July 26, 2014 | 1793 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2013 5:31:00 PM More reviews by Straussie88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm torn between my opinion on this foundation. It was another YouTube considered purchase, so after over indulging on review videos I decided to go out and get it.

First of all, the fact that everyone who'd reviewed it has dry skin types made me hesitate slightly, but I thought I won't know until I try.

I got the shade 52, as the lightest looked far too pale, even for my pasty skin.

The packaging is lovely, nice and sleek. As for the product, this is what I'm in two minds over.

The smell, coverage and initial finish are all fantastic... Its the application I find confusing. I'm used to heavy duty longwear foundations, so to go for this was kinda big step.

The consistency feels very nice when swatched on the back of your hand, but after a few attempts of applying it my usual way with my 187, it wasn't really working. After going back to trusty YouTube, I thought I'd give the recommended fingers technique a go, but that just made me patchy.

So after several attempts, all misses. I tried the application on the cheeks with my fingers, then buffed the rest in with a brush. Best method for me by far...

The look on the skin afterwards is great, a little dewy but with the Bourjois radiance powder on top, looks great. Still a nice natural glow, without looking oily.

Lasting power isn't super-dooper, but its not marketed for long wear, so a couple of touch ups and I'm good.

I like this product, but it does take a little getting used too. I wear this on good days, when my skin has no shame but still needs a little coverage.

As its not particularly one of my everyday go toos, I think I'll be using this more in the colder months when my skins looking a tad duller & in need of a little boost.

Good overall product, just for me needs a little work to get it how I like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2013 6:10:00 PM More reviews by sclaire

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my favourite foundation by now! It is yellow based, therefore I love it, i don´t think it is light coverage as it covers well all me redness (i´m very fair mac studio sculpt nc15; bourjois shade 51 with pink undertones but I can´t stand pink based foundations, I think they look hideous!) I would say it is medium coverage, it is not too much of a dewy foundation but definitely it is semi-matte as it doesn´t look cakey, and it feels so good and natural on my very dry sensitive skin, almost like a second skin. I have sinusitis so I do not notice the smell (Lol, I am sorry but that´s what happens with me) and the price is affordable but I live in Portugal and here it´s about 20 euros ( lucky me, I bought it with 20% discount), I know that in England it´s much cheaper like 10/11 pounds 12/13 euros or something like that. And it´s pretty much that!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/23/2013 1:23:00 PM More reviews by hellothere2013

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Bourjois Healthy Mix.

When I think of that word, I think of how much MUA loves it. All sorts of accolades for Healthy Mix. It was almost a guarantee that Healthy Mix Serum would be the HG for anyone who would give it a try.

At least that is what I thought.

For months I dabbled with the thoughts of ordering healthy mix serum. It has to be good! it just has to be. I finally purchased it, thinking, this is it. This is going to be my HG.

I smooth it on my face, but probably with too high of expectation, thinking my skin would look smoother, fresher, healthier. Now I have relatively smooth skin with one area of acne scarring.

Was it what it was hyped to be? no.

No indeed. It's did not look good on me. I do look for natural looking light foundations, but this didn't do anything. My face was greasy after a few hours.

Pros:
Hmm

Cons:
No lasting power.
Did not look like anything was on.

Good for: People with already smooth skin. People who want light coverage.
Not for: People who don't have smooth skin. People looking for full coverage.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2013 12:12:00 PM More reviews by iloveblush

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I must be using this wrong.

Firstly, I bought this on eBay as I couldn't find it locally. I got #54 which is too dark and too pink for my NC 35 yellow/neutral skin. But that's not the fault of the product, just a bad guess on my part.

When first applied, it looks ok. Not great, but just ok. Its medium coverage which I do like. Some days too dewy so I put a powder over to fix it, no biggie. The finish is ok, nothing great.

The worst part, by far, is the lasting power. 16 hours? That's a joke. It llasts about 2 hours or so on me.

No, I won't buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2013 11:49:00 AM More reviews by akneil

OH MY WORD
This stuff is magic. MAGIC i tell you.
Ok maybe it isn't magic, but it's pretty awesome. Firstly, it smells fantastic. Don't worry though, you can't smell it on your face after you apply it.
I love how this blends into my skin giving a dewy finish, and it LOOKS LIKE SKIN. I've heard it being called a light coverage foundation, but it is VERY buildable. With a little concealer it covers redness very well. Just build up the coverage and it becomes a good medium coverage. I don't really believe in heavy coverage foundations anyways, they are always too cakey and heavy. In my opinion it's better to use a medium coverage and a concealer on spots.

I would not recommend this for oily skin. Combination maybe. Dry = DEFINITELY.
I was originally using Clinique acne solutions foundation, but found it to be too drying, heavy and it oxidizes pretty badly..
I don't find this oxidizes. I do the hand test and leave it on all day. The clinique foundation gets so orange as the day goes on, this stays blended in with my hand.

