November 27, 2014 | 941 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Fit Me Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 3/27/2014 7:18:00 PM More reviews by maymay24

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation is way too oily for my face! (my face is already oily enough)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2014 8:39:00 PM More reviews by IUPgrad2010

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Things I like:

1.Coverage- full covers my acne/scarring WITHOUT a concealer
2.Shade Selection- I feel like it matches me beautifully
3. Runny texture (makes it easier for stippling)

Things I don't like:

1. Rubs off very easily
2. Does get shiny
3. no pump??

Anyone having issues ( I had some) here's what I did to fix them

1. coverage, when I FIRST used it, it didn't cover anything I was using my fingers NO lol. this will give you a very sheer coverage. so then I realized, *wait for it...* I own a Stippling brush!! lol (its from E.L.F) and let me tell you, it made a HUGE difference in coverage.

I use it and then rub it in on my nose and pat around my eyes with my fingers.

2. "Dewy" look. yes.... nothing a little sheer powder didn't help me with.

I would recommend this foundation for a dinner date, or shopping nothing strenuous.(like exercising and such)

im an NC37 for reference.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2014 3:32:00 PM More reviews by Xyooj

This is definitely one of those "love it" or "hate it" type of products. I definitely do love it and it has been the only foundation that I have stuck to for a couple of years. In other words, I always go back to this product. :)

When I had first purchased my first Maybelline Fit Me Foundation two years ago, I did NOT like it (despite all of the benefits it claimed to have) due to the fact of the consistency it had. What didn't appeal to me was how runny the foundation was. So yes, when applying on this foundation, do be careful of tilting the foundation to pour out some of the product. Moreover, since the foundation was really runny, it was not good on hot days. Knowing that my t-zone was the most oiliest place on my face at the time, I felt as if the foundation was melting off of my face. I would literally use the back of one of my hands to wipe off my t-zone and there will be foundation on the back of my hands. Therefore, I do not recommend this product to anyone with oily skin type. Another thing is that this product does not give a good amount of coverage to anyone with acne.

But of course, I gave it some time to see if I wanted to throw it away or not. And surprisingly, I still purchase this item 'til this day. What happened was that my skin type changed as I got older so oily skin was no longer a problem for me anymore with this foundation. Also, I broke out less and less which made me not have to worry about finding GREAT coverage.

As an overall, I am satisfied with this product and had learned how to love it throughout the years. The packaging is decent. But I do love how it is inexpensive, how you can find it at any beauty aisle of any local drugstore, the color selection is great (plus sometimes I can always mix a shade with another), how it makes your skin looks natural and has somewhat of a dewy finish.

The only downfall is that this product was not made for oily skin types and for anyone who is looking for medium to heavy coverage. And don't wear this foundation of extremely hot days :(

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2014 12:01:00 PM More reviews by addied

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I haven't had much luck with matching my skin tone with Maybelline FitMe range, however I did match my friend and she loved this product, glad she's pleased with it. I'm not. You'll definitely need to powder after applying otherwise brace yourself for sweat patches. Lack of shades and the hype really bugs me.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2014 3:36:00 AM More reviews by Cherryferry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I actually really like this foundation. I picked it up when I was running low on funds and couldn't afford my usual Benefit foundation.

The consistency is fairly thin, especially when compared to other lipsticks on the market, but it isn't runny. It is very smooth and the colour range is fantastic.

When I got this I was disappointed to see that it didn't have a pump. I personally prefer to have a pump on my foundations, purely because it is less messy, but it isn't a deal breaker for me. I have just poured some into a tub and apply it directly from there.

I usually apply the foundation using a sponge, but it also blends in perfectly well using your fingers (I haven't tried using a brush). I find that it offers good coverage, and it evens out my skin tone well. I also find that it lasts a long time, usually seven or eight hours, which is long enough to keep me looking pretty through the working day :)

I do understand why people criticize this product, though. It can sometimes feel a little greasy, and if you don't set it with powder or something it disappears very quickly. It is unforgiving if you apply too much as it just won't blend if overused. But, given the great value and decent nature of the product, I feel that these flaws can be overlooked.

I'm not convinced that I would repurchase the second that I run out, as I like to experiment with new types of foundation. But I certainly will buy it one day if I am again running low on funds and wish to secure myself a good quality foundation.

