Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Trio - Silent Treatment

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Trimethylsiloxysillicate, Magnesium Stearate, Nylon 12, Sythetic Fluorphlogopite, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Boron Nitride, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Calcium Aluminum Borosillicate, Silica, Polyethylene, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Dimethicone/Methicone Copolymer, Tin Oxide May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Yellow 5, Black 2, Aluminum Powder, Carmine, Manganese Violet, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Blue 1, Ultramarines, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Red 40

on 11/26/2011 2:02:00 AM

When I used to work at a luxury department store, Chanel was my go to brand for eyeshadows. But times are tough and I can no longer take advantage of that insider discount! If I hadn't read the overwhelming reviews on MUA I would have just dismissed WnW to be a chinzy, powdery eyeshadow disaster. But you have shown me the way! These eyeshadow trio goes on with a lot of color! A little shadow goes a long way! And it lasts too, all day for me without a primer. I do have to say that the shadow for the crease is a bit too intense for most of my application uses. Sometimes I will just blend in a little bit of the shade with the lid color. But other then that I am quite the happy camper with this set and will be back for more!

on 10/30/2011 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

First off, Wet n Wild shadows have come such a long way. The consistancy of these shadows are so creamy and smooth. I know that all you ladies have aleast one of these quads. So you all know what I am talking about. The price is cheap and it has the same value of a high end product. The colors in this quad are a taupe, peachy color, and a dark brown/black. This can give you a nice smokey eye or a really nautral look. This is a muti purpose quad and works great on all skin tones. I suggest that if you if you do not have this quad that you get it and try it out/ or swap here for it, its worth it.

on 10/30/2011 7:51:00 PM

I was honestly disappointed with this product. Don't get me wrong: the eyeshadows are great quality, especially for the price. They just didn't turn out how I thought I would be. The only color that makes this trio worth buying is the purple taupe eyelid color, which I happen to use in my crease on lazy days. I bought this mainly because I was attracted to the crease color. A muddy grey-brown with what appears to be gold and pink glitters. Boy, this color looks way different on my skin. It turned out to be a dark grey with no glitter whatsoever when I put it on my eye. I was so disappointed! The browbone shade (a frosty light pink) is not bad nor good, in my opinion. It's a nice color, but easily dupe-able. One last downside is the insane amount of fallout I get from the product because these shadows are so soft. All in all, if I use the browbone as an all-over lid color and the eyelid color in the crease with some of the crease color packed onto the lash line, it gives a nice look. Three stars for useable, but not amazing eyeshadow!

on 10/30/2011 6:32:00 PM

Pros - all three shadows are silky smoothy. easy application. blendable. Colors compliment one another well. 2 of the 3 shades are true to color (brow bone shade and eye lid shade). very affordable. minimal creasing and great staying power.
- - -
Cons - Crease shade is not true to color - comes out more black than dirty brown. shadows are prone to breaking.
- - -
Over all - excellent purchase. The eyelid shade is comparable to Estee Lauder's Mocha Cup (retails for 20.00). These shades coordinate well together and the eyelid shade is especially great. This trio is long wearing (even without primer) and such a steal for 2.99. The shadows are very soft, easy to blend out, or layer upon. Would definitely re purchase.

on 10/24/2011 10:39:00 AM

I bought this eyeshadow trio in Canada last month, as we do not have wet n wild in Ireland, unfortunately. I love the colours but as previous reviewers have said the taupe colour, which is a lovely colour, is so soft it simply crumbles up. As a result I cannot bring it anywhere in my makeup bag, which is a pity. The overall standard of the shadows is very good, the dark brown one is a small bit of a disappointment in that it is not dark enough on, you just have to put loads on or wet it.

on 10/24/2011 10:23:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a lovely trio. I love the soft smoky look that I get from these shades. They are soft in texture and blend easily. Like the other Wet 'n' Wild shadows you do need to tap off the excess on the brush to avoid fallout.

All of these shades have shimmer, which I prefer in my shadows.

on 10/24/2011 5:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

This trio consists of a peach highlighting shade with subtle shimmer, a very shimmery taupe lid color, and a dark brown with gold microglitter. While I loved the way this set looks in the pan it didn't really work on me.

The peach color has a nice texture but it's almost invisible on me. It's just way too close to my skintone. I think if your skintone is quite a bit different from this color than it might not be a problem for you. Just note that it isn't super pigmented so even if you were a lot darker for example, it would still look very soft and subtle.

The taupe color I really love. It has such a wonderful buttery texture and blends just beautifully. It is amazingly pigmented too. It goes on looking a bit more warm on my skin than it looks in the package, almost a soft brown. I do wish it was less shimmery but it's not a deal-breaker for me. My only complaint with this color is it is super soft. It practically crumbles when my brush touches it and after I use it there's a lot of loose powder remaining. I can see a potential mess and going through this color very quickly because of this.

The dark brown color goes on looking black on me. The gold microglitter seems to disappear on my skin. Although it doesn't go on the smoothest, it does go on nice for a black eyeshadow and thankfully isn't chalky. My big problem with this color is that it is way too dark to go with the other 2 lighter colors. When I use this trio I substitute the dark brown for a lighter brown or taupe that doesn't have as big of a contrast with the taupe.

Because of poor pairing of the almost black with the other colors, and the too light and unpigmented peach, I wouldn't recommend this trio. However the taupe is very nice and if you're willing to buy this just to have taupe, I guess $3 isn't that bad even for just one eye shadow.

on 10/17/2011 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this eyeshadow, especially for a drugstore brand. It was cheap and works great. The colors are very unique, and work well together. The silvery grey eyelid shade seems to have a hint of a lilac shift to it, which I like, and works well with the deep coffee ground brown crease shade. The crease shade has given me a bit of fallout but usually by my own fault for getting too much product on my brush, so use a light touch with that shade. The brow bone highlighter is a great color, very neutral and works well as a highlighter if you prefer a subtle sheen to a frosty shimmer on your brow bone. I would have given this 5 lippies, however, I am on my second trio because after dropping my first one onto carpet, it broke into a million pieces and was a complete mess. So be very careful not to bang this product around or drop it, and you'll be fine.

New favorite! I'm usually pretty skeptical about buying drugstore eyeshadow, but this stuff is great! Lovely colors and it lasts all day. Very easy to put the look together. Love it!

on 10/14/2011 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this trio all the colors actually last all day without fading (with a primer) my favorite is the silvery taupe color its just so beautiful I don't tend to use then other colors I usually use the lid color a brown and a skin tone shade.