Revlon ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

3.8

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (7.3%) Inactive Ingredients: Aqua/Water (Water), Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, SD Alcohol 40B, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Nylon 12, Tribehenin, Isododecane, Polyisobutene, Sodium Chloride, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Bisabolol, Serica (Silk Powder), Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Malva Sylvestris Flower Extract (Mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (Lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Alumina, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Ethylene Brassylate, Methicone, Trisiloxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain (+/-): Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)

on 9/10/2013 5:44:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Okay, so I have used both versions of this foundation, despite being very oily and acne-prone. I will explain this when I review the formulation for Normal/Dry. I will update that part of the review later.

Combination/Oily Formulation
*PROS*
*Wears ALL DAY, so great, especially for those with very oily skin
*Great coverage that can range from light to full depending on method of application
*Decent price for the product
*Sets to a matte finish

*CONS
*After a day's time of wear, this may have cracked a little bit or get into lines
*OXIDIZES. Unfortunately this is why I had to stop using this. I am very fair-skinned, so it was incredibly noticeable when this oxidized, even with blending it down my neck :(
*Could use some lighter shades than the current lightest for those with very fair skin.
*Packaging. I wish this was in a squeeze tube, but I have been transferring new bottles into an old (but sanitized) foundation bottle with a pump top.

Normal/Dry Formulation
WILL BE UPDATED SOON

on 9/9/2013 7:25:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I like it, but it does not live up to its name. Yes, it isn't cakey and matches my NC15 skin tone, but I have to reapply it after 3 hours!

on 9/8/2013 2:18:00 AM

My go to foundation! Great coverage, it is definitely buildable so can have full to medium coverage. I've used MAC, Estee lauder, benefit, etc and this beats them all. Great go to makeup for anyone!

on 9/3/2013 1:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Okay i have a love hate with this foundation. There are 2 types of this particular foundation. the one for normal/dry skin and the combination/oily skin, i cant seem to find my shade i love the combination/oily skin formula its thick but blendable, my only complaint is the staying power i dont see it at all. it leaves my face within 4 hours so i dont know what type of powder everyone is using it with but it doesnt stay. so its a no go for me, i still love it tho just have to reapply it which is lame.

First of all I first tried this with the old packaging (without the pump) which is poorly designed. Other than that, this foundation has MEGA staying power (sometimes i still have residue after I wash my face...ew lol). It stays put all day and gives flawless, dewy-yet-full coverage. I will absolutely repurchase online where I can get it for $20NZD (about $18 dollars cheaper than in stores). Great foundation!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love that they make a shade light enough for me in this line, and for the first couple of hours that I wear it, I love it, but after that I start getting major oil breakthroughs, even though I use a fantastic setting powder. I wouldn't consider my skin to be severely oily, either; I think that this product is best for people with dry/normal skin types.

on 8/31/2013 6:12:00 PM

stays on all day, clean matte finish, I am a NC20 - NC25 and got this in Nude, great natural look but excellend coverate, i use a foundation brush or stiple brush and its such a good match that I reallly just spot apply to the uneven areas. Will definately repurchase

on 8/31/2013 4:40:00 AM

Bought this foundation because it was on sale for $9, I enjoy it, medium to buildable coverage and blends in really well and has a vast range of colours! Only downside is that it doesn't have a pump and also it's quite thick on the skin beside that, definitely one of my top drugstore/chemist foundations!

on 8/30/2013 10:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've been using this foundation for nearly 2 years now. I was looking for a decent drugstore foundation as I've been dissatisfied with nearly all dept store ones I've tried (MUFA, Clinique, Estee Lauder etc...). Clinique Even Better had been my go to but I tried this due to rave reviews and it works just as well. Coverage is great as well as staying power. It doesn't do anything for me in terms of shine but nothing does. I usually just set this with a loose power or pressed powder if I'm looking for more coverage that day. I recommend this to anyone looking for a great drugstore foundation.

on 8/30/2013 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this a few days ago and I'm so happy with it. I've tried so many (high end) foundations and this works better than all of them. It provides excellent coverage without being cake-y or thick. A little goes a long way, it matches my skin tone, and the price is very reasonable.