Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles

3.8

on 9/4/2014 10:46:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I don't know why I suddenly stopped using this concealer a long time ago but I'm definitely hooked on it once again. Maybelline has got to be one of the brands which makes the best concealers in the drugstore in my opinion and this product is no exception. I know most people think the applicator on the product is unhygenic or gross but I find it to be no different than your usual applicator wands found in other concealers. Those applicator wands actually seem more unhygenic in the sense that you apply it to your face then dip it back into the product whereas for this one, the applicator doesn't touch the rest of the product (concealer is pumped through a tube & onto the sponge instead).

As for this product itself, it has pretty good coverage but it doesn't feel heavy or cakey looking. It blends in beautifully and the finish is amazing. The only downside would be the fact that there isn't a large selection of colours to suit darker complexion ladies (I would recommend checking out the Maybelline Fit Me concealer). Already have a backup ready in my drawer :)

on 9/4/2014 5:32:00 PM

I'm on my third tube. Love this stuff. I use it everyday of the week and sometimes two or three times a day. I'm oily, and even with primer, my eyeliner makes its way down under my eye, so I just touch up with this stuff right over my foundation and I'm looking good as new again. I normally wouldn't like the sponge applicator, but it makes it so easy to apply when I'm sitting at my desk. Of course you need to blend it in, but it's such a quick process I love it.

on 8/29/2014 11:26:00 PM

I have ridiculous undereye dark circles and this was the only product that hasn't caked my undereyes and it actually covered them and lasted! Will be repurchasing!

on 8/29/2014 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I just ran across this, picked it up at the drug store on a whim and it has worked out really well. I like that I don't have to use my finger tip, the sponge tip seems to blend things sufficiently... if i have to I will follow up with the Beautyblender. I ran out and almost died! (just kidding) I do have some terrible skin discoloration from acne and this does a great job.

on 8/28/2014 1:33:00 AM

I think this is a great product over all. To covering my dark circles and making then much more less noticeable. It still creases under eyes but not as much as others. It does a great job at highlighting as well. Only thing stopping me from giving it 5 stars is the device itself, It doesn't bring out as much product I have to give it a couple twists but still not enough. would recommend it!!

on 8/27/2014 1:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

The "brightening" effect of this concealer is was I think has me reaching for this concealer more than my others. That and the price. The brightness it adds is awesome but i find myself adding my face concealer as an after thought because this doesn't really offer much coverage. It does last all day though. Which really surprised me. I will continue to use until I find something better. Oh and another plus is it applies and blends like a dream!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got this in Neutralizer and it works alright as a highlighter on my NC25 skin tone. I like that the consistency is thin and not too dry. The coverage is okay, but probably not enough for those with serious dark circles. I don't love the fuzzy applicator, it just seems unsanitary so I eventually ripped it off. The thing that bothers me most about this concealor is that it tends to crease under my eyes. I have this problem with a lot of undereye concealors so this was not surprising. Setting with powder helps but doesn't eliminate the problem entirely. Overall, I like this product and will probably buy it again, but I want to try Brightener next time.

on 8/21/2014 12:39:00 AM

I don't have dark circles per say more like a dark vein that runs under each eye. This covers them up really well; the only thing is, every time I use it, my eyes get really watery. So, as much as I love how well my undereye darkness is concealed, I won't be repurchasing because of the bad reaction :(

on 8/18/2014 12:05:00 PM

This concealer has very annoying packaging, and you lose a lot of product because of this layout. I have this in the brightening shade and it is straight up PINK. I really don't like this product but can make it work. (Using a concealer darker than my skin tone to bring the pink tones under my eyes down) and this concealer isn't a very good price for being a drugstore concealer (I believe it's $8 or $9) also keep in mind that for that price you lose half of the product inside the tube because of the impractical packaging. I also feel like the sponge applicator could be breeding grounds for bacteria. Would definitely reccomend avoiding this concealer.

on 8/17/2014 7:08:00 PM

This has a TON of hype. I really like it though. It is a really light weight feel( lighter than fit me concealer or 24 hour concealer). It doesn't have a salmony or orangey undertone, which I like cause it looks more natural then having carrots under my eyes. If you have average dark circles(like me) then you will love this. If you have darkerthanusual dark circles I would go for something with more coverage.