November 23, 2014 | 2039 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Burt's Bees - Coconut Foot Creme

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2007 11:19:00 PM More reviews by Rapunzelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my holy grail foot cream! I have tried SO many over the years on my extremely dry, cracked, peeling feet. I go barefoot all the time so they just get in terrible shape. This stuff is so fantastic. It's really more of an ointment than a cream, but that's part of the magic. I only use it at night because it is so thick and greasy, but after a week of applying it nightly, my feet are soft and the callouses are gone. It smells amazing and I love that it's so natural. I slather it on and put on socks to keep it from getting all over the sheets. If my feet still feel greasy the next morning i just rinse them off with water. I'm really glad they changed the packaging because the metal tube made it difficult to use all of the product.

***Update***

This is still the miracle treatment it has always been. My feet get so disgusting (callouses, cracks, peeling etc) if I don't use this, but this literally transforms them in a few days. I had a blood blister that wouldn't go away and this actually helped it heal faster. HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2007 10:08:00 PM More reviews by kag26

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It's super super greasy, yes, but worth it. Nothing has ever made my feet (or elbows, or cuticles) so incredibly soft and moisturized. As long as you take precautions to put on socks/gloves you should be fine. The smell is also pretty strong, of coconut with some peppermint. I love it, but if you don't it might be too much. amazing! Will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2007 8:06:00 AM More reviews by WendyW

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Believe it or not I use this as a hair treatment on my very long wavy hair. I read about this use from another MUA reviewer. I use just a small amount, rub in my hands, and apply to the lower portion of my hair. The ingredients are simple and very similar to higher priced hair pomades or treatment oils. I found it on sale at Walgreens for $4.50. I don't use the Peppermint Foot Creme since I don't want my hair to smell like peppermint. I've also used on my curticles and foot heels. Yes, it's oily, but a little goes a long way.

The ingredients are: Vegetable gycerin, olive oil, oat flour, lecithin, sucrose stearate, sucrose distearate, magnesium stearate, coconut oil, oat oil, vitamin E, peppermint oil, rosemary oil, fragrance.
Although it has some peppermint in it, it's not the peppermint cream.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/5/2007 2:57:00 PM More reviews by shoefly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

As others have said, very greasy product. I don't have a problem with the greasiness, just the fact that it doesn't absorb and by morning you're left with sticky, tacky feet (I followed the directions and wore socks after each application, so not quite sure what happened). The dry skin on my heels remains, only now it has a greasy film on top of it. Blech. Definitely disappointed after reading such great reviews, but thankfully I didn't purchase a full-size tube so I won't feel too guilty about getting rid of it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2007 11:34:00 PM More reviews by lindylu22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Not what I expected, way more greasy, I thought it was going to be a cream, not a ...I don't know the word. Anywho, I like the smell, and I like how it makes my feet feel. It feels pretty weird having it on your hands, but I always wash them afterward. I'm still looking for the HG foot cream.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2007 9:50:00 PM More reviews by LucySnow

I wanted this for the longest time, so I hate to say I've found it to be a big disappointment. I like the coconut-peppermint scent, but after using it for several weeks, I have to say that's the best thing about it. It's very greasy, so you have to use it before bed with socks. I think most of it ends up on the inside of my socks and I don't find it leaves my feet terribly moisturized. Regular lotion works just as well if not better. In the summer, I need a foot cream that can be applied in the morning so my feet are sandal ready for the day. Burt's Bees just doesn't cut it. I tried a sample of L'Occitane's Shea Butter foot cream and think it's a much superior product.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/2/2007 2:05:00 PM More reviews by CraxFactor

How cheap this product would have to be before I used it again: $3. . .

It makes my feet feel like they're suffocating as it melds to the socks. Also smells like cheap tan lotion. And really attacking callouses and cracked heels for me requires an epsom salt soak, some good pumicing and then some foot cream - first two steps not optional. For my money I'll stick with Vaseline.

EDIT: Just struck me that this reminds me of the performance art of Joseph Beuys, covering himself in animal fat then wrapping himself in felt and crawling around a white room to symbolize Tartan nomads nursing him back to health after crashing his plane in a DMZ during world war II. That's how sticky my feet feel. And Beuys also enjoyed working with honey and beeswax, too. Just sayin'.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2007 8:02:00 PM More reviews by charchy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It IS greasy. But I am totally ok with it since I put them on right before I go to bed and don't walk after that. I let my feet "dry" with it in the air for 1 minute then it's totally fine. I don't use socks after it. Not a big fan of the smell. It moisturizes above average. My feet are not as dry as before. I think I will buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2007 1:17:00 PM More reviews by princess_eab

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

ETA - This definitely doesn't get rid of callouses, but it sure does HEAL scars on the feet! I over "shaved" my soles in a desperate attempt to get rid of my callouses and instead created new cracks and red areas (stupid!), but this has been healing the skin under socks at night and is very soothing. - END EDIT Good foot cream-- all natural, smells fantastic! I usually scrub my feet, cover them with this stuff, and wear socks to bed. It doesn't necessarily get rid of callouses as much as a pedicure (but since I live in NYC I have major callouses). However, your feet will be incredibly SOFT. This is a great product!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2007 11:50:00 AM More reviews by deena279

I really hated this the first time I used it because it was so greasy. But then I read the directions carefullly and noticed that it said to wear socks overnight with this, and VOILA! Now I'm a fan. It is still a bit greasy, but it's great for smoothing out hardened soles.