September 1, 2014 | 1929 users online

Cleansers - Aveeno - Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2011 11:54:00 PM More reviews by Giery

Is not some miracle worker, but my esthetician actually bought it for me and recommended I use it during my facial treatments back when my acne exploded real bad the first time. So, in combination with deep cleansing facials my face cleared up wonderfully and I continued to use this product for a few years. Im currently using Cetaphil, but would buy this again any time.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2011 10:59:00 PM More reviews by samiiyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm not really a fan of this product because it just didn't do anything. It didn't break me out or cause dryness or anything negative, but I have sensitive acne prone skin and I needed a little more to clear up the acne. Won't be buying this again, but I'm sure it'd work better for someone who has minimal acne problems.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2011 10:55:00 PM More reviews by miamibaby01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

It's my HG cleanser. I absolutely love it! Repurchased it so many times, i can't even remember. It's very gentle, removes all makeup, love the foamy consistency, doesn't leave any residue on my face. Excellent cleanser for sensitive skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2011 1:42:00 AM More reviews by tela096

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

What I really liked about this product was the foaming concept. It gave me a rich lather every time I would use it. In the first week of trying this out, I thought AMAZING! As the weeks progress, I started breaking out on my cheek and chin area. This just broke me out more and more every time I used it. I also started to notice that it dries out my skin and made it flaky. I'm not sure what exactly is breaking me out because when I look at the ingredients, everything looks safe. I'm glad that this has worked for others but for me, not so much.
------
edit: 2/18/2013
I do not encounter breakouts with this product anymore. It might have been a "purging stage" when I first started out. As for the dry skin, that has subdued as well. This has actually come to be one of my HG skin products!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/22/2010 4:47:00 PM More reviews by nellja

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Not bad at all, for my oily/combination/hormonally reactive 34 year old skin.

After coming off of a recent Neutrogena nightmare (had been desperate, didn't have cash on me on a trip & was stuck), I found this less drying, in comparison. No new acne or blackheads since using it, and it looks as if my scars are reducing as well - though that could be time, too.

Takes makeup off, including mascara. Washes clean, and skin *feels* clean and soft after using it. With a serum and/or moisturizer, skin feels balanced, not tight.

I'm not a fan of foaming cleansers, but can live with it for the price. Comes with a cap so you can take it with you on travels.

---

Edit - a month on, I find this drying. It did help with acne and was certainly less drying than the Neutrogena. Now happily using the more expensive Arbonne's RE9 Advanced Smoothing Facial Cleanser. Still looking for a non-drying, acne fighting drugstore equivalent.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2010 5:27:00 PM More reviews by BananaPanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a pretty good cleanser. But it's truly difficult to rate and review cleansers 'cause everyone's skin is so so so different and what is wonderful to one person might make another person break out. So. But here's just my opinion.

It's good. It's pretty gentle and makes my skin feel smooooth. Sadly, around my time of the month I break out and this does nothing to stop that. Or maybe it does. Maybe it would be a lot worse if I didn't use it. But still. I have pretty normal skin for someone being 15, maybe even above average. I usually have like one or two small, unoticable and easily covered pimples, but once in a while BAM a breakout occurs. This is no help, as far as I know.

I use this when I wake up and go to bed. It cleans well. It is fun to use, actually, and when it's all over my face I feel like santa claus (:

Packaging is fine and dandy. Not much to say there.

Smells greaaaat! Though some people might not like the smell, it smells clean and fresh to me.

Just remember I have pretty good skin to begin with and only need a simple cleanser so this works best for me. Doesn't leave any film or anything, comes right off and is just simple and fun. Clenases and balances my skin's tone as well. Kinda pricey for drug store stuff, but oh well.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2010 2:18:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely LIKED this product. It seemd great: I loved the foam and smell, it cleaned water-proof make up very well.
After 2 weeks I noticed lots of breakouts (like cystic bumps). They appeared almost every day after I used this cleanser. Also my skin felt very dry and flaky. I stopped using it and no more breakouts.
Will return this product. Its sad as its really great in removing ALL make-up and I loved the bottle with pump.
UPDATE: After I stopped using this cleanser I noticed major difference. No more breakouts! I was reading more about soy and soy products and I believe it was soy that made me breakout.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2010 12:13:00 PM More reviews by tr20726p

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great for my dry skin--makes my skin feel rejuvenated, fresh and tingly! Also allows my skin to show improvement in texture over a course of usage in time. Works great in collaboration with either of their facial moisturizers.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2010 4:56:00 AM More reviews by sonnenblumenz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is literally the best way to cleanse your face/clear your acne/prevent acne. It's so foamy and soothing when you use it and it really does work. If you use it once after you get out of the shower or even while you're in the shower, you see a difference in your skin. It's just so refreshing...<3 Love, love, LOVE this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2010 2:12:00 PM More reviews by pensopera

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My long time favorite face cleanser. I have been using Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming wash for about 8-10 years on and off again in hoping of finding that HG wash in other brands. In truth, nothing beats this face wash: 1. oil-free 2. non-comedogenic 3. soap-free 4. hypoallergenic. I have an oily and sensitive skin so a lot of facial products breaks me out. Not this products, it is so gentle, and helps control my acne productions since it contains a small amount of salicylic acid. I usually have about 2 pimples every months which is a huge achievement for me since a lot of expensive and high end cleanser caused a major acne breakouts on me such as Philosophy Purity cleanser, and Shiseido Pureness Gentle Wash. Lastly, the price for this product is excellent for about $6.50 USD, I save more money and yes, I will buy this Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Wash again since it maintains my skin in a great complexion.