April 18, 2014 | 873 users online

Liquid - Revlon - PhotoReady Airbrush Mousse Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2012 4:10:00 AM More reviews by rileyparks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've read some of the negative reviews, and I think it comes down to application as I am in love with this product - when I apply it "right".

Over a primer (which is a must for me in the summer), I "mist" my face with one of those aerosol cans of water and then dispense a small amount on the back of my hand. Less is more. Dot it on my now damp face (not too damp though) and then blend with my fingers. REALLY blend. Don't be overly fussy about it, it will blend right in to your skin as you blend and move it around.

I prefer this over Revelon CS for the summer. The application I mentioned gives me medium coverage and although I do need a powder - I need a powder for EVERY foundation. Excellent product though. Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2012 12:56:00 AM More reviews by Faffinette89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

wow I was surprised to see this have such a low rating. I loved this foundation. I think it's my new hg! This stuff doesn't sparkle or glitter at all. It just reflects light in all the right places to make it look like you have a flawless 'photoready' complexion. I do have a t-zone that normally gets shiny but it didn't with this foundation, nor did it emphasize any shininess. It lasts all day too! The consistency is very light and airy but it gives medium-full coverage and you can layer it if you need to. Also conceals redness. I apply this with a sonia kasuk beauty blender. I just use a pump or two of this and I'm all set.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2012 10:08:00 PM More reviews by lcoyne12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this foundation! It has just enough coverage that when used with concealer, my skin looks flawless. I wasn't expecting it to turn into liquid when you touch it, but no complaints. Blends very well and lasts for a while. It covers great and doesn't feel heavy. Great. (:

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2012 11:07:00 AM More reviews by Winikins

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great product. I normally spend $30-45 for foundation. When my favorite lightweight foundation was discontinued, I decided to try this product. I never like drugstore products, but this product is amazing.

What I like about it...
lightweight, natural finish (between a tinted moisterizer and foundation)

Blendable and very easy to apply

The mousse despenses the perfect amount

Natural looking coverage

Great price!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/1/2012 10:18:00 PM More reviews by stormiangel20

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This has got to be the worst foundation I've used all around. It smells bad, has no lasting power, it's sparkles that just make oily skin look like total crap minutes after its applied and the pump is horrible, no matter how much I try, even if I barely press it own I get a whole crap load of foundation all over my hands. I can't find a single good thing about this and I tried applying it in all different ways with every product I had to try and make it work, but nope not a single thing was good about this product. And this was my very first Revlon product and it was so disappointing but I'm glad I decided to give this brand another chance because their colorstay is amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2012 6:54:00 PM More reviews by mmikala62

