August 1, 2014 | 1680 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2013 3:19:00 PM More reviews by fabmac1

I think I have 6 colors of these. Red Velvet, Lollipop, candy apple, cotton candy, berry smoothy and tutti fruity. Out of all the colors I got... I probably only liked 1/2 of them. Some of the lighter colors are very sheer and streaky. I love "candy apple" and "lollipop"... they are very pigmented and glide on beautiful. Red velvet and cotton candy are okay. But i have to say my least favorite was tutti fruity! It has very poor color pay off and was also very streaky! To be honest, I much prefer the "kissable balm stains" 100x more than these lip butters. Also for the price these cost..and the amount of product you actually get... it's not worth it at all. It's expensive and I wouldn't repurchase any of the colors again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2013 12:24:00 AM More reviews by lipstickinpink

I LOVE this product. My favourites are Gum Drop(gorgeous lavender colour) & Sugar Frosting (light baby pink). For me they give a really nice colour payoff, I don't find these sticky at all, which lasts a few hours however I find that when the colour goes my lips still feel mousturized. The only down side is that this product is $22 in aus. a part from that I LOVE this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2013 5:51:00 PM More reviews by rolltide17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased Tutti Frutti (summer color) and Fig Jam (fall/winter color) after extensive reading of reviews, blogs, etc. I am very pleased with my purchases! The colors look scary in the tube but much more natural on your lips. It seems to me like most of the people who weren't satisfied tried the "glittery" shades (peach parfait and some of the lighter pinks come to mind). I would stick with the non-glittery, more pigmented, richer colors like the ones I bought or Candy Apple (which I plan on buying next time), Brown Sugar, Red Velvet, etc. Not saying others won't work for you, but people seem to be having better luck with those shades.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2013 4:31:00 PM More reviews by vixens97

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love my Red Velvet lip butter. I am a red lipstick girl and am always on the hunt for the perfect red lipstick. I think this one might be the one! I am very fair with naturally very pink lips, most reds end up looking very fuschia on me because of my natural lip color. These lip butters go on smooth, good color pay off, sheer feeling and very moisturizing. When I first tried the product I was worried that the color pay off wouldn't be what i was looking for but as i broke thru the homogenized molding thing that a lot of lipsticks do it was all I hoped for. A true red, deep cherry colored pin up red that didnt make me clownish, shocking pink lips or mixing colors. (i dont mind in my bathroom but while out and about on a busy day..?? its a pain) I did get deal on it at my local drugstore but would pay full price. it doesnt last all day but as something described as a lip butter i didnt really expect it to. Overall an excellent purchase :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2013 7:52:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie3251

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Lil Butters are the way to go ! (: My favorites are creme brûlée (; & strawberry shortcake <3333(:

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2013 12:33:00 AM More reviews by jwong32

I really wanted to like these (and at first I did), but I just couldn't find a color that went well with my skin tone. I'm asian and I have tan skin (with a yellow undertone). I bought the lip butters in creamsicle, peach parfait, and sweet tart.

Creamsicle was way too light for me, peach parfait was a nice color but too sparkly and not wearable for school or work, and sweet tart is a nice bright color, but not what I wanted (I was hoping for a my-lips-but-better kind of shade).

I do like the texture and color payoff of these though. It's very moisturizing and since I don't really wear lipstick, it was a good product for a beginner like me. They add a light sheen of color, but nothing opaque, so it's easy to apply without a mirror. Also the packaging is really pretty and even though I don't use them they look nice on my vanity!

Overall, this is a decent product for the price, the only reason I didn't like it is because I couldn't find the right shade for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2013 7:28:00 PM More reviews by Cindi33

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I heard good reviews on these lip butters and couldn't wait to try them out. I picked up #027 Juicy and #090 Sweet Tart. These have nice transparent lids and they match the lip color inside so you can see which is which at a glance. The little diamond pattern on the lid allows for a better grip and makes the top more manageable. The product swivels down fully into the bottom so it is protected when you recap this. I love that feature! It glides on smoothly and feels moisturizing and soft and not at all sticky or drying. I tried out Juicy first which is a pretty peachy coral shade. It was so sheer though and the wash of color was so minimal that I may as well not have had applied it. Not quite the look I was going for. Hmmm, well then on to the second one Sweet Tart. It's a pretty pink that also applies well. It is also sheer but seems to have a bit more tint to it as I can actually see a rose color on my lips after using it.These both look very natural and if you are going for an I'm not wearing makeup look, then this is the right product for you. These are both nice for summer and I will be happy t use them up, as there are times I don't want a made up look but still want to wear make up. I would buy the pink one again, but I would probably skip the peach one.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2013 11:49:00 AM More reviews by Msmonipenni

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

One of my regular beauty blog reads had a little blurbed about this range. I saw a Boots deal, 3 for 2 offer and thought I would give it a go - as I have never really been a big fan of Revlon in general. But I can safely say, I am a fan of their Lip Butters. I gave the Wild Watermelon, Tutti Frutti and Strawberry Shortcake a try first. The Wild Watermelon gives a lovely glossy pinky red stain (like you've just eaten a cherry ice-lolly) and is great for everyday wear - I've been using almost everyday! Tutti Frutti is another goodie, as it adds a suptle peachy glow to your lips. My lips are sadly a bit too similar in colour to Strawberry Shortcake so it doesn't look like I have anything on - so I guess great for a nude look if that's what you're after? The finish isn't at all sticky and it really does moisturise (without feeling like you've got a layer of glycerine on your lips). Definitely going to be staple to my summer routine.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2013 8:47:00 AM More reviews by FloweryCheese

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This review is only for the colors, as I had a hard time finding good shades for my pigmented lips and NC44 skin.

With all shades, the product isn't pigmented enough to cover uneven liptone.

My favorites:
Cherry Tart-Medium/dark pink with shimmer. Shimmer isn't really visible on the lips. A nice everyday color.
Tutti Fruti-A beautiful pinky orange coral that is perfect for summer.

Colors that didn't work:
Pink Truffle - A pinkish brown shade that is too natural looking and washed me out, especially because I don't wear much eye or cheek makeup.
Sweet Tart - On my pigmented lips, this applied as a cool-toned hot pink that was almost lavender. Not flattering.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2013 12:30:00 AM More reviews by xocen

These are my absolute favorite lip colors ever! Lipsticks tend to dry out my lips but these are like a HIGHLY pigmented chapstick. They go on so smooth and are so moisturizing! I want one in every color!