August 27, 2014 | 1793 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED

RELATED PRODUCTS

NAKED2: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=148781/NAKED2-/Urban-Decay/Palettes

NAKED3: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=167248/NAKED-3/Urban-Decay/Palettes

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 10:34:00 AM More reviews by Britty18

These shadows are simply amazing. They apply great and there are so many different combinations you can do! I love experimenting with all the different shades. Definitely worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 1:08:00 AM More reviews by romagrey

I used this Palette every single time I put on eye makeup and I own a lot of eyeshadows and palettes. It is my absolute favorite. The pigmentation is amazing, colours are beautiful and practical but still glamourous, blends nicely, everything is just great. I cannot blend out an eyeshadow look unless I'm using the shade naked from this palette. There are so many looks!! Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 8:02:00 PM More reviews by icestars

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE IT! It may seem a little pricey, but the shadows are so long wearing and pigmented that you don't need to use that much. There's a lot of shadow in a little pan and this palette has lasted me forever!

I haven't needed to repurchase for 2 years of consistent wear. The colors I use the most are Buck, Naked, and Virgin; as contour, contour, and highlighter. Virgin is seriously the prettiest and most perfect highlighting shade for brow bone, inner corner, and center of your lid. I occasionally like to dust a bit on the bridge of my nose for a bit of light reflecting and it adds such a beautiful glow.

The primer potion is not needed with these shadows (even though UDPP is perfect) because they last all day without any sort of primer. No fall out! No smudging (even on my super oily lids)! Perfection!

All the shades are so versatile and I always get compliments. You can make your face look bare and naked, or a intense and dramatic look. Easily layered! I like to build up Creep for a smokey eye. Looks great! It's also perfect for just an everyday look, whether it be work or school. I use a lotta Naked and a little Buck for the perfect contouring that enhances my eyes but looks very natural.

The shadows have a creamy feel to them and apply so perfectly and smoothly. It's difficult to mess them up. No fall out and very easy to blend.

Will definitely repurchase! Recommended to everyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2013 11:24:00 PM More reviews by Blondemakeupaddict

This is my signature makeup pallate. I get SO many compliments every day and people are always asking me what eyeshadow I use. Love it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2013 9:44:00 PM More reviews by melissalovesmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Love love love this palette! All of these neutral colors look beautiful on any eye. The mini primer potion that comes with it will definitely come in handy! One of my favorite colors on the palette is "sidecar!" Shadows go on like butter. Smooth shadows that glide on with ease. Love it!

** Only gave 3 lippies to the packaging cause I'm really not a big fan of the felt case, and I'm also not a big fan of the magnetic closing case. I have NAKED2 and NAKED3 and the cases on those are similar, hopefully if they make anymore of the NAKED palettes, which I'm sure they will, they will continue with the metal case. Love UDNaked! Definite Buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2013 10:40:00 AM More reviews by Natalya1998

I love this palette so much, the only one I ever use! Can't wait to try naked 2 and 3!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2013 9:13:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunkie2012

This palette was my very first UD purchase so it has a special spot in my heart. For reference I'm a NC45 in skintone. I reach for this when I'm wanting a nice bronzy or smokey eye. The colors are easy to blend and does not fade on me over the course of the day. As my primer I use MAC Paint Pot in Bare Study and I encounter zero creasing over 10 hours of wear. I haven't come to close to hitting pan just yet as I've bouncing between this one and the Lorac Pro palette. Its a worthy buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2013 8:49:00 PM More reviews by ChEyEnNeAnNeTtE

This was my first eyeshadow palette of any kind, and with it being UD, it had to be good. It's far exceeded my expectations and I find myself going back to it no matter how many other palettes I buy. It's probably my HG palette, if one of those can exist. It's so pigmented and the shades are so diverse almost any look can be achieved. Sure, it's pricey, but it comes out to be about $4/eyeshadow and that's in the drugstore range. I can't say enough good things about it. The only con I have is that the packaging is a bit... delicate. It's strong and durable in its construction, but the gold foil lettering is wearing off just from daily use and it's like a magnet for any kind of lint or fur and that doesn't look too pretty on the brown velvet. That's cosmetic (no pun intended) but nothing can be PERFECT. If that's the only issue I have with it, I'd say it's a pretty great palette. If you don't have it, BUY IT. Now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2013 8:48:00 PM More reviews by taylor123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I don't know how I was ever happy without this palette. I realize 3 others have come out since this one but I don't care, the first one in my opinion is the best and oh so beautiful!
-the texture of Urban Decay shadows are the best in my opinion, as well as MAC's. They're smooth and velvety, NEVER chalky or powdery. No fallout as long as you tap your brush.
-the colors are beautiful especially if you have a warm skin tone. I'm tan with a yellow or olive skintone and these shades look incredible on the skin! If you're cooler you'd probably like the Naked 2.
-the colors are mostly bronze, browns and cream colors. A few darker colors for a smoky eye but most are very natural every day shades.
-the price is expensive. 52 dollars but I would say its worth every penny. I use it every single day and I haven't purchased another eyeshadow since I got the naked palette. Everything I need is in it!
-nice velvet packaging, with a magnetic closure. HUGE mirror which I was very pleased with. Also came with a double sided eyeliner.

THE SHADOWS:
-Virgin: sheer, midtone highlight shade. Not too pink, not too yellow. Right in the middle. I'd call it a shimmery pearl.
-Sin: shimmer highlight as well. More on the pink side.
-Naked: just as the name suggests. A very natural mid tone brown. More of a light brown than a dark brown. Perfect transition color or to blend out any other shadows. Matte and not chalky at all.
-Sidecar: a shimmery taupe brown. I like to pair this one with Virgin. They go great together.
-Buck: a very warm matte brown. More yellow undertones than Naked.
-Half Baked: a very vibrant, shimmer gold color.
-Darkhorse: shimmery brown with gold shimmer
-Toasted: my favorite color in the palette. It's similar to All that Glitters from MAC but it's got way more depth and intensity. Almost looks multi dimensional. It has some taupe, some red, some gold, some purple. Very interesting color.
-Hustle: dark chocolate shimmer brown with some red shimmer in it.
-Creep: purple-ish black color with silver glitter. You may get some fallout with this one. Be careful!
-Gunmental: name says it all. Very intense gunmental silver color. Has a little bit of a blue tint to it as well. So pretty!

All in all I say it's worth the money for sure. You will use all of the colors and some of my favorite eyeshadows of all time come from this palette. You get your moneys worth. 12 good quality eyeshadows can never be a bad thing!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2013 7:35:00 PM More reviews by Kica

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

So yeah, I'm VERY late getting Naked. After having wasted money on dupes I finally just went ahead and bought the real thing. It has changed my eyeshadow life I tell ya. There is not a color in here that doesn't look good on my 52yr old NW45 self! They apply, blend, are true to color on my eyes and wear beautifully with a primer. I've used them every single day and am beyond pleased. The color Buck is the perfect shade for both a base and when I just want a wash of color. Sidecar and Darkhorse....It's just true love, I could go on and on. Ok, I'm gushing now. So I'll just end by saying that is one of my top 3 best beauty purchases this year.