August 23, 2014 | 1141 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Fit Me Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2014 3:57:00 PM More reviews by featherbriefcase

I love this foundation. I have acne prone/oily skin. However, I have been on accutane for 5 months at half the full dose, so I have either two or four months to go, depending on whether my dose is double or if it is kept at the same level.

Before I started using accutane I was using EL DW in 4N1. It was the only thing that would hold up with my oily skin and not break down before the day was over. It was the only thing that would cover up bumps and provide good coverage. But even though its labeled as being non-comedogenic, I think that long-wearing foundation tend to clog my pores, even if I used a makeup remover and took care of my skin. I might try it again, but 4N1 is too dark for me right now. I have tried many brands, and a bit of a makeup snob, so drug store brands are not something I normally wear.

So when my skin started to clear, and lightened at the same time, I reached for the bottle of Maybelline Fit Me Liquid Foundation in 310 Sun Beige. It has beige/yellow/golden undertones and is slightly lighter than EL DW 4N1, which matched my skin perfectly. I liked the way it looked natural in any light and did not cake up. I also have the concealer in medium. Both are great products.

Fit me Liquid Foundation provides light to medium coverage, definitely not like EL DW, but enough to even out my redness and give my skin an even tone. I use the concealer on red spots and it blends beautifully. I also use it under my eyes. A little goes a long way and I try to use as little as possible. I use a foundation brush to apply the foundation, then I dab a tiny bit of the concealer on the back of my hand and use the foundation brush on spots that need extra coverage. I make sure that I stipple it into my skin after I blend it with downward strokes and it all blends seamlessly. Finally, I set it with Almay Loose powder. I sprinkle a little of the light and the medium light shades into one of the lids of the powder and gently press the powder into my skin with a foundation brush. I think give it a spritz with MAC Fix Plus or Urban Decay All Night Setting Spray. It looks flawless and you cannot tell I am wearing makeup, even up close in harsh lighting. Such good products for such a low price. I heard its a cheap version of YSL Touch Eclat Foundation or Tom Ford Virtual Skin. I don't know because I haven't tried it. Let me know if there are any high-end foundations that this foundation is similar to; I would like to try the high end version.

I tried using this before accutane and it didn't provide enough coverage. Also, my skin was very oily and the foundation literally melted off my face. That is why I didn't use. But now that my skin is completely dry and not in the least bit oily, I love the way this foundation looks and feels on my skin. I would not recommend this for someone for oily skin. I think if you have slightly oily, or combination skin, dry or normal, you will like this foundation. Just remember to prep the skin or it will look flakily - like all foundations.

I don't give it full marks for packaging because a pump would make it more sanitary and help you to control the amount that you dispense. Even if I am careful to pour it on the back of my hand and not let product go back into the bottle, I am paranoid about germs and contamination. Put a pump on it Maybelline! I also don't like to touch my face with wand applicators because it seems like you just contaminate the whole thing, so I prefer to dab a little on a clean part of the back of my hand and apply it with a foundation brush from there. I like the foundation bottle and the use of black, for both the bottle and the concealer.

I also have the powder in 310, but I absolutely abhor this product, mostly because it has shimmer! I hate that it has sparkles that you can see when you go into sunlight. It also settles into fine lines and enlarged pores, and definitely does not set the foundation properly like even a cheap loose powder i.e. Almay. The only thing I like about the powder is the large mirror. It can be bulky though if you want to carry it around.

Overall, I think this is a fabulous, modern foundation, with good coverage considering how natural it looks in any light. I would highly recommend it and the concealer, but not the powder, for the above reasons for those with non-oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2014 2:16:00 PM More reviews by Acidapples

I like this if I have a breakout, it's non-comedogenic so it won't make anything worse. It has ok coverage, not what is like to be, but ok. It has a dewy finish, which I love in the summer. But in the winter I prefer my revlon colorstay, a matte finish. This also has almost no staying power. But seriously, I like this foundation. Great price too.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2014 11:10:00 PM More reviews by roman0vmarisa

Honestly, this had been my go-to foundation for a few months, mostly because it was pretty cheap and I go through foundation fast as I am always taking it off and reapplying it throughout the day. This foundation wasn't horrible but it could have been a lot better. The coverage was average but as the day went on it would come off - it didn't hold very well on the skin. I would say try another foundation first but this one wasn't too bad! I have combination/sensitive skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/10/2014 4:08:00 PM More reviews by Sarahjean98

