November 23, 2014 | 1190 users online

Moisturizers - Garnier - Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2012 7:55:00 PM More reviews by bopadoo

I have combination skin, and I wanted a gel moisturizer, beacuse I don't particularly like the feel of white cream moisturizers with spf, the greasy kind that smells like sunscreen. I LOVE this! It takes the tiniest amount, and soaks into the skin with ease, and feels so cooling and refreshing. It has a faint smell, but is cucumbery and fresh, I love it! I bought this because I ran out of my clinique moisture surge moisturizer, the pink gel. This is the best dupe I've found, they're EXACTLY the same, with about a third of the price! Not at all greasy, refreshing, and moisturizing. Love this design, the packaging even look high-end and nice :) Definateley using this for a long, long time.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2012 1:25:00 AM More reviews by becccalove

I love this product! I have acne prone skin that gets super shiny throughout the day- and this stuff worked for me! It went on so well under my makeup and didn't make me break out or have a shiny nose! Will defiantly be buying this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2012 2:27:00 PM More reviews by AEich7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this moisturizer! I have very oily skin, but it can be dry on my cheeks and due to use of Retin-A. Skin needs moisture, no matter how oily it is, so this is my HG moisturizer. It doesn't make my skin feel sticky or heavy like regular lotions/moisturizers - just a light, gentle moisturizer. It's a much better value than Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel, which is great, but pricey.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2012 11:31:00 AM More reviews by ButterflyLov3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I Freakin' luff this schtuff (excuse my goofy spelling :3) The first day i bought this i was in love with it. There is no way this product got bad reviews. I don't particularly need moisture but it's still an amazing product. And a little goes a very long way. I barely poke my pinky in there and that's more than enough. Will definitely purchase again and again!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2012 5:33:00 PM More reviews by Xyooj

I really like this product. Compare to Clean and Clear moisturizing lotions and other moisturizers I've used in the past, this is a wonderful product.

I do like how it's "gel" instead of moisturizing lotion because it just goes on way more smoothly and it does not feel greasy on the skin at all. When applying it onto the skin, it feels so cool and lightweight. It doesn't feel heavy on the skin. The fragrance of this product is quite pleasant (it kind of have a fresh cucumber smell to it) and the color is just simply beautiful. What I also like about this product is that it has SPF 15 in it which claims to "help protect skin against UV damage".

For my own personal experience with this product, every time that I do put on the gel-dream, I can automatically see the differences. My skin just looks moisturized and smooth. The directions does say to "gently apply every morning and night to face", but I only apply it in the morning and then use a night cream at night. Also, I've gotten compliments by my boyfriend on how "soft" my face felt haha. That's always a plus :)!
As for right now, I'm actually on my second jar and yes, I would like to purchase this item again.

One thing I kind of didn't like about it was that I bought it for almost 8.00 and the packaging looked just a bit small. But then after using it couple of times, I realized that I didn't have put on a lot of the product, which made the issue even smaller.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2012 11:35:00 AM More reviews by M0nay07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2012 10:25:00 PM More reviews by GGnumber1fan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This moisturizer is good, not amazing, but it is good!
I use it morning and night- I kind of mix it up with my other moisturizers because to be honest, I don't find this product moisturizing enough for my liking. I think if you have oily skin and you're that kind of person who HATES those moisturizers that give you that greasy/oily feel, this moisturizer is for you- it's SO light, and absorbs into your skin instantly. And no, it does not give you an "oily" finish. In the summertime, when my skin is actually considered oily, I love using this stuff, of course, I have to wear a sunscreen over it, but either way, it's great! Plus, it's a GEL so it feels cold on your skin, which I've notived wakes me up in the morning and makes me feel so refreshed, I love it. The smell of this is UNREAL! It's SOOOOOOOOOO good, like, I can't even explain- it smells very much like that typical Garnier smell- very fruity, like fresh grapes. Ingredient wise, it's pretty good- there is a high amount of alcohol which isn't necessarily "bad" but if you have dry skin, stay away from this product unless you like moisturizers that are extremely light. There is also grape extract like most other Garnier skincare products. There is also vitamins like B6, C, and E. There are also ingredients that help smooth the skin, so this can definitely be great to wear under makeup. For the packaging, yes, it is in a tub, but if you're not a huge bacteria-freak, than it's not a big deal- I actually prefer moisturizers in tubs like this, I don't know why, it is just a lot more classy-looking, to me.
The price is not too bad, consiering what you're getting from this product. It usually ranges from $8 to $12. Not too too bad.
If you do have more normal to dry skin, Garnier sells a moisturizer that is pretty much like this one, only it's an actual cream, but same exact packaging and everything. I might try that one and then make a review!

