January 31, 2015 | 938 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Hypnose Doll Lashes

rated 2 of 5 on 9/11/2012 4:57:00 AM More reviews by Tuilie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am quite disappointed with this mascara. I'm sure it gives amazing results for someone with naturally long and curled lashes, but for me it hasn't done much. I have quite short and totally straight lashes and must say i get better results with Max Faxtor 2000 calorie.
When i started using this mascara it was too wet to give anything good to my lashes, after some time it dried up a bit and then it became better, but still, not good enough.
It has absolutely gorgeous packaging, i must admit that and if nothing else, it looks very pretty in my make up corner :) It also smells nice, but i'm not sure if that's ok for sensitive eyes as this surely means it contains perfume.
For those who have naturally long lashes and don't mind spending a lot of money on mascara, i'd say go for it cos if you like it, it is worth the money. I have mine for over 4 months now and it doesn't look dried up at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2012 12:16:00 AM More reviews by glamglamglam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I've recently been using this in conjunction with the Cils Booster. My lashes are extremely dense so I hate any sort of added volume. I remember I'd had a sample of Doll Lashes back when I used to use L'Extreme and remembered really loving the brush. I bought it again and on it's own, the mascara is okay, pretty average. But paired with my new Shiseido curler and Lancome Cils Booster XL, it's AMAZING. My eyelashes really do look very pretty. I did a comparison with Hypnose Drama on one eye and Doll Lashes on the other and I much preferred the soft, fluttery look of Doll Lashes.

Honestly, on it's own, I wouldn't repurchase this. But paired with the Cils Booster (and a good curler), it's fabulous!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2012 2:20:00 PM More reviews by rachelbrieve

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this mascara. I just got done using Hypnose Star, and even though I liked it a lot, it wasn't for me. So I decided to give doll lashes a try. WOW! Within the first use I would blown away by how long, thick, and great my lashes looked. This mascara adds the perfect amount of volume I've been looking for without clumping, or looking like I put too much product on. It also separates lashes nicely and the deep black color is nice. As of now, this is my HQ. I will certainly be buying this again!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2012 6:25:00 PM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

The mascara was nice but not great. I thought it did a good job keeping the lashes looking separated. Technically, it does what it claims. I guess the doll look isn't for me. I would not buy this mascara once the sample is finished.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/12/2012 7:49:00 AM More reviews by lovelylemons

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I spent hours poring over reviews to find just the right mascara (I really didn't want to waste 20 on something lame) and, despite the odd poor review on here, I couldn't resist the idea of "doll eyes". Sadly, this mascara is just as the last reviewer said - no volume, all length. My eyes just look scary. If you want long, thin, spiky, weird spider-lashes then this is for you, but I was hoping for full, heavy, soft-looking lashes. You know, like a a doll's! It seems like this is quite dry and flaky, too - my eyelashes feel really dry and brittle, and after just one application I've noticed little black flakes dotted on my face, which I've never experienced with a mascara before.

This is my first Lancome purchase and I am incredibly disappointed. The cheapo Maybelline range blows this out of the water! I would take it back if I could but I don't think they accept makeup returns...

rated 2 of 5 on 7/29/2012 6:00:00 PM More reviews by JavaJunkie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

How disappointing. I thought this would be a wonderful addition to my Lancome mascara wardrobe but, sadly, I am not pleased at all with this. I didn't find it to be thickening, as the regular and Drama versions of Hypnose, but I did find it to be annoying in its lengthening properties. I kept looking in the mirror, thinking "Spiderwoman" after applying this in my usual manner. Spindly, spidery, and not terribly flattering. I didn't even finish the tube, which is probably a first for me with a Lancome mascara. There won't be another purchase of this item.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2012 7:57:00 AM More reviews by makeuptester60

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was sucked into buying this product 100% due to the advertising campaign having felt that it would be a laugh to look like a pretty china doll, if only for a laugh. Once applied the product really achieved this look for me, I thought the look was really sweetly pretty...no OTT glamour or falseness, just really pretty. I found the wand easier to use than other products and it didnt flake or smudge. I love the pretty packaging with the roses on it. It was so expensive, I then didnt have money to buy foundation, only one other product (I bought a Lancome coral/red lipstick. But just the mascara on eyes and bright lipstick, produced a fresh modern look.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2012 1:13:00 PM More reviews by XxFreshMintxX

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm a fan of the original hypnose, so I decided to give this a shot, and lemme just say that itz currently my #1 mascara! I love the brush, itz cone-shaped (so there's no flat sides) and gets a decent amount of mascara, making it simple to apply, just wipe off the tip. The packaging is adorable too, I like how it has roses all over ;D The formula isn't too dry nor too wet, more in the middle. When I apply, I usually wait til it semi-dries before putting on another layer though. It smells a bit, but it doesn't affect me since u can just spray some perfume. What I gotta love is how it rarely clumps and never smuges! I haven't expierence flaking either, and it can decently hold a curl (my lashes are naturally curled so I'm not sure if u use a curler). I have received nice complements with this mascara, itz a real keeper! If I can't find anything better, I will definitly repurchase :D
Pros
Volumizes
Slightly lenghtens
Separates lashes beautifully
No clumps
No smuges
Easy to take off
Cons
Overpriced
Doesn't thicken a lot

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2012 9:41:00 AM More reviews by Djumpers

Lancome makes the best mascara hands down. I have used defincils, hypnose, doll lashes etc. all are excellent products. The doll lashes will not give you the look it does in the ads. Those models are wearing false lashes and add on lashes in photoshop. So keep this in mind when you use the product. If you don't have the lashes, don't expect this mascara to give you those. However, if you have lashes this mascara will give you a dramatic look. I have blonde eye lashes and blue eyes so for me its important to have long black lashes to bring out my eyes. The product can clump, but that is something that all products do over time. For me, the product works best after day 4 of appliction. When new the moisture level is high (new), it won't hold lashes - so I give it air and use different applicators and then its at its best. I curl lashes before hand, apply a light coat, let it dry and use the curler again if needed. You may need to use a comb if you use the curler for a second time - also make sure NOT to clamp down on the curler if you use it a second time. I can get long lashes with this technique and they look just as good as natural length falsh lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2012 9:38:00 PM More reviews by chippergal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara. I really like the tapered wand and I think the formula is awesome for my somewhat decent lashes. I do think Anome mascara is pricey but, other than definicils, I think they are totally worth it.