September 16, 2014 | 1815 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2013 8:22:00 PM More reviews by elleee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation! I was lucky enough to get an absolute perfect colour match for my skin which I often struggle with - foundations are often too light or too dark for me. It blends extremely easily (I use my fingers) and although it is a light to medium coverage, it is definitely build-able.

The only downside is it does get a little bit cakey around dry areas and creases under the eyes a little. I am able to avoid this a little with moisturiser and primer but it certainly does accentuate dry areas which is frustrating! It is also $35 here is Australia which is a little expensive for a drug store foundation, but worth it.

Over all though, I love it and will be buying it again!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/10/2013 3:51:00 AM More reviews by Kelseylovesorange

This was my first ever liquid foundation. I'm more of a powder girl, but felt like trying something new. So lots of Internet searching led me to believe that this was one of the best drugstore liquid foundations around. After reading many reviews and watching a bunch of tutorials that featured this product, I was in love before trying it. When I first got it, I was so excited! The only downside was the stupid bottle! i wish it had a pump. but I still went straight to the mirror and applied it with my fingers. It was so cakey! I removed it and tried again with a (high quality) makeup brush. I made sure to apply a tiny tiny tiny amount incase that was the problem. Still cakey. I grabbed a sponge and reapplied. Although the sponge made it better, it felt like I was wearing a mask and it was noticeable on my skin. I read such nice things and this is how it turned out? I wouldn't wear this again product again.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2013 9:50:00 PM More reviews by Freebirdsoul

I have mixed feelings on this foundation. The first thing that bothered me was the scent. It had a perfumey floral scent to it which I do not appreciate. Makeup should not be scented in my opinion. why do we need the extra chemicals ? The second thing that bothered me was that it runs out of the bottle so fast it flows all over your hand and you waste some. Needs a pump if its going to be that runny. I've found that this foundation goes on nicely with a beauty blender but you really need to be quick with it as it dries fast ! My skin looks really flawless for the first couple of hours but then ends up looking splotchy ? This really was not worth the hype. I will stick to my kat Von d !

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2013 8:36:00 PM More reviews by babygirl1605

I've always heard great things about this but its definitely not for me. It gives good coverage and controls oil well but its way too thick for me . It feels like a mask on my face. If it wasn't quite so thick I would probably like it better but this one is a miss for me .

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2013 7:04:00 PM More reviews by P83Wanad

I bought this product as I wanted to try some hardcore full coverage in order to hide lots of red spots.

I currently have loads of dry patches and this thing just clings to every single imperfection giving the skin a very coarse, grainy, flaky disgusting effect. It seriously emphasizes EVERY.SINGLE.BIT. of bad skin I have at the moment, far from covering it, it makes it look so much worse.

***EDIT***
    Decided to re-review this product as I was probably not applying it properly. Thanks to YT I saw a video of a lady applying this layer by layer using a WET SPONGE, so I tried it out and it works out so much better. I would not recommend anyone to try and apply this in a thick layer using fingers, it's a disaster. It needs to be built slowly and worked into the skin in tiny half circles with a wet, flat sponge.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2013 6:03:00 PM More reviews by Glambarbie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVED THIS FORMULA. I got one and used it up. I was extremely impressed by the lasting power and coverage, it NEVER looked cakey. It also never oxide. So I went back to get another one once I ran out. I was surprised when turned me BRIGHT orange, and looked cakey and splotchy. I googled it and that's when I found out Revlon changed the formulation. They had an amazing product, why would they change it?

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2013 5:24:00 PM More reviews by lauramrob

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I tried this product after hearing all the hype about it, and I really didn't end up liking it.

First off, the packing sucks. It's a glass bottle with no pump, which leads to product not being accessible and just general messiness.

Product-wise, it just did not look good to me. While it's definitely full coverage, you can definitely see this product on your skin. It looks good until you look at a mirror (even from 2ft away), and then you can see all the product. It just looked really unnatural. Staying wise it's good though! Honestly to me this was almost a negative (crazy I know) because this stuff DOES NOT COME OFF. It doesn't come off with water. I had to wash my face with a cleanser and SCRUB twice, and it still didn't feel like all the product was off. To me this seems like it could lead to irritation of the skin, but I didn't use it long enough to find out.

So I guess if the packaging doesn't bother you, and you don't mind being able to tell you have a full face of makeup on (as well as having to work hard to get it off!) then this makeup would be perfect. However, not for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2013 12:08:00 AM More reviews by czarlenette

im a MAC NC30 and i purchased this in 330 Natural Tan. With post-acne scars constellating my face, i was looking for a foundation with good coverage. This foundation did a great job covering my scars, and when applied with a damp beauty blender, this had the most flawless finish. However, as the day went on, i couldnt help to notice how much darker my face has gotten. This foundation oxidized so much!

I also had an issue with the bottle. I'd prefer it if it had a pump, but since it doesnt, i have to pour it onto the back of my hand. The foundation flows pretty fast, so youd always end up with some extra.

Also, if youre sensitive to fragrance, this foundation has a little bit of a chemical scent to it. It's not overpowering, but itll go away within a short period of time.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2013 5:00:00 PM More reviews by makeupaddict777

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ok, I have tried soooo many foundation products throughout my life, only to be disappointed by every single one...until now! I decided to give Colorstay a try after doing a search for foundations and sorting by most popular. I had my doubts: that it would be too oily, break me out, not offer good enough pigmentation, not last long enough, etc. It proved me wrong on all accounts. Here are my pros and cons:

PROS:
    Tons of shades
    Long wearing (at least 8.5 - 10 hours for me if powder is used to set)
    Really smoothes out blemishes and scars
    DOESNT BREAK ME OUT!! {this is huge because nearly everything does!}

CONS:
    Still need to blot at least once per day (not a big deal)
    Doesn't set as well or last as long if no powder is used
    Packaging: if only it had a pump, it would be perfect!

I just want to add that I took a risk and wore this makeup with some sunscreen while camping and sunbathing--normally a recipe for acne disasters--but while using this makeup my skin has gotten progressively clearer.

Oh, and I'm a c4 in MAC and natural tan seems to match really well, though I might need a bit of bronzer or a slightly darker powder during the height of summer tanning, but otherwise it is a perfect match.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/2/2013 3:14:00 AM More reviews by Demureinaka

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am very pale with a yellow undertone and the ivory did not blend well with me and there are no other light shades. It dries very fast which makes it hard to blend anyway. Every time I put this foundation on I had a break outs the next day. I would wash my face before bed but that never did any good I would still spend days fighting zits. Might dry fast but would get cakey over the day. If you have oily skin I would say this is not a good foundation.