But, would I reccomend this moisturizer? Definitely. Again, if you have combo/oily skin, this is super lightweight and it feels cool on the skin in the morning. One bad side, there is NO SPF. Garnier does sell SPF moisturizers though, and those have very similar ingredients to this product.

Hope this review has helped you! :)

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/15/2012 5:34:00 PM More reviews by rubyred1004

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Very lightweight product that went on smoothly and felt very refreshing. However, it was not very moisturizing. My face has recently gone from very dry to combo dry/oily (if that makes any sense). So I like that it is light for the oily parts of my face but not moisturizing at all for the dry parts of my face. Smells good though, great glass packaging (makes it feel high-end) and not a horrible product.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2012 5:01:00 PM More reviews by GorgeousWednesday

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

FIRST OPINION: I usually don't write about a product when I've only been using it for a couple days, but this product surprised me! I've wanted to try Clinique's "Moisture Surge" but after reading reviews on it I decided I wasn't going to risk paying that kind of money on a product that didn't have flawless reviews. I saw this on sale in my drugstore the other day and was interested because it was the same concept of a gel face cream. I decided that $8.99 was a way better price then $49.50, and I didn't have much to lose. I'm glad I tried it! I love the container, and as much as a jar can be unsanitary I ALWAYS use clean hands when I'm applying face products, so that shouldn't really be an issue (for anyone) in my opinion. The glass jar makes it feel way more luxurious too. The gel formula is green, and smells like green grapes (not synthetic, real green grapes). It smoothes over the skin nicely, at first it was slightly sticky and didn't feel very moisturizing, but within an hour my face felt great and had no visible dry patches. I'm excited to use this product and cannot wait to update this review!
REVIEW: Amazing. My first look at this product basically covers everything but I just wanted to add a couple more points for everyone. You don't need much of this product! I was using too much and that's why my face was sticky! I like to put half a pea sized drop of a creamy light moisturizer on my nose and chin underneath this to keep my skin glowing and healthy. Don't rub it in too much. Lastly, use this at night! I wouldn't recommend using this in the day. I found it drying in the day but at night it improves your face's moisture and evens out your complexion. I just wash my face at night now, followed by this moisture gel. Everyone has been commenting on my skin and asking what I've been doing. My little secret :)

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2012 3:58:00 PM More reviews by TaniitaTania

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I remember i purchase this product 2 yrs ago and in that time i used this clinque 3 step system for acne (worst product ever) it dried my skin soo bad and made me breakout even more and i actually have oily skin and made my skin super dry , i desperately needed a moisturizer because i felt like my skin was yelling help and i purchase this product, so i heard gel moisturizers don't break you out like cream moisturizers , this product did hydrate my skin and i quit using the clinque 3 step system and my skin healed and looked more healthy, well i loved this moisturizer so much that i purchase it like 3 more times ,well later on i found out it made my skin more oily , and checked the ingredients and it had alcohol ,for oily skin types it makes your skin produce more oil and for dry skin types it really just drys out more your skin, One thing i hate about Garnier skin products is the heavy fragrances it contains , i mean the fragrances smell good but i just think skin products shouldn't have fragrances for lots of reasons ,they should just stick with those fragrances on their shampoos and conditioners Not skin products ! ,now i use Neutrogena combination skin moisturizer and it contains No fragrances and i fell like it hydrates my skin but doesn't look greasy Overall i quit using this product about a yr. ago.