September 20, 2014 | 929 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 1 of 5 on 6/15/2014 5:40:00 AM More reviews by Duleiana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Yes, they're real! They're REALly clumpy, crispy, overpriced, tacky, spidery, sticky... Not for me, thank you.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2014 12:02:00 PM More reviews by youwillneverfindme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

4.5 stars-rating dropped because of the price.
Like it and will repurchase. To begin with, I've been wearing Maybelline's The Falsies Black Drama for a few years, after switching from DiorShow and LashBlast (and trying a bunch of losers in between)…so needless to say, I like big lashes and I daresay, I run the line of "clumpy" most days…natural lash looks ain't my thang. I like Black Drama and recommend it, but the reasons I've made the switch is that They're Real doesn't have a fibrous look, it holds curl better and looks freshly applied much longer. I don't care either way about the plastic brush with short bristles...I'm sure when this mascara came out, it was a big deal, but they've been around long enough now that it's no shocker anymore. Anyway, let me tell you what I like:

-I get big lashes…more length than volume though.
-Formula is smooth: no fibrous, "hairy" look to the lashes.
-Quick application. A few sweeps and my lashes are to my satisfaction. (God, I remember I used to spend 10 minutes applying LashBlast alone!)
-Easily buildable
-No flaking or smudging on my oily skin and sweat-dripping summer activities or impromptu rain showers. Unreal.
-Holds curl all day, unheard of for me.
-Packaging. The metallic tube maybe not be as sleek as super HE brands, but I'm happy to have a breather from the gaudy orange and purple tubes from the drugstore.

CONS:
-The price. $23 is pretty steep. I'd agree with $15…maybe.
-Takes a while to dry
-Lashes don't feel soft when I touch them, they're kind of crispy.
-Can get clumpy very quickly if you're not careful.

MY LASHES:
Fine, dense, slightly longer than average and blonde.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2014 12:25:00 AM More reviews by nathaliez

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I know it is hugely popular, and in truth, it is a nice mascara..but to me, it isn't as good as other reviewers indicate..it clumps a bit, doesn't make my lashes longer, thicker yes...there are in my opinion better choices out there..

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2014 8:48:00 PM More reviews by sue52175

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

fantastic! I can't say enough about this mascara. makes my lashes 100% longer and no clumping.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2014 6:46:00 PM More reviews by Binney

Coming from a mascara junkie, the following statement should mean a lot to you; this mascara is the best I've ever tried, hands down. It curls, thickens, lengthens, doesn't clump, and gives you a nice fake lash feel. It makes lashes look beautiful and fanned out when applied. The application process is easy and quick. The wand reaches every corner right down to the root and the formula is dark and gives you a beautiful smoky look. Absolutely recommend.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2014 6:52:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

PROS: Does a decent job of volumizing and giving some length. Packaging doesn't take up a lot of space in my organizer. (You know I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel for pros when I'm saying this. lol)

CONS: I feel this is so ordinary. I think the name is very misleading. This feels like it just looked really meh unless you build coats, but then it gets clumpy quick.

PPLICATION TIPS: Shiseido's primer (even the new one) helps this stay on with WAY less smudging/transfer/flaking. I am a recent convert to using Shiseido's popular curler too. Before applying, roll this over a paper towel or the back of your hand or whatever to get excess off.

ALTERNATES: The Rocket Volum Express - waterproof by Maybelline and L'Oreal's new Manga mascara are better for volume and length that are much more noticable and don't smudge/flake easily. The Rocket stays on without smudging the longest of the two, but the Manga has a TON of volume in one or two coats. I also really like Miliani's Runway Lashes for feathery, soft volume. But it needs to have multiple coats (and just cover it with Clarins Double Fix to make it "more" waterproofed.)

rated 2 of 5 on 6/12/2014 5:51:00 PM More reviews by Pinkkjewels

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was super excited to try this out because I've read and watched so many great reviews, but I hate how this works on my lashes. The brush is very nice (be careful- I can totally see how someone can easily stab their eye with it), but the formula is WAY too wet for me. My lashes didn't get longer they just got very wet and stuck together. I really wish this would've worked! If you know that mascaras on the more watery side don't work with you then do NOT even try this.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2014 7:15:00 AM More reviews by PISALISA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I hated this mascara. The results were very clumpy and spidery lashes. Within an hour after applying it, I had smudges all over my lower lids. This mascara stays sort of tacky feeling all day and is hard to get off. Not worth the money in my opinion.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/12/2014 7:05:00 AM More reviews by annieface

I have never purchased this product - I have a small sample from Sephora's annual birthday gift. It looks absolutely fantastic when first applied, given that I'm willing to take some extra time to work the brush through my lashes to separate them. My biggest problem with this mascara is that it smudges on me multiple times over the course of the day. This is an issue I have all the time with mascara but for the price, I would simply never buy it. Covergirl Lashblast, my HG mascara, is the only one that has never smudged on me and at a fraction of the price of They're Real.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2014 7:10:00 PM More reviews by SaltCircles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My favorite Mascara! Makes my lashes look really nice and long, though it's definitely more lengthening than volumizing. Doesn't budge once it's on (making removal kind of hard, but that's just something that comes with smudge and flake free mascara!). Only problem I've had was the last tube I bought actually smudged, but I returned it and the new tube worked fine, so hopefully it was just a bad one and not a horrible change in formula.