No, it isn't a HG foundation. No, it won't make you look totally flawless, and it won't stay on your face all day long. But it will even out your tone, brighten your face and, if set properly, last you a considerable amount of time. That makes it a pretty good foundation for its price in my opinion.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2014 8:21:00 PM More reviews by lollycat99

This isn't actually as bad as ppl made it out to be. I just recently picked it up and at first, I expected it to be greasy and oily and overly dewy but it wasn't. It just had a nice sheen to it, which was nice. I applied it using 4 different ways, my beauty blender, my fingers, my elf studio flat top powder brush and my sigma f80. And I much prefer it with the the sigma brush. Another thing I like about this foundation is that it's lightweight and not too heavy feeling on my skin. For the price it's a great deal!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2014 11:49:00 PM More reviews by Brooklynetallene

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Can this please get a pump in the US?! Other than the messy packaging, the foundation is super Dewey so oily skin people stayyyy away!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2014 11:11:00 PM More reviews by Elektraza86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this foundation in 115 and for reference I am a neutral NW15. I've been test driving a lot of face products recently because my skin is dry and rather dull. I am looking for something dewy and moisturizing.

First this is, in my opinion only suited for dry skin ladies. If you are even a little oily I might steer clear. I am dry and I don't powder and the one time I do powder I use a dewy finishing powder. This after all day wear with no powder made me shiney! So I can't imagine someone oily. This would probably melt off.

This applies beautiful and sits beautiful and I truly love this finish. I think I can get away with it in the warmer months as well if I pair this with my MAC mineralize skin finish. I also love the concealer in Fit Me. Having said that I also LOVE Maybelline!

The packaging sucks. Pour with caution. Apply with a soft kabuki. I use my trusted Real Techniques buffing brush. Personally and very honestly I will purchase this foundation because it give me the exact effect I want. I also use Dior Air flash wish I LOVE....and Revlon Color stay and this foundation will likely be my go to when I alternate by Dior (so expensive I use sparingly) and will probably replace my color stay at this rate even though color stay has much better staying power. Give it a shot, love it or hate it's cheap enough.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2014 4:44:00 PM More reviews by pickmepinup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Lovely stuff. I'm hesitant to yell "HG," though I do always find myself reaching for this for foundation. I suppose it is somewhat of a saving grace for me on terms of matching my difficult skin tone.

Maybelline's Fit Me foundation is moderately light-feeling, has a dewy finish, is nice and easy to work with, and comes in a huge variety of shades for even the lightest skin tones. Packaging is just all right, being usable and fully functional is what matters most. I never did like the screw-on caps because the foundation tends to dry and yellow around the mouth of the bottle, though besides that, it does do the job fine. I'm only nit-picking now!

My skin is more pale and bluer-toned for even MAC's fairest foundation to match, so finding something light enough for me has been a nightmare for years. Even the lightest shade of most every professional or drugstore foundation shows up yellow. If you're at all familiar with this problem, definitely try this foundation.

I'm eighteen and am not easily prone to break-outs, so personally, heavy coverage/wrinkle diminishing aren't what I look for in a foundation. I tend to flush embarrassingly easily when I get warm or move about too much, so I only need something simple to cover redness and even my skin while being gentle. No bells and whistles needed.

Unfortunately, it still quite easily wipes off if you accidentally bump your face or rest on a pillow or some such, so I'd recommend some sort of sealing powder(not familiar with any myself.) Lasts about 4-6 hours with minimal touching/smearing, though can sweat right off before the day's done if you aren't at all careful with it.

I will be honest and say that this does clog my sensitive pores if I don't give my skin a day's break of make-up after a few days or so. My cheeks in particular tend to get a bit more clogged than usual, though some face-wash and a day without painting my face at all will put my skin right back to normal. Ah, the price of beauty!

In all, a good, easily-accessible foundation for sensitive skin. Has its flaws here and there with the clogging, though then again, our skin isn't initially made to be covered up.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2014 1:53:00 PM More reviews by TheHipsterlicious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation works pretty well. It's a bit sheer, but still evens out my skin and looks nice. I won't be buying this again because I think I can probably get something that will match my skin better, but if I not for that I would have no complaints. The product itself worked fine for me as long as I set it with powder.