Burt's Bees Apricot baby oil [DISCONTINUED]

4.3

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Apricot kernel oil, grapeseed oil, wheat germ oil, tocopheryl acetate & tocopherol (vitamin E), rosemary extract, beta-carotene, fragrance.98.00% Natural

on 12/6/2004 8:33:00 AM

I looooove this stuff! I just recieved some in a swap and this oil is just soo divine! I love the scent, clean and comforting! I use this as SOON as i jump out of the shower, while im still wet i rub some into my palms (til it goes kind of creamy) and rub it on my body...it soaks in straight away, and unlike lotion, you dont have to stand there rubbing it in...my skin looks gorgeous afterwards:)

on 11/5/2004 6:24:00 PM

This is a wonderful oil. I use it on my hand and everywhere in the winter. It absorbs right in and leaves no oily residue. It smells great and my husband likes this too for dry hands. It reallt absords beautifully.

on 10/20/2004 9:17:00 PM

Love this product. I use it as a bath oil or as a body moisturizer. Nice conforting smell, and I would buy again after I finish the bottle.

on 9/29/2004 2:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I love this! I'd been looking for something without mineral oil, and Burt's products have always come through for me.
I use this on my legs, elbows, and feet after showers and it works very well- it's replaced my baby oil gel. Moisturizes all day and smells DIVINE. I use this with Kiss My Face Peaches & Creme lotion and I smell absolutely edible- but not in a fake, perfumey way.
I agree with the others- change this out into a small squeeze or pump bottle. The glass looks nice on the shelf but it's outright dangerous in use.

on 7/17/2004 12:01:00 PM

I'm in the minority here. I've been using this for awhile, and I hesitated to write a review because I didn't really feel strongly about it either way, but today my husband told me I smelled like cat pee. So that's that. I think it might be the grapeseed oil. There is definitely something in there that isn't quite right. I *love* the Baby Bee buttermilk lotion, so it's not the baby bee smell I don't like. But this doesn't smell quite like that. Anyway, as an oil, this is only okay. It is thick, which means that it doesn't spread very easily. Which to me is the point of using an oil as opposed to a lotion. And the color frightens me - the bright orange will get over everything (floor, towels, clothing) if you're not careful. I had to transfer it to a pump bottle, which helped a little. All in all, I much prefer regular J&J baby oil for 1/4 the price.

on 7/5/2004 4:08:00 PM

smells de-lish! I like to use it in a bath or on a cotton ball to treat just-shaved, irritated skin.

on 6/21/2004 11:55:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I love this. I use the sample one from the Baby Bee starter kit, which I think I'll probably repurchase instead of a full size. I love the smell, I love the texture, and I love that you can use it in a ton of ways. I use it as hand cream stuff, I put it in the bath, I sit around smelling it because it smells so so so good, and I use it as perfume. Its amazing.

on 6/14/2004 11:02:00 AM

I love this stuff! It smells so good and gives my skin a light sheen. I won't be without this!

on 6/2/2004 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a secret date weapon. I wear this (the burt's bees sold perfume has the same smell) and my dates love the scent- not as overpowering as perfume and kind of a non-descript not perfume not soap smell. It's also a great natural moisturizer if you have skin issues to chemical ingredients in moisturizers. The only bad thing is the glass bottle and the top doesn't close all the way. Get an empty plastic bottle and switch it out.

on 5/27/2004 11:52:00 PM

I love the smell and feel of this oil. And my cat likes to lick the bottle or my leg if she catches me after my bath. As for the glass bottle, I took care of that problem by pouring it into a left over spray oil bottle. It had a pretty good pump on it, and no worries about the glass :)

Popular Bath Treatments