July 29, 2014 | 1810 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2014 7:28:00 PM More reviews by maelyn28

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got a free sample of this stuff and it isnt bad. The ball of spikes at the end of it is a little strange. I layer this over covergirl lash blast mascara and get some definite intense lashes. They do clump a little. Im not sure I would actually go out and purchase. It's good mascara, just a tad on the expensive side when I think you could find drug store brands that work as well

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2014 1:18:00 PM More reviews by ilovedreamsandseashells

This mascara is too heavy to use on my top lashes but if I put it on my lower lashes it's amazing at defining my lower lashes to make my eyes pop! The only problem with this mascara is that it is extremely hard to remove. Overall a good product.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/14/2014 1:00:00 PM More reviews by Boujie88

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Meh. Love the pigmentation, but it's a very heavy mascara and find it weighs my lashes down to the point where they stick straight out. L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black mascara does a better job at a fraction of the price.
I won't purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2014 3:54:00 PM More reviews by ajennamo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

One of the better mascaras out on the market. The only mascara that I've made an effort to get twice.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2014 11:19:00 PM More reviews by MSmith99

This is was my first high end purchase. My lashes are average length, thickness and curl. They can be naturally clumpy at times but not to the point where I have to comb them out every time I wear mascara. I expected a lot (maybe too much) from this mascara. It's a good mascara, but it's not as 'life changing' as everyone made it out to be, so it is a little overhyped. It's strong points are lengthening, volumizing, separating and its truly jet black. I find it works really well at grabbing and coating most of my top and bottom lashes. My lashes look significantly better after applying a few coats of this mascara. However by the end of the day my curl has fallen and there's also minor smudging. The bulk of it washes off easily (I just use a cleanser and water) but there are still stubborn bits that I need to remove with some vaseline and oil. Overall it's a pretty good mascara, (especially when you first put it on) but I wouldn't repurchase because its around $40 in Australia, and it isn't as legendary as I thought it would be.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/10/2014 8:19:00 PM More reviews by hughjasslol

I had high expectations for the mascara as it was my first high-end mascara purchase. While it makes your lashes very long and thick, it just won't hold a curl on my stubborn, stick-straight lashes! I've tried heating my eyelash curler with a blow dryer as well as using an actual heated eyelash curler, but I could not get a curl out of this.

However, it does hold up well. It doesn't smudge or flake. Take not that it's also quite hard to remove, so make sure you have a good makeup remover.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2014 11:15:00 PM More reviews by leslirobles28

I love this mascara ! Every time I use it I get complimented on my eyelashes. It's makes your lashes dramatic enough without looking overly clumped. & it's also the only mascara that doesn't smudge on my lower lashes.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/9/2014 11:37:00 AM More reviews by makeupstuffs

Bought this expected a great mascara. Wasn't impressed. Its too heavy, doesnt dry quickly enough, costs a fortune for what it is. Im not someone who wears tonnes of mascara, but with just a coat of this i felt like that someone. Dont waste money buying expensive mascaras just find a brush that suits your lashes. Thid brush suits mine but i dont like the formula. I curl my lashes after application, with this i have to wait ages before i can do that. I love benefit but this is an average product. Personally i love loreal telescopic.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2014 11:23:00 AM More reviews by amkb12

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have yet to pay for this product as I keep getting the small ones free from Sephora, and my favourite mascaras are still Cover Girl, but this does come a really close second. I don't have long or thick lashes, but this really does make my lashes stand out. It's not my go-to every day mascara, but the small size is great for travel or keeping in your purse. I also like that it doesn't flake or smudge, that's a big plus for me. I would probably actually purchase this mascara if it was cheaper...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2014 2:36:00 AM More reviews by SkullGlitter

I wasn't wowed by this mascara, I found it to be average. The pigmentation was great (as most mascaras are) and it coated the lashes well but it didn't hold up too well to wear. I like my mascara to stay on my lashes and not melt down my face, hold my curl naturally and not straighten the lashes instantly, and separate my lashes. I have decently thick and pretty long lashes naturally so I don't prefer either lengthening or thickening formulas over the other most days.

Pros:
-didn't straighten my lashes (half-mast style)
-pigmented
-no stinging or allergic reactions
-coats lashes well, slightly thicker formula

Cons:
-melted at the base of the lashes and slipped under my eyes
-didn't keep a curl on my lashes (half-mast style)
-brush goops up
-clumps lashes together