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Recently i was talking to a girl in my class and i complimented her on how awsome her foundation looked and i complained about how mine always looks cakey. It gets really dry and cracked around my acne which draws more attention to what im trying to hide.I had never found a foundation that gave me a flawless finish. She recommended that i try a mousse foundation because it goes on smoother and is actually better for your skin. I picked up this foundation and instanly fell head over heals in love! the thing is i bought a shade a tad to dark but it actually worked out wonderfully when i mix it with(my too light)photoready foundation.The slight shimmer in both makes my usually dry skin look magical. It does NOT look cakey at all which is incredible to me. This is my HG foundation!
-thx for the recommendation hanna!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2012 6:32:00 PM More reviews by bernsie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I can not believe only 30% liked/would buy again this foundation. I have used the original PhotoReady in the pump bottle and thought it was one of two of my favorite drugstore/Walmart foundations. I think the PhotoReady in the pump bottle bettered many prestige/department store/Sephora foundations. It's only draw back being the color selection. However, if you found a color that matched your skin tone/undertone precisely than you found yourself a very special base, period. I think the same holds true of this Airbrush Mousse makeup. I have both in Golden Beige and it's dead on perfect for my coloring. This newer mousse version has all the same qualities I've always loved: It blends beautifully and is buildable in it's coverage, though a single application covers quite well without a second coat. I even think the coverage to this Airbrushed Mousse Makeup is more concentrated than the liquid PhotoReady in the pump bottle. You need far less of this mousse than you would the older liquid PhotoReady. I would almost classify this as a medium to full coverage base. It is not sheer by any means. This is what sets it apart: You would be fooled to think because of it's "foam, mousse like" texture it would have less coverage than a liquid or even a cream, but not true. Somehow this base covers like a sponge on cream/emollient based makeup yet does not look as if it is heavy in that respect. I think it has to do with the refined pigments and the delivery system (aerosol) it uses. It looks like skin as opposed to makeup. It virtually looks good in any lighting (which is not an easy task. HOWEVER: If it looks overly shiny to you such as in daylight, you've applied too much, which is easy considering it comes out so quickly and in a foam consistency. That doesn't mean you have to use every last bit that comes out!) It wears extraordinary well, losing some of it's coverage, in a most usual manner, as the day progresses. After 8-12 hours of wear it is still holding up and certainly leaves enough behind that when cleansed off there is quite a bit to remove. It will make any skin look more refined: Good skin looks absolutely fabulous, mediocre skin looks good, problem skin (uneven tone, scarred, pitted, large pored) looks much better and refined with this base. I'm not sure what more one could ask for in a foundation. This newer, mousse version of PhotoReady ups the ante. It's even more skin like in it's dried down/powdered final finish. It definitely looks more "airbrushed" like than the pump bottle as I think the pigments are a bit finer in texture, then add it's aerosol/mousse delivery system and you have an even more refined finish. I love it. You end up with (if you are lucky enough to hit your shade on the money) a base that rivals the Chanel's and Dior's and the rest of the upper echelon foundations which cost upwards of 40-50 dollars for one ounce. That's how good I think this new Revlon PhotoReady Airbrush Mousse Makeup is. It'll give the prestige brands a run for their money!!!!!
ADDENDUM: This Airbrush Mousse Makeup has a bit more of a reflective quality to it than the PhotoReady in the pump bottle, but it is this very finish which gives this makeup a lit from within quality to the skin which is almost always lacking in less expensive drugstore/Walmart foundations. It is not a frosted look by any means, but more akin to mineral liquid/powder foundations. I rather like it more than a very flat finish most bases procure. Also I highly suggest you powder this base to set it. Make sure you use a loose powder and a nice fluffy brush. A finely milled loose powder should be used ( I like Dior's Loose Powder as their pigments are finely milled, though a less expensive one by MAC or even L'Oreal will do nicely.) You don't have to powder it down everywhere, but at least the nose, chin and forehead. A good quality loose powder sets foundation like nothing else will and allows powdered eyeshadows and blush to adhere much more evenly and nicely. I know many will argue that powder just adds to one's lines/dryness, but that is from the powders of decades ago or just even years ago. Loose powder today (if it is of high quality) will not exaggerate fine lines and dryness. Never apply powder to the under/outer eye area and keep it away from the lines that run from outer corner of nose to outer corner of mouth (nasolabial folds.) A trick of the trade is to take a rich cream (dense with some emollient sheen to it) and lightly tap a small amount as a last step to areas that may look dry: outer corner of eyes, atop your concealer and along the nasolabial lines. It just adds a bit of moisture and sheen to these areas and will float any talc from foundation, concealer and powder out from under the lines.
OH and by the WAY: I used a primer over my moisturizer and beneath this makeup (Rimmel's #002.)

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2012 2:14:00 PM More reviews by kragey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product isn't for me, but it DOES work in certain situations, so I'm giving it a 3 instead of a 2.

This is a light to medium coverage foundation that comes out of the bottle like a mousse, but turns in to a very creamy liquid as soon as you touch it. It applies beautifully and feels really nice on the skin, but you will have to wait about 3 to 5 minutes for it to dry down completely. The wear time is decent on my combination-dry skin; I'd say it lasted for about 4 or 5 hours before I had to powder my t-zone.

I also kind of like the bottle, as the nozzle acts sort of like a pump. It's hard to control the amount you get, though, so be careful!

Now, the biggest problem people have with PhotoReady products is that they're "sparkly." Buy one and people will start cracking jokes about how you want to look like a Twilight vampire. Honestly? They're not THAT bad. Yes, they have microphone shimmer, but the only time I could see it was when I stood in direct sunlight, stared at my face, and held a mirror about 6 inches away from my skin. It also picked up a bit in one picture (see above), but nothing too crazy. Hence, this is really not a daytime foundation. I mean, really, don't wear it to your family picnic; you'll look like a pixie to people standing close to you. However, it looks like absolutely lovely, glowy skin in low light or on an indoors video. The biggest problem, for me, was the shade range: all of the shades are very yellow or very pink, and the lightest shade made my N10 skin look jaundiced.

Overall, this is not the foundation for me. The shades are too pink or too yellow, it sparkles in the daylight, and it won't last through one of my very long workdays. However, it did look nice on video and in lowlight, and it was ok in pictures. If you want to use it as a going-out foundation, I say go for it.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/23/2012 9:16:00 PM More reviews by heidishiu

The pump is absolutely out of control! a small squeeze come out a fist size of foam, what a waste! The mousse itself is just ok, very little coverage. Can't find a match for my Asian skin tone.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/20/2012 10:05:00 PM More reviews by tourmalinequeen

Absolute crap. Settled quickly into fine lines. Almost no coverage and leaves a greasy sheen. Can't imagine what type of skin condition/climate this might work in. Maybe for someone with very clear, very perfect skin in a low humidity but not dry area...but where is that? and if you have that perfect of skin, why use any foundation? This is utter JUNK.