Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser

3.4

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (0.5%).Inactive Ingredients: Butylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium EDTA, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Fragrance, Glycerin, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Protein, PEG-16 Soy Sterol, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium C14-C16 Olefin 1 Sorbitol, Water, Xanthan Gum.

on 5/16/2011 1:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product was awful to my face! It made it so dry. :(

on 4/25/2011 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I used to use this years ago when I was having problems with adult acne. Thankfully my skin is pretty clear now but when I used this product I was very happy with it. My 17-year-old son now uses this cleanser and really likes it. It is the only cleanser he will use. It clears his small amounts of breakouts very nicely when used along with Stridex pads. I would recommend this to anyone with acne because it works without drying the skin. Will repurchase this for my son again and again, until he moves out!

on 4/25/2011 7:08:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I got this product because I wanted a face wash that would control acne (more as a prevention technique). I liked the foam, and I felt like it was cleaning my face. It seemed to remove most of my makeup, but not all.
The biggest issue I have with this product is about a week into using it I broke out all over. I didn't realize it was the wash so I kept using it for about another 3 weeks and my face was not looking any better. I could literally see the clogged pores that were showing up. I haden't had acne this bad in years.
I've since switched cleaners, and my face is looking better. I also noticed that it has a very small amount of salicylic acid compared to normal acne cleaners (.5 % compared to 2%) The higher percentage is a little more drying, but it is very worth the clear skin.

on 4/22/2011 6:23:00 PM

So I used pro activ and skrewed my skin up because I dont have acne or even pimples too much. But proactiv made me get slight acne and so I started changing my routine and lines and finally tried this. This literally cleared my skin up relatively fast. I love the smell and the foam made it smooth over my skin really really well. The packaging was great at first but as I got to the end of the bottle it got hard to use and annoying and once my skin was all cleared up I started to get dry skin. So I had to change again but I havent had acne or many pimples since I changed to this so thank you aveeno! I buy it again every once in a while like when Im in a different climate because my skin will react to climate change. Moisturizer is too thick and greasy for me though. I prefer Garnier Nutritioniste Overnight cream as my daily moisturizer.

on 4/11/2011 1:11:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have been using this for almost a year now. I have very sensitive skin, and most of the blemish-fighting cleansers I've tried have just been way to harsh for my skin. This is a really great chemical balance for me. It keeps my skin clear without over-drying or over-moisturizing and it doesn't really have a fragrance which is great for me. I have tried both this and the clear complexion cream cleanser, and I can tell you that, for me- there is a substantial difference in the way my skin reacts, even though they're both from the same line. The cream cleanser has 2% salicylic acid, while the foam cleanser only has .5%. You'd think the cream would do a better job of fighting blemishes, but that's not the case for me. Don't know why, but the foam just works much better.
I used Cliniques acne line for a long time before trying this, and I like this tons better. Way cheaper, too!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Ummm ouch is all I can say, after two uses my skin is covered in scaly soreness and is really red, my chin is actually burning and stinging. Very, very drying and not something that works especially well with topical acne treatments unless you have very oily skin.

Doesn't cleanse as well as other products. Doesn't help a whole lot with breakouts

on 3/26/2011 4:20:00 AM

I like this product. I use it daily on my face because it is gentle on my sensitive skin and sometimes helps clear away my acne from its cleansing. Since it tends to dry my skin, I use moisturizer on my cheeks afterwards (thats the only place I can really use any moisturizer) and then that way my T-Zone is dried out for the acne to go away while the rest of my face is still being cleaned and is soft afterwards. I'd probably buy this product again if I couldnt find anything better in the future. The packaging is good, I like the pump.

on 3/21/2011 11:33:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This product has totally ruined my face: it has rendered my face extremely dry, sore irritated. I believe its the acid content plus all the other negative ingredients contained that has dont this. However, my face never felt dry whilst I was washing it but after a week of using it my face totally rebelled against it.

on 3/12/2011 11:54:00 PM

Is not some miracle worker, but my esthetician actually bought it for me and recommended I use it during my facial treatments back when my acne exploded real bad the first time. So, in combination with deep cleansing facials my face cleared up wonderfully and I continued to use this product for a few years. Im currently using Cetaphil, but would buy this again any time.