July 24, 2014 | 1029 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2014 11:19:00 PM More reviews by MSmith99

This is was my first high end purchase. My lashes are average length, thickness and curl. They can be naturally clumpy at times but not to the point where I have to comb them out every time I wear mascara. I expected a lot (maybe too much) from this mascara. It's a good mascara, but it's not as 'life changing' as everyone made it out to be, so it is a little overhyped. It's strong points are lengthening, volumizing, separating and its truly jet black. I find it works really well at grabbing and coating most of my top and bottom lashes. My lashes look significantly better after applying a few coats of this mascara. However by the end of the day my curl has fallen and there's also minor smudging. The bulk of it washes off easily (I just use a cleanser and water) but there are still stubborn bits that I need to remove with some vaseline and oil. Overall it's a pretty good mascara, (especially when you first put it on) but I wouldn't repurchase because its around $40 in Australia, and it isn't as legendary as I thought it would be.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/10/2014 8:19:00 PM More reviews by hughjasslol

I had high expectations for the mascara as it was my first high-end mascara purchase. While it makes your lashes very long and thick, it just won't hold a curl on my stubborn, stick-straight lashes! I've tried heating my eyelash curler with a blow dryer as well as using an actual heated eyelash curler, but I could not get a curl out of this.

However, it does hold up well. It doesn't smudge or flake. Take not that it's also quite hard to remove, so make sure you have a good makeup remover.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2014 11:15:00 PM More reviews by leslirobles28

I love this mascara ! Every time I use it I get complimented on my eyelashes. It's makes your lashes dramatic enough without looking overly clumped. & it's also the only mascara that doesn't smudge on my lower lashes.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/9/2014 11:37:00 AM More reviews by makeupstuffs

Bought this expected a great mascara. Wasn't impressed. Its too heavy, doesnt dry quickly enough, costs a fortune for what it is. Im not someone who wears tonnes of mascara, but with just a coat of this i felt like that someone. Dont waste money buying expensive mascaras just find a brush that suits your lashes. Thid brush suits mine but i dont like the formula. I curl my lashes after application, with this i have to wait ages before i can do that. I love benefit but this is an average product. Personally i love loreal telescopic.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2014 11:23:00 AM More reviews by amkb12

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have yet to pay for this product as I keep getting the small ones free from Sephora, and my favourite mascaras are still Cover Girl, but this does come a really close second. I don't have long or thick lashes, but this really does make my lashes stand out. It's not my go-to every day mascara, but the small size is great for travel or keeping in your purse. I also like that it doesn't flake or smudge, that's a big plus for me. I would probably actually purchase this mascara if it was cheaper...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2014 2:36:00 AM More reviews by SkullGlitter

I wasn't wowed by this mascara, I found it to be average. The pigmentation was great (as most mascaras are) and it coated the lashes well but it didn't hold up too well to wear. I like my mascara to stay on my lashes and not melt down my face, hold my curl naturally and not straighten the lashes instantly, and separate my lashes. I have decently thick and pretty long lashes naturally so I don't prefer either lengthening or thickening formulas over the other most days.

Pros:
-didn't straighten my lashes (half-mast style)
-pigmented
-no stinging or allergic reactions
-coats lashes well, slightly thicker formula

Cons:
-melted at the base of the lashes and slipped under my eyes
-didn't keep a curl on my lashes (half-mast style)
-brush goops up
-clumps lashes together

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2014 10:11:00 AM More reviews by tinannibal

At first I didn't see anything special about this product, but I think it was because I wasn't applying it on properly, because after a few weeks of using another mascara, I decided to go back to They're Real and found that it is an excellent mascara.

The mascara lengthens my lashes a great deal and also gives it volume without a clumpy look. I have very stubbornly straight eyelashes that refuse to hold a curl, but They're Real seemed to keep the curl out for a little longer than my other mascaras. Not a big difference in curl though. What I actually like is the thickness and length of my eyelashes. People have actually asked me if I was wearing false lashes!

The mascara in Australia is very expensive. I wish I bought another while I was in the US.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2014 8:09:00 AM More reviews by hannahcheeto

Let me start by saying I am very picky about mascara. I have short, light colored lashes, and I need a mascara that builds length and volume and can handle multiple layered applications. Benefit They're Real is the closest I've gotten to the perfect mascara for my lash type. I first got this mascara in the sample size, and eventually splurged on a tube. Now I've tried other more expensive mascaras (including Diorshow, which was a disappointment) and They're Real is the best. Now, no one is actually going to question whether my lashes are real or not, but as far as mascaras go this is my favorite.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2014 10:34:00 AM More reviews by julalg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have only bought the sample size of this, and I really like it. I have friends who bought the full size, and absolutely hated it. I like how it volumizes and lengthens, and how it stays put. It is pretty dry after you get it on. It does not really look like false lashes, but I am coming to the conclusion that you just need false lashes if you really want dramatic lashes. But it is buildable and doesn't get all chunky and clumpy, so I like it. It also separates really well, and I like the spike at the end can get the out corners of your lashes well.

I am only ever going to buy sample sizes of high end mascaras again. The full size is such a waste. I never use up the sample size in the three months, and I think since they are smaller they don't get as clumpy and the formula doesn't change over time.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2014 8:10:00 AM More reviews by ClaireDalloway

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Well, after few weeks of using the product, I am finally satisfied - got used to the brush, which drove me crazy a bit.
I really like the natural, yet profi look it adds to my lashes, although I believe that if you use it in more layers it would look super cheap and ugly.
The price is a bit high for me, but never mind, it does a great job, does not smudge or crumble and can be removed quite easily.
I'd probably buy it again.