November 21, 2014 | 1739 users online

Cleansers - Aveeno - Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 on 4/6/2011 5:44:00 PM More reviews by Charlotta800

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Ummm ouch is all I can say, after two uses my skin is covered in scaly soreness and is really red, my chin is actually burning and stinging. Very, very drying and not something that works especially well with topical acne treatments unless you have very oily skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/1/2011 6:13:00 PM More reviews by spookycupcake

Doesn't cleanse as well as other products. Doesn't help a whole lot with breakouts

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2011 4:20:00 AM More reviews by pinkdaisies

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I like this product. I use it daily on my face because it is gentle on my sensitive skin and sometimes helps clear away my acne from its cleansing. Since it tends to dry my skin, I use moisturizer on my cheeks afterwards (thats the only place I can really use any moisturizer) and then that way my T-Zone is dried out for the acne to go away while the rest of my face is still being cleaned and is soft afterwards. I'd probably buy this product again if I couldnt find anything better in the future. The packaging is good, I like the pump.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/21/2011 11:33:00 AM More reviews by chehce

This product has totally ruined my face: it has rendered my face extremely dry, sore irritated. I believe its the acid content plus all the other negative ingredients contained that has dont this. However, my face never felt dry whilst I was washing it but after a week of using it my face totally rebelled against it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2011 11:54:00 PM More reviews by Giery

Is not some miracle worker, but my esthetician actually bought it for me and recommended I use it during my facial treatments back when my acne exploded real bad the first time. So, in combination with deep cleansing facials my face cleared up wonderfully and I continued to use this product for a few years. Im currently using Cetaphil, but would buy this again any time.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2011 10:59:00 PM More reviews by samiiyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm not really a fan of this product because it just didn't do anything. It didn't break me out or cause dryness or anything negative, but I have sensitive acne prone skin and I needed a little more to clear up the acne. Won't be buying this again, but I'm sure it'd work better for someone who has minimal acne problems.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2011 10:55:00 PM More reviews by miamibaby01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

It's my HG cleanser. I absolutely love it! Repurchased it so many times, i can't even remember. It's very gentle, removes all makeup, love the foamy consistency, doesn't leave any residue on my face. Excellent cleanser for sensitive skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2011 1:42:00 AM More reviews by tela096

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

What I really liked about this product was the foaming concept. It gave me a rich lather every time I would use it. In the first week of trying this out, I thought AMAZING! As the weeks progress, I started breaking out on my cheek and chin area. This just broke me out more and more every time I used it. I also started to notice that it dries out my skin and made it flaky. I'm not sure what exactly is breaking me out because when I look at the ingredients, everything looks safe. I'm glad that this has worked for others but for me, not so much.
------
edit: 2/18/2013
I do not encounter breakouts with this product anymore. It might have been a "purging stage" when I first started out. As for the dry skin, that has subdued as well. This has actually come to be one of my HG skin products!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/22/2010 4:47:00 PM More reviews by nellja

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Not bad at all, for my oily/combination/hormonally reactive 34 year old skin.

After coming off of a recent Neutrogena nightmare (had been desperate, didn't have cash on me on a trip & was stuck), I found this less drying, in comparison. No new acne or blackheads since using it, and it looks as if my scars are reducing as well - though that could be time, too.

Takes makeup off, including mascara. Washes clean, and skin *feels* clean and soft after using it. With a serum and/or moisturizer, skin feels balanced, not tight.

I'm not a fan of foaming cleansers, but can live with it for the price. Comes with a cap so you can take it with you on travels.

---

Edit - a month on, I find this drying. It did help with acne and was certainly less drying than the Neutrogena. Now happily using the more expensive Arbonne's RE9 Advanced Smoothing Facial Cleanser. Still looking for a non-drying, acne fighting drugstore equivalent.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2010 5:27:00 PM More reviews by BananaPanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a pretty good cleanser. But it's truly difficult to rate and review cleansers 'cause everyone's skin is so so so different and what is wonderful to one person might make another person break out. So. But here's just my opinion.

It's good. It's pretty gentle and makes my skin feel smooooth. Sadly, around my time of the month I break out and this does nothing to stop that. Or maybe it does. Maybe it would be a lot worse if I didn't use it. But still. I have pretty normal skin for someone being 15, maybe even above average. I usually have like one or two small, unoticable and easily covered pimples, but once in a while BAM a breakout occurs. This is no help, as far as I know.

I use this when I wake up and go to bed. It cleans well. It is fun to use, actually, and when it's all over my face I feel like santa claus (:

Packaging is fine and dandy. Not much to say there.

Smells greaaaat! Though some people might not like the smell, it smells clean and fresh to me.

Just remember I have pretty good skin to begin with and only need a simple cleanser so this works best for me. Doesn't leave any film or anything, comes right off and is just simple and fun. Clenases and balances my skin's tone as well. Kinda pricey for drug store stuff, but oh well.