October 24, 2014 | 1403 users online

Liquid - Revlon - PhotoReady Airbrush Mousse Makeup

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2012 10:46:00 PM More reviews by o0Krista0o

So i've never tried a Revlon foundation product before, but i've heard better things about this one then the Maybelline airfoam. First of all, it smells bad. Like really bad. Second of all, the pump is very hard to control. However, i do like the coverage it gave me. I don't really have skint with a lot of imperfections so this was the perfect formula for me. I do have oily skin, but i like how this managed to kind of dry matte. However, it caked below my eyes and showed lines that i don't really have because i'm only 13! i would not repurchase but it was nice to try out.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2012 12:04:00 AM More reviews by magicloop2009

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

A new great produt revlon has made. I love the airbrishing. It belnds in very well and a I baught a cfolour that gives a slight glowly tan. It's great for cfameras and photos, when my photos wrere deeloped and the videos I made or youtube, or even a night to dine out it is good for I was surprised how this makeup worked very well, like magic and it stays for more than 8+ hours.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2012 8:20:00 PM More reviews by meeksb11

I have been a fan of the revlon photoready liquid makeup, so naturaly when this version came out I was excited to try it. Before then I had been seeing several "mousse" foundations on market, but had restrained from buying because they wernt in drugstore brands I thought i could trust. The foundation is not really what i would consider a "mousse." Though im fine with that. When I first sprayed out the product into my hand I was so excited, the consistency of it was like a frothy cream, but once I started applying it to my face, it loses the foamyness & morphs into a soft textured liquid foundation, which was dissapointing to me. It blends very nicely & feels thick enough, but not too much to where it heavy on my skin. Its about a medium coverage. The one thing I liked the most about it is how it lasted. One of my biggest problems with most liquid foundations is how it starts to get oily then smears & rubs off with just the lightest touch from something, but with this foundation it stayed perfectly put without being like a mask. To me it looks natural in some places but not on others. On place where my skin is more tight like my nose it looked a little like an average foundation half blended- half sitting on my skin. But on soft areas like my cheeks it covered imperfections looking like I was wearing no makeup at all. Its a good foundation, but not good enough to be one of my favorites. I prefer my original liquid photoready, the only thing I like about this one better compared to the original, is the dewyness on my skin. It left it more natural & less matte than my liquid photoready.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/25/2012 4:54:00 AM More reviews by iSpyaDiva

I was really fascinated initally by this foundation. I loved the mousse formula and how it sprayed out from the bottle. I didn't however, like the smell. It smelt really chemically, kind of like paint...in a mild way. I applied this with a stiff stippling brush, worked really well. But I didnt like how it would take a while for the foundation to set and it felt quite wet on my face. So i would press it in afterwards with a sponge. This seemed to really work!

I felt the colour range was pretty poor, along with the packaging. I didnt like how it you sprayed too much out, there wasnt anything you could do about it! I also thought the price was pretty pricey for a drugstore foundation. But again, this is australian prices so obviously a lot more expensive then other places. I probably wouldn't repurchase, I feel there are other better foundations out there, but its not too terrible.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2012 7:04:00 PM More reviews by artoffacial

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this foundation. It looked like flawless skin in a bottle on me!. I actually posted how impressed I was about it on FaceBook. It has a natural dewy skin finish so if you are looking for a matte finish, STAY AWAY. You can opt for a powder on top of it to reduce the glow. If you are looking for natural looking skin with a dewy glow this is perfect. Unfortunately, the darkest shade is caramel and this is what I had to purchase. It's perfect for me for summer because I'm a little darker than usual. But for most women of color this is not a very dark shade. Anyway, if you are fortunate enough to fall within the color lines offered by this product, please give it a try. The size is fairly small for the price, but the product is worth it!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/23/2012 4:34:00 PM More reviews by missdenise4u

For Price I give it a 2 the reason being this is a small bottle and when you squeeze the cap a very abundant amount of the mousse comes out. I recommend lightly pressing it otherwise you wil certainly waste a lot of the product.

My overall rating in solely based on my experience. I hate caked on makeup. I like my makeup to feel light yet have a medium to full coverage and bland right into my skin. I bought this without doing research i simply went to the store and said hey let me give this a try. I had been going back and fourth between laura mercier and mac foundation. I used a beauty blender to aplly this foundation the first time and it looked okay but within an hour and a half my makeup had "melted off" i then used my 130 mac brush on a different occasions to apply this product. It looked super caked on it was my color but it was just a huge fail. It did have a scent but i can get past that. My face felt greasy it didnt really settle into my skin instead it sat there like a layer on top of my skin like a cast.The day after using the product I broke out like crazy! This has never happened with any of the other foundations i have no idea what it was i have never broken out with foundations before and this one made me break out like crazy! I did not like the makeup for me. Overall i felt the makeup doesnt blend well into the skin it has minimal coverage it looks caked on and i would never buy it again let alone recommend it.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/23/2012 12:20:00 PM More reviews by laneyx28

