Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Trio - Silent Treatment

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Trimethylsiloxysillicate, Magnesium Stearate, Nylon 12, Sythetic Fluorphlogopite, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Boron Nitride, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Calcium Aluminum Borosillicate, Silica, Polyethylene, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Dimethicone/Methicone Copolymer, Tin Oxide May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Yellow 5, Black 2, Aluminum Powder, Carmine, Manganese Violet, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Blue 1, Ultramarines, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Red 40

on 10/30/2011 6:32:00 PM

Pros - all three shadows are silky smoothy. easy application. blendable. Colors compliment one another well. 2 of the 3 shades are true to color (brow bone shade and eye lid shade). very affordable. minimal creasing and great staying power.
- - -
Cons - Crease shade is not true to color - comes out more black than dirty brown. shadows are prone to breaking.
- - -
Over all - excellent purchase. The eyelid shade is comparable to Estee Lauder's Mocha Cup (retails for 20.00). These shades coordinate well together and the eyelid shade is especially great. This trio is long wearing (even without primer) and such a steal for 2.99. The shadows are very soft, easy to blend out, or layer upon. Would definitely re purchase.

on 10/24/2011 10:39:00 AM

I bought this eyeshadow trio in Canada last month, as we do not have wet n wild in Ireland, unfortunately. I love the colours but as previous reviewers have said the taupe colour, which is a lovely colour, is so soft it simply crumbles up. As a result I cannot bring it anywhere in my makeup bag, which is a pity. The overall standard of the shadows is very good, the dark brown one is a small bit of a disappointment in that it is not dark enough on, you just have to put loads on or wet it.

on 10/24/2011 10:23:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a lovely trio. I love the soft smoky look that I get from these shades. They are soft in texture and blend easily. Like the other Wet 'n' Wild shadows you do need to tap off the excess on the brush to avoid fallout.

All of these shades have shimmer, which I prefer in my shadows.

on 10/24/2011 5:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

This trio consists of a peach highlighting shade with subtle shimmer, a very shimmery taupe lid color, and a dark brown with gold microglitter. While I loved the way this set looks in the pan it didn't really work on me.

The peach color has a nice texture but it's almost invisible on me. It's just way too close to my skintone. I think if your skintone is quite a bit different from this color than it might not be a problem for you. Just note that it isn't super pigmented so even if you were a lot darker for example, it would still look very soft and subtle.

The taupe color I really love. It has such a wonderful buttery texture and blends just beautifully. It is amazingly pigmented too. It goes on looking a bit more warm on my skin than it looks in the package, almost a soft brown. I do wish it was less shimmery but it's not a deal-breaker for me. My only complaint with this color is it is super soft. It practically crumbles when my brush touches it and after I use it there's a lot of loose powder remaining. I can see a potential mess and going through this color very quickly because of this.

The dark brown color goes on looking black on me. The gold microglitter seems to disappear on my skin. Although it doesn't go on the smoothest, it does go on nice for a black eyeshadow and thankfully isn't chalky. My big problem with this color is that it is way too dark to go with the other 2 lighter colors. When I use this trio I substitute the dark brown for a lighter brown or taupe that doesn't have as big of a contrast with the taupe.

Because of poor pairing of the almost black with the other colors, and the too light and unpigmented peach, I wouldn't recommend this trio. However the taupe is very nice and if you're willing to buy this just to have taupe, I guess $3 isn't that bad even for just one eye shadow.

on 10/17/2011 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this eyeshadow, especially for a drugstore brand. It was cheap and works great. The colors are very unique, and work well together. The silvery grey eyelid shade seems to have a hint of a lilac shift to it, which I like, and works well with the deep coffee ground brown crease shade. The crease shade has given me a bit of fallout but usually by my own fault for getting too much product on my brush, so use a light touch with that shade. The brow bone highlighter is a great color, very neutral and works well as a highlighter if you prefer a subtle sheen to a frosty shimmer on your brow bone. I would have given this 5 lippies, however, I am on my second trio because after dropping my first one onto carpet, it broke into a million pieces and was a complete mess. So be very careful not to bang this product around or drop it, and you'll be fine.

New favorite! I'm usually pretty skeptical about buying drugstore eyeshadow, but this stuff is great! Lovely colors and it lasts all day. Very easy to put the look together. Love it!

on 10/14/2011 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this trio all the colors actually last all day without fading (with a primer) my favorite is the silvery taupe color its just so beautiful I don't tend to use then other colors I usually use the lid color a brown and a skin tone shade.

on 10/14/2011 10:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

So glad i ordered this palette , I can't get WnW here so i order on-line. I wore this palette the other day and i was amazed and how beautiful it is especially the taupe shade in it ... AMAZING. I am Nc15 for reference. I put the taupe all over the lid and the black in the crease it just looked beautiful and so easy to work with and blend. I maybe have to get a back up of this. The only thing is the packaging my lid gets stuck every time but i can over look that its just a little inconvenient

on 10/12/2011 11:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This palette is perfect for a (soft) smoky eye. The grey eyelid color is really pretty, the crease color is nice and really buildable. The browbone color is gorgeous but it doesn't work well for that purpose, at least not on me as I am NW15 and I don't want to have pink eyeshadow on my brow bone. The eyeshadows are a little powdery but there was surprisingly little fallout. The packaging is really poor and a bit hard to open. You get two small brushes with it that are basically useless (and they kept falling out of the palette) but I still like the company's effort to include them. For the price this is an excellent product but I wish the selection of colors was a bit different as they don't really work for me that well together.

on 10/8/2011 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

The colors in this palette are very nice and I like the combo, but not on me. The shadows are shimmery and while I do like a little subtle shimmer, these are not. They can be a bit loud when layered one over the other. The pigmentation is good for a d/s shadow, which is surprising. When I do wear these, I touch only the 1st and 3rd colors. I've found that with the crease color, I haven't quite mastered black shadows nor how to blend them well. I've only worn these colors maybe 3x in the past 4 months and it's because of the shimmer. I am so unhappy with these shadows.