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Horrible! I'm a highschool student and by the time I make it to my first period the foundation has wore off. It breaks me out and doesn't cover what is needed! A Pro is that its not pricey at all and has lots of product and shades.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/10/2014 7:22:00 AM More reviews by Kiki05

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have extremely oily skin and this foundation is sooo not for me. The color range and coverage is really good i just wish it could control my oil. After 30 mins of wearing this foundation I looked like a frying pan filled with oil. This foundation would suit dry to normal skin types. Overall the foundation is natural looking on the skin and I would definitely recommend this foundation to others who have dry to normal skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2014 6:17:00 AM More reviews by decophile

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I sampled 2 of the Maybelline Fit Me shades after seeing favorable comparisons to a pricey Chanel foundation. I quite liked the consistency and coverage. The coverage is medium and buildable, but a concealor is still desirable for discoloration or blemishes. (I have rosacea.)

The down side: color selection. I tried shades 115 (too pink) and 120 (too dark/orange). 110 seemed too light for me, but if I have another go at this foundation, that's what I'll try. My face is darker than my neck and shoulders, and I'm wanting to better match the latter 2.

Also, the packaging isn't ideal - screw off lid, open top, no pump.

At the moment, I am alternating between Clinique redness solutions in "alabaster" and Revlon Photoready in "vanilla." But I'm interested in trying other foundations.

Update: I finally bought the lightest shade, 110. It's still too light for me, but I'm working with it. The trick is to apply it as sheer as possible and then go in with a separate concealer where needed. The light shade does lighten the look of my skin slightly, which I like. I wear it on days when I want to be as pale as possible and have a bit of extra time to conceal. I still really like the formulation, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2014 5:56:00 PM More reviews by missfran

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This has been my go-to foundation since it came out a few years ago. Number 220 is a perfect match for me and I can easily go up a shade in the months I'm more tan. It is easy to blend and, when used with a primer, lasts a very long time. I have combination skin and I'm happy to say this foundation has never once broken me out. That's the main reason why I've stuck with it. The price is great, anywhere from $6 to $8 depending on where it's purchased. I would definitely recommend people try it at least once.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2014 5:36:00 PM More reviews by emmagaffney

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have repurchased this foundation a few times, and I really like it. It has a smooth consistency and it looks very natural, not cake at all! For me I'd say the coverage is medium. The only downside to this product is that it kind of leaves behind residue, like when Im in school and i have my head propped against my arm, I will find the color on my sleeve. Not to big a deal though, you just have to be careful

rated 1 of 5 on 2/9/2014 8:13:00 AM More reviews by Possum44

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Zit Me! Foundation Review: I got this in 115 and the shade matched well, went on smooth, blended well and looked good. That's where the good times ended. I have combo skin, oily t-zone with some redness and after about an hour was nose was red, as if the makeup just disappeared (I had applied primer and set with powder). After about 4 hrs was t-zone was oily and it looked pretty bad, so I wasn't happy. I have never had a foundation disappear so fast and get so greasy while using primer and powder.
Worse then that, I appeared to have angered my skin, the next day I awoke to a bunch of zits! And I rarely break out, maybe one or 2, but I was zit city! I threw this in the garbage! I've never had a foundation break me out so bad! Bad bad bad product. Use caution if you have sensitive skin and are prone to breakouts.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2014 3:28:00 AM More reviews by jessicatherabbit

I really like this foundation, the shade 125 is perfect for me and I love how it looks. You can build from quite sheer to medium coverage with a somewhat dewy finish. I have combination sometimes oily skin and unfortunately it can get shiny after a few hours and I need to retouch with powder. I usually only wear it when I don't expect to be out for too long and/or I know I won't be getting hot and sweaty. This is the only downside for me but it's probably to be expected of any dewy or semi dewy finish foundation if you have combo/oily skin so it's not a complaint as such, just a warning to similar skinned folk. Powder obviously helps with this but only to a point plus I like minimal powder over it or it ruins the lovely finish of it anyway. I actually prefer putting this on with my fingers over any other application method which is a rarity for me but there you go. Pros: price, beautiful dewy finish, buildable coverage, shade range. Cons: bottle might have wastage, goes shiny after a couple hours. Overall a good buy but I am not sure if I will purchase again. Bourjois healthy skin foundation has a similar albeit slightly heavier finish but lasts longer so I'm not sure if there is room in my collection for two foundations so similar and bourjois is marginally superior.