I love the original photo ready I wore it for a few years and it was great but now wat the hell?....this foundation is terrible and the smell totally put me off!!! my face stink like vinegar all day and felt really greasy and disguisting!!! why revlon made such a terrible foundation is beyond me! lets hope they get there act together just because every other brand is doin a mousse make up doesnt mean you just throw this thing quickly into the limelight slow down and think up a good foundation revlon!!!!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2012 12:38:00 AM More reviews by stellar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I picked this up on a whim. I was actually watching videos on youtube and accidentally clicked on a review for this foundation, and the girl really raved about it. So I watched more videos on it and they seemed very mixed. People either loved it or hated it, but I liked the positive things that were said about it and it seemed like it would work for my skin type so I gave it a shot. I bought it at Walgreens for $14.97 (after tax) which is pretty expensive to me for a drugstore foundation. If it works amazingly then it's totally worth it, but even my beloved Revlon ColorStay is cheaper than that.

I'm currently just a bit darker than NC15 and I chose the shade Nude. I remembered how the regular Photoready (I wasn't too crazy about that one either) ran light and I'd heard that Shell runs pink, so I hoped Nude would work. It ended up being a little too dark (and pink) for me but it wasn't *extremely* off. However, it was enough so that I didn't really feel comfortable wearing it. As I said, Shell is even more pink so that wasn't an option for me and I certainly wasn't going to get Vanilla and mix the two. When I first applied this foundation I used my SK Flat Top brush which worked really well for it. After I applied it I thought it looked *amazing*. I was very happily surprised. Once I got in my car and looked in the mirror though, it didn't look so great. It seemed like my fine lines and smile lines were accentuated. I also thought it looked a little oily from the start. The coverage of this foundation is medium, or at least that's the furthest I was willing to go with it. I felt that if I applied more it would have looked really cakey and gross, but I can see that it *would* have the potential to be fairly full coverage. I know a lot of people comment on the glitter issue, but I honestly didn't see it on my face. When I swatched it on my arm and hand it looked like I had smeared glitter all over them. So it's definitely there; it just wasn't detectable on my face. The smell is very odd. It's not horrible but it's definitely not desirable. It disappeared once I applied the foundation though so that was good. The packaging is nice, and I didn't come across any problems with it dispensing too much product like others have. That could just be because I have experience with things like that because of my MAC PLW Concealer in the little tube with a pump. Now THAT is tricky.

I must admit that this foundation did "last" a surprising amount of time, which was about 7-8 hours. The problem was that the greasy consistency of it caused my other m/u (namely blush and concealer) to fade off very quickly and I had to re-apply those a few times throughout that 7-8 hours. I also powdered a couple times. I really like to touch up as little as possible throughout the work day. With my long-wearing foundations I don't have to at all, except for lip products of course. It also continued to emphasize lines and pores as the day went on. Needless to say, I wasn't too happy with the general wear of this foundation. I ended up returning it. For reference I have normal skin and I tested this on a day when it was actually sort of cool outside (compared to the upper 90s we've had the last couple weeks) so I can't imagine how badly it would wear on someone with oily skin - or even normal skin - on a really hot, humid day.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/20/2012 1:36:00 PM More reviews by Bamababy99

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Awful. Yes, awful. It looks so oily when applied, and not only that, it doesn't blend. I've tried fingers and a brush, it's just awful. It makes my pores look huge, and the redness I have on my cheeks, it just glides over, offering no coverage. The redness I have is not quite moderate, but needs coverage, and this just goes over it, and vanishes. It's awful. I can't even describe how much I hate it. SO cakey looking, and heavy feeling. If you have dry skin, red skin, large pores, or don't like heavy, cakey makeup, do NOT buy. This is just terrible. Thank goodness this was given to me by a friend. She couldn't carry aerosol cans on her flight, so she gave it to me, and I will not purchase! I'll stick with my HG Maybelline Superstay 24hr. It's NEVER let me down.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/15/2012 1:14:00 AM More reviews by lagurly7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I HATED IT. To put it in simple terms!
I literally returned it to Target; I exchanged it Revlon's Color Stay Foundation. I am a NC18, for reference, and I got the color in something with beige in the name... the color sucked, of course.
First of all, it always dispenses way too much. With one squirt, I got a glob that covered the back of my hand. It comes out a foam, but it deflates to a weird liquid the second you touch it. I applied it a couple of times with a sponge, with my MAC 188 brush, with my fingers, and with a kabuki brush. Every time, it turned out horrible! It provided very little, uneven coverage. It made my skin look oily, and I have very dry skin! I tried different powders to try to set it and get some of the shine to go away.... Nothing worked, even my trusty MAC prep and prime transparent finishing powder! It also caked by my nose and cheeks, then it all together disappeared! I would never reccommend this to anybody!