I would definitely bring a compact around especially in the summer, because it is a dewy finish and sometimes it can get a little too dewy.. But with a little powder it is perfectly fine.

One problem with this foundation line is the colour choices. They are all very yellow toned. I am a 53 Light Beige in the summer, and a 52 in the winter, and it is a little bit too yellow for me, but it actually blends in very well as long as you apply it well.
I wish they would come out with more colours, especially since they discontinued the original Healthy Mix Foundation. Please Bourjois please!!

I do agree with some that say it doesn't last all day. For some reason that doesn't bother me enough to take a lippie off though. Just carry a compact with you.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/12/2013 7:07:00 AM More reviews by sophiebo88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

It's ok, it didn't give me acne which is a plus but I feel like it just sits on top of the skin, it's really greasy, oxidises quickly, I always need powder with this but it turns the foundation cakey

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2013 10:54:00 AM More reviews by YCH

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Thanks to the reviewer who pointed out how good this is for oily skin ! I'm not keen on heavy foundation, but sometimes want little bit more coverage than BB cream or mineral powder and this is lovely ! I like the fresh smell (but then I like Garnier BB and Elnet hairspray) and it fades quickly anyway. Even my OH who notices nothing said my skin looked "really nice" with this - praise indeed. I had looked at several much more expensive options for a summer foundation (Chanel, Benefit etc) but am thrilled to have found this which looks better than anything else I tried.
It gives light/medium coverage, a slight glow (not at all greasy looking though), not sure about longevity as I haven't tried all day yet. I bought shade 52 and normally wear the second lightest neutral/warm shade in most foundations

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2013 11:11:00 PM More reviews by cozycat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a nice foundation with light coverage for daily use. It has a very natural finish for that 'no make-up' look and texture is nice, it hydrates the dry parts of my face. Unfortunately, my T-Zone gets oily with this, especially now that it's really warm outside...so I still need to use pressed powder to set this foundation in, and I have to powder my face every few hours. Compared to Bourjois's Flower Perfection Youth Extension liquid foundation, this one offers less coverage and is more 'dewy'. FPYE is drying on my face on its own, but nothing that some moisturizer can't take care of, I prefer the medium coverage, it gives a matt, yet still natural, finish, it also doesn't get my T-Zone oily even if I forget to set my face with powder after applying it, which is fantastic. I will use this up, but I won't repurchase. If I want a natural finish with no mattifying properties, I will just stick to regular tinted moisturizer. I will return to FPYE next time, it was a mistake to switch to this. Maybe Healthy Mix would have worked better for me in the winter months when my skin gets dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2013 8:46:00 PM More reviews by GingerTaylah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation leaves an, indeed, healthy finish on my skin, it just kind of glows, but at the same time it's still matte. I would say it has a "real skin" finish. My skin can react badly to fruit-based products, but so far I haven't had any allergic reactions to it. I am shade #52 which only one store carries here (most of them carry from #53 ahead). Some shops carry #51 in the UK, but apparently in other places in Europe that one is even harder to get than #52.

Healthy Mix Serum has a lighter coverage than classic Healthy Mix, but now that my skin is looking really good and it's summer I think that works well for me, plus it feels really good on the skin and some people have commented on the fact that it looks like I am not wearing any makeup at all, so I definitely cannot complain. It is also the perfect mix of golden and rosy, so it doesn't look yellow on neutral-toned face. I apply it with my fingers, it sets really nicely and doesn't oxidise through the day. I use the Healthy Mix concealer with it and it covers what the foundation can't, definitely making the two of them a great tandem. It doesn't stick to dry patches either, which is a plus.

I would say this is an all-around great foundation if you don't need too much coverage and want your skin to look natural.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2013 12:51:00 AM More reviews by mariselayoung

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I'm on Accutane right now, a pretty intense pill to cure acne, so my skin has its ups and downs (and I'm talking pretty extreme ups and downs too). But I would take looking like a pepperoni pizza over looking really cake-y, where it's obvious I'm wearing foundation.

Well, this foundation was the answer to all my prayers! It's light, but in a way that really covers my redness well. I still might use some extra concealer on bad days for extra coverage, but usually this foundation is all I need. But the best part about it is that it goes on my skin so smoothly and blends well over the dry patches of skin. Maybe that has to do with the gel forumla.

My mother and best friend (who are very prone to critiquing my appearance) even asked me if I was even wearing foundation in the first place. Which is a total compliment! It looks just like a "second skin." I think that's the term all the beauty gurus use.

It's has a quite dewy finish, so I do find that I have to powder my face after using it. I have the lightest shade (Vanille Clair) and I find it runs a bit yellow, so I do have to blend it down my neck a bit. They don't have any fair neutral toned options I'm afraid.

I find it lasts alright on me, though without any powder over it, the lasting power could differ. It also has a scent to it, which I find alright and not too overpowering to the senses.

Overall, Bourjois Healthy Mix Gel Foundation is the only foundation I've ever really liked, and it is relatively cheap!