera, it doesn't do a whole lot if your complexion isn't great to start with. I conceal, highlight and correct before applying and just dab this over. Once set though, it does give your skin a very smooth appearance and a very natural look. The colors though are a bit unnatural and look kinda freaky. I used the second to lightest and it goes on a little dark, clings to the skin so it doesn't blend thoroughly...but a little careful application with a sponge evens it out nicely.
I like that it's light weight for summer, and it does give my sadly-pale skin a nice bit of glow. And so far, no breakouts and my skin feels very nice with it on. Oh, and when you rinse it off at night, your skin does feel much nicer than when you wear heavier foundations or even the MMU's...It's got some kind of skin benefits to it so that's a plus.
The only downside I can see are the colors being unnatural, but they do blend out to something resembling human skin.lol And you really do need to set it with powder in order for it to actually work right.
Not too expensive and the spray-mousse type bottle is kinda kitchy so I'd def buy this again. Hope they work on the colors though for the future because nobody I know is naturally any of the colors they have....

rated 1 of 5 on 6/10/2012 1:30:00 PM More reviews by LeroyDuncan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

This foundation is a JOKE.
Firstly the packaging uses aerosol and the lightest tap dispenses too much foundation.
It comes out as a very thick looking mouse.
I tried two methods of putting this on.
1. Popping the bubbles and applying it as a liquid, this make is easy to blend, but I may as well have been applying water to my face, there is no coverage, none, even if you're looking for sheer coverage you will be disappointed, this does nothing for evening out skin tone. As for lasting powder, frankly I couldn't tell whether I still had it on or not. It's awful.
2. I tried using a brush and applying it while it still had air in it, this was a massive mistake, it wouldn't blend, but at least you could see the foundation... when it dried I was left with little "holes" all around the creases of my face where it had dried.
AVOID!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/6/2012 9:39:00 AM More reviews by EmiriamdD

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought and returned this foundation in the space of 24 hours. Totally useless. Nothing more than a vaguely tinted moisturizer. And I do mean vaguely--it offers absolutely no coverage, no evening out of complexion, nothing. It's just...mousse. I could probably cook a vanilla mousse myself, add a little food coloring, and get the same thing. I have no idea what Maybelline was thinking. Ridiculous.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/6/2012 9:31:00 AM More reviews by crystelle07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was interested in trying this new Air- Mousse Foundation, I have normal skin, not dry and not oily, with little to no blemishes. I liked this foundation because it was very sheer once applied and not heavy. I only need small-medium coverage, so if you are looking for heavy all day coverage, this foundation is not for you. I live in Central Texas where the humidity is insane during the summer, so I like how this mousse felt very light weight and not like my face was melting. You do need a finishing powder to set in the foundation.