April 20, 2014 | 1743 users online

Concealers - Maybelline - Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2013 11:48:00 AM More reviews by texasbeautyaddict

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

As an eye concealer, I did not particularly enjoy this. I have this in light-pale, and find that it does not really conceal dark circles very well (though, to be honest, I don't really have a problem with them...which if anything is worse because it should be even easier to conceal!)

My main problem with this concealer is that it is more effective as a regular concealer for acne than anything else (which I guess isn't a problem entirely but the product is for dark circles- not hyper-pigmentation or pimples). I will say that I did not have issues with the make up drying out my eyes (or settling into fine lines), but I will caveat that with I do not like having to slightly tug on my under eye skin when applying this concealer.

I do prefer this concealer for the inner corners of my eye, or when I'm out of my regular concealer I can put this on a pimple and it conceals fairly well. As an added bonus, it also blends well. An additional issue with the concealer is that it is particularly hard to find a color that matches as the variability in skin tone is not there. The product was inexpensive, and while it is portable, I do not like how the product is dispensed (via a sponge).

I would not buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/1/2013 8:59:00 AM More reviews by bloch123

I want to like this product its nice, I like the application process but the only problem is my dark circles are really dark lol so whoever has really dark undereye I wouldnt recommend this cause this is a light concealor. I have to apply a lot of this, product + bb cream + compact after all this my circles r still visible. so anyone with not that dark under eye go for it ppl suffering from insomnia please avoid

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2013 12:38:00 AM More reviews by Asymetry

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

All I can say, this product didn't disappoint. I bought this on sale at Shoppers Drugmart for $6.99 , this is easily comparable to YSL's touche eclat and Clinique's airbrush concealer. The only difference is the packaging. I'm not really a fan of the sponge applicator, but you know what, i get more product compared to the pen. I probably just need to get used to the applicator. Definitely switching over to this brand. Same quality as the highend brands at a fraction of the cost.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/29/2013 12:23:00 AM More reviews by bnavarro

I didnt like it.. heard so many good stuff and basically bought it because girls would use it on youtube .. Its around 9 bucks but not worth it in my opinion because it accentuates fine lines. and the finish is not soft to the touch. it reminded me of those bar soaps like zest or the blue and green bars that are like squeaky if you rub on the skin if that makes sense..i thought this would be a of a creamier consistency like the fndt but it wasnt.. I have no circles to cover , i just wanted to brighten up my under eye area . i got the shade light . as i said i just wanted to brighten up a little bit. but actually i dont know if it will cover dark circles that well..hope it helped.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2013 6:00:00 PM More reviews by postmoderngirl

After hearing this raved about on YouTube, I had to try it. I have the shade neutralizer, because it was the most yellow toned of all of them. At first I really liked this, it brightened under my eyes and best of all, didn't crease. I also used this around my face on scarring. But I came to realize this has hardly any coverage. It's quite thin, so it's light weight but I've come to prefer something with more coverage. Not a bad product, my tastes have just changed!

EDIT - I found a way to love this again! I took off the sponge. It seems all the product was getting soaked up there and applying very sheer.. took it off & it's back to how it was when I first got it - good coverage & pigmentation. Now I would definitely re purchase. Bumping up to 5 stars from 3 :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2013 9:00:00 AM More reviews by blairXwitch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

After being disappointed with the new YSL Touche Éclat I bought, I decided to try this one, with low expectations. Darn, it's so much better than YSL!

I don't have too dark undereye circles, but the area is a bit darker/more blue than the rest of my face, and I have a few fine lines, and this concealer covers everything nicely and makes the fine lines less noticeable.
It doesn't settle into anything, it looks smooth and glowy.

I like the applicator, it makes for an easy application. I just glide it under my eyes, then blend with a brush. It deposits the right amount of product, it's not runny and I don't need to go over the area again and again to build coverage.

The lightest shade matches me perfectly, I have nothing bad to say about this product.

I no longer use my high end concealers, because this one does the best job.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/18/2013 7:02:00 PM More reviews by MsBloodyFallen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Constantly hearing the rave about Maybelline's Instant Age Rewind Eraser (for dark circles) and how it had great packaging and looked beautiful for concealing - well - dark circles. I had expected this product to be absolutely amazing, not sink into the wrinkles/lines under my eyes (which have been caused by sinus infection) and have a near flawless shade which is similar to mine.

However, the shade, Medium, was a little too light for my face and it looked well - dry, cakey and really weird. I had expected the product to be close to my Rimmel Match Perfection concealer (in natural beige) - which adjusted and looked well on my slightly dry skin. But maybe this is because I tried this product during Winter, where my combination-normal skin turns to an outrageous dry skin!

Otherwise, I would use this product by lightly dabbing on my skin, so that the colour didn't show up a ghostly white on my face. I would only repurchase this again if they have a shade similar to the Rimmel's Match Perfection Concealer in 'Natural Beige'.

Packaging is quite nice. Something I have never really seen before and its very easy to travel with because I don't need a brush and I don't really need to dip my fingers into the product (only need fingers to pat product in) - but those the sponge really keep the bacteria from surfacing the applicator? When I first brought this Maybelline product home, I had to twist it about 15 times before some of the product start showing up. And seriously, I only need about two twists for a sufficient amount of product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2013 3:02:00 AM More reviews by Gretalin

Best undereye concealer I've ever use!!! I personally don't have too much dark circle but I felt it cover my dark circle and dark spot magically!!! Its texture is amazing-- very smooth, hydrating but also gives the coverage I need. Shade light is actually fits my skintone, I ended up using it both of my undereye and my dark spot. The only downside about this is the packaging-- I always gets too much of the products out and ended up make the cap messy. Also the sponge eraser is kind of messy too, although they claiming that this sponge applicator is anti bacteria, I'm still concerned about that.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/14/2013 12:59:00 PM More reviews by bellerosa7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was decent concealer for under eye circles. It really helped brighten up the under eye area. However, I found that it wore off quite quickly throughout the day, did not give me the desired amount of coverage I needed and I was not a huge fan of the packaging.
I was pleased with the finish of this concealer. It has a very natural finish and does not appear cakey or crease into fine lines. It can easily be touched up throughout the day.
The reason I would not repurchase it again is because of the ingredient list. I am slowly transitioning to cleaner products and the parabens in this product made it a turn-off.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/11/2013 3:02:00 PM More reviews by melaniepich

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I dont like this product. I don't know why everyone loves it. it died out my undereyes and made them look grey and chalky. will not repurchase ecer again.