Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm

3.6

Polybutene, Octyldodecanol, Isopropyl Myristate, Petrolatum, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Polyethylene, Ozokerite, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter / Shea Butter, Diisostearyl Malate, Candelilla Cera / Candelilla Wax / Cire De Candelilla, Vp/Hexadecene Copolymer, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Parfum / Fragrance, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alumina, Aroma / Flavor, Silica, Isopropyl Palmitate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Limonene, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Benzyl Benzoate, Centella Asiatica Extract, Aluminum Hydroxide, Citral, Linalool, Hexyl Cinnamal, Tin Oxide, Geraniol, Eugenol, Aloe Barbadensis Extract / Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Mel / Honey / Miel, Calcium Pantothenate, Ascorbic Acid, Dimethicone, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Atelocollagen. May Contain: CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, MICA, CI 45410 / Red 28 Lake, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 15850 / Red 7, CI 45380 / Red 22 Lake, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake. CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake, CI 15985 / Yellow 6 Lake, CI 75470 / Carmine].

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I love tinted lip balms & am always on the hunt for a better one. Sadly, I found these too drying for me. I bought Cherry Me ( a sheer red) and Grapevine ( a sheer purple berry color). Both felt moisturizing at first but left my lips dry feeling within 15-20 minutes. The hunt continues.

on 7/6/2014 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love the packaging and the lip balms add a cute tint to your lips, they all smell delicious and aren't expensive, but they aren't very moisturizing. I liked them but I wouldn't repurchase, except maybe the pink one because I love the color , or the yellow one because that one actually is moisturizing.

I have this in Smoothing Cherry (discontinued) it doesn't have a tint and it's absolutely lovely! It definitely works for me! I had dry cracked lips very often and it started getting really annoying to constantly have the need to apply lip balm. When I first picked this up I was really looking for something that could solve me lip problem once and for all. This product did not disappoint!
It didn't have a taste but had a slight scent of cherry. I applied it once or twice everyday and four days later, my cracked lips were no longer a problem!! They were gone! I was left with crackles soft lips. Would definitely recommend!
Sadly, now almost all BabyLips by Maybelline have a tint. Great for some but not for me. I prefer mine to be naked.

on 6/29/2014 3:32:00 PM

I have this in the shade 'pink punch' and I really set my hopes high for this when I bought it last summer. I wanted to get 'cherry me' but they were sold out so I bought this one instead. I hardly ever use it and despite claiming to make your lips baby soft, this did nothing of the sort! I felt like I had oil or something on my lips and it did NOT feel moisturising in the slightest! Also, the packaging does nothing for me, I know it's only 2.99, but personally I think it looks a little cheap and tacky (but I know lots of people like it!)

The only two pros of this (for which I've given it the two lippies/stars) is that I a) love the tropical smell and b) it's actually quite pigmented! However the colour is a bubblegum pink which looks awful on me (although that isn't maybelline's fault). I was expecting it to be a lovely MLBB pink but was sadly disappointed.

I'm reviewing this product coming up to summer as I wanted to give this another go, but alas, I was reminded of why I really don't like it. I was going to give 'cherry me' a go, but the formula of this has completely put me off. Personally, I'd rather spend the extra 5 and get revlon lip butter, at least they don't feel like I'm slathering oil on my lips! Sorry maybelline, but I really don't understand the hype around these!

on 6/27/2014 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

I must be allergic to something in the ingredients. It dried my lips, and broke out in blisters. This never happened in any other lip balm or lipstick I have lying around and will return to Walgreen's.

on 6/27/2014 6:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

i have this peoduct in pink punch, which looks like my lips but better. it's been part of my everyday makeup routine for the past 3 years and i'm still on the same tube (that may be partly because i really salvage my products). it is moisturizing, has great pigmentation, and is my perfect shade. what's not to love? i bought this expecting it to be a lightly tinted lip balm or a lipstick, but it's neither. you just have to try it to see what i mean.

This product doesn't moisturize at all, it made my lips feel dryer after using it. It smells good and it goces you a "nice" sheer color, but it is not worth it.

I was so excited I finally bought all of the original flavors except the peppermint one. I found that none of them were really good at moisturizing at all... it just sits on your lips and I think that if you already have moisturized lips people will have better success with them but I mean I don't even have super cracked dry lips, and this stuff felt like it was more drying than anything.

Quenched- this one has the cutest packaging to me, pink and blue, and, initially, it smelled like skittles!! I don't know what it was that caused this, but it started to stink after awhile lol like someone else said "smelled like rotten lemons) >.< sometimes it would go away and then come back... no idea, didn't like the product enough to find out what caused it.

Cherry Me- this one added a pretty tinted red color to your lips and I thought it smelled like red jolly ranchers, my favorite!!

Grape Vine- smells like a grape popsicle, and gives a tint to the lips much like Cherry Me, except purple colored.

Pink Punch- wow, hard for me to describe the smell, it smells really good like literally smells like punch. The color is like barbie pink lol not natural at all, but really fun if you're into that color.

Peach Kiss- ahh this one smells really good, like, you guessed it, peaches! It gives just a soft nude color to the lips just a little frosty but looks natural.

All of these smell really good (although they don't taste as they smell), and I'm sure they will be fun for kids and for people that don't find them drying, but I just wasn't into it I was excited to try them but they felt drying to me rather than moisturizing.

Not that great. Packaging is super tacky and the balm is not hydrating in the least.

on 6/23/2014 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i completely love it.I am a fan of lip balms and baby lips are good moisturizers whith color .

Popular Lip Treatments